All Comments on 'You Break It, You Bought It.'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 151 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like the scumbag said, she wasn't forced.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
Michelle's Cheating

And her reasons especially after saying that Clay was an asshole in school reminds me of a Jay Leno question on the Tonight Show some years back. Hugh Grant was the guest having just started showing his face again after getting caught by the police getting a blowjob in a car from an ugly hooker, losing Elizabeth Hurley in the process. Jays' question was simply "What were you thinking?". Not much he could say that would mean anything of value, pretty much the same boat Michelle put herself in. At least Elizabeth and Hugh are still friends the last I knew, can't say that for the other two. She'll find someone pretty soon in Atlanta with her looks, just wondering how many and how many dates it will take.

The engagement announcement in the paper and the stunt getting Clay into his motel room for a quick 'conversation' was both unique and clever which is something to savor in a LW story. *****'s. Signed: BTW

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 2 years ago

Depressing end, would have loved to see Adam move on and find happiness.

Ending it with him getting more success in his job is such an empty and irrelevant point to stop on.

Danger09Danger09over 2 years ago

I don't understand why people don't think about all they would lose when they cheat? My husband's love, trust and respect for me is very important. My kids growing up in the same household with both parents is important. The plans we made for our future is important. Our family is important. So many things to lose over someone/something that means jack shit!. I didn't feel bad for Michelle or clay. How can you love your spouse and make plans to cheat and go through with it? This is why I don't flirt with people, married people shouldn't be flirting with anyone. It gives the impression that you're available and your marriage isn't important. Flirting is just opening up pandoras box, once open it can not close. You just have to prepare yourself for the shit storm that's sure to come. The best part of my day is watching my 21 month old following her daddy all over the house. It would break my heart to lose my family. What Michelle should've done was immediately report clay for sexual harassment and tell her husband what is going on. I don't understand these braindead women always wanting to fuck old high school crush or boyfriend's. These are grown women but still living in the past, still thinking they're in high school. There is no ex or crush that's worth losing my family for. I'd kill anyone who threatened to destroy my family. 2 seconds of pleasure is not worth the lifetime of regret. I love my husband, love our family, love our life, I would could've off my clit before I desecrate our marriage. We'll be celebrating 20yrs together next year. Why would I throw that away for someone who isn't worth the toilet paper to wipe the shit off my husbands shoes? The stupidity of these slut wives. I can't stand when they start crying, they should've thought about the tears they and their hurt spouse will shed before they stray. Fuck your tears .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cut off your nose to spite your face. That's what real men do.

A clever and well written story with another hard arsed prig of an husband and a foolish wife who's better off without him.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love commenters like the previous one who proudly proclaim how little self respect they have thay'd take backa cheating hoe with ease. Put your money where your mouth is cuck, point us to your wife so you can forgive her

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was married for 40 years before my wife passed from Ovarian Cancer. Despite my feelings I met another woman 23 years younger than me with 3 kids to go with my 3 girls. My wife has MS. Covid has wrecked our social life and our kids going to college has evaporated any disposable cash. All this setup is to explain that neither my wife's or myself would consider cheating, even though I had opportunities working in the high end restaurant and bar business. Both wives worked before illness, and neither even flirted. I will never understand the comments attacking Adam. His wife CHEATED. She lied. She broke her contract, make no mistake there is a witnessed marriage contract. Those comments just prove the decay of my country and points out how a charlatan con artist liar could hold half the country in thrall collecting each drop of corrupt spittle spewed from his deceitful lips. Those comments and Adam's wife (can't even type her name) are dynamic examples of the downfall of women, who if you didnt know, cheat in 67% or so of divorces blamed on infidelity. Yeah, you've come a long way Karen.

Poppi123Poppi123over 2 years ago

A good, but not great story. I thought the pages devoted to the seduction were mostly realistic. People of both genders sometimes lose themselves in the excitement of an illicit encounter and minimize or forget all about the risks. The revenge pages were much less realistic. The same motel (out of 200) and being outside the office when the predator checks in (long odds) make this encounter seem very unlikely. That the husband is a boxing champion also seems unlikely. This whole section seemed contrived. Still over all, it held my attention. -4-

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They both broke their marriages now they both pay. Ain't love/lust grand? LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The whore Michelle was arrogant to the end....she deserved worse!!!

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 2 years ago

Entertaining story with the appropriate ending.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

3rd time through and for even with its few shortcomings I truly do enjoy this one.

To my darling anon below this..."Those comments and Adam's wife (can't even type her name) are dynamic examples of the downfall of women, who if you didnt know, cheat in 67% or so of divorces blamed on infidelity" Is NOT a dynamic example of the downfall of women...it is a story created in someones head that isnt necessarily indicative of women as a whole. Secondly, men still lead in cheating, its hasnt tipped beyond the 50/50 point yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting how different readers will see the same words and note totally different points. For me the biggest hurdle was seeing an intelligent professional woman who loved her husband suddenly become a teenage idiot wanting the bad boy from her dating days. The only comment I would add is that some things are so precious that if they are broken there is no amount of skill that can ever repair the damage. (:~)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written if tragic story.

The woman literally lost her mind to her adolescent lust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hmmm... I liked it, but it was mostly an exercise in padding. The story was straightforward, it didn't need all that minutia.

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Infidelity is sad ugly stuff. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

It's sad when you see a smart woman act so stupidly. As the story goes along she admits that she knows what Clay is doing. She sees each step along the way and recognizes it for what it is. As she makes the decision to cheat she has the thought that because of her & Adam's schedule there would never be an opportunity for it to happen so that's why she allowed the seduction to proceed.

She literally bet the future of her marriage on the fact that she didn't think an opportunity to cheat would present itself and then when confronted with the manufactured opportunity she didn't have the moral strength to say a two letter word out loud.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"I didn't force you, you know. You can't say I forced you." - No, but you seduced her, even when you knew she was married and was TRYING to resist you.

\

@argeelog, no need for politics; I'm a Bernie Bros and think she got what she deserved.

\

I agree with Anonymous, that a high school romance, rather than a crush, coupled with "nobody liked him," or was that part a lie, would have given some weight to the seduction.

\

@Danger09, there's flirting, and there's FLIRTING. The first is just innocent teasing, and if it got a serious response the flirter would back off. The second is serious business, casting the bait in the water, seeing if it gets any nibbles.

\

I like this story, but a one night drunken fling might have made more sense, though how we'd have the rest of the story is problematic. I know she had a crush, but he WAS an asshole, she HATED tha he was Terry's campaign manager, so it DID take some suspension of disbelief that a woman SO in love with her husband would allow herself to be sucked into Clay's seduction.

\

"A smiling Michelle stepped out first." - She was pretty happy until she got caught!

\

"she replied in a snotty voice" - That's exactly why they can't get back together, anything remotely suspicious will set off his Spidey Senses, and she'll just get pissed off at him. Sooner or later, if he didn't walk back out, SHE would!

\

He's pretty generous wit the rent, he'll pay for two months on top of his own rent, and will let her keep the security deposit? I'd want that as partial payback for what I has paid. Also, many leases have the last months rent already paid, so she'd only have to pay one month's rent, then get it back with the security deposit. Sweet deal, four months rent-free!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like the author's work. Writing style is methodical yet entertaining. Characters are usually quite fleshed out. But in this case Michelle's motive to cheat was simply not remotely in character. Yeah she had a crush on the guy in high school but she hated his guts. It really made no sense. Seemed more like the rest of the story was framed first and then her infidelity rationale was put inside the framework.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with Tilan. The author writes really good stories...until it's time to write the ending. Several of the author's stories have that flaw

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

Poor ending spoiled what had been a good story 3*

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

I would’ve liked to read about them attending counseling, just to further excoriate the cheater, and to let the readers experience her feeling the love she lost, and the harm she caused, even more deeply. Good story, 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tragic story. When your hormones give you a terminal states of the delusional stupid results such as this are the consequence.

"I'm sorry" has the same healing impact as those words spoken to a family member whose loved one you accidently shot.

The other half, "I didn't mean to hurt them" is meaningless too.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

The ending/epilogue was too rushed and not well done compared to the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story, but the ending seemed anticlimactic

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

This story was just as entertaining as all your others. Some people like to pass judgement on all your posts. Which is fine to a point. But Not when they wish to tare them apart like their some kind of expert

.If they were, why aren't they posting stories here . After all this site IS FREE for people to read, around the clock .. Laptopwriter. I'm an old retired truck driver and I sure hope you continue to entertain us " old" folks, and others with your GREAT stories... By the way... ThAnK yOu for your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just as good the second time around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A well constructed story.

I really liked the husband's novel method of revenge. Very good. Very simple, but amazingly effective. Just sow the seeds of discontent and let human nature take its course.

It is good to read reasonably well explained process of how a happily married who is still very much in love with her husband transforms and becomes a delusional deceitful pleasure seeking whore. So many LW stories seem to skip that process, the thoughts and feelings that slowly build up and enable the woman to change from normal housewife into the outhouse door banging away in a nor wester. No explanations, no reason just a sudden unheralded 180 turn about. So thank you for the time and effort to at least add some depth to these characters .

Re bacchant2's comment about husbands failing to act on signs.

Much and all as I never liked the guy, well to be honest I never actually met him, but I sure agree with Ronald Reagan's often quoted line "Trust but verify."

No loving husband wants to falsely accuse his wife of adultery. So before you take irreversible action, you really do need verification.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars - why don't we just abolish marriage, and switch to pre-nupt contracts and/or common-law marriage?

It would certainly put the screws to both the legal profession and the courts.

Hell, I can just imagine cutting the need for lawyers and judges by 50% - wouldn't that be POETIC JUSTICE?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

This is a sadly believable story well told. People can talk themselves into remarkable bad decisions they deeply regret later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sadly, pathetically....on point. Consequences...truth...respect...far more telling in a relationship than professions of love.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

This IS YOUR DAY JOB .. RIGHT??!!

DONT QUIT.... NOPE... YOU CAN RETIRE AT 10-20 YEARS MAYBE.... 😂🤣😉👌👍keep up the Good Work

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Ok story, but sad

someoneothersomeoneother12 months ago

Typical story from Laptopwriter--well-written and generally realistic, and, at the end, everyone loses.

As a credit to the author, I did have some sympathy for the wife who seems to have been born-again from the experience. However, I was not satisfied with what I saw as a real lack of reason for the cheating The wife was getting "tingles"" -- why? She seemed to be, and professed to be, too smart for cheap seduction, but then lets herself be seduced.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

MAYBE if it had been a one time slip, like they went to Peoria, the event was cancelled, they got a little drunk, etc., etc. But this was a weeks' long seduction, that she KNEW what Clay was doing, and didn't shut him down, then the well-planned (well, almost!) tryst, It's sad because Adam loses the love of his life, and while WE might know that it would never happen again, he can't take that chance.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Not realistic. The main character is way too sympathetic and generous after the fact. Unless the author is intentionally trying to make him weak. Seems like a lot of these authors are. Maybe just written by another woman trying to push the agenda that it should be okay for these stupid self-absorbed female dogs to run around loose and then expect everything to be okay afterwards.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler11 months ago

Upstanding story. This was among the best stories I’ve read on this site. Can’t thank you enough. Five stars plus.

NickTeeNickTee9 months ago

Loved it but would have preferred a bit more pain for Cheating Michelle

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Great read. Thanks for your writing.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher9 months ago
A very depressing

And boring story. Very uninspiring plot and characters.

Not up to your normal standards.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Very well done. Probably my favorite Femdom agitprop story of yours.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ironic. Despite the foreshadowing and high school crush the cheating pair could not avoid the sexual collusion and collision as if 'kismet'. Poor Adam, despite the uncomfortable intuition could not be proactive because of love and faith.

The rest is 'His'story.

dgfergiedgfergie7 months ago

I had read this story about 3 years ago and gave it 5 stars then. But after reading these stories since then I would drop my rating to 4. The fact I did not remember the story at all is telling, but then again I'm a bit depressed dwelling on the loss of two daughters' because of a LW story of my own that happened some 40 years ago. Yes, traumatic events like cheating wives and divorce are never forgotten. All the stories published here in the LW category claim to be fiction, but after you have lived as many years as I have many mirror, at least in part, real life stories. Read on and enjoy, but if you’re married make sure to follow the one true axiom about marriage: "Happy wife, happy life."

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Very

Once Clay was mentioned ,it was obvious what was going to happen

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

i;m not excusing or condoning cheating by either spouse ,BUT, the vow for better or for worse ?? the worse part could cover that ,IF the spouse could forgive the cheater .

SeaChangerSeaChanger5 months ago

Excellent final story. Thank You and please keep writing.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

It was an ok story. I felt like Adam was way too remorseless over the loss of his marriage. I know that you tried to foreshadow it with the antique shop story, but it didn't ring true when faced how he treated his wife before her betrayal. It's just... even the most hard ass of us (and I include myself in that category) don't act like this. It would have been more realistic if say, he was uncertain about reconciling, or even tried but couldn't move past it. The certainty that he had from the get go - it was too much for a human being that isn't frankly suffering under some sort of mental illness.

sjmbsrfsjmbsrf3 months ago

Well written, a very believable plotline where an infatuated and somewhat naive young wife forgets about the real world and a real husband and tries to recapture the excitement of her youth, at the expense of her marriage. The characters and dialogue were all very well crafted and the whole story came together very well with a sad but credible conclusion.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver2 months ago

I am a huge fan but after just reading "Why Can't I Be Loved", this story was an enormous letdown.

I am not a diehard BTB or RAAC person, but this story had so many opportunities for a much different ending.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 2 months ago

If you break it you pay for it, not true. Sure stores can post signs, but the law in most states state the store displays product at their own risk. So if you ever do break something that was displayed in any store accidently, you are not liable. They may try to convince you you have to pay, but you don't.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah2 days ago

This was an enjoyable read for me. The incremental seduction was rife with anticipation and tension created by the discovery/confrontation was bowstring tight; two of my favorite elements in a LW story. Clay’s fall from apex predator to alcoholic drone was appreciated. Michelle’s apparent canny and level-headed character was difficult to reconcile with her sudden lack of propriety.

My pappy told me that a stiff prick has no conscience. I guess a throbbing lady-boner has none either. Once the fog of lust cleared, I thought perhaps forgiveness would be possible, but that was not to be. Michelle willingly stepped into that tar pit. She deserved a saber-toothed cat on her neck.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous