All Comments on 'You're Alex?'

by PickFiction

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

Loved it! A beautiful coming of age story that captured both the naive and sheltered lives both had experienced and the way they were both able to break away from their families of origin.

Humphrey28Humphrey28almost 3 years ago

It's kind of an odd story--a mixture of prim language choices that sound like you were writing decades ago, combined with sort of brash, modern elements. I'm not sure it really works or not, I suspect it's a matter of taste.

However it's a sweet story and with a little suspension of disbelief about 18-year-olds, was enjoyable.

Thanks.

PS. You should consider getting a proofreader. I know many don't care about typos but many of us do find that it takes away from the enjoyment a little when we have to stop to figure out whether something is dialog or narrative because you're missing quote marks, etc.

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 3 years ago

A delightful story! I enjoyed it very much.

RiverMayaRiverMayaalmost 3 years ago

Definitely 5 ☆a.

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Excellent

Another amazing story by PickFiction. 5 stars!

G5902G5902almost 3 years ago

WOW!!! This is truly a wonderful story that is well written, nicely paced, and just plain fun to read! Thank you so much for sharing this sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Great story that deserves a sequel!

Five stars.

DDH3269DDH3269almost 3 years ago

A very enjoyable read. As stated by others, it had a very good pace and allowed the reader to feel the growing affection and desire in the characters. I'd certainly read a sequel and would be interested in how the neighbors feel about Alex and Jamie's antics. Lots of possibilities. I will read your other stories while you ponder a sequel. Well written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a great story. I'm not a fan of the alternating sympathies of the narrator. I'd rather have learned what Jamie was thinking as Alex did. That said, I agree with the others: this needs a sequel. It almost seemed structured for the crisis when they go to Florida for Christmas.

Clancy31015Clancy31015over 2 years ago

Begging for a sequel at least, if not a full blown series.

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 2 years ago

That was achingly sweet and innocent. Congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hey, great story. Xxxxx

JmsRthrfrdJmsRthrfrdover 2 years ago

This was great! The alternating perspective of narration between Jamie and Alex is fantastic and I wish more stories did it. It really allows for a greater depth of understanding into the feelings of both individuals.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

very nice and romantic. nice way for alex to come out of her shell. sequel, please.

RicknCenFlRicknCenFlover 1 year ago

I really enjoy your writing. It was paced well, building to "the moment." First time, first love stories are one of my favorite storylines. Thanks! One point for you to consider... some of their behavior seemed a bit too advanced for newbies. His cunnilingus skills seemed a too advanced. You can only learn so much from porn. Likewise her deepthroat fellatio, felt like a stretch. These are simply my observations to an otherwise excellent short story.

roveroneroveroneabout 1 year ago

Great...both very enjoyable characters...!

She knew what she wanted and got it...lucky Jamie!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 1 year ago

A marvelous long-form vignette. As others have noted, the story is highly romanticized, but hey! we come here for fantasy. You provided the necessary element of conflict with the subterfuge inflicted on Alex's mother. As author, you have absolute control over the fictional universe you create. That said, the story lends itself to further episodes, and you have earned a loyal following.

Bravo!

I rounded down to 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

wonderful story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous