All Comments on 'You Have Me'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Seemed unfinished - 4*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 1 year ago
Not a Complete Story by a Long Shot But ...!

There is a veritable plethora of platinum moments you could inject into multiple TV or movie productions. 'The Office ' was a great show that got tepid after Jim and Pam got together, the sexual tension had abated. In my head, I would have let Kelly and Ryan the temp ( Mindy Kaling + BJ Novak) play this story out over a season. Anyway! This was a velvet read, if not a full-blooded story

Ergo the obvious score

Full marks *****

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Thought provoking and wonderfully erotic. Not sure whether you agree or not (think you do) but I believe Amanda is onto something: “… falling in love thing might be kind of out of our hands, but the staying in love part is a choice.” Choice in sense that there will be times/moments — now I’m over thinking, but so many of your pieces invite us to do so. So glad you are easing your way back into writing because your writing is very creative.

King_WillieKing_Willieabout 1 year ago

Short, but very satisfying. Thank you. 5*

DianaLunaDianaLunaabout 1 year ago

Damn, you're a fantastic writer! Few can nail character descriptions and flourish like you. xo DL

dmallorddmallordabout 1 year ago

The tenor of this melancholy piece is very well done. Others have said it is undone or incomplete or something else that says it could be better, but they are wrong, so wrong. More would have killed the mental images as I read it. You have captured all that was needed to tell the story. Why not leave it at an uncertain ending? It doesn't need one, in my view. 5*

Cali_LoveCali_Loveabout 1 year ago

Damn it. Just, goddamnit. I can’t do it like you can. How do you evoke such feelings?! Like, real ones?! The kind that wraps you up and spits you out like you’re still trying to learn how to walk. Oh. I know. You’re just that fucking good at it. Damn. I wish I had just one ounce of what you have. Please, never stop writing.

5*

holbrookholbrookabout 1 year ago

Intense and perfectly brief. I am in awe of your talent.

Vadar990155Vadar990155about 1 year ago

Glad you're back. I was afraid that you were in witness protection. A solid 5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

From the beginning tone, I thought this was about Andrew and Kate from ‘Creatures of the Wind’ again. Seemingly devoid of any warmth and tenderness. Colin’s and Jessica’s slow shift from animal lust to affection and (dare I say) love, was subtle and sweet and ultimately gratifying. Enjoyable story. Well done. Thank you.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

Wow, the main character is definitely not a typical woman. Not listening to words (or their absence), but instead paying attention to actions. A good match for him.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 year ago

It was finished as much as GintM wanted it to be and I am just happy to have her back to confound us with characters so full of passion and doubt.

norafaresnorafaresabout 1 year ago

I devoured every word. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyabout 1 year ago

A terrific and richly layered slice of life. What role do fate and free will play in determining whom we love? Jessica opens the story talking about fate's role in love, then later talks about the role our own choices play with Amanda and Sara. It creates an underlying philosophical tension between these opposing views that mirrors the tension between Jess and Colin --- two seeming opposites that proclaim to dislike each other yet are inevitably drawn more strongly together.

<br>

The development of their feelings for one another is portrayed beautifully and convincingly over such a short piece. The teasing conversation as Colin rubs her ankles. That lovely moment when he visits Jess after her mother's death and, in response to her question about why he came, says, "Don't be stupid." (As an aside, this feels like the perfect thing for his character to say; blunt and harsh on the surface but also revealing the depth of his feelings for her by dismissing the idea that he would choose to be anywhere else except by her side in that moment). And the moment at the end when he professes his feelings for her (or comes as close as he can): "No, Jessica. You're not hearing me. I want you every day. All of you..." For the first time, he calls her Jessica and not Miller. He typically expresses his feelings physically through the intensity of his desire for her---indeed, it seems the only way he knows how, a fact that feels like it frustrates and angers him, and the sex scenes convey that wonderfully---but this is the closest he comes to being able to verbalize his feelings.

<br>

On a much more specific note, I loved this sentence: "Dad was speaking to someone, a doctor or a nurse, but I stood there blinking at a mounted hand sanitizer dispenser." Such a nice great way to convey the surreal feeling that accompanies a loved one's death. You zone out and fixate for a moment on a mundane, everyday feature of life like a hand sanitizer dispenser, which just sits there as it always has, completely indifferent to the fact that everything about your world has just been turned upside down and forever changed. I can recall moments like that in my own experiences with grief.

<br>

I really enjoy your work, and I look forward to your next story.

ATasteForTheEroticATasteForTheEroticabout 1 year ago

I freakin love mind fuck love like this. So full of intensity right till the end. This was perfection.

stewartbstewartbabout 1 year ago

Would have been better written as a poem.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 1 year ago

Terrific work. I’m never disappointed by you writing. Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So good to have posting from you. I hope there'd be more

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ahhh! I need more of this story!! I hope there is more!! Feel this in my bones! Especially being a single 37 year old (sigh) so I need to read more of this relationship!

joeoggijoeoggi6 months ago

So good. Love your writing.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah5 days ago

Miller’s Girl

I recently watched a movie on Netflix called Miller’s Girl. It was about an extremely gifted 18 year old high school student enrolled in a creative writing class. Her assignment was to write a short story in the style of an author she admired. She chose Henry Miller, the subject being the nature of a student/teacher relationship. When her teacher rejected her story as too pornographic, she defended it by saying, “It’s about two like people abnegating social convention. It’s commentary on the anesthetization of a culture supersaturated with pornography. It’s about the inefficacy of romantic dogmas on the expectations of young people. It’s about inexorable attraction.”

My point, if there is one, is that this author writes much more than stroke stories. Ok, they’re more than a little stroke-y, but the themes they examine and explore touch the heart of human nature and emotion.

This particular offering seems to be dealing with the progression and endurance of love. How men and women can approach the same subject from different planets, hopefully finding common ground.

Whatever else this author may be, she’s certainly not inefficacious. She’s Miller’s Girl, and I rejoice.

/

Dialogue taken from ‘Miller’s Girl’

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***

SIMILAR Stories