All Comments on 'You Can't Do That'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 300 Comments (Page 2)
OLDEDOLDEDover 11 years ago
Just what does this story prove?

A brother will always look after a sister or sisters

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
So far, this is the best!

In my opinion this is my favorite "Loving Wives" story that I have read yet. The reason is simple, it is realistic but has a happy ending. "Familiarity breeds contempt" is an unfortunate part of human nature. This condition is of course true of most marriages. We all need to be grateful for what we have especially when that is a spouse that is "doing their job". I have found that I have a strange urge to read these "Loving Wives" stories. I am most interested in the nonsexual aspects of the relationships. I have found out how important loyalty is to me and how abhorrent betrayal is to me.

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
Found this after a comment.

Thought I was going to hate it for the first couple of paragraphs - should have known better!

Neat, well-written story with a lot of good humour and high quality dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
that is what brothers are for

brothers, they are pain when they are little, but they are sure great when they become men. The kind of men that make great dads and wonderful husbands!!!

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
The flurry of comments got me to re-read this on my break....

great story, of course. A little cartoonish, but I think that was the idea. Cute, funny, and the point was made.

QUOTE:

"That really isn't any of your fucking business!" yelled Sue. "You can bet your ass that you won't be the man I choose, so just butt out!"

Considering he is her brother, I should hope to hell not!

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
So much in so few words

I loved this story!

mat1014mat1014over 11 years ago
Laughed my tail off... LOVED that surprise ending!!

Bill is not only a good brother, he is a GREAT friend. Thanks for fun read.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 11 years ago
Just found this Gem.

Great Story. Thank You.

brujaybrujayover 11 years ago
Funny

Great read. Thank you.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
A Hilarious Rant-alizing' Tator Tot of a HarddaysknightTale

Because you can't stop at just one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
hope the husband doesnt find out

seriously if i found out my wife went that far and had to be coerced into changing her mind i would still divorce her.

Once they have taken that first step and went about finding a way to do it the respect and love is lost.

SpudnickSpudnickover 11 years ago
Wtf great story

I had a total wtf moment there at the end. After i recovered I spent the mex five min trying to stop laughing. Wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
That was an amazing story ! ! !

bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good Work

I have to say I have enjoyed most, if not all of your stories here. I particularly like this one, as your ability to inject humor into tragedy is a skill, fully on display here. I like that you leave the reader with something to think about. Personally, I read some of these "cuckholding" genre stories out of morbid curiosity. I feel it is the same thing as slowing down on the interstate to stare at an accident, curious to see if there was a traffic fatality or not. This particular story is so refreshing compared to many of the soap opera dramas so rampantly contained here in the "loving wives" category. Additionally, I love your use of Beatles references throughout your titles. This note is to say I enjoyed this, and you as a contributor to this site. Well Done!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Happy happy happy

But, lets here more about that lonely widow ???

imhaplessimhaplessabout 11 years ago
Nice

Cute, nice, with a little twist at the end. Good entertainment is what it is, and that's what stories should be about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Chapter 2 ?

So when does Jerry find out about Karen and put the slut to the curb ?

Threatening to cheat is the same as doing it.

BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 11 years ago
Every Time

I like it every time I read it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Classic HDK

this is one I like reading again and again :)

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Great story

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Every wife should have a brother like Bill. I don't suppose you have Karen's phone number do you?:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"Threatening to cheat is the same as doing it"

Summarizes the low level of intellect these closet cucks are living with, thank god for mental institutions and outreach programs so cansellyou, betrayed, and the rest of the cuck brigade don't hurt themselves.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
So damned funny.

I loved it when Mary and Karen poured gasoline on the silly bitch wife. Either Jerry should be getting a lot more sex from his wife or he should be flirting with Karen. I especially liked the twist at the end, when it turned out that big brother was lecturing his little sister and setting her right. Great story!

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Wow!! Like dynamite or C4 small, short and powerful.

This was a direct hit to the heart of the situation. When you play outside your relationship/marriage for the first time there are many variables as this story outlines just a few. Some people can easily deal with it but most can't/won't. I guess the moral of the story is think before you leap. Nicely written!

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
stupidity, thy name is anonymous

Professor S. I. Hayakawa must be rotating in his grave like a water turbine at the ignorance of people who say things such as: "Threatening to cheat is the same as doing it" as they lack the capacity, heck, the competency for semantic definition.

So that map I drew on a napkin, with a crayon, is the same thing as the actual property it roughly describes?

If i write a fairy tale does that make me a fairy?

If I write a story about a ferryboat does that make me a ferryboat?

if I write a story about Republicans, does that make me a Republican?

if i write a story about honest and competent Republicans would that make me a satirist or a fabulist?

Come to think of it, that would qualify as a fairy tale!

How did FinalStand put it “Standing in a Church does not make you a Good Christian, anymore than standing in a garage makes you an automobile.”

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 HE AINT HEAVY

that's my brother. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I'm going to fuck someone else, you can like it or get out..... why in stories like this or any story or hell even real life, why isn't throwing the bitch through a window three stories off the ground an acceptable response? I'd say its perfectly justified.

1/5

ValerionValerionover 10 years ago
Unforgivable sins...

There are some actions you can commit against your partner that are unforgivable...this is an example of one of them. I'm sorry...I would never have forgiven it. It's pretty obvious that she didn't love her husband to begin with. When you love someone, the very thought of hurting them causes you pain. No wife could do this to to their husband and honestly feel any love for someone other than themselves, much less their husband. Hope he would divorce her slutty ass and marry Karen.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Wifey could have become a cheating skank. However the threat of her husband enjoying some strange brought back her sanity. It's a shame no one ever talked to me. Oh well.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Wow. With friends like these who needs enemies

While the story is entertaining, I have serious doubts about these "friends". If i were Jerry, I would be looking for a new wife and a new set of friends. When a friend is going through a crisis, abandoning him to teach him a lesson is not the way to help. Neither is saying that the moment your "friend" makes a mistake in her marriage that you are chomping at the bit to seduce her husband. In real life, people commit suicide during situations like this. Then what would these "friends" think about their help? I would have to find another way to open my friends eyes than belittling him and abandoning him if he were making a wrong decision. Self-righteous people are a personal irritant to me. That is probably why I had trouble fully enjoying this story. I gave it a three for the good writing though.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
I think Bill was blowing a lot of smoke into Sue's ear

His intention was always to get Sue to realize how stupid her desire to cheat was before she actually did it.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
To the Anon

That asked "why isn`t throwing her through a window 3 stories off the ground an acceptable solution?"

Simple answer;

3 stories is survivable.

Get higher!

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Say Goodbye!

Once she says that she is going to cheat and take a lover and he has to accept it or get out, the marriage is over. What kind of love can that woman have for her husband to say something like that? Where is the respect and loyalty? Even when she changed her mind it would be too late to save this sorry excuse for a marriage. You can't have a marriage when only one person wants to be faithful. And chances are real good that she will cheat in the future only she won't tell anybody.

His friends actually did him a huge favor by not accepting this behavior of him becoming a cuckold. I try to be as accepting of others as possible but I would not want a willing cuckold as a friend.

Am I being closed-minded? Maybe, but it is how I feel and believe-it is my opinion.

Thank You for a real thought-provoking story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE TITLE

we all know you are not supposed to, TK U MLJ LV NV

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
After reading some of the comments here I have a question.

Okay, show of hands. How many commenters have English as their primary language? Okay, how many can read English?

The story was totally tongue in cheek. I think she ruined the marriage with just the ultimatum, but the way her brother handled the situation was priceless. He knew his sister enough to know that just trying to talk to her would be met with the arrogance and shitty attitude that he did get. So go in from the side door, back off the frontal assault.

Well done.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
what a hoot

great use of over the top exaggeration to make your point. direct frontal attack as humour.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Common Theme

So many "Loving Wives" who think somehow that they should be able to get some strange don't stop to think how they would react if their husbands demanded the same privilege.

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Sue killed the marriage...

and should suffer the consequences. She only dropped her self-centered scheme out of fear losing something herself. She doesn't give a shit about Jerry and never has as far as I can tell.

Jerry needs to show her the door, yesterday and let her earn a living giving BJ's at the bus terminal. If he does, Jerry will not have lost anything and Sue will have made the career move that she so deserves.

I don't like any of the characters including Bill and Mary. But the writing is pretty good. The dialogue is interesting and moves the story along and real people could say the words.

So 1* for the characters and for Sue (who would also benefit from a good case of the clap) and 3* more because it is a well written tale.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Loved The Ending!

That it was her own brother ripping her a new asshole was an unexpected delight!

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Once again!!

A unique take on the LW story & a surprise at the end.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
On second thought.

You'd make a pretty good lawyer.

Can I hire you if I ever have marital problems? :o)

gara5289gara5289over 9 years ago

So few stories focus on what happens before or preventing it (on either side). Great idea, great story and great twist at the end.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 9 years ago
There aren't many stories I read more than once on this site, but...

I think I must have read this one 4 or 5 times and I enjoy it every time. HDK has put so much of a troubled marriage in one page. He said it all with one simple phone call. Brilliantly done.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
I CAN DO ALMOST ANYTHING BUT

I cant allow that. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Excellent!

I know I've read it before because I again zeroed in on the first phone conversation when Sue told her BROTHER he wouldn't be the lover who would get strange from her. Now, that was strange. But, as a college acquaintance once told me, incest is better than no cest at all.

gara5289gara5289almost 9 years ago
Still hilarious

Second or third time i've read this and Mary is still hilarious. Nice ending as well and a great description of how marriages can go stale by the husband.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
Brilliant!

This should be in the counseling How To guide

from both points of view.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wouldn't it be fun if

Jerry came home and told Sue that he had decided that if she wanted to play then so could he. And that he would be seeing Karen Jenkins to sample a little strange of his own. Also If the delectable Karen was as good as she sounded, then it might just be the right time to swap Sue in for the upgraded model.

And if Sue couldn't handle it to shut the door on her way out!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

thanks for the great read i would like to think i would have done the same thing but lets just face it i wouldnt have tought of it :(

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“No friend would deliberately hurt a friend's feelings." – And no wife who loves her husband tells him he has to accept her taking a lover!

"You he-men are afraid to let your wives try some strange cock!" – And I suppose your willing to let your husband try some strange pussy?

And I also love that it was her brother reaming her out!

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
Keep the house or get a great bachelor condo/apartment ?

Simple decision. Sue destroyed any trust or love between the marriage partners when she levied the demand of Jerry accepting Cuckold status to remain in the marriage. Point-Set-Match. Done. Finis. OVER!

I'm sure the willing cucks and waded pantie wimps will decry such a simple concept as fidelity but some of us take it very seriously.

Morgan DeWolfe

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
DAMN

good read....well put together with a different perspective....please keep writing george

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Great One!

A great story and very amusing. Even though she may have learned her lesson I am not comfortable with her original ultimatum, or what lead her to state her adulterous intentions in the first place. 20 years is a long time, a long time for things to turn shitty. For her to even contemplate cheating, let alone telling her husband she was going to cheat - shows absolutely no love for him at all. To have to be taught how painful it is by Karen at this late stage tells me something is wrong. Wrong with her intellect, her emotional stability, her marriage, her sense of personal honor - something is seriously wrong. If her own brother is supporting his brother in law in this situation, that tells me it is on her. If that is the case, who needs to be married to her? She is fucked up beyond all reason.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

"So you think I'm being unreasonable by wanting Jerry to accept me finding a considerate lover that will romance me and treat me like a lady?" – Yes! Just like Jerry would be unreasonable to want you to accept HIM finding a lover that will do all the things that you re either too tired to do or find disgusting.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Read It Again

Upon further thought, possible Sue will now cheat on her husband without anyone's knowledge. Since everyone knows, she would have to go undercover to accomplish this.

Just a thought. It might lead to a decent sequel.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Another read and I still think that it is funny as hell.

As for the comments, yeah I agree, she has already tainted and probably ruined the marriage but unless she has been slowly working up to someone in particular with dates and other inappropriate behavior she hasn't "cheated" on her husband. What she has done though is show him and everyone else that she doesn't respect him and that she doesn't appreciate what he has been doing in their marriage. This lack of respect will kill whatever confidence he has in himself and in his marriage and even in her. It is extremely hard to go off to work every day if you have to worry about what your wife is doing when you aren't there. Of course in this case he doesn't have to worry, he will know. I think that Jerry and the widow would have an absolutely wonderful life together, and if Jerry and Sue have been married for 20 years, chances are the kids are grown, so it will just be Jerry and the "new" wife, who sounds like a babe for sure. And I wouldn't be surprised if they took dance lessons together after their honeymoon. Hope Sue has a good job, and good health insurance, VD can get expensive to cure if it's the "good" kind.

HDK, I think that this is not only your best story, but maybe one of the very best on this site. Thanks.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 8 years ago
Great story, great ending

Congrats. What can I say? Another five out of five. Clever plot, great last sentence, and funny. Terrific dialogue. I haven't read HDK stories back to back before and I am reading a few now. If they are all this good my praising comments will probably get boring.

Along with all the fun there is a very serious, accurate description of marriage right in the middle. It's a win/win.

Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the re-reading closet cucks

Almost as funny as the story - poor little cuckies sooo serious!

One of HDK's funniest, 5* of course, and FU to the wannabe cucks.

fisheronefisheroneabout 8 years ago
Love wins

I am glad that a brother and sister in laws love was willing to step up to the plate.

They went out of comfort zone to get point across to Sue. But in the end both marriages came out stronger.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
good fun

Good fun but a relationship lesson also ....... well written, points made and clearly stated with just the right touch of humour.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5 stars.

I don't usually give a 5 for a short story but this one was quite good!

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

that is a great brother any man/woman should have a brother ore sister like that!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
accept it, or get out

Accept her having a lover on the side or leave.

Emotional extortion, perfectly acceptable behavior in a marriage?

Some of the comments here saying that not considering that acceptable is being a cuckold?

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
THATS WHAT BIG BROTHERS DO FOR THEIR SISTERS

Fucken tastic story! Thanks for sharing this with us! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
Funny,and True!

Found myself smiling from beginning to end!

Funny depiction of the balances/trade-offs between being married as opposed to an affair/cheating.

Loved the ending!

BIG 5+ for this gem!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
VERY GOOD

I was wondering why the dialog was so intimate and held in the first part of the story. Only between siblings. I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. It's good to seem a potential idiot take stock of thier twisted thinking and save themselves.

And it's great to see people who care about the idiot really get involved in helping them save their relationship

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Loved It!

Especially the trick at the end! Bravo!

kdcee79kdcee79about 7 years ago
The best

Very well done , short & to the point. Novel way of getting the possible cheater back on track. 5 *****

EzrollinEzrollinabout 7 years ago
Thumbs up!

Entertaining and humorous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved It!

Short and sweet,it was pointed and funny in the way Sue's friends got her head screwed on straight about her intentions.

Everybody should have folks like Bill and Mary in their lives!

~ 5 ~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* because cuck-boy didnt divorce the whore

she will continue her road and plans for bulls to inseminate her . she just wont be as vocal next time .

i hope she gives cuck-boy aids sooner rather than later , he deserves it for not divorcing the whore when he had the chance .

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a clever little tidbit!

A very clever way to let a stupid women come to her senses!

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 6 years ago
That's cool

Good wake up

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 6 years ago
Why

Would she think that other women wouldn't want what she's throwing away

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Exceptionally Well Written Story

You have every reason to be proud of this story. I believe it is the shortest 5-Star rating I have ever given.

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Great insight

I would imagine Sue had coworkers talking about romance, sex and exciting outings.

But these people don't tell you about the lonely nights that will come after resentment settles in. When two people meet everything's fresh and new and it's hard to compete or compare with that. Lust is hot but doesn't last, love can endure and persevere. Good friend and great ending .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NICE ONE.

SHORT,SHARP,SHOCK,5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nope

Marriage irrevocably damaged as soon as you tell husband your intent to take a lover.

Bowling team and all of their spouses should shun the almost slut.

Husband should seek divorce.

She displays a lack of intellengence and empathy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Agree with anon 1/27/18

Any marriage is irreparably harmed by a declaration to take a lover. It will always be in the back of the mind of the other spouse. Will he/she cheat if I don't do x, y, or z? We he/ she cheat if I don't agree to this or that? Is he/she really working late or are they trying to hide cheating?

The trust would be gone and it would cease to be a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
ADULTERY

If you are only thinking of committing adultery you have already cheated even if you have not carried it out that's what the experts tell us.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

Totally agree with the last three Annoy's. She has already committed physiological 'Adultery' when she declared her intent to get a lover. IMO divorce is inevitable and Karen just needs to wait, couples counseling might head it off but doubtful with Sue's new set of values her pronounced loathing of Jerry.

She has planted her need to have a lover "seed" in Jerry. This seed will germinate into suspicion of everything she does that will grow into disrespect killing any remaining trust. Eventually they will grow to hate each other - all due to her declared desire to have some strange. Now compounding this is every time Jerry & Sue see the bowling team, her brother/sister-in-law they will know what she is. (The 'team' voted Jerry off.) As Bill said only divorce will give Jerry self-respect that Sue has killed, no amount of BJ's will kill the seed from now growing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
So when I say I'm going to rob a bank,

I'm already guilty?

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
id tell her im outta here

Nope she tries that shit, the physical act didn't happen, but the disrespect is already done and the damage is catastrophic. he could honestly never trust the bitch. she wasn't saying it in a heated argument she flat out thought it out . he needs to cut her loose. brainfart bullshit the way its written she was just caught when her hubby might go elsewhere for sex, and only backed down when other ladies said theyd take him

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
SEX

Cuckoldry is what she promises, but the husband may seem a soft wimp, that is till any man lays finger on his wife then the lion will roar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really good

As for some of the comments; stop being so self-righteous, if there was such a thing as thought crimes, we would all be in prison. Anyone who says they haven't committed a thought crime is a liar, or brain-damaged.

This wife was just stupid enough to vocalize her thoughts. It still isn't a crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hmm

Uncertain if a marriage could survive this, the damage was already done.

She learned being open about cheating would cost her.

A husband would think now she will just hide it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RELEASE THE KAREN!

Yeah, this marriage is over.

Say bye to your cuck, Sue, and say hello to prowling bars looking for a guy willing to warm your sheets and fill a wrinkled 55 years old with AIDS.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
Thanks for the take-away line

I wondered why she didn't hang up after the first comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

"Release the Karen".....Bahahahahahahaha!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Best story ever.

I’ve never read a story on this site I wanted to share with my fiancé before. We recently found out that a wife in our circle of friends wants to step out and I now can’t wait to show her this. I’m honestly hoping I get a few more bj’s after but I’d settle for her laughing as hard as I did.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Not funny, and not vengeful, but a darn good story!

Here are some words of truth worth reciting: "It's scary, isn't it, Sue? When you've been married for 20 years, you get complacent and take the spouse for granted and start thinking that there are greener pastures. A new lover will be exciting and out to prove their skills. They may be thinner, funnier, richer, more attractive or just more appreciative."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
no woman

Is in that much of a hurry to be stepmom to a the kids of a woman like that and an ex with no spine.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Agree

I agree completely with everything Just_Words said. His commentary is as good as his writing. This is just a great story with so.much truth. You couldn't ask for more from a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FUCK OFF !!!

My wife would have told Bill to fuck off, she loves sucking and fucking her lover and i enjoy her doing it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Anon and just words said it

Loved the ending brother

5 stars and I rarely give them

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just Words

I Liked the way that "Just words" put it .. I wish My Ex would have had a friend as good as Mary .. But on the plus side My ex seemed surprised to find her Clothes on the Lawn .. I took My Vows very Seriously and She did not .. I would Never share a women I loved with anyone .. Ask my ex she still wants Me Back .. But I found Me a Gal that is Faithful and honest to Me ..

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

A real HDK classic. With all the cuck shit posted to LW recently, there is plenty of time for the good ones.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Good one. I kept expecting a conversation between Bill and Jerry, revealing that they had cahooted in the initial call to Jerry's wife, to start the ball rolling, hoping it would end as it did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
HAHAHAHA

A good brother is always there to help.

Grimjack01Grimjack01almost 4 years ago
Great story

This was an excellent story, the ending sealed it. Very well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7128 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...