You Send Me

Story Info
Hozier & best friend Lucy find a moment's silence.
4.9k words
4.67
3.5k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi all! This is my first story published on the site. I'm very open to any constructive feedback you might have. Thank you for reading! Enjoy :)

***

Lucy walked in and saw Andrew seated at the bar, his back to her, curly hair loose around his slouched shoulders. Wearing a chambray shirt, black jeans, and leather brogue boots, he had settled his 6'5" frame onto the bar stool and managed to fold his long legs under the board. Lucy took in the cozy space - the timeworn oak bar shining in the dim light cast by the Christmas lights hanging haphazardly from the ceiling. "You Send Me" by Sam Cooke playing over the stereo and the white noise murmur of other conversations audible just under the music. Dark hardwood covered the floor and the front of the bar. At that moment, Andrew looked up from his whiskey into the mirror behind the bar and caught Lucy gazing at him from just inside the doorway. He arched his eyebrows in invitation, but didn't otherwise change his sullen expression.

Andrew felt his heart lighten just seeing Lucy. Thank goddess for good friends. Even if he never found "the one," at least he was reasonably sure he'd always have Lucy. And it didn't hurt that she was hot as hell. He let his eyes drift over her hips, the open V of her button down shirt, and finally up to her dark brown eyes.

Lucy muscled her full-blown grin down into a lopsided smirk as she met his eyes. She laughed to herself when she realized they were almost twinning - she'd worn her favorite high-waisted black skinny jeans belted and paired with a muted blue and yellow flowery button down, tucked in and unbuttoned to just above the curve of her breasts. Her black lace demi-cup bra front clasp was visible to anyone taller than her 5'2" build who might care to look down. Her worn gray Keds let her slide across the worn wooden floor as she swayed with her arms in the air to the music toward Andrew. Holding his gaze, Lucy allowed the grin to spread across her face when she saw his expression pull into a lopsided smirk mirroring her own. As Mavis Staples' "Son of A Preacher Man" started playing, Lucy broke into full karaoke pantomime, imaginary microphone and all. She didn't care that some of the other patrons were giving her looks: she saw Andrew had finally cracked a full smile into the bar mirror. Lucy slid onto the barstool next to him as she grabbed his right arm and exaggeratedly mimed the chorus of the song. Andrew turned fully toward her and organized his long legs so they were framing Lucy's as she mimicked dropping her mic onto the bar. Andrew put his large hands on her knees.

"Hi," he said, smiling and looking into her eyes. "Hi," Lucy grinned back, running her left thumb over Andrew's high cheekbone and tucking a wild curl behind his ear. Her own curls were much less unruly these days since she had chopped most of them off in favor of a short pixie cut.

"I'm glad you're here," Andrew said with a more serious face. He was, and he was also surprised at the warm shiver that shot down his spine at her touch.

Lucy tilted her head and her lopsided smile softened as she put her hands over Andrew's. "Me too. I'm glad you called. I'm sorry I've been a little out of touch lately, work has been wild. We're in the middle of hiring a new faculty cohort and coordinating all of the campus visits has been a nightmare. Anyway, tell me, how are you doing?" Lucy studied Andrew's face and saw that his normally sharp features were drawn. The wrinkles around his eyes and the lines at the corners of his wide, soft mouth - both testaments to his good humor - seemed deeper. His hazel eyes looked tired, but blessedly happy to see her. They'd been best friends now for years, so Lucy was used to Andrew's brooding artist moods, but today there seemed to be an undercurrent of something else. He sighed and ran his right hand through his hair to push it back off his face.

"Well, I've definitely been better. Worse too, I guess, but...you know how it is. I just feel...like I don't know what I'm doing wrong, you know? I'm just...tired." He'd been on the app dating circuit for over a year now and between his own work schedule and a string of first date duds, he was over it. He had thought the most recent woman was promising, but after a few dead-end make-out sessions and realizing their relationship needs were fundamentally incompatible and, he had ended it.

"Oh honey, I know. I really feel for you," Lucy said, squeezing his hands and then turning to flag down the bartender. After ordering her rum and coke, she said seriously, "Tell me everything, I'm all ears." Then, less seriously, putting her fingertips on Andrew's knee: "And I'll just say up front, I didn't like her, but I will try to save my 'I told you so' for when things are a little less fresh."

Andrew blew a sigh out through his lips. "Yeah, well, I wish you had said that earlier and saved me some time."

"Well, I'm sorry," Lucy said, her voice pitching up. "You know I've been working on being a less intense friend - which means less sticking my nose in y'all's love lives." Even when I really wanted to, she added silently to herself.

Andrew chuckled, "Yeah, well, I guess it was just more of the same," he said, sighing out and pulling his hands down either side of his face to rest on his jaw. "[She] was really lovely, I mean she's a great person, but it just wasn't clicking. After five or six dates, I could tell it just wasn't going anywhere. This was, literally, the seventh person this year," he said, his long fingers wrapping around his whiskey glass. "Dating is exhausting. I think I'm over it for a while."

"Ugh, I'm sorry Andrew, you've really been through it this year. I definitely think it makes sense to take a break." Lucy paused, then said, "She did seem very nice, but like, a little too nice, you know? That was the vibe I got, that maybe she was a little too straight-laced for you."

"That was part of it, she was conservative, but also there was no chemistry, I mean we hardly got past third base."

Lucy made a yikes face. "After six dates? If I know you at all, I know you must have been making moves. Was she just not into it?"

"Yeah. To be fair, she told me she wanted to take it slow at the beginning, which is fine! But honestly, as you know, sex is a really big part of a romantic relationship for me, so I didn't feel like it was going to go anywhere."

"Oh yeah, I feel you. Well," Lucy said, raising her glass, "here's to knowing and getting exactly what we want."

"Cheers," Andrew said as they clinked glasses.

- - -

A couple of drinks later, Lucy and Andrew were both feeling pleasantly tipsy and their easy familiarity with each other had drifted into outright flirting. They were presently in the middle of recounting their most awkward hook-ups, of which there were embarrassingly many for both of them. Lucy had scooted forward on her barstool closer to Andrew so her knees were now tucked wholly between his thighs. She had mostly been dating femme people as of late, but she'd always found Andrew very attractive. Something about his long dexterous fingers - matched by his absurdly long legs - and auburn curls appealed to her. They first met ages ago through mutual friends and she had flirted with him plenty then. But they had both met other partners shortly after so nothing came of it. Over the last 6 years their relationship had matured into one of her closest friendships. Andrew was the first person she went to with news or if she needed advice and vice versa. They had both helped each other move a couple of times, had even been each other's emergency contacts on and off. Lucy knew she could count on Andrew for all kinds of logistical adulting help. She'd dated more regularly than him over the last several years and this was the first time in a long while that they were both single at the same time.

As "Crazy" by Patsy Cline came on they paused their stories to sing dramatically to each other, slightly too loud and more than a little off key due to their mild intoxication. Lucy had placed her left hand (the one not holding her make believe microphone) on Andrew's right thigh. He covered her hand with his and held his own phantom microphone while belting out the song. Sure, the song is as melancholy as it gets, but something about the sway of the tune always felt impossibly sexy to Lucy. She really got into the pantomime and cupped Andrew's face with her former microphone hand. On a particularly dramatic "crazy," she leaned just a bit too far forward and would have tipped off of her stool if Andrew hadn't caught her around the waist at just the right moment.

With a surprised cackle, Lucy steadied and straightened herself by putting her hands on Andrew's knees on either side of her thighs. "Ho-ok, I think that's a sign it's time to head out. Do you want to come to my place? I've got enough ice cream to smother all of your sorrows and we can continue this impromptu concert or make pasta or something. I'm actually pretty hungry. Waddya think?" Andrew chuckled, "Yeah that sounds good, it's been a minute since I've been to your place anyway and I'd love to see Arlo." Arlo was Lucy's beloved sweet beast, a merle Great Dane. "She'll be so excited to see you! I'll call a taxi." Lucy lived a couple of miles out of town in a beautiful old farmhouse that she'd finally been able to put a down payment on after getting tenure the year before.

Andrew opened the door to exit the bar and ushered Lucy through ahead of him. She stumbled a bit over the threshold, so he was suddenly pushed up against her. He put his hands around her hips to stop both of them from tumbling forward and got a whiff of her hair, just a hint of fresh green apple. "Careful, love," he said, both of them laughing as they caught their balance.

In the backseat of the car, Lucy snuggled close to Andrew and laid her head against his bicep. "You've Really Got A Hold On Me" by Smokey Robinson played over the taxi driver's radio. When they reached Lucy's house, they thanked and tipped their driver cash and moseyed up the porch steps and to the front door. When Lucy opened the door, Arlo enthusiastically disassembled herself from the couch and trotted over, whole body sleepily waggling, to welcome them with chuffing and slobbery kisses.

"Hi Arlo! That's my sweet girl. Yes, I know it's been too long!" Andrew said, bending over to take Arlo's huge head in his hands and scratch behind her ears. Lucy and Andrew kicked off their shoes and moved into the living room.

"Ok you keep her busy while I go grab us something to drink. What do you want? I've got some wine, a few sour beers, cider, and of course tea, water, coffee?"

"I think I'm done with the hard stuff for the night, I'll take a water and tea, if you're brewing."

"Coming right up! Chamomile ok?"

"Perfect, yes, please."

As Lucy disappeared into the kitchen, Andrew made his way over to the cozy sectional sofa and stretched himself out along the longest part of the couch. Arlo climbed up onto the L section of the sofa and made herself comfortable, head within easy scratching distance of Andrew's long fingers. He could hear Lucy in the kitchen humming while she made the tea. He kept thinking about how good she smelled and the shape of her ass in those black jeans and the more-than-a-peek of her black lacy bra he got when they had collided outside the bar. The more he thought about her, the more turned on he was. "Goddamnit, pull yourself together, man" he swore under his breath. This evening wasn't supposed to be about a rebound - he had just needed to talk to his best friend. Which he had. But now he was thinking about how long it'd been since he'd felt this flush of excitement and heat around someone... it'd been a while. He certainly hadn't felt this with the most recent app date. And now they were alone in her house. Two adults, buzz still pleasant but fading, and nothing else but time. He was pretty sure, based on her blush after their collision and how close she'd snuggled up to him on the ride over, that she was feeling similarly. Or so he hoped. He guessed there was only one way to find out.

Arlo lifted her head as Lucy returned to the living room with chamomile tea bags steeping in her two favorite Hammerly Ceramics mugs. Then, with a little bow and her best Lumière impression, Lucy said, "Tea is served."

Andrew chuckled as he sat up and put his hands together in a gesture of thanks. "This is really lovely, thanks so much."

"Oh shoot I forgot the water, I'll be right back."

"No, no, don't worry, sit, sit - the tea is perfect, really."

"Are you sure? It'll just take a second."

"No, I'm sure. I know my way around your kitchen. I can get some later if I'm thirsty. Come sit." He said, patting the sofa cushion next to his right hip. To his left, Arlo had stretched out over the L part of the sofa/sectional and didn't look to be moving any time soon. Andrew turned so his right leg was bent on the couch and his left leg was stretched out toward the floor. He leaned his weight on his elbow propped up on the back of the couch.

"Ok if you're sure," Lucy smiled and curled up onto the couch, hot tea in hand and her feet tucked under Andrew's leg for warmth.

"Oh gosh, your feet are cold! D'ya want a blanket or something?"

"Not now that I have you!" She said with a teasing laugh as she looked him in the eye and wiggled her toes under him. She had always enjoyed their casual physical intimacy with each other, but right now she was feeling decidedly un-casual. Right now she was feeling hot (everywhere except her toes). She could feel her cheeks and neck warming with a blush at Andrew's proximity and at remembering her stumble outside the bar. For a moment she had been totally engulfed by his strong body as he'd used his large graceful hands to steady her. It made her wonder how on earth the most recent app girl had kept her hands off of him. She swallowed that thought down and cleared her throat.

"So, is the tea ok? Is it too hot? I can get you an ice cube if you'd like. Or honey, do you want honey? Or almond milk? Lemon? Sugar?" Lucy could feel herself rambling with the nervous, giddy energy she was feeling.

"No, Luce, I'm good. But thank you for asking." Andrew said, with a sideways smile.

"Ok. How are you feeling now? Now that we've had our debauch, got it all out, do you think you'll live to date another day?"

"Ehm, yeah, I'm feeling much better at the moment." He said, returning her gaze. "But ehm, I do have a question for you, if you're up for it?"

"I'm an open book! Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. Wait, no, that doesn't make any sense. What I mean is, ask away!" She said, somewhat nervously, if she was being honest.

With a playful smile on his face, Andrew ran his hand through his hair to push it back off his face and then looked into Lucy's eyes. "What would you do if I kissed you right now? Would it be ok?"

At that question a jolt of desire shot straight through her and she could feel her nipples tighten against the lace of her bra. Lucy blinked and tried to gather her thoughts. "Well, I, actually I'd be totally down for that." She said, a little shakily.

"Ok, good." Andrew took the tea from her hands and set it down next to his on the coffee table. Then he turned back to Lucy who was watching his every move, her soft lips in a smile of anticipation. She moved her feet and gently rearranged her legs so she was sitting on her heels. "Just getting comfortable." She was usually the one to make the first move, so this was a bit of a new experience for her. Not to mention that fact that she was with Andrew. *screams internally in hot and bothered best friend*

"Sure." Andrew said. Then he leaned in slowly and lightly brushed his lips against hers. When he felt her returning the kiss he drew back slightly and with the tip of his tongue, lightly stroked inside the point of her upper lip. Lucy deepened the kiss then, bringing her hands up to his face to draw him closer. Andrew put his hands around her waist and pulled her bottom half closer. Damn, he was so hard already. He wasn't sure if sex was where this was going, but he sure hoped so.

Lucy could feel herself getting hot and wet. Lord, but he was a good kisser. She ran her hands through Andrew's curls, then down his neck and over his broad shoulders as she nipped his full bottom lip and then soothed it with her tongue. Andrew groaned and kissed his way down her jawline to her pretty neck. Lucy stood up on her knees, pressing herself against him, to give him more easy access to her neck (and hopefully her tits). She ran her hands down his biceps and then back up over his chest and down his stomach. She slid her hands up under his undershirt to feel the soft fur covering his belly and pecs.

Andrew kissed his way back up Lucy's neck to her earlobe, which he took gently into his mouth and sucked. She sighed. He shivered and sighed softly into her ear when he felt her scrape her fingernails lightly over his nipples. He couldn't wait to return the favor. Leaving her ear, he pulled back and looked into Lucy's wild [hungry] eyes.

"Mind if I unbutton your shirt?" He asked, his voice rough and just above a whisper.

"Please do."

Andrew unbuttoned the top-most button, which finally exposed her breasts in the black lacy bra to him. The cups were unlined and he could see her hardened nipples poking out against the [sheer] fabric. Without thinking, he leaned forward and flicked her right nipple with just the tip of his firm tongue. Then, while unbuttoning the next button, he used the flat of his tongue to lathe her nipple before grabbing it in his teeth through the fabric. "Oh god that feels so fucking good, Andrew." Lucy breathed.

At that moment, Arlo sighed loudly as if to say, "I'm still here! Get a room, ya freaks."

Lucy and Andrew burst out laughing. Lucy reached around Andrew and scratched Arlo behind her ears. "Ok, baby, hush." Gently clearing her throat she looked up at Andrew. "Um, wow. That was a kiss."

"Yes it was. I'd very much like to continue if you're ok with it." He said, searching her face for her reaction. Sitting there with her shirt mostly unbuttoned, her curls more out of order than usual, her eyes dark with desire, he thought she was the hottest thing he'd seen in ages.

Lucy thought she should be feeling that this was a terrible decision. Getting it on with her best guy friend? This could be disastrous. But all she could feel was that she wanted his mouth on her and hers on him until their eyes crossed with pleasure. "I don't know if this is a good idea, but I really want to continue. Let's go upstairs so we don't disturb princess Arlo, though."

Outwardly, Andrew grinned and unfolded himself from the couch, stretching up into his full height. Internally, he roared: "YESSSS."

Lucy could see how ready he was for this by the outline of his hardness against his jeans. She grabbed his hand and practically raced up the stairs to her bedroom, arguably her favorite room in the whole house. Though the curtains were closed now, there were huge windows on two sides of the room and she'd decorated it in muted earthy pastels and lots of plants (#plantmom). The centerpiece of the room, though, was her king-sized bed with a reclaimed wood slab headboard, lots of fluffy pillows, and sinfully soft sheets under a heavy down comforter. She pulled Andrew into the room and spun him around until his back was to the bed. She pushed his chambray shirt from his shoulders and pulled it down over his long arms.

"By the way, I'm on the pill, but I've got condoms if you'd like. Are you clean?" Lucy asked him.

"I'm clean and I'll use a condom if you prefer, but I'd just as soon not."

"Ok, great, I feel the same way."

He complied with her demands to remove his undershirt and had to stifle a joyful laugh when she pushed him back onto the huge bed. Lucy stripped off her shirt before joining him on the bed. They shuffled until Andrew was laying with his head propped up on a pillow and Lucy was on all fours straddling his legs.

12