All Comments on 'Young Gina, Old Grace'

by Hornyman69WithU

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Hey nauseating..stay in the childrens section

you sound like a cunt. this is fiction. you make it seem like the third coming of the fucking death camps. what, are you on the rag or something? Some writing is done for cunts like you and the writers names are Browning, Frost, and

Ginny Wolfe.Stick with them and let the big dogs run. Oh and stay away from Bukowski as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Must every story be serious?

The whole tenor felt tongue in cheek to me. When a writer has the vocabulary to use "frangible" you can bet it was not his objective to demean older women.

<p>

Her character was sad and damaged but why is that his responsibility? She would have joined him without the joint and the drinks. She had been coming on to him. Why did the writer add the bad behavior? Probably as a way to make nobody in the story likable in a send-up of the compulsion toward revenge that doesn't worry about collateral damage.

Hornyman69WithUHornyman69WithUabout 17 years agoAuthor
Author's Commentary

Unexpectedly, this story has aroused strong feelings. I've never posted a comment on my own story before, but perhaps some clarifications will help:

First, this story--like all of mine--is true, and, like the home plate umpire, "I call 'em like I see 'em." Of course, as the author, I stress certain aspects and de-emphasize others, but I try to present a balanced, "round" portrait of the main characters. Accordingly, none of them--Gina, Grace, or I--are all good or all bad.

If you are familiar with me from my other stories, you know that I was uncharacteristically bad in screwing Grace to avenge Gina's lying and unfaithfulness. Even so, I liked Grace a lot. She was interesting, refined, a good conversationalist, and, as it turned out, sexually superb.

As the comments so far reflect, every reader will come away with a different take. For me, this experience was about contrasts and choices inherent in personal relationships. Contrast in that Gina and Grace were polar opposites, and that I was both similar to and different from each of them. Choice in that they DECIDED to room together; I DECIDED to date Gina exclusively though she professed to love me and I just liked her; I DECIDED to spend time at the apartment alone with GRACE and therefore get to be friends; I DECIDED to follow my instincts to find out that Gina was fooling around; and I DECIDED to seek revenge by fucking Grace where Gina would discover us. Note that I also DECIDED to keep screwing Grace for several more hours after Gina left, and thus the vengeance was done, purely because Grace was such a good lover.

Those choices had consequences, and we all had to live with them. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely do things differently: I would have hopped in the shower with Gina's friend. I would have furnished a cock to the three bisexual babes across the street. I would have gone out with the beautiful cocktail waitress who was flirting with me at the bar where Gina worked. And I would have fucked Grace, not for revenge, but just for fun.

I could and should have done all those things because I was not in love with Gina. I should have broken up with her as soon as I realized she was not The One, but I stayed with her faithfully for 6 or 8 months in keeping with my be-a-good-boyfriend/husband complex until, upon discovering her unfaithfulness, all the pent-up frustration exploded in the fuck-Grace-for-vengeance scheme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Definitely a "100"

What's the deal with the negative comments? People, read the story again. What you say has no basis. All the characters have good and bad aspects. I loved the story, personally.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous