All Comments on 'You and Me Against the World'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
abboncabboncabout 10 years ago
I always know...

..that when I see that you have posted another story, I am about to be entertained, and anything else that I had planned will have to wait until I've finished reading.

Another 5 stars from me! And it looks like I'm the first to read this one, let's hope you get lots more 5 votes!

Nick

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellent read

5 stars for an original concept! I appreciate your characters are not young and perfect, but rather real people like me and my wife. Good use of sex, but not overly graphic, allowing our imaginations to do the work.

A good bit of the story didn't click with me, but that is NOT a criticism! It is simply coming from an American background I had to fuddle my way through some of the situations, but that is the result of my ignorance, you of your writing. I need to learn more of the British ways of life, and this was an excellent vehicle to introduce me to some factors. Thank you!

redlion75redlion75about 10 years ago

wouldnt mind a follow up to see how the new goes plus if she can sneak a baby in on him.

jpr9954jpr9954about 10 years ago

This was a very good story except you continually switched Judith's last name between Chapman and Cameron. So which is it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
ditto

Seeing you had posted, I had to delay a trip just to finish it. Interesting background and characters, all the more so for their imperfections. Who among us ....

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WORLD BEATERS BEWARE

although the whole is much stronger that the one, but links are made to be broken and technology makes for change, TK U MLJ LV NV

gulshannraygulshannrayabout 10 years ago
YOU AND ME AGAINST THE WORLD.

VERY NICE STORY AND NICELY NARRATED. REALLY ENJOYED A LOT THE WAY THE STORY HAS BEEN NARRATED. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN CATEGORIZED AS AND POSTED IN NON EROTIC SECTION.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great read

loved this story

needs another chapter. they get marry

there company does great and they get an award

at which his ex is there and gets her nose rubbed in it

for her bullshit and maybe even get to his kids again

just my thoughts

mick1953mick1953about 10 years ago
Great Job

As the other comments note, you are a more than competent author This story does a nice job of presenting every middle-aged man's fantasy. I do hope that you continue this tale!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
2 Old Phaartts WIN !

What a great story. Well written, Believable. Enjoyable. Classy... Nuff-said. Congratulations,

avidreader123avidreader123about 10 years ago
Good

I would have liked a confrontation with his bitch of an ex-wife and his crappy kids, but I liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
You may now give up your day job!

I came here looking for a titillating tale before going to sleep. I didn't get that. What I have just had the pleasure of reading is a well crafted and presented story, with worldly real life characters that I feel I have met. Frankly, if you can consistently write like this you need to follow your character's footsteps and get yourself a publisher.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
CM rides again!

Fine work as always. The characters are very vivid! The story touches on all of us old farts...

john1946john1946about 10 years ago
Oh yes

more of your excelent work. A great tale that many of us can relate to....Thank you for a fun read.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 10 years ago
Nice story

Well put together, I liked it. Having worked for over 40 years in the construction industry I could sympathise with his problems and frustrations.

northlandernorthlanderabout 10 years ago
Brilliant Story

A brilliant story illustrating the fact that pretty often those old farts that have been with the company for years know their stuff in ways that the younger generations don't grasp.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Another Great One*****

Thanks for sharing.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
Sinfully Sly Syntax

"...I have had experience with ceding control to a woman, and it was a bitter experience that I had no great desire for a repetition of, and I know that last sentence was not grammatically, but in correct, but in my confusion I didn't give a shit about syntax...."

Cro, your clever writing style just keeps blowing me away!

As for those grimmer nasties who complain about constructive manipulation of language. Be forced to attend any seminar, conference, social function, forum, reception, soiree, or symposium staged by the English Department of any Institution of "Higher" Education.

And you will discover the reason it's called "Higher", 

 Is that the attendees, both with and without tenure, are divisible into three groupings.

 Drunks, Potheads and Senile Drunken Potheads.



HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
A delicious leftover

I just finished my third reading of this story, and I can't find words to express my thanks for writing it and sharing it with us. Having been in that same position of being dusted off with the furniture by two employers, I was enthralled with the way your two rebels made a successful escape and rubbed the establishment's nose in it. Would that I could have done so well.

Even more than an account of a couple of talented people jumping ship and ending up in a paradise, this story documents what is wrong with the business world today. Established companies are losing sight of what made them successful, and bringing in management people and hotshot greenhorns who don't know beans about the business. Companies are shriveling as a result, and loyal employees are being tossed onto the street. It's tragic for the shareholders, the employees, and the nation as our economy struggles to recover. You have written an endearing story that exposes an "inconvenient truth" that everybody should understand and be up in arms about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
right up there with the few and far between best of best tales.

5 stars

auhunter04auhunter04almost 9 years ago

Class, well and truly class

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
AN OLD TIME STORY WITH A PUNCH LINE

I guy getting all the pussy while another guy foots the bill. TK U MLJ LV NV

extemporeextemporealmost 9 years ago
Too Fast!

Everything tumbles out at breakneck speed, too much so. But it's still a damn good

story.

jackh1962jackh1962over 8 years ago
Too fast?

It is amazing how so many readers react to the length and pace of the stories submitted here.Some feel they are rushed and move too fast,then others think that if it is more than 1 or 2 pages long that it is too long for their attention span to handle. I personally like the long, even multi chapter stories as well as the short ones.But no matter how someone writes there will be someone who doesn't like how it was done.Because of having to write in a small, limited amount of pages it will always have to move fast.If you were to write in a realistic amount of time you'd be looking at a 1000 page book.So everything has to be compressed. And there are some multi chapter stories on here the are into hundreds of pages too.Try and remember too, that this is not real world,but a world that exist only in the writer's mind.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
Part of it happens very quickly, the rest...

The relationship between Judith and Richard progresses at breakneck speed, but only after she had spent quite some time thinking about it, and it's clear that Richard's customers and his old boss Henry Hallston had set up his path to forming his own business a long time ago and had been wondering when he would see the obvious and get on with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Names

In most instances, Judith's surname is Cameron. In some places it is Chapman. Please be consistent, Overall, a very good story,

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
another brilliant story

despite the name change is was well written with a lot of interest and the fact that two older people got together in love and a successful business....

rayironrayironover 7 years ago
just excellent

A literotica story with satisfying character development , dramatic content, verisimilitude, and real, believable characters!

Oh, and no incredulity inspiring 10" cocks or DDD tits.

Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Damned Good

Hooray, a story which features 'normal' people, not mega-boobs and a horse-like cock. It moved along at a brisk rate and it has a very satisfying end.

Thank You

HP

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Nice story

This is what it is in this story. A romance about normal people, who have a normal job (that is, shit work), who fall in love and putting their effort together, succeed. It is greatly appreciated that one has not used the typical stereotype of supermegabarbie and superman.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
If the World Only Worked This Way

Non-compete clauses abound in all sorts of contracts in techonology. It is usually not so easy to get out of them as it was for our hero. But, once again, I must say that Literotica is meant for fantasy, whether it is sexual or social or business, so why not? It was indeed a fun story and worthy of 5*.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
I thought it was a nice little tale...

And I gave it Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice story. Stick it to the board of directors for non appreciation

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Great story. Love it. AAAAA+++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A great amusing and entertaining story. Well written.

A few years ago two of us left a business that we were sub contractors to and started our own business. We were told in court by the judge that the rights of a man to provide for his family far outweigh any non compete clause in a business contract.

He stated that in general a non compete clause is not enforceable and not worth the paper it was written on.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One of your most enjoyable stories.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

good story, thanks.

Ranger001Ranger0014 months ago

This is one of my "It's- time- to- read- it- again" preferences. And each time I read it, it improves!

stewartbstewartb4 months ago

I wasn't sure I'd like this story after the first couple of paragraphs ... but it began to appeal to me as I continued. I really appreciate the characters ins and outs as the relationship progressed. Well worth reading !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories

Sales Team 
4.83
3.8k
860
Goin' Fishin' 
4.81
2.3k
588
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
786
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
926
The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
638
More Stories