Yesterday Once More

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh D.D.," the singing star said silently to herself, "I've missed you as well. I wish I could tell you how much."

The blond-haired woman started to retreat back into the hallway, leaving her old friend to her privacy. Then she paused for a heartbeat. In that single tick of the clock, she knew that nothing she had gained in the last twenty years mattered as much to her as the woman laying there in disconsolation.

Pushing the door back open, Kassandra stepped into the room and sat down on the edge of Dorothy's bed. It took a few seconds for the brunette to realize that the face smiling down on her was really there. As she did, the fires that had been building within her abruptly dampened.

"Kassandra?" Dorothy asked as she realized that she wasn't drifting in her dreams anymore. "Is there something wrong?" she asked as she started to get up.

"Nothing's wrong," her old friend said with the warmest of smiles. "In fact, for the first time as far back as I can remember, I think everything is right."

"Kassandra, I don't under..." Dorothy started to say as she sat up, only to have her words cut off as two soft fingers came to rest on her lips.

"No, not Kassandra," came the reply as she removed her fingers to replace them with her own lips. "Cassie."

The press of her lips brought the memories Dorothy had been trying to recall to sudden, vivid life. The dark-haired woman opened her mouth ever so slightly, allowing Cassie's tongue to pass between her lips, gently caressing her own.

"Oh God," Dorothy gasped as she felt tears swell up in her eyes. "Cassie, I love you. I've always loved you."

"Me too, babe," Cassie said as she felt moisture forming at the corners of her eyes as well. "Me too."

They held each other tight as they kissed again and again, their hands roaming over the other's body. The years faded away with each kiss, and suddenly both were teenagers once more.

Cassie and Dorothy stretched out on the bed, their bodies rubbing together. Nimble fingers undid the buttons of the man's pajama tops that Dorothy wore to bed, quickly freeing the large rounded breasts beneath.

Hands no less nimble undid the laces of Cassie's nightgown until that too slid effortlessly off her body. Back in high school, the two friends had been able to wear each other's clothes. A quick comparison of their now nude forms would confirm that they still could.

Soft fingers moved across each of their bodies, reacquainting each of them with the touch of the other. It didn't take much for their bodies to respond as despite a long absence, the touch was oh so familiar.

Wrapping their arms around each other, they pressed almost identical breasts together, the nipples of each erect with excitement. Cassie cupped one of Dorothy's mounds and licked the inviting tip with her tongue. The soft moan from Dorothy was the sweetest music the songstress had heard in a long time.

Although she lacked her friend's experience, Dorothy wasted no time in bringing equal pleasure as they took turns exploring the other's breasts. The taste of her friend's mounds was as sweet as she had remembered them to be, a fact that fueled the fires building within the dark-haired woman.

Breaking their embrace, they pulled themselves a little away from each other, just far enough for them to interlock their legs. As they again closed the distance between them, each remembered how much fun rubbing their pussies together had been in younger days.

Bouncing back and forth on the bed, each of their clits pressed against its counterpart, sending oscillating waves of passion across their now quaking bodies. The stronger each resounding wash became, the more intense their motions that followed.

Breaths grew short and heartbeats raced as their violent gyrations propelled both of them on the path to orgasm. Still it was evident to both that a more direct approach was going to be needed. Not that either of them was about to complain.

Again, Cassie took the initiative as she undid their leglock and pressed Dorothy down on the bed. After a quick kiss on her lips, the blond took hold of each of the brunette's legs and spread them far apart. The small dark patch in the center of the now outstretched legs drew her attention like a magnet and Cassie pressed forward and assaulted it with all of her skill.

"Oh Cassie," Dorothy moaned as she felt the singer's tongue slide deep inside of her.

Words Cassie hardly heard as she twirled her tongue around the excited center of Dorothy's sex. There had been more than a few women in her life since the last time she and Dorothy had shared a bed, but none of them had ever filled her with such a desire to please.

And please she did as the gentle waves of delight that had been washing over Dorothy's body were quickly transformed into a raging storm. A tempest that soon reached a shattering climax.

Dorothy wanted to scream to the heavens in praise of the passions that ripped her body, but the words couldn't be found. She just didn't have the energy to spare. All of the frustrations that over a year of empty nights had built up now faded away, transforming in a single instant into a rainbow of ecstasy.

Normally, after such an eruption of energy, Dorothy would've been totally drained. Yet this time she felt herself fueled by what seemed to be boundless enthusiasm. She quickly changed places with Cassie and began to explore the deep folds of her friend's womanhood. It had been such a long time since she had experienced the joys of another woman, but like so many other things, the memories of it all were flooding her mind.

"Are you sure you remember how to do this?" Cassie joked as she saw a brief moment of hesitation reflected on her host's face.

"You just lay back and enjoy." Dorothy shot back as she lowered her head to within an inch of Cassie's blond curls. "You let me worry about how much I remember."

Less than ten minutes later, Cassie was wondering how she could've ever have doubted her once and now hopefully future lover, even in jest. In the circles she traveled as Kassandra, Cassie had slept with some of the sexiest men and women on four continents. None of them had produced anything like the awesome sensations that now filled her.

Her body rocked under Dorothy's attentions, with an intensity long ago forgotten. Too many of her lovers of either sex had simply been people who wanted to be able to say they'd slept with Kassandra. None of them had been fueled by the unequaled fires that true love could provide.

"Oh baby, I'm going to come!" Cassie cried out in a loud voice, "Give it to me!"

And give it, Dorothy did. An orgasm the likes of which Cassie had long ago forgotten. Or perhaps the memory of which had been not as much forgotten as suppressed. Buried in the knowledge that it might never again be experienced. If that was the case, then this was surely resurrection day because it was as if all the missing pieces of the singer's life suddenly came together.

The question that filled her mind as the two women finally collapsed into each other's arms was simple. Now that she had found what was missing in her life, how did she hold onto it. It was a question that would fill her for every hour of the next day.

Looking around the gym decorated with balloons and paper streamers, Dorothy was taken back for a moment to her own Prom. Some things were identical, but she was sure that her own graduating class wasn't anywhere as excited as the young men and women scattered around her.

Kassandra was already deep into her twelfth song and still the kids were calling for just one more. A request that the world-renown star was only too happy to give in to.

Earlier in the evening, you could've heard the proverbial pin drop when the Principal had stepped up to the microphone to announce that the previously scheduled band had been forced to cancel but that Cassie Kerr had managed to arrange a last minute substitute.

Dorothy would never forget the look of satisfaction on her daughter's face as she walked up to the center of the stage and introduced Kassandra. A look that grew even happier as the Queen of Pop Rock dedicated the very first song to her greatest fan and dearest friend. It would be a long time before anyone made fun of Cassie again.

Now, listening to Kassandra sing, Dorothy let her thoughts drift and did something she normally never let herself do. Think about what might have been.

Deep down, she knew that it could indeed just as well have been her up on that stage. Last night and into the morning, during her lovemaking with the woman she always thought of as simply Cassie, Dorothy had also been reminded of just how good she had been as well.

She thought of what it might've been like, living Cassie's life - to have been the star. Then she thought of her life with Jim and how much she had loved him. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Cassie dancing with her date, Tommy Golden. Cassie was the living embodiment of that love.

Watching her daughter for a few moments more, she finally decided that if not having her was the price she would've paid for success, well then it was just as well that Cassie had the life in the bright spotlights. Dorothy was more than happy with the one she had lived in the warm sunshine.

Dorothy's musings were suddenly interrupted from the stage. The dance was beginning to wrap up and Kassandra was saying something to the audience.

"Before I sing the last song of the evening," Kassandra was saying, "I'd like to share a little secret with you. Long before most of you were born, in fact, back when I wasn't any older than the students here, I was part of a band..."

"I don't think I want to hear this," Dorothy said to herself. "Cassie, what are you doing?"

"... and believe it or not, I wasn't even the best singer in that band." Kassandra went on. "Of course I really didn't like to admit that to too many people." she laughed and most of the crowd laughed with her.

Dorothy was not one of them.

"But as you get older, and you go down the roads that life takes you," she continued, "you sometimes forget the things that were really important to you and always should be. I'm not sure if you really understand what I'm talking about, or even if I'm saying it right."

Dorothy was now slowly making her way through the crowd to the side door.

"Anyway, sometimes you're lucky enough to be reminded of what's really important to you, and you even get a chance to set things right. The singer I just mentioned is here tonight, in fact I think you all know her. I'd like her to come up here and sing this last song with me. It's one we used to do and I'm sure she remembers it. So, D.D., ... Dorothy, would you join me?"

The crowd suddenly parted around Dorothy, who hadn't been able to reach the door. It was immediately obvious to the crowd that Dorothy Kerr was the person Kassandra was talking about. At first there were a few low murmurs, then someone began to clap. Then another and another, until the hall was filled with it and people began to call out her name.

Unable now to leave, Dorothy began to walk toward the stage. It was her intention to thank Kassandra for the acknowledgement but politely decline the honor.

Standing next to the star, Dorothy looked out on the assemblage but only saw one face. Cassie was in the front row, clapping harder than anyone around her. Tears of joy were running down her face.

"Oh what the hell," Dorothy said to herself as Kassandra walked over and handed her a wireless microphone. "You're going to pay for this," the brunette whispered to her friend before pressing the switch that turned on the mike.

Kassandra's response was a broad, knowing smile. The back up band keyed up and Dorothy immediately recognized the melody. It was a song they both knew well as it had been Jim's favorite. He had written it for the two of them.

Dorothy closed her eyes and let the intro echo in her mind. Words she hadn't sang since the last appearance of their band of almost two decades before. Letting herself go back to those days, the former Dorothy D'Angelo began to sing. It was yesterday once more. Silence filled the converted gym as the last note faded. Dorothy abruptly returned to the here and now, hoping that she hadn't embarrassed herself too badly. The lingering silence made her think that she had done just that.

Then the silence shattered as every hand in the room broke into applause, accompanied by loud voices of praise. To her left, Dorothy caught sight of her daughter racing up the steps of the stage and then across it to her. The look of delight on her face eclipsed even than she had wore earlier.

"Who would've ever believed it?" Cassie Kerr said as she wrapped her arms around her mother. "My Mother was a rock star!"

"Not just your Mom," Dorothy said as she returned her daughter's embrace. "Your Dad was pretty good too." she added as she could almost feel Jim's presence next to both of them.

Looking past the child of her lost love, Dorothy caught Kassandra's eyes. The star stepped close and hugged the two of them as well.

"I love you," Dorothy mouthed wordlessly to her friend and lover.

"I love you too," Kassandra mouthed back. "Now and forever."

As she held both Cassie's in her arms, Dorothy knew it wasn't just yesterday once more. It was the promise of tomorrow as well.

END

12