Zaya is Born

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're right, Kara. They wouldn't have the history we have. They wouldn't have cheated on me with my best friend, ruining 2 of the most important relationships in my life. They wouldn't have me doubting them, or doubting myself, or questioning their honesty and integrity. Kara, I love you, and part of me always will, but it's not possible."

[::::::::::]

Present Day. Still at the Mexican restaurant.

"Kara, you and I both know it's not that simple."

"I suppose it isn't. But it's been 4 years. Can't we at least try?"

David turned and looked her straight in the eye.

"No, Kara, we can't. Even if I could somehow get past what you and Brian did, which I haven't managed to do yet and likely never will, there's somebody else in my life now. Lu?" David called out.

A pretty Hispanic woman came out from behind the bar. Kara had noticed her before but hadn't given her much thought, assuming she was just one of the women employed by the restaurant. But she walked over to David and they kissed briefly. If was a kiss of familiarity, and of love.

"Lu, this is Kara, my ex-wife. Kara, this is my fiancé, Luciana."

"Oh my gosh," Luciana gushed. "I've heard so much about you. How's the baby."

"She's not a baby anymore," David chimed in. "She's almost 4."

"Oh, I remember when my Bianca was 4. It's such a wonderful age. They seem to grow so much and really develop their personality. In fact, she was 4 when David and I met. They fell for each other instantly. She's 6 now, of course, and I'm working on her baby brother or sister."

Kara hadn't noticed before but, when it was brought to her attention, noticed the ever-so-slight bump forming in Luciana's abdomen. Not only had David dated, and fallen in love with, a single mom that wasn't her, but he had given her the baby that was supposed to be Kara's. She couldn't stop the tears from starting to flow.

David, ever the gentleman, quickly grabbed some tissues from behind the bar and handed them to her, then pulled her close to give her a chance to get herself together.

"I'm so sorry," whispered Luciana. "I didn't mean to upset you."

Kara waved her off.

"No. It's not you. I'm just upset with myself for my own choices. God, this is so embarrassing."

Kara took a moment to get herself together. David decided to fill the void to give her the time she would need.

"Lu's family owns the restaurant. She's the manager. We met one night when I came in just before closing and she was filling in for one of the servers."

"It's wonderful, David," Kara offered, having gotten herself back together. "I'm happy for you, really. I just...wish it had been me."

There wasn't much left to say so it was time to go their separate ways. Luciana made her excuses first, to give David and Kara a chance to say goodbye in private.

"David, hon, I've got a couple of things to finish. I'll be done in about ten minutes," she said, giving him a quick kiss before disappearing into the back room.

"She's lovely, David. I really am happy for you, if sad for myself. I really hope it works out."

I think it will. Her folks aren't very happy about her being pregnant before the wedding, but they like me so I think they'll get past it as long as we're married before the baby is born."

There was several moments of awkward silence before Kara finally said her goodbyes.

"It was good to see you, David. Let me apologize for what happened last time, though you sure did land on your feet."

She leaned in for one last hug from her ex-husband, then turned and walked quickly out the door, hearing David's "Goodbye Kara" as she did. She knew now this phase of her life was over. She headed for home, where her mother was babysitting her daughter.

After all, she had a daughter to raise, and a life to live, and that's exactly what she intended to do.

[::::::::::]

La Fine

[::::::::::]

Inspiration: My entry into the "I realized the baby wasn't mine as soon as it was born" category.

Permission: I hereby give my permission to anyone interested in writing a follow-up or alternate version of any one of my stories. Please just remember to give credit where credit is due. I'm not always very diligent about checking my email for permission requests.

12