All Comments on 'You're Still Young'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

The husband was way too passive about the game.

If my wife openly disrespected me by inviting some asshole I hated to a house party, I'd bring the entire thing to a screeching halt right then and there.

Rob put up with a ridiculous amount of crap from Emma and all the douchebags at their party. And licking the guy's frozen cum lolly... wtf was that gay shit?

-

The ending wasn't particularly satisfying either. Rob didn't get direct revenge on Troy for destroying his marriage, and there was no final confrontation with Emma. At the very least, he should have bumped into Emma two decades later, with her now being a lonely, depressed, burned out whore, who bitterly regretted ruining her marriage to a decent, loving husband.

jaythemanjaythemanabout 1 year ago

As someone who grew up in Michigan, thanks for the trip. The most unrealistic part of the story is that there was no Euchre. The husband should have seen it sooner and definitely should have stopped before the wanking. Thanks for the story.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 1 year ago

Well written but totally unsatisfying. Husband not proactive enough, read wimp. There are times to fight even if you know you are going to lose, he didn't and that makes him a wimp. Revenge is not about what your opponent can do but about what you can do them. Both Ron and the fucker should have learned that lesson. ***

JustanotherdirtyoldmanJustanotherdirtyoldmanabout 1 year ago

I heard Cat Stevens describe the origins of the song.

The song was intended as part of a musical that he was writing at the time. The conversation in the song is between a Father and Son at the cusp of the Bolshevik Revolution. The son wants to go off and fight while his father tries to convince him to "Take your time, think a lot, think of everything you've got."

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3about 1 year ago

A milquetoast protagonist, and an ending that just kind of fizzled out.

Opinionated1Opinionated1about 1 year ago

Are men in this generation really like this? When Troy showed up at the party unexpectedy with Emma's tacit approval, a real man would have tossed his and maybe her ass out.

Maybe this is why we hear all this crap on the news about men who act like women..

Is it true? Hundreds of stories on LIT describing men with very feminine traits.

Geez dude stand up for yourself and stop being such a pussy!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 1 year ago

Everybody got a full name, regardless if We-The-Readers would ever hear from him/her again, or even when introduced. Turns out, there were several who needed to be named. Maybe 15-20 percent.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

Wow this is pretty bad. This is a story of a very weak and pathetic individual.

.

Throughout the whole suicide game the husband Sees a number of signs that something funny and dangerous was going on and that his wife is acting as an evil psychotic bitch . And yet he does nothing.

.

The very idea that he would let Troy participate in their private group. is impossible to explain given the husband's stated animosity towards him.

.

And what about ron? What happened to the supposed beating that the husband was going to give him for defending troy so troy could fuck his wife?

.

It's pretty obvious Why emma was fucking Troy all this time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Look before you leap and learn to know who you can really trust. What BS, especially to eat your own frozen popsicle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good lord!! My IQ dropped 10 points reading this tripe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just another one of your stories about a weak wimp. Maybe you should watch the TV series Yellowstone to get an idea on how real men deal with people that try to shit on them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't understand. He is at home, he can put them outside at any time.

He can stop the game whenever he wants.

But he does nothing. He does not act and suffers the plot.

While they are in his house???

In the end, it is he himself who does not respect himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was very unemotional!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If the girl you meet is fantastic at sex then enjoy her BUT never marry her She is fantastic with EVERY one (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was a lot of pages to get through a completely cookie-cutter story, man. I kept hoping in vain for a little originality... but more the fool me.

offkilter123offkilter123about 1 year ago

Not sure how to rate this one. It’s well written but unsatisfying.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

So thoroughly unlikable. Jesus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ron had to drop trou for 30 seconds. Proof read, did we forget? ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cwg is great at telling the "slow burn". I enjoyed the tale a lot. The MC could have been more decisive when the game was clearly going south.... but that's part of the moral about youth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

you jumped to many sharks. To bad because, I'm usually a fan

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 year ago

If you were willing to accept hand jobs from other people, drink other people's piss, lick their frozen sum and wash your hair in their poo, then they probably had a good reason to believe that becoming a groveling cuckold wouldn't be a big stretch.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

People make stupid choices no matter what their age!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A 9mm works wonders against a Jujitsu expert. Just sayin'. Troy and Ron both needed to be made an example of.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was good but for the torturefest done to the main character this deserved a much stronger ending. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was no wife, and those were no friends!

But this IS a shit story!

Frank66Frank66about 1 year ago

Some stories, even tho well written, just leave you frustrated. So much potential, with so much immature foolishness. Everyone at the party, his friends, members of their wedding party, all of them were okay with breaking up their marriage and ruining their lives? And all with the childish excuse that 'it was just a game'? Everyone from Junior High on knows that aint true. Such an improbable story plot ruins it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would have given it 5 but at times when he could and should have stopped the game. He just let it play out.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 1 year ago

Not enough retribution but interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Boy this one suck. Never sell out to what others think or do. If it is wrong to you it's wrong. Be glad you got a devorice from your slut ex-wife.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 year ago

For once I agree with the anons

This was a shit story

Texican1830Texican1830about 1 year ago

I was in my twenties in the 70s, and, yes, there was a lot of experimentation, but men like Troy with obviously evil intentions weren’t given free reign. As soon as the MC saw the trap they set he should have smoothly taken action.

“Excuse me, I’ve gotta go pee”. Return with your baseball bat and give them 10 seconds to GTFO!

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 1 year ago

He starts by saying how he never caves to peer pressure...thennnnnn the bulk of the story is him caving.

For real...a cumcicle?

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

Good story!!!!! I would have loved more detail at the vengeance part....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it but…..I hated the MC and his naive/ignorant behavior in response to an absolutely disrespectful and, as proved to be, adulterous wife. How and why he put up with that shit for so long was just head scratching.

.

And while it was nice you gave readers a last second epilogue about how this fool met and married Rachel and had a happy life…why couldn’t you have thrown readers a bone about how awful Emma’s life turned out?

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

First things first. What kind of Darwin Award Finalists play a "GAME" that involves dirty swirlies as a punishment? The very nature of the game itself is enough to be off-putting and offensive to any NORMAL adult. Then there is Rob, Rob is a straight up imbecile! He had so many tells leading up to this game night that as soon as he stepped through the door of his trailer and saw Troy there he should have armed up for war! Add to what he already knew and saw he should have at the least pulled his potential allies outside for a quick conference and detailed to them what he was seeing and his suspicions regarding Emma's collusion with Troy. He should have said he suspected Troy of stacking the deck of cards. He could have arranged a hand sign, code word, or tapped the number of the person around the room who he suspected would was going to get the key cards next. When Troy finally exposed himself as a card cheating, group manipulating douchebag the others should have backed Rob up and shut Emma down for her obvious culpability in Troy's scheme. And then that garbage about Troy being a Jujitsu expert was out of left field. A personality type like Troy would have made sure everybody knew of his prowess in the martial arts. They would have known this about the douche and prepared for it. Bottom line, real friends on all accounts, Brian, Doug, Ron and Cathy. They all should have had Rob's back and they failed him. Rob should have had personal payback on Troy. The crap Troy pulled, interfering in Rob's marriage, setting up and rigging the game, having sex with Emma, causing Rob and Emma's divorce, using and losing Emma in Las Vegas. Troy should have lost his balls for that. If more of that was the result of the actions of Troy then there would be fewer Troys in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

MC Hubby's first mistake, was not knocking his whoring slut wife on her ass, when she dodged the question of who Troy was to to her, and why was she alone with him?

Second mistake was, when wifey rolled her eyes and sneered and then got on her high-horse ordering him around, he should've busted her up!

Third and worst mistake hubby made, was ever agreeing to "the game" in his home, in the first place! This, since he KNEW Troy was the one who told Emma and instigated the whole sick fucking thing!

I will agree, this couple was horridly mismatched...

The story was okay, well written, but I couldn't give it more than four stars...sorry.

You let the MC hubby cuck himself, when the truth was staring him right in the face, the whole time! He didn't need to see where the first night with Troy in his home for the party, was going, he already KNEW!

Sorry, I couldn't force myself to vote any higher, though this story was fairly well written...

Like many others here, I hate, vehemently detest cuck, or cucked wife or husband stories! Not much of a fan of stories about alternative for shit lifestyles either...

Well them're my comments, IMO...I'm outta here!

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Typical

Pussy husband, he should have gone and got a gun to even things out or a baseball bat. It was a let down typical pussy husband leaves instead of going after all of them especially ron.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Helluva story. Play stupid games win stupid prizes

MordrigMordrigabout 1 year ago

Another woman hating tale told as if it is erotica in the "Loving Wivbes" Category, and these other morons agreeing and egging him on to more violence. Sad and sickening.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I truly hate this kind of idiotic story.

Why play the game the first time? Why continue a relationship with a wife who has so little respect and is clearly encouraging another guy? Why go along with her eye rolling and total disrespect to his reasonable concerns? Why could he not have seen what she was and not married her in the first place?

The wimpy MC got exactly what was coming to him.

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

Nice story but he should have checked out as soon as she started pulling her bullshit. But then again, there wouldn’t have been much of a story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

For the naysayers of this story, I had a couple friends very similar to Rob and Emma and they did similar stuff. Was it doomed for failure? Hell yes. Did their marriages fail? Hell yes. It's a classic example of two "kids" getting married way too early and behaving like they weren't married. While I'd love to give this top scores, there was some gaps in the plot presentation that keeps me from it. 4*

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Just so everyone knows I'm 80 and believe in marriage, one woman and one man. A marriage is two people with no room for anymore. The games they were playing could have no other ending then where it did. When my wife told me she just fell out of love and in the next breath said "I just want to go out there and look around, but if it doesn't work out can I come back?" End of marriage and I guess it worked out for her, I lost a cheating wife and two young daughters, they still don't know why we got a divorce some 40 years later. Pretty good story he never should have married her or played the games.

Singular1912Singular1912about 1 year ago

Good story. Could do with a sequel following the lives of the other characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All you had to do was say hell no at the very beginning. No sympathy for wimpy cuckold.

You play you pay.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Pretty good story. but why is the cuckold always so effing dumb. Before Femdom agitprop, I have known two low-life couples like this. If it were not so sad, it would be comical.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I call bullshit. The party would have never started. He said don't ever have him in my house and she did right after that. Any sane man would have thrown them both out right there. Way to unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Huh? Did the story have an ending, or did the author just get bored with it?

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

How many stupid points do we award this time. Card game, wife started dealing but mc did not know what to do, how about sweeping all off the table? Home video equipment did not exist i n the 1970's. None of this possible unless mc has single digit iq and cannot walk and breathe at same time. Writers mc fits that decription. Stories that pres t a main character as so incredibly stupid are not good to read., pretty much drivel here.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I couldn't keep up with the story- maybe just the stupidity. Wife goes planning with another guy for a sexual card game +, invites that guy over knowing her husband doesn't like him. The husband, when things start going south, doesn't seem to know what to do. Wife's saying her fucking the guy for 3min is part of the game, as planned, & dismisses/ belittles her hubby's wishes. Just a bad story in the end & sorry I even started to read this. Lastly, where did Rachel come from? 2 lines in the story. 1 star Bob

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

So many immature characters not adults by any measure. Maybe he grew up, or maybe he just grew less adolescent. Either way, it's hard to feel sorry for him.

willyk1212willyk1212about 2 months ago

ok read but not to belivable

cruzer1955cruzer1955about 2 months ago

it ws just okay. at least the MC walked away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Got to be a Yankee thing something about all the cold weather and sa!t crazy mannnnnn!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not a good story. Wasn't well written at all. BardnotBard

deependerdeepender21 days ago

Gross and rampant stupidity.

mfj77mfj7716 days ago

Pathetic. Troy, Ron and Emma all got off too lightly.

At least received some retribution.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Only good part of the story was the explanation of the Cat Stevens song. That would have made a 5 star story by itself but the story was just sick. MC should have shut down the party as soon as it became clear the cards were stacked.

Calico75Calico75about 2 hours ago

I hate dares and pranks and bets in stories and in real life. Bad things happen and innocent people are just supposed to take it. Yuck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...