All Comments on 'Zaya is Born'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments
Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Good story. Surprised he didn’t cuck it up, but yeah, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I stopped at the lecture before the story even started.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

David only needs to perform a miracle, and he will be a certifiable candidate for sainthood. Most normal men would've gone scorched-earth, especially on the friend. I mean, to violate hospitality by knocking up your best friend's wife is a death sentence in at least half of the world. In the end, David got the perfect revenge, by living well. Kara is now without the love of her life with a kid that's a big STOP! sign to most prospective suitors. Instead of having a loving, dedicated husband/father, Kara's got a Baby Daddy "in the wind".

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

Very good. No one was killed and no willing cucks. Just some sorry, sad people where the innocent one actually came out on top.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

A new BigGuy33 story is always welcome. A wonderful story that covers a lot of ground in fewer than 5 k words. 5 stars.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

A MISTAKE? wow

.

First I like the whole angle of this short story. The characters are who they say they are or and they seem to be very consistent very consistent. That's very important to me as a reader. I don't want or demand that the characters do what I want them to do as opposed to what the author has written... But I do ask that the characters are consistent with how the author has developed them.

.

But the real problem with the story is that even IF the ex husband could accept This other child the problem is that the wife is lying and distorting what actually happened.

.

The 1st event even by the wife's own recollection was a Drunken flirting that got out of control and caused a physical reaction where they got each other off sexually. But then they waited 2 days!!!

.

They got a 12 pack of condoms and decided to spend the next 24 hours fucking each other constantly. THAT IS NOT A MISTAKE.

.

So when the wife shows up one day at this bar out of the blue and wants to get her ex husband back to correct and fix her mistake she is actually lying about the entire event.

.

I am no psychologist but I'm pretty sure that if you are trying to bring your ex back into your life the last thing you should be doing is lying to them when you haven't seen them in 4 years.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Good story sad but not tragic.

I just couldn't understand the cheaters why didn't they just hook up together now that they had a chance. That Brian is sure a despicable ungrateful asshole who is not a good friend and father. Kara sure knows how to discard the good ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nicely understated little story . Almost a fable , Loving Wives style of course .

Top marks .

( though I'm afraid the RAAC groupies will run this into the ground )

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

Wow!!!

BigGuy33 was already one of my favorites, but this read was a really interesting work of emotional depth.

Short work, to the point, no flourishes or wasted time. A plot that in sexless paragraphs exposed the psyche of the two main characters, David and Kara, without delay or extremism.

The calm David displayed and his rationalization of the situation were just to envy. Some might label him a coward or a cuck, but his actions were as believable as if he were nuclear.

The excerpt where Kara asks about him relating to a single mother and his answer, about her and Brian's cheating, set the tone for David's personality and showed his resolve.

Kara re-encountering David, after a few years, discovering that he was in love with a single mother, that they were expecting his child and that they would marry, was the nail in Kara's coffin.

There, right at that moment, she understood the depth of the shit she was sunk into. Even after 4 years without David, she thought that the love he had given her was present and would be enough for them to get back together. And she wept to find that, that ship, had long since departed.

Four stars. Neither BTB nor RAAC. Just a human being betrayed, in the worst way, by two people he loved dearly, who made the best decision of his life. Pursuing your happiness.

But that's just my opinion.

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Full marks. He stuck to his guns.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was in an exclusive relationship for six years. She and one of my best friends had sex while I was out of town for several days. She told me she did it, she wanted me to know and thought it would be okay. It wasn't.

We continued together for another year, but her one night fling destroyed what we had. She knew it and regretted it. We tried to maintain a friendship, but that wilted too.

i never had anything to do with him again after she gave me the news. She didn't either.

jazzharpjazzharpover 2 years ago

Thank you for writing another good story. I always enjoy reading them even if I don't enjoy the story. 5 from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Emotion but no wimping out. Just as sad as real life. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I always enjoy your stories. They flow naturally toward a logical end. I'm glad you gave David the strength to walk away, although if it were I, Brian would have received some physical damage. Too many writers flirt with disastrous emotions, and then pull back. Men aren't like that. We take much in life, but you set up the perfect storm with wife cheats happily, best friend participates, friend is black so can't hide babies identity, and she gets pregnant. You created the storm, but as old saying from Virgil "The volcano erupts and out comes a mouse"

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Two great LW clichés

1. Some counseling will fix things just right.

2. It was A mistake (as in one) but involved a dozen condoms.

David is better off rid of bad trash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent writing.David finally got his. Zara is also getting hers, the stupid bitch. WONDERFUL STORY

SystemShockSystemShockover 2 years ago

She had a lot of nerve to bring up their personal history when trying to make her "point". All that personal history and she still fucked him over in his own home, in his own bed, with his best friend, over a dozen times. If that history meant so little to her, why should it mean anything to David?

jakie1jakie1over 2 years ago

Very good writing as usual, however, a very sad tale for his ex.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

Was this written in an alternate universe where everybody is an emotionless robot?

Sorry for the facetious comment, but I can't think of any other way to describe this story.

-

Where was all the anger and pain at the appalling way they betrayed him? He just found out that the love of his life had been fucking his best friend behind his back, and not only that, but the baby he'd been eagerly awaiting was actually Brian's! Where was the rage, the humiliation, and the heartbreak?

-

I imagine anyone in David's position would be shocked beyond words, but having him calmly sit in a darkened room as he tries to deal with the devastating end to his marriage was surreal. Then there was the bland conversation with Brian, a man that David had made personal sacrifices to befriend, who took that loyalty and shit on it. How did that conversation not end in violence?

-

Finally, and the strangest of them all, was the reunion between David and Kara. They smile and hug, like long lost best friends, then he politely asks about her baby and the father. Except that whore fucked his best friend in the marital bed, then let herself get knocked up with a bastard.

Even after four years, the most likely greeting from David would be to spit in the slut's face and tell her to go fuck herself. Kara was a vile bitch and didn't deserve any of the civility he showed her. Maybe she cheated on David precisely because he was such a milquetoast, she thought she'd be able to have a fuckathon with his best friend, and the spineless cuck would just forgive her?

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

This was believable and as real as it can get. Ignore the bitching and moaning.

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

The cheating whore got what she deserved lonely with a kid from someone that didnt want to be a dad..

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

Fine story

Will bring out the racists

jasonnhjasonnhover 2 years ago

Overall a good story with a realistic result.

However, she BETRAYED David by sleeping with his friend. It wasn't a "MISTAKE". It was calculated and planed by both of them. The first time, a semi drunken fumble MIGHT have been classified as a mistake but everything else after was a CHOICE to do the WRONG thing, an AWFUL thing. Their explanations show they both lack the moral integrity to take good actions. They found each other sexy and went for it. Big time. The wrongness of it barely even slow them down. The betrayal by a wife and a friend gave them no pause. They wanted to do it and they did. They were cold blooded about it with little guilt until they got caught.

The "friend" tries to soft pedal it. Like dude, things happened, sorry.

The ex wife, 4 years later, STILL has no appreciation of what she did. Hey, he could get over it. It would be just like dating someone who already had a child. Her betrayal could simply be ignored. Fortunately, David brilliantly illustrates the difference with his fiancée. The difference is love, respect and loyalty; something the ex still doesn't seem to understand.

The story makes the point by it's resolution but his ex is never directly confronted with the magnitude of her actions. Instead of being made harshly aware of the glaring flaws in her personality, she leaves like a martyr. David is apologetic about being unable to forgive her. The reality is, David is not the one lacking. She is the one who did something that would be judged unforgivable and terrifying by most normal people and she is never forcefully confronted with that truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Zara & Brian did it. Zara actually had the final say bout a tryst, and she failed. As bad as she has it, she deserves it! WONDERFUL STORY and writing

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Great story. But did she hook up with Brian after Zaya's birth? Live with him, marry? 5/5. D

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Good story. David did exactly what he needed to do.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Good story but why is it always the "best" friend that gets to fuck the wife. And this one is a double whammy a "best" friend and black. And a triple whammy she gives birth to a black baby. Good job the husband moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Will bring out the cucks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They say time heals all wounds. That may be true, but the scars last forever to remind us not to forget what caused them. To think that a decent moral person would ever enter into a relationship with a cheating whore is just her adding pain to her already guilty existence. As for the so called friend. Not surprised he took a job on the Left coast where morals and character are in short supply.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

I guess it doesn't really apply here, but why do these white wives have unprotected sex with Black me during or close to their fertile periods?

\

"she simply gave his shoulder a squeeze and then she left the house." - Squeeze his shoulder? I'd slap his face!

\

Gee, you "messed around," had a hand job, so you might as well gave sex?!

\

They never considered the morning after pill?

\

"They went through David's entire 12-pack of condoms over those 2 days and nights." - David never wondered what happened to his condoms?

\

The new single mother is such a different situation, that it's an insult to bring it up.

\

LOL, I love that he got involved with a single mother!

\

I don't often agree with Harry, but I do here with regards to consistency of character. So many stories would have him still depressed and taking her back now.

\

If she and Brian loved him so much, after the initial drunken "messing around," Brian would have gone back to his place and stayed away until David was back, and made it a point to NOT be alone with her again, EVER!

\

"being a part-time father just wasn't for him" - Why would Brian have to be a part-time father?

\

@Powersworder, just because he isn't yelling and screaming and throwing things doesn't make him emotionless. The two most important people in his world have just betrayed him, he's crushed.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Great story. I got the feeling that this one was either biographical (happened to a friend) or autobiographical. Some of the minor details when David’s mom came to the apartment (only lights being the electronics, only sound the whir of the fan) really put me into the middle of that apartment.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

Well done. This had reality throughout, and believable characters without forced drama. The story itself is dramatic and tugs at you.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Very good story especially since you forwent the BTB. It definitely would have been justified but your version was a better story, even though I love BTB. You could feel the character's pain ( don't know where the robot comment came from ). Lu, with her own child, was a perfect ending. You just know that Kara's stupidity will taint the rest of her life. As for Brian's life, not so much, he's a worthless loser who will eventually justify all his actions with money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, David was obviously in shock over the betrayal and then 4 years later had moved on. Not sure why someone would consider everyone emotionless. Not everyone responds with yelling, screaming, and the gnashing of teeth. What is done is done and you move on. 5*

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

A heartbreaking melodrama. Seemingly decent people, stumbling into rationalized amorality, behaving thoughtlessly with devastating collateral damage. Excellently rendered and nuanced characters with real life rather than comic book reactions. Sad but compelling. As always, a treat to read. Thanks much.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Nice story. I am amazed how many people think a man should go into a rage when faced with an unbearable shock. And if he does not if he does not he is a wimp. Those people have obviously not felt the ground fall out from under their feet.

Now going into a catatonic state where the person becomes unresponsive to all stimuli is a little far fetched in my opinion. But siting in the dark with only your thoughts is common. I did find him going to the hospital the next day was a little too soon. But it would probably be the only place he could talk to her by herself.

The author did not say what I imagined happened. if he moved out and left the apartment with the prepared nursery or told the inlaws to come get the shit to take their daughter home. But he made it clear there was no path forward for them together. I am giving this 5 stars for a well written realistic story.

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

Brilliant story. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. Mature, smart and concise. Well done.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Well told and interesting story! 5***** all the way! I suspect we all saw it coming when David walked out of the hospital, but that didn't change the impact. No beatings. No revenge. Just getting on with and living a life. There was real emotional depth here. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Plot twist 1: Lu waited fir Kara to leave and came back saying, “That went well… she’ll never realize she made you gay now. My bi husband did good in bringing you in here!”

Plot twist 2: Kara presented him with a DNA test proving it was really his child, due to some crazy recessive genes from his mother’s side of the family when his great grandma was having sex with her black neighbor. And she said, “you missed 4 years of your kids life… wanna try again?”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done. The calmness of everyone during the discovery phase actually enhanced the impact of the “mistake” and its impact.

.

Poetic Justice as well in the end for both Dave and Kara.

.

4 very strong ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No real consequences for the friend. Not enough consequences for the wife....

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

Very Good. Sad story with, maybe not happy, but good ending. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not erotic. Boring. I was not entertained.

painkllrrrpainkllrrrover 2 years ago

@SunnyU2 - who cares about the race of the people involved, it's about the betrayal of the wife and so-called "best friend" - if not wanting to raise another mans child is "racist", then that would make 99.99% of men on the planet "racist".

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

What a fine take on the "not mine" category. I think the emotions of all involved came through in the telling. I know you must have considered have the new fiancé being a black female and I wonder why you chose her to be Hispanic; perhaps another author will.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

For all the "reality" disclaimers, this story was very real. You duly noted there have been some "surprise" birth stories here in the last several months, but I found your take a little different and believable. 5*

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 2 years ago

Very good. I'm surprised that David's parents (Mom) didn't yell at or slap Brian. Kara and Brian crossed a line the they never should have and destroyed their relationship with David. If Kara finds a man that is willing to date her and have a relationship with her, she's going to have to explain that she cheated on her husband and gave birth to her lover's child. Of course she could hide that little fact, and if/when it comes out that would be the end of that relationship. My guess is Kara will go the next 14 years without a serious relationship, at least until Zaya is out of the house. She will also have a lifetime of regret knowing that her actions destroyed her marriage and her life. All I can hope for is that Brian gets an equal serving of Karma.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As a story it was well constructed. But it also covered nothing new, wasn't very interesting and simply didn't have any excitement to it. Not much to do but divorce when your best friend screws your wife and then she has his baby - black or not. The ending you created was to fit your scenario. Mediocre poker.

Danger09Danger09over 2 years ago

Sometimes I have to wonder if some of these women are braindead. Kara is making the argument, he would date a single mom why can't he date her?. There is definitely a difference. Like david said, the single mom wasn't married to him, didn't betray his trust, his love, his home, by getting knocked up by his bestfriend. She knows this!. What irritated me was when Brian said they were touching and kissing and decided since they already crossed the line why not go all the way? that's so stupid. Touching, kissing don't result in pregnancy. A penis must be inserted into the vagina. they could've stopped at the kissing and groping. I think the wife and treacherous best friend just wanted to fuck each other. That's it that's all. As a married woman, I don't allow any man I am not related to in my house when my husband isn't home. Not because I don't trust myself but because I respect my hubby, our marriage, our home. I'm especially not sitting up there drinking to the point I forget I have a husband who I love deeply. No amount of alcohol would allow me to forget him. So that's just an excuse. She was just a slut. Had the baby not come out black he never would've known about their entanglement. They probably would've kept doing it. Kara is only sad, she's now a single mom. All she had to do was stop at jerking Brian off. Kick him out and take her ass to bed alone. I'm tired of sluts making excuses to justify their bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

David did not drink himself to oblivion? That's a first. And for that *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Sometimes walking away and finding a happy life is the best revenge.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

Very well written. Thank you for the story. I do agree with powersworder though regarding the lack of emotion expressed by David. Not saying he should go all mental and attack physically his former best friend.

But the stunned shock only lasts for so long. A little anger and verbal response would have been more believable. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"a man that had given no thought to befriending the little black boy that had moved into the neighborhood of white faces. David had lost some friends because of it, but that had only drawn them closer together."

I'm going to give the author the benefit of the doubt and believe they weren't TRYING to be racist, but the White Savior cliche is old and needs to die. Why did the white ("man") main character have to have saved the black ("boy") character? Why couldn't they be friends on equal footing without the black guy needing to feel lower than/indebted to the white one? Oh, wait, I get it. Their friendship couldn't start on equal footing because we needed the black guy to owe the white guy in some way, so we can all REALLY hate him once he betrays his "savior." Excuse me while I puke.

Author, you need to do better than this 1950s nonsense. Even if YOU aren't racist, this horseshit you wrote is bait for them to crawl out of the woodwork. I never give 1* ratings but you earned it this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Comments calling for bloody murder and here come the racists. The world we live in sucks so very often and anger and vengeance solve nothing. This story rang true to what real life is like. You get hurt, you heal and then you move on to a happier place. If you can’t you end up bitter and miserable. Good story BiGuy.

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

To me, BigGuy's stories portray the most gut-wrenching betrayals. This story is no exception. Glad the main character found happiness where the cheating wife and best "friend" have to live with their betrayal.

Rob5373Rob5373over 2 years ago

The old adages….Karmas a bitch and choices have consequences. Kara has seen both

vazkor13vazkor13over 2 years ago

@powersworder : exaxtly what I thought !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems of late that this category should be called "Loving Cucks". Thanks for bucking the trend and not cucking this story up.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

@SunnyU2 it has certainly brought one out.......you.

As for the story, what little emotion was felt forced, and that was only from the ex wife.

Other than that nobody seemed to care one iota.

There was no need to repeat the coupling story twice, it only makes it a cuck story.

Ok effort.

3*

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Its fine the way it is. She can be a lonely single mom paying penance from now on. Someone mentioned racists, A certain group of divisive jerks see racism everywhere. David wasn't racist, he was lifelong friends with Brian. He wasn't upset because the baby was black, he was upset that his wife cheated. The baby being black just made the discovery quicker.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Excellent story. The real victim is Zara. Her mother is unhappy and single, her father not in her life. Brian and Kara are dealing with the consequences of their betrayal.

It’s a good ending point, although It’d be interesting to read more about Brian and Kara immediately following their encounter, and after Zaya’s birth.

jamesapplejamesappleover 2 years ago

Very well written. Another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To those who think he should have been angry I disagree. Sometimes the betrayal is such that emotions are just, gone. Some people just shut it off and accept it for what it is and move on. They say indifference is the opposite of love not hate. I tend to agree. Always said to my girlfriends that if I stop caring then its time for you to leave because once the rubicon is passed its over.

BigGreg8xBigGreg8xover 2 years ago

This happens all time and ruins lives don't do it! Better to make arrangements between yourselves!! Very good writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good story but a rather disappointing ending - that didn't really end, did it?.

MormonJackMormonJackover 2 years ago

Awesome story, BigGuy. Thank you.

Wow... often, and clearly in this story, there is no better "burning" of the guilty parties than letting them live the results of their actions.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Kara cheated on David with his best friend, falling for the cliche bbc. She has a mixed race child from this cheating episode, and then , stupidly, thinks that David can forgive the double betrayal and resume their happy marriage as if it hadn’t happened. She even gives him details of their two days of wild sex. Expecting him to be ok with staying married, while raising the very visible evidence of her cheating, is the proof of her narcissistic attitude. Brian was fortunate to survive his last encounter with David. Then, four years later., after stereotypical Brian leaves her a single mother, she finds David and tries to convince him to resume their relationship. But Zaya, the extreme evidence of the betrayal, is still there. His explanation of why his acceptance of Lu’s daughter Bianca is very different from the chance to resume his relationship with Kara and treating Zaya the same way. BigGuy33 writes a good story, but unlike others, I don’t think that it is close to real life. I don’t think that anyone could have been as calm, and passive as David when put in this position. Brian and Kara were scum, and should have been treated as such. Kara has to live everyday with the living, although loved, reminder of her betrayal of the husband who loved her.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

@Kirei8 You said this was not a BTB. It definitely was. He dropped the bitch like a hot coal. Same with his friend. He let them have each other which is what neither wanted. Brian had to pay child support which he does even though he has no contact with his daughter. She is a single mother who has some 'splainin' to do".

She paid for her deliberate indiscretion.

The reason the mother grabbed Brian on the shoulder instead of slapping him..... he was still a friend. She knew it was over. It was not her cheated on but her son. Not her place to get physical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"They went through David's entire 12-pack of condoms over those 2 days and nights."

.

It may not have been a long term affair, but if they did it that much, yeah, they had an affair.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Solid effort, but has unrealized dramatic potential. I would have like a childhood scene where David first stands up for Brian. We become invested in their friendship. Then, a scene introducing Kara : she's beautiful, smart, warm, a loving wife. We like her. With that, the birth scene which reveals their betrayal strikes the reader as a real gut-punch.

.

I do otherwise like the way you render the emotional restraint shown by David. Sometimes the immediate effect of such a devastating betrayal is not anger, but a calm sadness.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Pretty good. Well written, regrets for the "fallen woman" and happy life for the "virtuous man" is pretty common in LW.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

I suppose this is probably more like a real life situation but still missing the emotions to this but maybe it's just me. I'm glad the guy got his happy ever after tho instead of wallowing in misery trying to get over the ex. But the nerve of the ex wife wanting to get back with him is something else

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 2 years ago

Great story….ending made total sense. No unnecessary cruelty….just cold closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kara lost David when she proposed that he raise her lover's child, rather than proposing the bastard be put up for adoption. The secondary disrespect was fucking his best friend, with planning and enthusiasm and no regret. But the primary disrespect was her expecting the man she betrayed to just forgive and forget, living with the shame, embarrassment, and humiliation for the rest of his life if married to her. That's when David finally realized that Kara only loved Kara. Then the whore moves in with Brian when she couldn't get David to be her cuckold? Brian ended up doing him a favor. And the whore will be just fine. She's now a black cock whore, and some Brutha will keep her in cigarettes and drugs as long as she pays her way with her pussy. Yeah, that is why Zara should have been put up for adoption. No self respecting man, of any race, will fail to discern what Kara's betrayal reveals, and will ditch her as soon as he gets tired of her pussy.

Maybe someone will write that sequel. Thanks for the effort.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Very well written and a good story. I know they're just characters in a story but Brian was a piece of shit, as was Kara. It was interesting that Brian said the condom slipped but that they used 12 condoms, they tried to make sound like a lapse of judgement, not 12 lapses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kara learned too late that our actions define our character. David was loyal to a disadvantaged friend even though others shunned him for that fidelity. Brian repeatedly betrayed that friendship of great price without a second thought. Who truly would have been surprised when he subsequently abandoned his own interracial child?

For Zaya's sake, hopefully she will become close friends with Bianca once they both begin school. Even a distant relationship with David would be a blessing for her.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

The scenario where an adult woman can't handle 10 days on her own indicates how weak she is. Add to that the ridiculous idea that having another young, virile male keep her company and the result was almost inevitable. The story was fine otherwise as far as these types go, but anyone not seeing the potential dangers in that situation is naive.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Story was decent

But I just don't get it, why keep the when she knew what it meant. Sorry I just don't get it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lol white savior complex lmao, so what happens when a bunch of black folk take a white boy into their fold in the hood? They aren’t really good friends due to them sticking their neck out and uncle tomming it up? Does adversity not make their friendship stronger due to how much was invested? Y’all just want to keep everyone divided. No other option when you literally can’t help someone without a sense of loyalty being reciprocated. Otherwise that makes someone entitled to your overtures, i.e. taken for granted, relegated to servitude. Nice try buzzfeed, not happening.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

A great little story, with a touch of drama and sadness to it. This little gem is one of your best stories. You have come a long way with your writing.

Scores 5/5

APP45TEAPP45TEover 2 years ago

WAS A VERY GOOD STORY. SHE HAD TO KNOW THERE WAS NO WAY BACK AFTER HER ACTION WITH HIS BEST FRIEND. NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS PAST, HE WOULD NEVER COME BACK TO HER SO IT'S BEST FOR HER TO FIND SOME OTHER MAN TO LOVE

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why was Brian a "part time Father"? He was single and so was she. You don't have to marry but why would he be splitting his time?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

another worthless snowbunny

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. Yet another BigGuy33 star-studded 5. And definitely ripe for a sequel, there's so many ways one could go. So many, in fact, that I doubt it'll ever be me doing it.

robinhodrobinhodover 2 years ago

As cautionary tales go, that was pretty convincing. Short and to the point. Top class.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I felt like I didn't know the characters: they seemed like puppets acting a cautionary tale. How did Brian and Kara act during her pregnancy? What did they feel? What did Kara feel the first time she and David shared their bed after she and Brian had defiled it? What was Kara's reaction when she saw her baby? This kind of thing helps us get to know characters as people, and more likely to sympathize with them.

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

Good, straight to the solution to a huge betrayal

LoejtcLoejtcover 2 years ago

The 4.4k word count is inadequate to provide enough context to make the story enjoyable. The first omission was; why is Kara and David even meeting in the restaurant owned by David's fiancée's family? How did this meeting come about? By the dialog the reader is lead to believe that Kara's appearance was not a surprise to David. Did she call him to arrange it? There certainly isn't any reason for David to call her. Let's suppose she did. David would ask why do you want to get together? Kara would answer: "to talk about getting together and trying again". David would respond: "I'm engaged, my fiancee is carrying my child and we plan to marry soon so there is no hope of us getting back together". End Of Story.

The other missing piece is associated with her pregnancy. There is no indication that the three key characters are stupid, uneducated, or abnormal in any way. Yet a mature, reasonably intelligent woman, fully aware she is not on any pregnancy prevention drugs or devices, knows that a man, not her husband, has deposited his semen in her vagina, completely ignores the potential that she may have been impregnated. Today's women are fully aware of the "morning after pill". Taking the pills would eliminate any worry about a fetus that might exist prior to returning to normal relations with her husband. Kara doesn't.

Again, if the setting for the story was a poor, ignorant young girl in some back country environment 20 miles from the nearest town, Kara's foolishness might be reasonable. But without context, her inaction seems unrealistic.

It wouldn't have taken much effort to include the above information. It would be a much more interesting story.

LoejtcLoejtcover 2 years ago

The WOKES are upon us. To the anonymous commenter who referred to "white savior complex":

Do you even know what the basis of this irrational theory is? Are you implying that when a young e.g. 10 yr old white kid befriends a 10 year old black kid he does it for his own self-aggrandizement? Would a 10 year old even know what self-aggrandizement is? Dave lost friends. How does that add up to self puffery?

Secondly, the only reason Brian is black was so Kara's adultery can be revealed as a surprise by the color of the baby at birth. Otherwise the author would have had to invent some innovative way to accomplish that part of the story.

But there are some people who only see through racist eyes. That is what is truly divisive. If the shoe fits..........

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 2 years ago

I loved this tale.

Very, very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a great story, really a gem which is quite typical for a great author, one of the best

Seghill_ZombieSeghill_Zombieover 2 years ago

@Loejtc

Wholeheartedly agree with your take-down of the anonymous woke commentator and their “white saviour” inanity. I do, however, disagree with your earlier commentary on the pregnancy issue. Brian did not “deposit semen in her vagina” - both protagonists said that condoms were used. Brian implied that to David when he said that they’d used a condom (one - to try to mitigate what they’d done) and a whole 12-pack when Kara was remembering back to what they’d actually done. She had no reason to believe that the baby was not David’s.

Another good story, BG. 5/5

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Interesting...

...so many commenters are looking for deep character development and full explanations for pre- and post- infidelity actions and thoughts - in a short story! BigGuy, I accept the depth of this shortie and have adequate imagination to fill in the blanks. Great story!

Keep 'em comin'.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars -

Just one more standard, run of the mill, BTB story and the only plot twist was you pulling out the black best friend card. I wonder what happened in your earlier life that has stayed with you so long, that it continues to show up in the stories you are writing today?

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

The bueaty and the talent of a writers ability to write one is lost on your work.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...