All Comments on 'You're All That I Want'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

I sure hope we see more of them. A very loving and lovable couple and Bree is everyone’s ideal “little sister”. From what we were told even Jo and Jeff seem like loving sister and brother-in-law. Too bad you don’t plan on a series centered around this group but it’s your story and fantasy and far be it from me to lead the author.

This was a great story well told with good background introducing the main characters and interesting/believable dialog enhancing the story flow. Looking forward to meeting them again in future works. Lots of lose ends that if not explored in a dedicated series that can be woven into new stories. The place in Spain, the cabin, Jeff returning to college, the wedding, a teenage Bree, Chelsea’s growing business and certainly the children with Jo and Jeff’s already on the way and those in Chelsea’s and Jeff’s future fertile ground indeed! But there I go leading the author and I said I don’t do that. Just some thoughts. Use or discard as you wish.

5 stars

Cheers

SAGE

natekit76natekit76over 3 years ago

Beautiful and sweet. Perfect for this time of year!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful

All of your works are amazing but this the best

AZTT2AZTT2over 3 years ago

Sweet story and great character development. I really like the younger sister.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

I am an incurable romantic. While this was a bit predictable, it gets 5 stars from me. I do so enjoy reading your submissions. Thank you!

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 3 years ago

Great job.

This is such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it.

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
Really enjoyed this one!

Well done...good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent! The only negative for me was the god-bothering bit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I really enjoy your stories and look forward to them. It was a little predictable but otherwise it was very sweet.

orzeuorzeuover 3 years ago

Great. Romantic, slow pacing with good background. 5 stars.

Bh76Bh76over 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you for reading and commenting. As some of the comments have said, it’s too predictable. You’re probably right, but let me tell you that my first draft had Bree and Brett destitute and the rich Chelsea saving them form poverty. I scrapped that as being too predictable.

Angie314Angie314over 3 years ago

Wonderful! Loved that he was younger and just so romantic!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Agree With Old Sage

Plenty of opportunity to follow this up with another story. It may be a little predictable but after all this is a winter holidays story and it suits the occasion perfectly. There could have been more incidents, eg. a snow mobile accident resulting in hospitalisation, but that's also predictable.

Loved the dialogue and especially Bree's part.

Deserves the rating.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 3 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoyed this story. They seemed to be made for each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well Written

"You're All That I Want" was very enjoyable. It was well written. A good story line.

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

Such a sweet story!!!!!

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

So did they honeymoon in Spain? Did her corporate lawyer/Jill insist on a pre-nup - love is great but business is business? Did Brett come to work for her company; in what capacity (as that could be a whole other serious relationship issue - male ego)? Or did he become a contract artist or a new coffee house aficionado/gallery to hand sell art? So many possible tangents plus I'm sure children are soon coming.

/

5*, Hooyah, salute

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

I find it difficult to reconcile this touching well written slice of romance to the seriously flawed Love Gun Pt2.

Agreed, both are fantasy in different genre and therefore pointless to compare but the writing here seems more genuine and sincere, you created characters that were interesting and very likeable, and like all romances we root for the happy ending.

The other story however feels more forced, like you wanted to step out of your comfort zone, stretch yourself as an author but weren’t really convinced about the characters you created.

Still, judging by the comments related to Love Gun Pt2, it apparently floated a few boats, so I’m probably wrong what do I know, but I do know which I prefer and look forward to reading more of your romances.

BoldVultureBoldVultureover 3 years ago
So what happened . . .

. . . With Chelsea going to Mass and connecting w FCather Marii?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

What a thoroughly enjoyable story! Thanks for sharing!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 3 years ago

I agree with others... it was a thoroughly enjoyable story!!!

It was a pleasure to read. And, maybe?!?! a sequel. Thank-you

JohnD46JohnD46over 3 years ago
Lots could happen

This is one of the better stories. So nice to read good fun things with all the news so lousy. I love happy endings. Thank you

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Absolutely brilliant probable one of your best stories. Ready needs a sequel as it ended too early needed to be after the wedding. Also it was kind of disappointing leaving out Chelsea not going back to church as you brought it up and didn't cover it.

Ironman52Ironman52about 3 years ago

Second read. I would give it five more stars if I could!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 3 years ago
Excellent Story

This story is kind of like an HDK story - you know about where it is going but it is so well written that you just sit back and enjoy the hell out of the ride. Character development is super, especially the little sister. Five stars ain't enough; well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cute that Bree push the two together! Two people immersed in their jobs and obligations limiting their social life found love. PERFECTION

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story, kind of a change having a story where all the characters are likable! The time writing AND reading were both well spent.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it!

You really made the characters pop. The story line was great, lots of plot to follow. I would not mind a second part, after their marriage. Bre gets gets boyfriend? Kid(s) come to them?

InfiniteXaosInfiniteXaosabout 3 years ago

Why worry about paying for private school when public schools are a thing? Also, his sister is quite mean, she should have just give her brother Chelseas number, not doing so created alot of unnecessary angst for both of Chelsea and Brett. Also, also, why is Chelsea so fascinated by other mens butts? She seems satisfied with Brett so why even look elsewhere? Haha nice touch with the key in the ring box xD She teases him a fair bit so its only fair if he returns the favor :p

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Top 3 for me!

There are a couple of stories that I read more than once. They just make me smile. This is a top three. Innocence and love personified. Thank you for sharing your talents!!

DP

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 3 years ago

Well, if I'd be out for a little retributive justice for all the wrongful stereotyping of men, I would say the beginning of the story is realy lifelike. A man with a nice butt and a cute smile, or vice versa, and the heroine falls in love, not to mention that her panties loose their dryness. Goes to show you how superficial women are and why so many end up with the asshole variety of men- repeatedly. Oh well, I'd never stoop so low as to say something like that, would I?

Bh76Bh76about 3 years agoAuthor

@areaderfromgermany

I suppose lusting after a member of the opposite sex should stay with the male of the species then. Point taken.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A sweet and sexy story. Nice!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

While I enjoyed this story, I will say the pace was beyond light speed, I'm not sure if that's how your stories usually are or not. It just felt a little.. disorientation , they spend almost no time together, then go on two dates where they're also not alone together, swear their undying love then it cuts to two months later and they get engaged.

Don't get me wrong, it was super cute and a fun read that was written well. Just would have been nice to have a little more substance between them to invest into.

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
Warm and

well crafted,

even if the parent's deaths was a little heavy on the coincidences.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"Honey, us girls are always in charge. We just let you men think you are." Everything I have seen confirms this to be true.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

@a_misogynist_from_germany,

I doubt you will read this comment but perhaps one of your like minded bottom feeders will catch this and take note. You are not unique by any means. Men have always viewed female sexuality with suspicion to the point that women would hide their arousal and enjoyment of sex out of fear that their partner might view them as an untrustworthy slut. Isn't it wonderful that in 2021 women are still viewed as suspect if they show any comfort with their sexuality. If you can't grasp the sarcasm in that statement then let me offer a more direct comment... grow up.

Your insecurity is unflattering and quite frankly, I wouldn't give you the time of day because it's the guys like you that are really scary. Oh, I am sure you are one of those nice guys finish last folk but there is more rage and hate in your type than any big bad alpha male asshole who thinks he is God's gift to women.

You need help and I suggest you get it because your comment screams, entitlement. I really don't buy into alpha beta bullshit. I think it's largely nonsense but there are beta and alpha traits that are quite identifiable. Yours is whining. That is very beta.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice sweet story.

I kept waiting for something unexpected to happen, but it didn't.

I kept hoping for a bit of drama, but there was none.

Everything just flew by nice and wholesome as expected.

No drama. No bad bits. No excitement.

Just a tad boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the characters! Maybe your best Romance story.

RTsBigDRTsBigDover 2 years ago

@Bh76 I really liked that story.

It’s feel good and I don’t think it was too boring with no big plot twists or obstacles for them.

Still there are some stories with the characters waiting to be told (church, living together, school, job, …)

Will you bring us those characters back as advertised?

Thanks again and I’m waiting to read about them again :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very nice, but a bit saccharine A five star effort but just two much Bree, too precocious. She was hanging there the whole time, I felt. Still, a lovely story. 4 stars from me, though I am sure many will think it should be five.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Well, that finishes it! All read alphabetically. I think that I had rated everyone of your stories as a 5 Star. This one also as 5 BIG FAT SHINY STARS! Thank you for being an excellent Author. I love how in different stories you'd developed all the Character to go on and write new Chapters. Loved it. Just another thank you. Hope to hear from you soon!

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

A superb feel good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So good.....

This is a favorite for sure. Innocent romance with an erotic subplot. The way you develop characters through simple conversation is a reward for any reader. Thank you for sharing your talents.

DP

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

Loved the story but OMG, I almost went into a diabetic coma from all the sugar and sweetness. But then, like I said, I loved it, sugar and all, lol. I think this is one of your best, at least of the ones I've read so far. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was basically a Hallmark movie with a couple of sex scenes, but that said, just like those movies I enjoyed it in spite of myself. Guess we all have a weakness for cute true love.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Very

Very enjoyable story.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

Damn, this was really emotional, keep up with writing please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Could easily done without the reference to a place in Spain. But a good story anyway.

maninconnmaninconnabout 1 year ago
Sweet story!

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
Very nice story 5 stars

BUT I hate the word chels!!! She has a beautiful name fucking use it!!!

doctrptdoctrpt8 months ago

Fantastic story! An ending, but not an ending!

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magician6 months ago

A nice story that made me smile. After reading most of your stories, I am in a quandary. This story is well written and no major errors struck me. Others of your stories have many grammatical, spelling and preposition errors. It’s like reading two different authors with two different educational levels. Also, as an editor, I suggest you read your stories out loud to yourself before doing your final proofing. Many times the eye will hear a problem that your eyes will not detect. Also, consider that sentences and phrases in a paragraph should not rhyme. This is a minor problem with your writing that reading it out loud should correct. Keeep up the good work. MtM

woodrangewoodrange3 months ago

totally a feel good story. i really enjoyed this so i re read it 5 stars again

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Second time reading this story. Still deserves 5 Stars

Thanks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories