All Comments on 'You're Not Going Anywhere!'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 172 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Doesn't flow

I've enjoyed your other works, but the flow felt jerky and off-pace several times and made it difficult to get into the story or characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
usually don't like the husband as cheater stories

yes silly, I know, but there it is. I did like this one, however. Probably the strength of your writing, but also a good job of portraying two strong characters. (In hubby's case, not strong IN character, rather a strongly written character) Anyway, simply: a good job, fine effort, and I thankyou for this one. I guess I needed a change of pace from the cheating wife. Sure, wifey #2 was the consumate cheater, but she was such a minor character here, that it really didn't matter. Actually, that had been the only weakness of this story. She was little more than a plot device, or obstacle in the way. You gave us only one brief passage to show her mind, and it wasn't enough. Never-the-less, more may have been overkill, if you only needed her to be a stereotype. Finally, it didn't take away much from a very readable, and enjoyable story. Thanks again!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

not a cheater fan and btb is more my style but this one was pretty good. hey, maybe im a fucking sexist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Actually liked it a lot.

Hopefully he can keep it in his pants.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Interesting story.

The premise was good and the ending was believable. She hates him and loves him but time heals all wounds. Well, except in Literotica stories. People seem to enjoy grudges and vengeance and general suffering.

In any event, this could be the story of my life. And now we are going on 10 years.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Sad but true

I have seen too many men make this same mistake. Unfortunately, they do not usually get the second chance and everyone suffers for it. When women cheat, they usually want out of the marriage, and the husband usually cannot accept his wife cheating. Probably because she is the one that actually has the kids and the only one who really knows who the father is. It is just the way we are wired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Apples are not oranges

This story was a miserable failure. What a savage bitch that Olivia is! Men are expected and allowed to cheat on thier wives. It is standard in all cultures except the U.S. for men to have mistresses. Even the Bible sanctions it. The cheating wife is what is evil. She is the harlot that should be burned at the stake. Even if Olivia didn't cheat, she will. Poor Ben is now a wimp of the worst kind. Very bad story.

Zed56Zed56about 11 years ago
I Liked Your Story

Pretty well written and amusing enough in parts to make it flow well. Can't say I agree with the last commenter but.... Good dialogue and I thought Olivai ws a hoot. Way to go.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
lucky

"apples and oranges" pretty much completely sums up the btb crowd so ill second what he said only I'm doing it sarcastically with knowledge of how mysoginistic and fucking stupid that line of thought is.

tangoperutangoperuabout 11 years ago
He will hate her

Unfortunately, this "I'll make him pay" mindset is very common. He would be better just leaving. Yes, he loves her, he hurt her, and she will make him pay. BUT, nobody can pay and keep paying forever, without hope of ever discharging the debt. After a while, her hate will burn all his love, never mind how great the sex and the memories are, and he will leave again.

It's better to be single and alone than married and lonely.

froghillsfroghillsabout 11 years ago
Your preface mentioned being pilloried

Pay no attention to anonymous below; not only is this person afraid to put their handle on their comment so we could review their stories and compare, but anonymous cannot write a coherent critique with any value to you.

The ending was somewhat rushed, and a few hundred more words describing the kiss and the couples reunion in the car would have closed the piece a little better. Expounding on his, and her, inner thoughts and how they felt emotionally as she gave him what he wanted, the kiss, would have been a perfect lead in to a future chapter that would include the erotic make up session that would surely come that evening taking delight in her warm and soft body.

It’s my opinion that you have a very natural talent for writing not only erotica, but probably on any subject. I enjoyed the story very much and liked your development of Olivia. Your flow was good so why not develop the other characters just a bit more to enhance the full picture.

In all, well done, and don’t let the anonymous trolls, with nothing useful to say, stunt your growth as a writer. I’ll be reading your other stories as time permits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Re Anonymous

"Apples and Oranges"

What a dismal wanker this person is!!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
this may be the fucking dumbest thing I have ever read

wow this was just sub human. IT is bad it makes me want to re-read every single Matt Moreau story

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Ok

But the sudden reversal by the wife, her change is not fully substantiated, a bit mystifying. She's going to fuck him over every which way then she is taking jim back because he suggests he is going to off himself, i get it but you erote her with so much anger, is she bipolar?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

No wonder he cheated on her in the first place. I hate cheaters but lord have mercy she might have been the biggest bitch in history. She blames it all on him which he is definitely to blame, but maybe she should stop and think about her toxic attitude. That kind of thing doesn't just happen because someone cheated. She was a shitty person so it was hard to feel sympathy for someone like that.

Ntropy586Ntropy586about 11 years ago
Ugh.

Talk about a jumbled piece of crap! As an author, it is YOUR job to paint a picture that the reader - your audience - can take in and become a part of. You failed, utterly.

If she hates him, then let her hate him. If she loves him but is conflicted, then put some freaking effort into actually **portraying** her plight. But this going back and forth just makes it that much less likely that I'm going to waste any time reading more of your work.

Sorry, but you'll have to get MUCH better before I invest any more time in your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
well done

I liked how you portrayed the duality of each persons feeling. No one feels cut and dry about such complicated matters. We all vacillate between how we thinks we should react and how we truly feel. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
And this is why I dislike cheating husband stories.

The fucking prick always gets away with it, no matter how little he deserves it. Any woman in his place would/should have been tarred and fathered in timeless BTB style. This prick on the other hand, cheats on his wife, marries the whore he cheated with, then when the whore (shocker!) cheats on him, he wants his ex-wife back.

Of course, that's not enough. He spies on his ex-wife, making sure she's chaste for him DESPITE THE FACT THEY"RE NOT MARRIED, not having any other men like that darn old supervisor. He uses his children as a weapon against his wife, lying to them and telling them that she agreed to something she explicitly did not just so that he could get away with something she didn't want.

BTB works both ways. Burn the Bitch. Burn the Bastard. Chrissakes, waiting for that one story where people STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR FUCKING CHEATING HUSBANDS. I mean look at some of the comments in here - despite the fact that the husband acknowledges he was SOLELY in the wrong despite, they still insist it must have been at least partly at fault.

Would they do that if the position were reversed? If Abby the whore had been the original wife, would they have smiled and said, that woman is a cheater sure, but he's PARTLY at fault even if he looks perfect. No. Fucking honorless, hypocritical mysogynists.

Wedding vows are a two-way street.

Three stores for taking what was turning into an awesome reverse-BTB story and making it into the same lousy cuck-wife crap we always see in the rare stories on her where the husband cheats. The dude was guilty as sin; why was he rewarded?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What

Im not sure what happened. All over the place

phill1cphill1cabout 11 years ago
sorry, but...

I fell in love with "the bitch". So full of raw emotion, it made my dick very hard!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Just a chaotic rambling tale..

Only worth a 1.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Loose ends

Abby is a fairly important loose end. He has no evidence, so, unless he has a great pre-nup agreement, she will rake him over the financial coals.

Glad Sweetie finally got enough of her game together. I would have thought Grandmom would have worked on her daughter during the rehab week. That week seems to have been a complete waste. Only possible benefit was that it so thoroughly demoralized Hubby that he acknowledged complete surrender, rarely a good thing in the long run! Maybe since that broke the ice, it will not be terrible in this case!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow a wife taking a cheater back

How come no burn the male bitch comments. Does it only apply to females.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
why he sudden switch

got tired of writing and took easy way out?

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Seems rough

Unpolished, and without a signature moment. I appreciated the originality in this version of a LW story. The initial set-up was interesting. I appreciated the conflicting emotions the ex, Olivia, had vis a vis her ex-husband. However, it was handled with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Seriously, the wife's reactions in from one moment to the next when dealing with the ex-hubby made me thing she was both bi-polar and schizophrenic.

I think it was fitting, at some level, that the story was somewhat muddled and the plot rather herky-jerky. After all, there was a lot of mess and chaos in the aftermath of the infidelity and the divorce, and so this story captured that tone.

The new wife was an afterthought, and absurdly evil. They had been married less than a year, she basically told him she was cheating on him, why bother with a P.I.? Except as a device to get him to talk to the ex-wife, I guess....

4 stars.

tiger46tiger46about 11 years ago
loved it!

Was hoping for a ch 2 but things came to a crashing - yet satisfying conclusion. Especially loved the more realistic view of a real relationship with true to life humans with human emotions.

Please keep giving us more gems such as this.

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
Just didn't make sense to me

Okay he was a cheating ass. Did you have to make her such a bitch? I simply don't see how, after a year, she had such vitriol left and then suddenly ready to take him in and start making babies while he's still married to someone else. Too much Cinderella "happily ever after" for my taste.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Good Tale

But impossible. Consequences are a bitch. He was a cheating jerkoff asshole who married the whore he was screwing. What did he expect, her to be faithful? He blew a good thing with the love of his life and made vows with a slut who fucked for fun and needed a patsy for appearances. I don't have a double standard. I hate all cheaters. All should suffer in pain. Like Oscar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Oddly interesting LW story

4.6 or so... very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hurried a bit, but Good!

A good storyline. DG Hear wrote some like this. Really very rare here.

Why so? that brings us to the comment 'Apples are not oranges' and relentless cbml crowd(bored of calling BTB. Anyway, cantby.. leads the pack by relentlessly leaving comments, a lot.) Wife, Olivia, is a good characterization. He's lucky. God bless Humanity!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Job C

C,

You seem to get it. Great job.

Matt Moreau

RePhilRePhilabout 11 years ago
Perfection in Print! 5 *

Beautifully quirky story. Two things though, keep writing and write another soon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ben was stupid!

He doesn't deserve her back but the children are in need. He'd better spend the rest of his life proving that he was worthy of a second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Difficult to enjoy

To boil it down, he's a cheater, and a weak and shallow man. She's a wounded and vindictive woman, and addicted to being a victim. I don't want to be anywhere close to either of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
That was different

and here different is a good thing. I liked it.

Thanks

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
I can't tell what you were trying to accomplish with this story.

If you were trying to highlight the way that a put-upon spouse often has conflicting emotions, I don't think you were successful. Olivia comes across as being only a RCH short of batshit crazy. Had I been Ben's friend I would have told him to run, not walk, in the opposite direction as fast as possible.

I cannot score this one highly, I'm afraid.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
All 2 Addicted 2 the Drama ?

This was an absorbing read, by & large. The kiss-off scene with Abby ideally should have been inserted for a bit more tang. Basically the husband surrendered unconditionally. Ouch ! An idea of why he strayed in first place would have been enlightening. Abby existed only as a caricature, a straw dog seductress.

In terms of the long term outlook, counseling is needed. Those spasms of anger Olivia is subject to just barely skirt the edges of sanity. She periodically seems this close to Lorena Bobbit-ing the dumb bastard. That being said, the kids have their parents back together, that's not the answer but it's the start of the answer.

They MUST find a way to confine the domestic drama to DVD player & big screen TV. This story is a uncompleted mosaic , but worthy of completion. ****

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

damn if i dont actually like it; and i fucking hate cheaters.

likeboblikebobabout 11 years ago

If this was meant as a weak parody of " Loving Wives" stories then it was decent.If this was supposed to be taken seriously, it flopped.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hi cantbuymy!

I wrote that comment; on a lighter note. Any LW stories, even the sick ones, sometimes you're tricked into reading one, you are one of the early ones to write comments. I read your stories and liked them; some! A lot of anger. Anyway, didn't mean to hurt. Sorry, if you are.

K,

India.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Hey india, no you don't hurt my feelings. i write to get people to feel emotions and rarely feel bad if they dont like them. only two stories pull my own emotions, "Feeding the ducks" and "second chances" and both have nothing to really do with revenge just love, but "second chances" is very dark.

as an aside i am going to do a forgiveness story with a cheating wife, but damn if it isn't difficult. JPB is probably the best when it comes to switching back and forth between BTB and not. but no one is in his class.

shoot me an e-mail, no need to put a return e-mail on it, let me know your thoughts. a few people think they have to put in an e-mail address but it is not necessary.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 11 years ago
I liked this story

Seems to me that hubby paid his dues. I think the Olivia character was portrayed quite well - the opposite of love is apathy not hate and she was still angry but did figure it out when she realized he'd given up. Entertaining and interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
will do, cantbuymy.

Will do.

India.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

A truly enjoyable read. Thank you very much. I especially loved the ending.

Mousse9Mousse9about 11 years ago

This is a rare story where the husband cheats, instead of the wife.

And boy, is he so ever the bastard. He's despicable. He cheats with a fucking blonde bimbo, later MARRIES the bimbo and is hurt that she's cheating on him! Whoopdedoo.

Some have commented that the ex wife must be bipolar, her feelings and thoughts change so much. I don't think that's the case. She loves him and hates him, that pretty much encapsulates how she feels. She's torn.

It doesn't help AT ALL, that he is practically stalking her, checking up on whether she's going out with other guys, constantly trying to get her to take him back. She's never left alone to really think about it.

Worse, he's using the accident HE caused, AND afterward USING their children, to get back into their house. And it works! She takes him back...

Sorry dude, but cheating husband is a scumbag rivaling any of the evil wives in other stories here.

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years agoAuthor
You didn't get it!

I can't believe all this crap! I wrote a story about a wife who put her children ahead of her pride and anger. Of course she loved her weak cheating husband. Love doesn't just die. Love isn't rational. Life isn't rational. How many LWs are there where the husband recounts all his fears, all his doubts. Oh was I big enough, handsome enough, nice enough, was I up to the task? Isn't Olivia asking exactly the same questions, but from the woman's perspective. I'm a man, but my wife has delivered six babies all ranging from 5 to 8 pounds. That's a lot of tonnage coming out of the same place I put it in. Of course we know it returns to form, and if it didn't she could squeeze her legs together a little more tightly, or I could put my legs outside hers. Give Olivia her due; she's willing to take her ungrateful shitbird back. Why; because she loves her children, and yes she loves him too. Will she ever forget? Never. Will she throw his conniving ways up to him? Of course! Will he take it? Absolutely! Her asshole husband finally figured which side of the bread had the butter on it. This was a great marriage that floundered and then broke, but Olivia is willing to try again, and her stupid husband is damn glad of it. I have high hopes for these two, and no bullshit. They're my people. I made them up. If I want them to live happily ever after, with the expected reminders from Olivia how he fucked this up once, that's OK!

Honestly, some of you comment writers are stupid assholes. Go back and read my second LW story, the one where the husband hired his brother's motorcyle gang to carry out some of the most despicable deeds imaginable. Didn't any of you get the murderous husband was a school teacher? He could be teaching your children right now! Jesus, the NRA wants to arm guys like him! carvohi

mwfsharonmwfsharonabout 11 years ago
I gave you *****

And I did get it

Thanks for writing

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
No double standard!

5*****

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
A twist...

with hubby trying to work his way back.

tough trick, you did good pulling it off.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Double standard nonetheless but redemption is always good

The story felt real with a double standard looming it still worked for me. Hey we're all not fit for life's rigors and fall less than acceptable to our own standard let alone our spouse's. Reuniting kids to their parents in earnest is always nice redemption is nice. The author never rationalized the cheating husband's behavior leading to the destruction of his marriage. The author never justified to the reader the reason he should've redeemed or forgiven. The ending was a blitz and it felt very rushed. All in all, it was a nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good one.

But knowing her like he did, when she told him she'd NEVER forgive him, he should have stuck with his original plan. Sell the business, divorce Abby and RUN FOR THE HILLS. Nothing worse than having to live with a woman that's angry at you - forever.

verbicideverbicidealmost 11 years ago
LMAO

This was so real and so true that I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the end. There truly is no fury like that of a woman scorned...except a woman scorned with whom you have to live.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Pulled off a nice turn around -

She knew she needed him and he knew he needed her - they were both too proud to acknowledge it -

She found a way to make her get what she needed and what he wanted - well done!!

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Meh!

What do you call a women wimp?

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
The Husband Handbook

After all those "And's" you forgot to add a few well spaced "Yes dears". Likeable story. Really funny at the end.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
Let me see, psycho ex who will torment him forever, cheating ice queen wife who...

...is just using him, and stupid ex-husband who actually goes from one of these shrews to the other. Lock them all in a room and let Nature take its course. I predict no survivors and the human race will be better for it. Oh, wait, it's just a story, that's right, but sadly, there are people like this in RL, who truly qualify for Darwin Awards. No great loss to humanity. Seriously, intense, fascinating story, Carvohi, but I can't honestly like any of the characters. You did a great job of developing a plot and real, raw emotions, but I just can't fathom that kind of twisted cruelty, from Abby, Ben, or Olivia. I feel sorry for the kids with parents like that.

Ben would do better to go for joint-custody, challenge the illegal sting, have the private eye tossed in the clink, and find a different private eye (how the hell can he trust this guy) to catch Abby, just so he can avoid paying through the nose. Cheating is wrong, but so is this kind of lunacy. Ben fucked up and paid the price, as he should. He shouldn't have to pay forever, but if he's dumb enough to return to the psycho ex, he will. Even my most vicious payback stories never have the jilted spouse, man or woman, treat their unfaithful spouses in such a cruel manner. Payback is supposed to be TEMPORARY, to redress the balance. Not permanent. That's the problem with Hell. Endless torment is not justice, it's cruelty. Just desserts are temporary by their very nature. They are finite, not infinite.

Hell, Jan from "Bubba's Bitches" got a better deal than poor Ben, and she has to take it in the ass as part of a harem. Mostly because Bubba is likely to cool down in spite of his threats and eventually forgive her. Not drop the others, but still forgive her. When the cheater has a worse fate than Jan, that's saying a lot. You made Bubba look sane by comparison.

If you can't forget or forgive, there's an easier solution and a more equitable: never getting back together.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Double standard is in rare form from the commenters

I am floored by the comments on this story. The double standard assholes have spoken!!!! When I wife cheats, they expect the husband to go nuclear with a scorched earth mentality. They comment that they are glad that he isn't a wimp. In this story, the husband cheats, MARRIES THE BITCH THAT HE CHEATED WITH, and manipulates the kids to try to get a foot in the door. The assholes reading this story actually call her a bitch and say that she shouldn't be so angry!!! Really? C'mon guys. I know that some of you have to be smarter than that. I have a little respect for the commenter who at least admitted that he was a sexist. The rest of you need to get your heads out of your asses.

extemporeextemporeover 10 years ago
The human condition!

Thank you for this far from perfect but perfectly enjoyable story. It's a beautiful example of how people bumble clumsily through life and, at least once in a while, make things turn out right, eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Okay story about reconciliation

But Olivia seemed to dislike him more then she liked him. And he was still married to another woman. I think that when he's had a chance to think about it, he does decide to get away from both women. Pack his things and move a LONG ways away. His current wife is going to continue to cheat and Olivia has already announced her plans to make him miserable. Time to get out of Dodge! Bitches be crazy.

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years agoAuthor
about the immediately preceeding anonymous comment...

Where's your brain. His first wife is madly insanely in love with the cheating bastard. She wants him back terribly, but she's so hurt and angry she's unable to manage her feelings. Sure she wants to punish him, but she loves the hell out of him. Her whole closing monologue is a ruse, she's going to love the shit out of the guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Karma, Ben

When you marry the slut you cheated with and then she cheats on you, that's Karma.

I'm saddened that your ex would ever consider even being in the same State, let alone back in her house.

ramonbrookramonbrookabout 10 years ago
Let me tell you .....

I LOVED THE STORY! My wife and I have discussed this scenario a few times and we both agree that if either of us made a mistake and had a one time fling, that we would forgive each other. So I didn't think Olivia made a mistake by taking him back.

However from my perspective, I was happy Olivia took him back and I would like for you to take more time with this twist and not hurry it up to finish the story. I'm a SUCKER FOR A HAPPY ENDING and the abrubtness took away my enjoyment of their reunion.

Don't get me wrong .... I loved the story .... Gave it 5 (wish I could give it a 10).

I'm looking forward to earring your other works!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
CRAP

This story was a waste. I would have hires a couple of Black or Mexican ladies to beat the ever loving SHIT out the foul mouthed bitch of his first wife. Broke arms, legs, broke jaw and a big baseball bat up her sorry ass nasty cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Up to your usual standards

a solid 1*

DjshengDjshengabout 10 years ago
10/10

This is an amazing read

patilliepatillieabout 10 years ago
Now that's the Carvohi I know and love

Really liked the story. Good stuff, thx for the entertaining read.

rick_ohrick_ohalmost 10 years ago
Olivia is

one sick puppy.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
NO MATTER THE OUTCOME

he is a STUPID FOOL. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The author....

...set up a great story for a 3 chapter tale with about 5 pages per chapter.

I wasted my time reading a partial tale.

dahlingdolldahlingdollover 9 years ago
Amazing double standard

The cheating husband's punishment is that he'll spend the rest of their marriage making it up to him and it's called torment. Torment according to one commenter that is worse than physical/sexual violence while being cheated on with a harem.

MisterBillBillyMisterBillBillyover 9 years ago
Hey, what kink of drugs do you take ? ?

You have a weird way of thinking for all your stories ! !

bill.....5s

MortonGrangeMortonGrangeover 9 years ago
Enjoyed this notwithstanding

I liked this because it's fun and dares to be different. I felt it was muddled while I was reading it - set off in one direction and then veered off somewhere else - but it did eventually come together. I couldn't quite fix what the characters were about and in consequence they continually did the unexpected. It's difficult to call this a fault as it contributes to the fun. Some commentators (don't they always) claim the story is not complete. I'm not sure because, I guess, I don't know what you, Carvohi, were trying to achieve. A classic ending involves a bad situation being put right - is that what has happened? - or the protagonist at least becoming wiser. I'm not sure that either husband or wife has learned anything and if there is a failure to provide closure it is because the wife's terms for getting back together don't sound realistic. Hence this reads like Chapter One: How we got back together and did right by the children. And we're left to imagine Chapter Two: How history repeats itself because dumb humans don't learn from their mistakes.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Loved it, but...

I was called away when I was in the middle of page 3. That gave me time to reflect. Was I enjoying the story because the cheating husband was getting a second chance? Was it because he was telling the story? Why am so quick to burn the bitch when she is the cheater? Is it because the wronged husband is always telling that story?

Thank you, Carvohi, for making me think about these things.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
the ending ruined the story, rushed and prior to his divorce made her the fellow adulterer

really not a good ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A very different sort of reconciliation. Really complicated by his second marriage.

Granted that the second marriage is not good, still, he's married. And the first wife is acting as an accomplice in the termination of that second marriage, while decrying the loss of her first marriage. Seems contradictory and hypocritical. I would have expected the first wife to demand a resolution of the marriage with Abby before agreeing to any reconciliation with her. Abby was a cheating whore, but it sounds like she was simply being the person he originally married. So even though Abby is cheating she owes him some apology for marrying her while not really wanting and loving her. I think with a more considerate and mature evaluation of what each person really wants, the story ends exactly the same. Just with more class and maturity. I know, BORING!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well written little tale but

You rushed to the end and with him still married I don't see how Olivia was suddenly going to put aside his cheating, put aside his still being married and suddenly decide to take him back. And it seemed to be a far, far stretch that the Police would go to his house that quickly to arrest him over her minor complaint - an unsubstantiated complaint at that. A cute story to be sure but the ending just seemed contrived and implausible.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE FRYING PAN WASNT HOT ENOUGH SO HE TRIED THE FIRE

that didn't work so he jumped back in the pan. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The ending seemed rushed ,

Now we have a male adulter going back to his first wife. After he messes up twice and hurts his kids. So she gave in and took him back. Maybe he k

Learned his lession what a waste.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
cardboard characters

And kids are not furniture in a plotline at least try and make them realistic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good and believable...

Until the end. It ruined the story for me. I knew that you wanted to make them get back together. I was in his corner until the end. Then the story deflated for me.

ImHappynBPImHappynBPalmost 9 years ago
You know . . .

I've been married for 53 years and married people have stories to tell. There has been a lot of pain and forgiveness in each year. It's fun to read about other couples that agonize over stupid moment.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 9 years ago
A punishment !!!

At last,truly A Punishment To Fit The Crime. Damn good story,really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work !!!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
an interesting take on the RAAC format

He cheated, she kicked him out, they both regretted his stupidity, but neither was willing to admit the reality they lived in.

As a confirmed member of the Burn the Bastard brigade, I am happy with this ending.

thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hmmm as I said in the past

My lifetime btb membership card is questioned when I was rooting for the cheating bastard to raac hmm can see the sexism in my thought process

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“That was when he told her it was only sex. She really erupted then, he remembered how she'd cried out, 'You were supposed to only have sex with me!’”

Hmm, isn’t that the same excuse that the cuckold husband’s are supposed to accept from their cheating wives?

“She knew God damned well there wasn't that much wrong with him.”

Huh? His knee gets bent in, and his head hits the pavement and there’s “blood everywhere”, but there wasn’t that much wrong with him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent

More like real life. Even the comments agree even though that was not their intention. One anonymous said good another said bad. one said up and the other said down. Both characters wrestling with their own desires, fears hates mistakes and loves. Even the children conflicted. That's the way with mankind . Good Work

gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Real Life Again

Not a bad story and the ending is plausible. The wife needed an event to help get past her anger. She was pissed and rightfully so. He was remorseful and wanted a second chance. When it seemed he wasn't going to get it, he did what he thought was best and leave her so she could start again. That shocked her out of her blinding rage. As Carvohi stated her verbal bashing at the end was her way of saying "I'm still pissed, but we'll get through it together and I still love you.

This is one of Carvohi's better ones.

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
ashley madisons stats

out of 36million accounts hacked only 12,000 were female. ya women do cheat, but the nums & history have always showed more men cheat, but i do know its treated as a bigger deal if a woman cheated.

i cant say if this story were true would he stay faithful? the old adage has rung true a many times,"once a cheater......always".

if the man truly loves olivia and want her happiness first, then the kids, then their relationship & family as a whole, then maybe he may have the courage to climb this mountain. we cheat because we dont respect that person, there will also be other reasons,but respect will be at the core.

yet lost respect can be regained in time, but trust lost cannot, well atleast its very difficult ,why? coz it is replaced with sense of betrayal & humiliation

Richie4110Richie4110over 8 years ago
Loved your story

Felt real, well developed and the characters were well defined. Thanks for a great read. Hope you will continue to entertain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
this sucked

big time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved it 5*

Nice ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Would have liked a longer version

Gave it a 4 but would have really liked everything to be more fleshed out.

Lots of loose ends and questions left up in the air.

I'm super curious about Olivia's boss and that dynamic. Did they just date or get intimate?

How will that play out?

How was Abbey dealt with?

The mother and sister in law seemed pretty bent on Ben's destruction.

I liked it but really could have used more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I like your stories, but additional punctuation would be great.

Run on sentences without commas require the reader to back up and re-read the sentence to figure out what you are saying.

Commas are often overused -- not a problem in your case. Please think through your phrases and set them off with commas where appropriate.

That said, keep the stories coming. Thank you.

Best regards,

Wally

stev2244stev2244over 7 years ago
Very nice

I enjoyed it a lot. Well written. 5*

bigtexas1976bigtexas1976over 7 years ago
cheese, anyone?

Yes...cheesy. Cheesy is good sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Feelgood story

So here is the opposite of the cheating wife story that gets so much bad publicity. Where the wife takes back a cheating husband and yet no comments she should have killed or seeked some sort of btb revenge. I also like the male accepting the cheating wife back as long as the story carrries the weight of honesty of regret. Not many story tellers write that as well as this tale. 4*

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One Word

Pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ frequent visitor

I regularly return to your submissions when I am in the mood for a clever and amusing story

I have yet to be disappointed

√&√

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DON'T YOU WISH YOU GET A CHANCE WITH THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuken tastic story! I loved it that's what matters most to me. Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! Love you all! GREG OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very clever twist. *****

For a LW story, this is pretty fun and sweet . I've read this story numerous times and probably read it again sometime later. It's a feel good story. I like the wife's attitude and the way she gets back at her husband. *****

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous