Zane Wayne Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You weren't gone long enough for any hanky panky, but here you both are looking like that cat who ate the canary. What's up?"

I couldn't find my tongue but Zane came to my rescue. He held up the laundry basket with the pillows on top and said "She is so mean, she stole my pillows."

"They are my favorite ones, I told him I would replace them after dinner."

Grams piped up, "Since when do you have favorite pillows?"

"Since I have these all broken in and softened up like I like them. Now can we have dinner please so I can get the poor man some new pillows."

Everyone laughed at me as we sat down for an enjoyable family meal. I realized how much I missed them while being away at school for this long. And it didn't hurt that an incredibly sexy man that I had seen naked TWICE was sitting across from me with a goofy smile on his face.

After everyone was done Zane surprised me. He stood up, grabbed his plate and kissed grandma on the cheek.

"Thanks for dinner Belle, best meal I ever ate."

"You say that every night."

"I know, your cooking gets better every night."

"Get out of here, what are your plans for the rest of the night?"

"I dunno, since tomorrow is Sunday and I get to sleep in a little I may climb up the ridge and watch the sunset and have a glass of whiskey or two."

"How about you Lindsay?"

"Probably get Zane his pillows so he stops whining, then put my clothes away and message my friends I have been ignoring all day."

"There is still one of your favorite bottles of Stella Rosa up in the cupboard, you should join Zane. You look like you are getting a little soft and could use the exercise."

"Gram, I am NOT getting soft"

"Well, maybe not much, but a hike will still do you good, do you mind if she tags along Zane?"

"Nah, it will be just like when my little sister used to tag along everywhere I went."

I stuck out my tongue at him and gave him a raspberry.

"Fine, I will be down in five minutes with your pillows and we will take a hike."

I acted like it was a chore and didn't want to go, but inside my heart was racing. I told myself to calm down. It was just a hike to a scenic spot to have a drink and watch the sunset with a sexy man. Nothing at all romantic about that.

I grabbed the pillows off my bed, put on my hiking shoes and went back down stairs. My grandma handed me my bottle of wine and a solo cup with a big smile on her face.

My mom held up her phone and started playing "summer nights" from Grease.

"Will you two stop trying to play matchmaker, I am NOT interested."

I stomped out the door, fuck I was nervous as hell for not being interested.

I went to the bedroom door and knocked.

"It's open."

I opened the door and threw the pillows on the bed while he looked at me and grinned.

"I know you were hoping to catch me naked again werent you?"

"You have quite the imagination don't you?"

He laughed at me.

"Come on, we only have an hour of daylight left."

He grabbed his bottle of whiskey and a solo cup and we started up the ridge. I took the lead.

"Follow me, I know a comfortable spot. It's about a ten minute hike."

When we were halfway up I heard him chuckle to himself.

"What are you laughing at?"

"I was just thinking."

"About what."

"Well, since I am walking behind you, it made me think of what your grandma said about you getting soft. Then the image from last night when you were bent over popped into my head and I thought to myself ``Nope, not getting soft at all."

"HA HA Stop looking at my ass."

But inside I was happy that he thought I wasn't getting soft. I knew I wasn't, but it was nice of him to notice that I wasn't as well. It wasn't much longer until we arrived at one of my favorite spots. A tree had fallen across the trail years before and had grown a thick layer of soft moss. It made a perfect spot to lean back and watch the sunset over the mountain.

"Here we go, one of my favorite spots."

"It's beautiful."

We didn't say much, we were content to just sit there and sip on our drinks while the sun slowly disappeared from view. Once the sun disappeared it didn't take long for it to start getting dark. He stood up and offered me his hand.

"Come on, let's get back before it is completely dark."

I took his hand and he gently pulled me up.

"Thanks for sharing your spot, I enjoyed it."

"You are welcome, feel free to use it anytime."

"Thanks, it may become my new favorite spot now that the days are getting longer."

We didn't say much on the way down, and it was almost pitch black once we got to the yard. I was happy to see that he didn't hesitate to walk me to the back door. Maybe chivalry isn't dead after all.

"Good night Lindsay, it was nice seeing you, or I mean meeting you."

I blushed, but then decided to be a little bold for once in my life, "Thanks Zane, it was really nice seeing you last night and tonight, or I mean meeting you too."

I laughed and went inside.

Everyone was sitting in the living room when I came in and sat down. Mom didn't say anything, just started playing Summer Nights on her phone again.

Grams looked at me.

"How was your date dear?"

"It was NOT a date and I am NOT interested."

"Yeah ok, did he at least kiss you good night?"

"EWWW No! I am going to bed and chat with my friends, good night."

"Yeah, with your new favorite smelly pillows huh."

Fuck, busted by my mom.

"No, they are soft and broken in."

I went upstairs to my room and changed into my favorite flannel pajamas again. I looked out my window to see if there was any light coming from the stables, but it was completely dark. Even though it wasn't even nine oclock, I snuggled into his pillows enjoying the manly scent and fell asleep.

*************************************

I laid there thinking about Lindsay. I wanted nothing more than to hold her in my arms and kiss her goodnight before she went in the house.

Just when I thought life couldn't get any better, it got worse.

I had met the woman of my dreams, and she was untouchable. Not only did she have an incredibly sexy body, but she was also just as beautiful, with long brown curly hair that fell over her shoulders. Those beautiful brown eyes that lit up when she smiled. Even better, or worse for me she was smart, witty, funny, and about everything else a man would want in a woman, and I could see myself easily falling for her.

But

She was leaving to see the world in a few months. I didn't want to be the reason for her to not follow her dreams. And there was the fact that I worked for her grandparents. Although Belle was having a good time trying to push us together, I could see by the look on Ron's face that he wasn't thrilled about the idea. I couldn't blame him though, I was a convicted felon after all. I decided to keep things friendly between us no matter how much I was attracted to her.

Plus, there was no way I could let her become involved with me without coming clean about my past.

I drifted off to sleep, but it was a restless night, I couldn't get her out of my dreams. I was up at 4am, and tossed and turned for a couple of hours. Finally well before seven, I got up and headed into the house for coffee and breakfast knowing Ron was an early riser.

"Good Morning."

Ron looked a little surprised to see me this early.

"Good morning, how are you today Zane?"

"I am ok, I'm a little tired, slept like crap for some reason."

He didn't say anything to that, just grunted.

"Are you all heading into town for church today?"

He gave me a suspicious look, wondering if I was trying to get some alone time with Lindsay.

"Yeah, I imagine so, and lunch afterwards. What are your plans for today?"

"Well I was going to drive down to Cheyenne. My boots are worn out and some of my clothes are getting kinda threadbare. If you don't mind me waiting to do the chores until tonight that is."

He looked relieved.

"Yeah, that would be fine, thanks Zane."

"No problem, do you want me to pick anything up for you?"

"Nah, I think we are pretty well set."

After breakfast I headed back to get ready, I felt kinda rude just leaving without saying goodbye to Lindsay, but we barely knew each other, and did not owe each other anything. I finally decided to ease my guilt and leave her a note. I quickly wrote it, placed it under her windshield wiper and headed off to Cheyene. I am not sure what I was going to do when I got there since my boots and clothes were still like new.

***********************************

I woke to a knock on the door.

"Lindsay, we are leaving pretty soon, why don't you get up."

"Ok mom, be down in a minute."

I thought to myself, that was one of the best night's sleep I could ever remember. Before I got up I took one more deep whiff of Zane's pillows. I tied up my hair and even touched up my makeup a little before bounding down the stairs hoping to see Zane at the table.

I hid the disappointment when I only found mom and grams sitting at the table. I grabbed a cup of coffee and some toast and joined them.

"I assume you are not interested in joining us for church?"

"No, I need to get back to school. I have two tests on Tuesday and I haven't studied all weekend."

"Ok, well we will be there for graduation, finish strong."

"I will mom, most of my classes are in review and test prep. They are going over what to study to get ready for boards."

"Ok dear, give us some love, we are heading to church and lunch in town."

I hugged my mom, and grandparents. I couldn't have wished for a better family, I was so lucky.

As soon as they were out the door I was in the bathroom getting dolled up like I had the hottest date in the world. I threw my stuff in my overnight bag and got ready to go. I made my bed looking at the pillows and thought Fuck It, I grabbed them to take back too.

I threw my bags in the back of my Jeep and went to the apartment to say goodbye. I knocked on the door and didn't get an answer, when I opened the door it was empty. My heart sank, I was actually hurt that he left without saying goodbye. Even though we had met less that thirty six hours ago, I thought we had a real connection.

I walked back to my Jeep fighting back tears. I was more upset that Zane didn't say goodbye after barely knowing him than by Jeremy groping me on the third date. What is wrong with me?

I jumped in and started the Jeep. When I saw the white piece of paper under the wiper I swear my heart stopped. I jumped out and almost ripped it by grabbing it so quickly.

Hey Lindsay

How much wine did you drink last night anyway, or do you always sleep in this late?

I had breakfast and coffee with your grandfather hoping you would show up so I could say goodbye. Couldn't wait too long as I had to hit the road since I had plans to get some new clothes and supplies in Cheyenne today. I would have waited but I have to get chores done this afternoon and wasn't sure if you were going to sleep til noon or not.

I know how much you college women love your sleep.

Thanks for the new pillows, they were not as soft as my old ones, but they smelled of you so it was worth the trade.

Anyway, it was nice seeing you, or I mean meeting you Friday night. I hope to "See" you again someday. JK

Best weekend I have had in a very long time, I will think of you when I sit in your spot sipping my whiskey watching the sunset.

Drive safe, study hard, and I will see you in a month or so.

Zane

I was crying like a baby, not only did he say goodbye, but he said it with such passion. Why am I just meeting a man like this now that I will be leaving in a couple months. I thought about taking my mom's advice and having a summer fling. I knew that if I went much further, I would end up with a broken heart when I had to leave. I decided I wouldn't pursue him much farther than some innocent flirting. That and some detailed fantasies.

I was on cloud nine driving back, I honestly don't even remember much of the drive, it seemed like it lasted only five minutes.

When I got back to the dorm, several of my friends were surprised I was so happy and upbeat after my disastrous date on Friday night. Two of my best friends followed me into my room and shut the door.

"OK, spill it. You punched Jeremy in a bar full of people and disappeared all weekend, then you came back all full of smiles and glitter."

I threw each of them one of Zane's pillows.

"Smell that."

They looked confused and smelled them.

"Smells kind of manly, what are we missing here."

"Only the sexiest manliest man I have ever met who is sleeping in my old bed working on my grandparents ranch."

Now I had their attention

"OOOOOOOHHHHH do tell."

"Well, after Jeremy was such a dick Friday night, I just wanted to go home and sleep in my old bed. I felt so dirty from having his hands on me that I took a shower. I was a little buzzed, so I didn't even notice him in my bed when I was bending over looking for my pajamas........BARE ASS NAKED in front of him."

"Oh my fucking god, no way."

"Yeah, it gets better. Of course I scream so he jumps out of bed on the other side, BARE ASS NAKED as well."

"So, I assume you liked?"

"Yeah he was incredible. By far the sexiest man I have ever seen. And not only that, but he is sweet, kind, intelligent, and romantic."

"So I assume you took advantage and released your frustrations on him since you were both naked?"

"Sadly no, he was a gentleman, gave me my old bed back and slept with one of the horses."

"So what is up with the pillows?"

"Well, I told him they were my favorites and took them with me so I could keep smelling him."

"You are so bad!!!!"

"Yeah I know, now off with you, I haven't opened a book all weekend and I am behind studying for my tests."

As soon as they were gone, I opened my night stand and got out BOB (Battery Operated Boyfriend).

I was sopping wet after thinking of Zane all day. I didn't even bother getting completely naked. I simply pulled my jeans down and started stroking myself with BOB imagining it was Zane on top of me, taking my virginity, finally having a real man inside of me. In less than a minute I had one of the most powerful orgams I could remember.

Chapter 5

I really didn't have a plan of what to do while I was in Cheyenne. Eventually I bought some new socks and a pair of jeans before slowly driving back to the ranch. I was both relieved and disappointed when I saw that Lindsay's Jeep was gone.

I jumped right into the chores working hard to make sure everything was in great shape. The Elliots put their trust in me and I wasn't going to let them down. After dinner, I climbed the ridge to the spot Lindsay had taken me the night before.

I could only imagine what it would feel like making love to her. My ex girlfriend and I had never crossed that line before I went to prison, and there weren't many good looking women in prison to bed down.

As the days grew longer, I worked harder. I was proud of what I had accomplished so far, but with spring upon us the work would only get harder.

One evening after dinner, Ron came back out to the stables. I was on edge right away as he never left the house after dinner.

"Will you walk with me Zane?"

"Of course sir."

We walked out through the pastures, enjoying the warmer weather and the growing grass. I was patient but nervous, what did Ron want to talk to me about?

"Zane, you don't know how much I appreciate what you have done here the last couple of months. I am not sure where the ranch would be right now without you."

"Thank you sir, but I would be wandering lost if you hadn't taken me in. It is you I owe thanks to."

"It seems like we both needed each other."

"Yes sir, but you could easily hire another ranch hand, I am not sure if I could ever find another home like this."

We walked along for a while in silence before he spoke again.

"How long can I count on you for Zane?"

"For as long as the sun rises in the East Ron."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, why do you ask?"

"You know my body is breaking down, and I need a new knee and rotator cuff surgery. If I have them done, I won't be able to lift a finger for several months."

"I can handle it, if I do something wrong, or have questions, I know your voice will still work."

"So I don't have to worry about you leaving?"

"Ron, you gave a convicted felon a job and a bed with no questions asked. Not only that, you invited me into your home and offered me a seat at your table. As far as I am concerned, I owe you my life and I will only leave when you show me the door and tell me to go."

"OK, Belle really wants me to schedule the first surgery, so I will tomorrow. Thank you Zane."

"You don't have to thank me sir, it is an honor."

"So, not to change the subject, but have you talked to Lindsay?"

"No, why was I supposed to?"

"No, I was just wondering. You may have gotten the wrong impression from me. Lindsay is obviously like a daughter to me, and of course in my opinion, no one will ever be good enough for her.. But you two seemed to have a real connection. Belle said she was going to spit in my food if I didn't give you my blessing to talk to her."

"Ron, you don't know how honored I am, but she is going to start traveling in a couple months. I don't think either one of us is interested in something that will only hurt us in the end."

"Yeah, but I don't think she will be gone very long. She doesn't know how the real world out there works, or how shitty people in the big cities can be."

"You may be right. But she needs to find that out for herself. I don't want to be the reason she regrets not trying it for the rest of her life. If she gives it up for me, she will always resent me for making her give up her dream."

"You are wise beyond your years."

"Maybe, or I am incredibly stupid for not trying to woo the most amazing woman in the world."

"How does that stupid saying go, if you love them set them free horse shit and they come back to smell the roses or something stupid like that."

"I think that is exactly what it is word for word."

We both had a really good laugh, even having to stop to catch our breath.

"Thanks for your faith in me Ron. I will work twenty hours a day if I have to while you are laid up, and don't worry I wont leave until you tell me to hit the road. And, if Lindsay ever decides she doesn't want to travel the world, I will treat her like the princess she is."

"Thanks Zane, I know you will, and I know I can count on you."

**********************************

Lindsay: Hey Mom

Mom: Hey dear, ready for graduation?

Lindsay: Yeah, two more weeks, can't wait!!!!!

Mom: What's up?

Lindsay: Sorry to text you while you are working, but can you get me Zane's number?

Mom: Yowzy baby, you bet I can. Gonna send him some nudes are you?

Lindsay: MOM!!!!!!!!!!

Mom: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Me and grams keep dreaming of the babies you two would make together.

Lindsay: JCF mom, you guys are horrible.

Mom: Yes we are, but we can still dream right?

Lindsay: I am going to throw up now.

Mom: What do you want his number for?

Lindsay: I want to spend my last year of rodeo winning and want him to work with Lady before I get home.

Mom: OK, I will send it to you tonight.

Lindsay: Thanks mom, love ya tons.

Mom: Love you too, best daughter ever!!!!!!!

**************************************

Lindsay: Hey Zane, this is Lindsay

Zane: Hey Lindsay, how are you?

Lindsay: I am great, hope you don't mind I got your # from Mom.