All Comments on 'Yesterday'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 390 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Such a shame

To write such a disgusting story based on such a wonderful song. The song deserved better. Most be one of your worse. I'm a fan btw but here you failed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
And the point was.....

Apart from denigrating a great song, this story was a pile of shit, with no focus, or ending, really bad

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I’m getting so tired...

... of all the Trump supporters clogging up this site and turning the comments section into a flaming shit storm.

“Wimp, blah, blah, cuck, blah, blah, set her on fire, blah, blah.” A bunch of fucking losers trying to find someplace they can be the king of their personal revenge fantasy. They should just go suck their idol’s dick.

TreymonTreymonalmost 4 years ago
Brainwashed bimbos

Bringing politics here LOL. You can't be more dumbed down.

mainer42mainer42almost 4 years ago

I am not anonymous and I liked it!!! so there.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"Gil, I am trying to make him stop that [anal sex]." - How about telling him "No?"

green117green117almost 4 years ago
Yah know...

looking for reality in HDK is kind of a reach, mostly because like a certain Brit, he likes to tease.

Here, it strikes me that if the female protagonist had done what she said she would, left the new guy and waited her husband out, there would have been some chance. As it stands, she is outed as a self-centered sort, and the marriage as a semi-mystical union is devalued.

Much darker than I saw at first glance - might have actually satisfied the Blood and Bitching crew, if they had noticed.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
re:mainer42

So you want a medal for not being anonymous? Is mainer 42 your name? You do know you're an idiot, right?

timrivtimrivalmost 4 years ago

Should have ended: Epilogue approx. 4+ year timeline.

As the days and weeks passed, the gulf between Cyn and Gil didn’t close. The girls hardly spoke to their mother and finally Cyn requested the see a counselor. Further months went by still not sex between Cyn and Gil, the girls still could feel the rift in the family. The counseling help them understand what had happened but was unable to close the wound. After a year of stress Cyn finally told Gil she was leaving and divorcing him. She handed him the divorce papers that asked for nothing and awarded him custody of the girls. She told him she was convinced that he was never going to get over it and they had to move on as it was hurting the girls the way things were.

Four months later they were divorced. Cyn still had her teaching job, had got a 2 bedroom apartment so the girls had their own room. Gil was taken by surprise and his attempt to punish Cyn had not gone the way he envisioned and now he was single middle aged and raising 2 girls.

Gil dated some but found others lacking and other than some unsatisfying sex he usually didn’t have more than a second date. Cyn however, after three months alone began to date as well and became quite popular and bedded numerous hung guys even experimenting with multiple partners, and interracial sex.

Cyn still loved her ex-husband and was surprised when a couple years later the girls told her how depressed he was. She knew she missed Gil despite the mind blowing sex she had been having but it was just that sex without love and she missed the love part.

So one day Gil was sitting in a bar having a drink when Cyn approached him and asked him to dance. Gil said yes and as they danced he realized how much he missed her. Things developed quickly from then on and six months later the both approached the girls and told them that they were going to get re-married. However, Cyn stayed in her apartment while they were dating right up to the wedding. Gil wanted her to move home but she told him that until they remarried there would be no sex between them so no sleepovers. She didn’t want him to notice how good she had become in bed before they got married, afraid he might get jealous and bail.

However, during the six months they were dating and the two months they were engaged she still continued to entertain her string of studs at least three or four nights a week, without Gil’s knowledge ending with a gang bang with all her studs a week before the wedding.

On their wedding nite Gil never seemed to noticed how her ass and pussy were no longer as tight, when they finally did consummate their relationship or if he did he never said anything, especially when she deep throated him like a pro, he had missed her and the sex they had to care.

Once married Cyn was faithful for the next thirty years until Gil passed away never giving him one days worry about being unfaithful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Interesting

Other than the author being an obvious Beatles fan. I noted that the titles of many stories were titles of songs. Technically a very good writer. After reading several of the stories I have found a very narrow concept band. As well as common storylines. Most are enjoyable and easy reads.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I like the way he handled his business

Like a REAL man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
And?

Good start on a story, but wheres the rest of it? How about including an ending?

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
A suggestion for finishing this story

I suppose the reason that you didn't finish it yourself is, and only can be, known to you. If you wanted to append more to it you would have by now. After all it HAS been 15 years.

Why not open this up for completion or continuation by other authors? I'm sure that there are many that have their own feelings as to how this marriage would progress into the future.

I know I have mine.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

An interesting approach to an affair. This is kind of new territory, never seen anything quite equivalent. Very well done.

fucktheagedfucktheagedover 3 years ago
Good ending timriv

I like Timriv's idea for an epilogue

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

I guess this is a variation on the theme that when you catch a kid smoking you force them to smoke a whole pack, get sick, and never do it again?

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Really needs finishing, was still good.

As for timriv and his epilogue that just sounds like a crock of shit, he would notice something was up and there's no way he wouldn't notice her behaviour and dump her again after telling her daughter's which would just leave them with a bigger gulf between them where she never saw her daughter's or ex again. Not only the fact that in that instance I think he or at the very least his daughters would of passed all the information on to the school board about her affair.

It would be more likely that they patched it up but not without the relationship between the mother and daughters being damaged as they'd realise that she gave up on time with them for strange cock.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Far

Well, it IS Timriv so...

In Timriv's defense, I remember him saying something manly a year or so back. I actually complimented him on it.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
I must say this.

Quite obviously none of you have ever met a foster child. I could turn off someone staring at me right in broad daylight. A minimum of 5 main foster homes and probably as many temporary homes-after a while you just stop caring. Now when I first got out of care yep I could have done this, in the blink of an eye. Work 18 hours a day come home exhausted, never pay attention to the wife. Yep I could see it working for only a former foster child just out of care. Until they started another relationship. But that would be doubtful, after all the wounds of childhood would keep someone from getting close. And if you needed more reason to be away-start a business. There 20 hour days sleep in the business-gone 24/7/365. And no kids since it would be right after getting "freed" from the system. Yeah, I could have done it-since I wouldn't have been around for her "fling". But hey, divorce is so underrated as a coping mechanism, right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sorry no ending the story is not completed A old Movie writer was known for making a Movie and never ending it that was Alfred Hitchcock But this one even surpassed His Concept We the readers want a Ending and Finish of the story . We all have reasons for reading these stories and all are different from each other Mine will remain Unsaid. The bottom line is Most of Us have gone through the Pain of many of these stories and use these Stories to Cope with what we have gone through . Most of Us want to there to be a Ending ! This one had none.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

"Life had become complicated." Would be nice if the story followed those complications instead of dropping off a cliff when things run the risk of getting interesting. But I guess that's asking for too much. Was a pretty interesting spin till then, for what it's worth.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Another story in the HDK universe where, quite conveniently the word divorce hasn’t been invented yet. Not read all HDK’s efforts but the majority I have are all RAAC.

Reconciliation never works, the cheater will always know they got away with it, the cheatee (is that even a word, well it is now) will always know they were played for a fool. That is no basis for a happy future.

ZharKhanZharKhanabout 3 years ago

What a load of horseshit! He should have told everyone. The other wife deserves to know. He’s concerned that his wife will bring home a disease, but doesn’t care about the other cheaters family? Letting his wife go unpunished teaches his daughters to do the same to their future husbands. He thinks he’s so morally superior, but he’s actually very deficient.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Stories like this make me think

-are what we consider plotholes intended or not

-is some of this (e.g. laws, behavior) in this universe different than in our reality-e.g. most stories STD are non existing

-did the author forget to flesh out some details by accident or not

Because this story has immediately obvious problems, if you think about it. And my suspension of disbelief was maxed out. Usually this kind of issues are more clear after the first reading or after a second read but not during the first go.

So any story where I have this "whait a moment" events during the first read are, for me at last, not enjoable.

Most of the issues are mentioned in other comments already!

rules of conduct

diseases

legal possibilities

and so on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

u r a pathetic panty wearing ballless male

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Stand by my previous comment. HDK writes great stories, but cheaters need serious consequences to avoid repeat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beginning and middle were okay ending leaves much to be desired

bauslander1bauslander1almost 3 years ago

Sorry, it was an interesting idea that needs alot more "meat". But mainly the ending left me hanging.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

Love it!

If you write a second chapter don't be afraid to let Gil and Cynthia reconcile

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I gave this first chapter a five; but the second chapter gets a zero!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Bad ending and weird husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This one stopped just when it was getting really interesting: as if the author got tired of the couple he created and just dropped them. Not nice!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you very much for this story. It is wonderfully conceived, realistically presented, and well written. From this vantage point in time, it is possible to look back over 16 years and see the influence that your writing has had on others. This story, in particular, became the seed for another author's magnificent effort some 9 years later. The talent, ability, insight, and continuous contributions of yourself and several others has made this site into a place where anyone can come to learn about and communicate with their pain from a safe distance that cannot be found any where else. Good on you and those others. It is much appreciated.

LWlurker

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestalmost 3 years ago

I don't know what the fucktard before me was talking about when he said "wonderfully conceived, realistically presented, and well written."

it was none of those things.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well I love the ending of this. I'm just completing another story and really want to finish it right where it is. You once suggested I write for myself, not others, so I'll end it now and leave it hanging. Fingers crossed.

PS. Do you wade through Beatle song titles and make up a story for one? Or write a story and find a title that fits?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

To: not_a_honest-viking

From: fucktard

Is so!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sadly, another celibate martyr story. But, "a viral lover" did make me laugh.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

2. Not enjoyable, the husband's response to her sleeping around was to....... have her sleep around more. Its certainly a unique response compared to dumping her or telling her to stop seeing the guy but not a very enjoyable response. I might have rated it higher if there was another chapter explaining his mindset, maybe he was trying to get her to break up with him or something, but as it stands it was a very poor story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not satisfactory. make the stud face up to his evilness and give his wife some of the photos.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Interesting way to handle a cheating wife. Do the BTB thing and ruin two families? Even discounting the financial hardship that exposing the affair would cost. There is a lot to consider. I've known of two couples that had cheaters in them and both were the males. I don't know what goes thru their minds that allow them to cheat. but they do. Re-comciliation? well they did one survived and the other didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The pain will never go away, I know. Life goes on and the pain and anger fades but never leaves. I see my "ex" around town a few times a month, we are both single and yes we talk but id never take that step again even thogh shes mentioned it. It all hurts too much. The kids were very hurt and hated her for a long time because i wasnt there, she lied and i was only allowed supervised visiting with my own kids. Her lover dumped her after i had a talk with him behind a bowling alley one very cold night, he will never bowl again, having suffered both tibias being broken. Gotta watch that ice in Pennsylvania, bad falls can happen. Enough of my llife, You have a good story, id like there to be more of it and a more definate ending and how the kids reacted, they are important. Thanks for a good read even though it stirred emotions in me.

rn2711rn2711over 2 years ago

It can't be a complete story. I want to hear more about what happens later.

Great beginning though.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Sorry, but don’t see this marriage lasting. He has to tell the AP’s wife. She needs to know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Once Cynthia Christmas fessed to the girls Gil should have told her that was a start now she just had to explain the photos to their parents and Kurt’s wife to delay a divorce.

2 star because it was a creative way to torture a cheating wife.

TrambakTrambakabout 2 years ago

Quite a novel approach but how to maintain sanity for months together?

This could work if the cheater is open to some kind of internal repentence. Its a big gamble.

Alternatively, the cheater may start his or her own agenda and brainwash the children.

Very risky business.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Where's the end? HDN seems to direct the story so they stay together, but I don't see it happening.

Letting the wife to continue her affair and even enforcing it, will cause a drift and detachment from him. I think he've done it on purpose so it will be easy to hate her and divorce her.

HikingThruHikingThruabout 2 years ago

I think HDK's niche is frustrating endings. Here the MC is all about sheltering his kids, and maintaining control of the situation, and that's blown with this ending. Reminds of No Reply, where the MC knows full well about the tradition since he enjoyed it at 18 years of age, and seems unprepared when he gets the call.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
I wish

He had finished this story it started out good the husband however was a wimp, it showed to me he didn't really love his wife or he would fought harder for her and them.

tanglosaxtanglosaxalmost 2 years ago

HDK, you need to read "A Boilerplate Rendering," by The Unoriginalist. It is certainly one of the best, if not the best, stories in all of the LW category. I like all of your stories, some of them a lot, but "Yesterday" reads like a poor imitation of "Boilerplate." Read if and see if you do not agree. Tanglosax

tanglosaxtanglosaxalmost 2 years ago

HDK pointed out to me that his story "Yesterday" was written long before "Boilerplate Rendering" by Unoriginalist and that I insulted him by saying his story was an imitation of the story by Unoriginalist. He is absolutely correct, and I apologize, deeply and sincerely (picture John Cleese apologizing in "Fish Called Wanda").

I do stand by the rest of my original comment: I like all of HDK's stories, but "Boilerplate" is great. Tanglosax

PS to HDK: you shouldn't start an email with "Dude."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Seems like a pointless waste of time to let Cynthia hand around that long for a so called life lesson. They could both be divorced by now and building new lives without each other. The only upside was being able to stay close to his girls and not be a part-time dad. Of course the girls seem to be of an age now where they'd get a choice in which parent they wanted to live with.

"With you, or without you, I am going to get my self-respect back"

Yeah, her cheating had everything to do with a lack of self respect or self esteem issues. Cynthia's got it backwards, its the cheated upon spouse that has self esteem and self confidence issues as a result of their spouse cheating on them. This is just Cynthia playing the victim card. Its her husband and her girls that are the true victims of her selfish entitlement.

JackDancerJackDanceralmost 2 years ago

Nice. Finished, but not finished. And incredibly compelling. I think I want to play with this one a little. :)

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Needs to go forward

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I know this story was written 15-years before GeorgeAnderson's 'February Sucks', but it truly dovetails with Anderson's story. For all the writers out there if you feel the need to respond to February Sucks, read Yesterday for guidance.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

5* You posted this a long time ago - but please let me know what happened next. Gil's reaction was unusual but certainly not impossible. You write so well about such "real" people that I care about this family - but I can't see how it can be resolved. Please tell me how it has played out in the 17 or so years since.

(You even have the title "Yesterday Once More".)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like the story but it now seems that I must read Boilerplate Rendering in the future We'll see. LP

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Interesting strategy, but the final goal is unclear. Open endings always suck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FTDS!

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

Interesting, inventive, imo illogical. I didn't like it at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hahaha "life has become complicated, so I'll stop writing here"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A different way to deal with a cheating wife. Certainly not the way I could have done it. Why does he care that it would ruin her paramour family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely hated this, what a loathsome ‘person’ he is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hate this story. There's no payback on Kurt at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very subtle, and time-consuming form of revenge, but the ends do justify the means.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

I had to think about this method of dealing with a cheating spouse. I wonder if it would really work. In order for it to work, I think the cheating spouse would have to really love the offended spouse. Otherwise, I don't think it has a chance of working. The problem I see is it's a two-sided sword. It could make the cheater see the error of their ways, but it could drive the spikes into what's left of both their love. Interesting concept. It reminded me of a story of a dad that found his very young son and his friend puffing on one of his cigar stubs behind the garage, so he took the two and gave them both a new cigar and made them light up. They would puff on them and blow the smoke out and he would tell them that's not the way to really enjoy a good cigar. You need to inhale the smoke deep in your lungs. It may make you cough in the beginning, but you will get used to it. He made them take deep drags, after they stopped coughing, he told them the next one would be easier. They continued for a while until they both began to turn white as the color left their faces. Suddenly one jumped up and ran to the bathroom and began to throw up. The second young man started to laugh until his stomach started to rebel, he too was in the bathroom trying to get to the toilet. After they had thrown up everything, they had eaten for the last 24 hours. The dad gave them some Pepto-Bismol which went down and did a 180 degree U-turn and came right back up. That ended their desire to smoke cigars forever.

Funny, ... I still can't stand the taste of Pepto-Bismol.

5-stars.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 year ago

I guess they go on till the kids go their own way, and then they get divorced.

Their relationship till then would be cordial and celibate ... and painful.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I realize this is a free site and you get what you pay for but it is cruel to start a story and refuse to finish it. If you have no intention of finishing a story don’t start it.

I wish there were negative stars to give.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sorry only 3 stars on this one . I am sure that Kurt will find a new girl to train

NoBullAlNoBullAl7 months ago

I keep posting this and hoping that somehow you will get the message!! IF YOU CAŃ’T FINISH THE DAMN STORY THEN DOŃT POST!!!!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight7 months agoAuthor

NoBullAI, I got your subtle message. You, Sir, are an idiot. If you don't like my stories, simply do not read them. Making the same dumbass comment that I should stop posting and stop forcing you to read my stuff is pathological. Why would the fact that others read and enjoy my stories upset you so much? You seem to want to deprive other readers the pleasure of my stories rather than you just stop reading them. What the fuck is wrong with you? I've had some stupid comments over the years, Yours has raised the "dumb" bar.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Three stars Average. Not s lot of logic, and the cliff hanger was unsatisfying. Not 9nr of your better efforts.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

On second thought, Two stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A refreshing twist on an age-old story. Well done, sir.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ7 months ago

Disappointing non-ending...Very unusual for you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very unsatisfying on multiple levels.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

On mysteries you wonder who done it? In this well written story, you helped, holding facets up for reflections. I liked it. 4 stars!

AmbivalenceAmbivalence5 months ago

"Gil, please think this over before you do anything rash," pleaded Cynthia. "I could lose my job. Kurt could lose his job, and his marriage."

.

"Um, Cynthia...? I notice you don't think *you* can lose your marriage. What makes you think that's not a given at this point...?"

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Needs a follow up story. So what happens and how does it end? Never liked cliffhangers.

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

I do not see any upside for anyone except maybe the kids. Neither adult gets any sex, love or just plain warm feelings out of this relationship. Why put your self through this pain and deprivation to save a broken marriage. Unless you enjoy pain and deprivation. At the very least I would have required that Kurt tell his wife in my presence. He was at least 50% responsible for all of the pain and deprivation.

Ocker53Ocker534 months ago

Just too ridiculous too even be remotely enjoyable ⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thanks for the story!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It just seemed a little too cold, a little too autistic to believe that there wasn't a far more serious problem with that relationship than the wife cheating.

jopstorm1945jopstorm194523 days ago

1/5 for the wife, 4/5 for the husband, 3/5 total

Tor78Tor788 days ago

Husband - cuckold!!!! 1/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories