All Comments on 'You're Always 17 Ch. 01'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith2 months ago

Good story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JH4FunJH4Fun2 months ago
Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐

First let’s get the health thingy out of the way. Take care of yourself those knee replacements are great once you get past the PT and are walking again. Sorry you had complications just take care. We enjoy reading your tales.

This one is just another to add to your long list of wonderful reads. While I didn’t rate it an Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ read as I have many of yours. It was an Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐ worthy of the rating I gave it. I am a hard ass at rating tales and only give Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating to those that move me to a higher emotional plain.

This one, while it was a wonderful read it just didn’t have the same umph as some of your other tales to me. Again, just my opinion and I am sure people will hate that I, a person who has not ability to write, only gives a tale like this an Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating. But to me that is praise on the tale as delivered. Most tales I only give a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ rating.

So, all I can say is forgive me if you think I shorted your tale by only giving it an Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating

I am looking forward to the remaining part(s) of this tale. Consuming the products, you create are a highlight of my retirement. Seeing someone’s attitude towards treating the rest of humanity around them in an honorable manner is refreshing. I may be a center leaning conservative. But all people deserve respect and honesty until they prove otherwise. Then they just get honesty until they show the have earned respect once again.

Thanks for this one and the others your have produced for us. I do hope you enjoy the results of your labors as much as we do.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Knew where it was headed from the start, but definitely worth a read! Looking forward to #2.

Lots of money being made in the "Patch" just being good citizens of the world.

5 *

HT81HT812 months ago

Really enjoyed this! And there’s still a lot to cover for part two.

LitCritLitCrit2 months ago

Welcome back - I hope the rest of your recovery goes well. I enjoyed Part 1 here and am looking forward to Part 2 as well as Ch 10 of LBH, SBE. In spite of JH4F's prevarications, this story is a 5!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy2 months ago

I love the great characters in your stories!

5

Bronco56Bronco562 months ago

Fantastic start

5stars

bigbob2406bigbob24062 months ago

Great story,looking forward to the next part !!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This is another very solid story and is much appreciated. I gave it a 4 star rating, mostly because you do have glitch or two in this one that probably were not caught due to those darn painkillers. When you work in most of the New Mexico places mentioned, you on the eastern side, not western. I am looking forward to part two and a new installment on those crazy Swedes.

TexScotTexScot2 months ago

Great start and really enjoyed it!

Been in and worked in many of the places you’ve mentioned. Worked on the rigs from Big Lake, Midland, Odessa, Pecos New Mexico etc before and during summers while at university.

TexdomTexdom2 months ago

From Lubbock, and I appreciate the story of the surrounding areas. It is good to see West Texas as it really is described. Hope the next chapter is as good as this one

oldsage_1oldsage_12 months ago

Great story! I couldn't put it down once started. I must say the Julie turn was a complete surprise to me but you made big points with the BTB crowd and made way for the return of Shannon. Good show! Always enjoy your stories and looking forward to chapter 2. Please don't let Shannon cheat on him! LOL!

Good luck with the knees! Glad you are doing better. Stay well and enjoy life.

Cheers

SAGE

flguyjaxflguyjax2 months ago

Love it, looking forward to chapter two

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc2 months ago

You seem to have a thing for hot blondes - LOL! I truly hope you are now well on your way to recovery. I really liked the pace of this chapter. Sometimes your chapters, especially Annika, move at a glacial pace. This one was perfect. Great character depth and multiple plot lines moving in unison. Anxiously awaiting the next installment (as well as the “other” story). 4.9*

txcrackertxcracker2 months ago
Better than an Avslon Drug Store Cheeseburger !

Too bad I can't give you a 10 !

RanDog025RanDog0252 months ago

Great story! I'm glad there will be other chapters! Thanks. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS.

linnearlinnearabout 2 months ago

Absolutely fantastic story and such good read. I can't wait to start reading part 2.

mac1729mac1729about 2 months ago

I understand about the knee replacement as I had mine done early December but was lucky enough not to have the complications you experienced. I hope you are well on the way to healing, I will say that after 12 weeks it was worth it.

A great first part to this story and I look forward the the next.

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well done with providing local color without turning it into a travelogue. Saw "The Return of Shannon" coming, but enjoyed how you brought it to us.

An easy ☆☆☆☆☆

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 months ago

Damn! You weave a tale better than Hallmark!

gydcgreen54gydcgreen54about 2 months ago

Not sure why, but I never developed a feeling for the main character; I just don't care what happens to him. The story needs to be more believable, the man more real. This is the first story I've read of yours, I'll try one more.

MVarroMVarroabout 2 months ago

Thank you for this wonderful story, 5*. My best wishes for your reconvalescence.

DrizdartDrizdartabout 1 month ago

Nicely told.

knowing a little bit about the region, I'd say you got it nearly 100% correct. My hesitation is that you didn't clarify just how damn far it is between the locations, giving LOTS of time for conversations in the truck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories