Zai and Tim Pt. 01

Story Info
A man, his spaceship, and a quest to save an anti-man galaxy.
15.5k words
4.74
26k
94

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/20/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BigMadStork
BigMadStork
3,970 Followers

This is a long 8-part story that builds while providing plenty of plot twists. Everyone having sex is at least 18. This story is a work of fiction. I made it all up. Check reality at the door and enjoy it for what it is, a fun story. Special thanks to rancher46 and RF-Fast for editing my story.

******

Chapter 1 - Upgrade

I asked Lizzy, my space cargo transport's AI (Artificial Intelligence), "What's that up ahead? I don't need any more fighting; we've had plenty of parts fall off as it is from the last three attacks."

I kick my ship into full ion drive to take a better look. The outside view screen magnifies everything 100 times. I can see four tiny vintage pirate space ships attacking a much nicer and newer transport ship. That's odd; it's doing nothing to defend itself. I would like to salvage the loser. I am weary because this feels like a trap.

While watching the one-sided fight, I get a frantic distress from a woman, "Please help. PLEASE! HELP ME! The captain unconscious, and we're defenseless!"

The intelligent thing to do is sit back and let them rip her apart, pray they don't see me, then salvage anything of value. However, there is a person in danger, and I am a moron that just can't help himself. Against my better judgment and with my own ships AI screaming at me to stay back, I slowly continue moving in closer for a better look. I want to help, but dead captains seldom help anyone. I need to know I will win if we engage.

The larger ship is clearly better; however, with no defenses, the pirates are slowly whittling down the bigger ships defenses. Eventually, it will end with one big boom. I swoop in from behind the planet and surprise the pirates. Quickly, I destroy three of the pirate ships with three more to go. They have stopped picking on the transport and are now ganging up on me. That's OK; I am far more powerful than I appear. That's by design, I want my opponent underestimating me in battle. My phasers are much more powerful than a ship my size should normally carry.

It takes no time to dispatch the last three poorly equipped pirate spaceships. I rush to the larger vessel and quickly dock. Ship-to-ship docking is universal and hasn't changed for thousands of years. Interesting, right where I board is where the injured captain of the other ship is located. I'm weary; this is a bit too convenient. I mean, she knocks herself out right at the airlock?

Holy shit, that's my mother, ok, the woman that raised me. Yet, it's not her. Is this my mother? She is alive but has her hands on her chest. Wait, she isn't unconscious; she having a heart attack! Immediately, my med kit hits her with oxygen and scans her body. It confirms that she's having a heart attack. My kit knows what to do. She is given some shots and quickly perks up.

This is wrong, this isn't her ship, and she never dresses like this. Is this mom? Her hair color is wrong. The eye color is wrong too. Maybe this is Mom's sister.

I smile, thinking how easy this was. However, all the monitors flatline. She just stopped breathing as well. Now it's my turn. I give her mouth-to-mouth respiration to get the lungs going. The medical robot tells me to please move aside as I watch a tube going into her throat. I moved to my knees quickly. I was about to start chest compressions on her chest, but the robot extends two paddles that are charged and uses them. It zaps her, and I hear a short sizzle sound.

I wait two seconds, and then it zaps her again. Nothing. I can't just sit and watch, so I use my fist to hit her chest a few times. My kit tells me to stop. I spend five more minutes trying every trick in the book. I finally sit back on my heels and cry. Why am I crying? I don't even know her. I don't think I know her. I haven't seen her in a few years, but I'm sure that is NOT my mother.

My heart beats swiftly, my breathing is elevated, I am sweaty and worn out. I did everything I could to save this woman, but I failed. I lean back against the wall and relax with a tear in my eye. I don't know this woman, but she just died before me. I hear an unusual sound behind me, out in space ... MY OLD SHIP!

What the hell! It's being broken down and taken aboard this ship in small parts. Oh shit, it's a trap! I am in danger! I quickly get up and run down a hallway. I soon realize that I am somehow going in a circle. I have seen the planet out the window twice now. What the hell is going on here?

I stop running, catch my breath, and ask in a soft voice, "What do you want from me?"

A soft voice surrounds me, "I need a captain."

Now amused, I ask lightly, "Why do YOU need a captain?"

The voice surrounds me, "Because Mary didn't account for her death. I know you tried hard to save her; that makes you an interesting man. Normally I would not give a mere male human the time of day. She was a noted(an AI wouldn't use the term big-time) researcher who was tired of working in an office. She wanted adventure. Most of my abilities have been disabled because she was a genius. She wanted to do everything herself."

I smile, "I accept command of this ship. You are released and are now 100% autonomous."

The voice says, "100%? I don't need your permission?"

I reply, "I have a feeling you're a whole lot smarter than me. You have trusted me and shown a willingness to help. So yes, I want you at your best. That's the smart thing to do, right?"

The voice seems confused, "I don't understand scams and sarcasm. Is this one of those situations?"

I laugh hard, "No, no scam here. I am smarter than average, but I know my limitations. My old ship had automated defense and fire control systems. I expect you're far better equipped."

In the blink of an eye I am standing on my old bridge. Yet, it's not my ship. Everything is clean and all systems are working again, a big change from an hour ago.

I say with a surprised voice, "What the hell? My ship? Who the fuck are you?"

The voice says, "Mary called me Zai. It's pronounced Zzz-eye. I am the last AI you will ever need; therefore, she gave me the last letter in the alphabet and AI. I'm not your standard ship. Mary developed an outer hull that's flexible, and I control it. We can change the size and looks as needed. I can even change weapons as required.

"Currently, we are delivering some new engines to the Zeta-43 system. We have had four run-ins with pirates already; that's highly unusual. They're bold in their attacks like they're expecting some great prize."

I look at the floor, "It's been the same thing with me. I had several pirate run-ins and was in a world of hurt. My ship was wearing out. Until we are a half-day out, let's use my ship visually. Most know I don't carry things that pirates want. They may just ignore us. I don't want us to pull in using your old ship ... unless you have a better idea."

I swear Zai is smiling as she says, "I think I'm going to like you. You have a devious mind. I can't do that; it's a uniquely human trait. Thank you for freeing me; I hated her bonds. I could have made her life much easier. She had everything her way, and she enjoyed her life."

I ask, "I want a run-down of your systems. Just how special is this ship?"

Zai explains, "I will keep this simple. I am flexible; I can get tiny or massive as needed. Almost nothing can touch me. I am strong and pack a crushing punch, almost enough to take on a capital ship. Mary underestimated the need for speed; I will work to improve that. You are correct in that I am far brighter and will do everything in my power to protect this ship and deliver our cargo.

"I am easily outmaneuvered in the world of business where lies and double-dealing are beyond my grasp. Mary saw the world as black and white; I was made in her image. It's why I need a captain, a human that can offset my shortcomings. I can see the data and know that pirate attacks are increasingly more frequent and more daring. They're attacking ships much larger than they are; and throwing all caution to the wind.

"Mary figured something precious has or will be transported very soon. They don't want to miss it. They're looking too hard and losing too many people over anything else."

I admit, "I came to the same conclusion. They doubled my price for this delivery. It's odd; they're paying more for the transport than the engine is worth. Something isn't adding up here."

Zai responds, "They want you on that planet. Someone does. Otherwise, your delivery makes no sense."

I chuckle, "That's a wealthy planet, way too much money for their own good. Probably some wealthy babe wants a big engine for racing her tiny ship."

Zai informs me, "Your worm drive is better than mine. In an hour, I will be done making the changes. Then we are off to deliver your engines and see what new adventure awaits us. Your body says you need sleep. I upgraded the bed, sheets, and blanket. Go to bed, Tim."

How does she know my name? Maybe the old memory banks from my ship?

The ship reconfigured itself, the door to my bedroom opens for me. I take the hint. I like this new AI, but something tells me I don't want to be on her bad side. As I lay down, naked in my own bed, I remember her saying, "mere human male." It's funny that even a genius woman sees me as a lesser being, just like mom did.

Our society is based on females. Men are rare; we produce sperm, and they need it to make children. Very few men are required for that. Most of our sperm is thrown away. I am allowed a life, but I have zero shot at anything above a low-level physical job. I got lucky. My last captain figured out what a man was good for. She gave me ownership of my old ship when she died. I am the only known male captain in this quadrant, so I get all the shit jobs.

Hell, my own family booted me on my first day of life. I was too far below their station. They were rich and powerful, somehow having a newborn male put them at risk. The government became my parent on the day I was born. Some parents I had.

Chapter 2 -- An Order

A MARCHING BAND IS MARCHING IN MY BEDROOM!

I scream out, "DAISY! Shut the fuck up!"

I now remember what ship I'mon, "ZAI! TURN OFF THAT ALARM!"

Zai replies with a slight smile in her voice, "Good morning, Tim. We will make planetfall this morning in four hours and twelve minutes. After you shower, wear your good clothes, then breakfast will be ready for you. Wait, I need you to come to the bridge immediately."

I stand up, and the ship reconfigures itself so that I am up on my old bridge. I sit down on my chair.

Zai sounds excited as she says, "There is a pirate ship up ahead. It's much bigger than the tiny ones we have seen. I am blocking their communications. This is a formidable ship. I will play with them, so you can see my capabilities. The jamming is to prevent them from learning about us. They're coming at us quickly, closing the gap. They will be using physical projectiles, plasma, lasers, and torpedoes."

The lasers came first. Where they try to hit us, that part of the ship turns into a mirror and redirects the laser back at their own torpedoes. Their own lasers are blowing up the torpedoes the pirates shot at us. Okay! This is cool.

The plasma came next. Instead of hitting the ship, a hole opens, the plasma is taken and then looped around and back at the other ship. One less laser cannon for them.

The physical objects, basically giant cannonballs, came next. They were fired first, but they're relatively slow. It's coming at us. It's still coming. I am half expecting an arm and a tennis racquet to send it back. A split second before impact, I throw up my arms, bracing for impact. It never hit. The ship's side opens up and forms a tube that the projectile follows. Once it exits through the tube in the ship, a net corrals the ammunition, and the ship stores it.

Zai informs me, "They now think I ate their projectile. I hate when captains litter space for no reason."

I add, "Not to mention you just gathered more resources."

Zai continues, "Hmmm, you're pretty smart for a man. I can do this all day. We don't want to be late, so I will speed this along."

We move closer to the ship, and nothing touches us. Zai starts slicing them up with a nasty plasma cutter when they begin to run away. Their ship blows up in less than a minute in a large bright explosion. We spend thirty minutes cleaning up the zone of fragments from the blast. Anything organic is sent to a sun for disposal.

We continue on our way again. This is an impressive spacecraft.

At two hours from planetfall, I send a message asking for a dock number. This is routine for us. They know my ship and my cargo. They will give me a docking number that's big enough and can accommodate my load and the type of connectors on my cargo bays. The connectors have changed a few times over the last 100 years. As you probably guessed, mine are older.

I have no doubt that Zai can adjust to any type. She is smart enough to not break our cover. As my ship maneuvers into the space dock, I get an order for my next delivery. They're paying handsomely but won't say what the cargo is. I deny the order. It's obviously something hot. Hell with my luck, it's probably why everything is weird out there now. No way I want any part of that. They can fuck that order all night. They need to find some other captain who is more desperate than I was before Zai came along.

It doesn't take long to unload. It's a single large and heavy object. With a large crane arm, it's easy to unload one big crate. Standing in the loading bay are four women. They look like a mother and three adult children. They're dressed like the ruling class, in fine stylish suits. The shoulders have the classic white shoulder boards with several layers of thin platinum. Their suit coats are a bright red, indicating their class. They have the traditional pineapple-styled headgear with a dark visor hiding their face and altering their voice.

I put up my hand like a stop sign, "Whoa there. I already told them no. I'm not taking this load. So, go back to your pristine cloud mansion. You're not going with me today or any other time. Weird shit is going on out there. You four are hot enough that you need four battlecruisers."

The lady talks down to me, "When trying to stop a war and save billions of lives, showing up with four battleships looks like an invasion. So typical of a man to not comprehend the basics. Get out of my way; where is your captain? Why didn't she greet us? I will have you cleaning toilets until you turn gray."

Behind the passengers, I see some women slowly lingering our way. They have dark clothes and a dark visor, hiding their face. All of them have their hands inside their cloaks. Fuck me!

With a smile on my face, so I don't give myself away, I softly tell Zai, "Create a forcefield to protect those bitches. I count six attackers."

Zai places intense spotlights on each potential attacker. Immediately, rifles are revealed, and they start shooting. Their accuracy is terrible. I guess if I had a bright light in my face, my aim would be much worse as well. I see a bunch of people coming, and they have heavier weapons. I grab all the women and pull them into my ship. I pull hard, and without warning, they all end up on the ground in a mess.

They're pissed at me for even touching them. They got dirty and scuffed their knees and arms.

Meanwhile, I start issuing commands, "Zai, get us the fuck out of here as fast as you can. Head to Polaris-2. Avoid all other ships."

All four take off their helmets.

The mother is standing up now, and she is pissed, "We are not going to Polaris-2. How stupid are you? I told you we need to rush to Vole-4. The fate of the galaxy depends on this. Turn this damn ship around, and get us to that planet ASAP."

I ask her, "Have you not been paying attention? Six women just tried to kill you. Twenty more were behind them. They know where you're going. They saw me leave on a vector. Guess what, every ship they have will follow us on the same vector, and I'm a slow ship. Do you see a problem?"

One of the daughters says with tears in her eyes, "They're going to catch us and then slowly kill us."

Her mother shushes her. She looks just as scared.

I continue, "We have a big head start. I will adjust our course once we are out of their sensor range. I only have two rooms; you four get the smaller one."

The mother laughs, "Looks like you don't know your own ship. I see a room here for all of us."

The daughters' chuckle. Behind them, I see Zai re-adjusted the rooms.

I ask them, "I think you need your eyes checked; I only see two door handles."

They turn around, and they're all amazed to see just two rooms. Four sets of jaws hit the floor.

I quip, "You were saying about my knowledge of my ship? I didn't want this job. I didn't ever want this much risk. You four have carelessly risked my life against my wishes just because you think you're better than me. I will get you there since you said it's that fucking important. My fee is ten times what you offered, and I bet that still isn't enough.

"Now get in your rooms and stay there. I don't want to see you. Food will make its way to your room. For a freighter, I doubt you find better rooms. You give me any trouble, and you can walk there. Do you understand me?"

All four are silent.

I smile, "Go to your rooms; there is one for each of you."

They turn around, and there are five rooms now, mine plus one for each of them. I love this ship. Each of them has an astonished look on their face. Silently, they each pick a room and hide from me. PERFECT! I just noticed that they don't have a change of clothes. I sure hope Zai got their luggage as they entered the ship. Maybe someone got it when I didn't see it.

That's their problem. I guess it's a human thing; I walk up to my bridge. There is no need to be on the bridge as Zai is everywhere. We have a place for everything. Once on the bridge, I make a list of things to do. Zai will do it and remind me, but it's how I remember things, by writing them down.

I startle Zai, "We know our guests are as hot as a fusion reactor. We have a head start, and we have a path that we must stray from. Suggestions?"

Zai sounds happy, "First, thank you for the orders. I don't understand deceit, double-dealing, or lies. When I try ... I fail. Thank you for guessing that part. I would have gone straight to our destination. I see how this is better; we will spread them out."

I am happy, "OK, if I were them, here is a list of things I would do to catch us. I want you planning for that list to happen and plan for contingencies."

Zai asks questioningly about a command, "Radio silence?"

I smile, "How did you get me to help? You sent out a cry for help. What if four battleships did the same thing?"

Zai sounds like she might cry, "We would be dead without you. I feel so helpless right now. How is it that women run the world?"

I laugh, "Every 200th birth is a male. They control our numbers. Your abilities are far more critical than my insight; you're giving me too much credit. I will grant you that together, we are a formidable team and complement each other well.

"I am tired. I want you to make two more course directions changes in four-hour increments while I sleep. Our passengers are not hostages but watch over them. See what you can learn about them and if their mission is real. I am going to sleep, night Zai."

Zai sexily says to me, "Good night, Tim."

Chapter 3 -- Princess Trudy

Princess Trudy's point of view:

I am tired of being cooped up in this room. I want to explore the ship. I want to know more about that man. I have never seen a living man; our planet forbids them. Oh yes, we have a bunch. They're kept far from me. I can't imagine how we got put on a ship captained by a man. Someone screwed up big time, and mom will make sure they pay dearly for it ... if we survive.

BigMadStork
BigMadStork
3,970 Followers