All Comments on 'Zoea - Retaliation'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Great story DG! As usual, 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS!

PraetusPraetusalmost 2 years ago

Semi satisfying... but why be friends with Brad? The guy betrayed him in a fundamental way. As did Amy. No one forced them.

Forgiveness is lovely but it doesnt feel earned here by the pair of them. So what that Amy loved Zoea? Still cheating. The scale of betrayal is... staggering.

Credit to the MC getting over it.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

This was good but for an oops... Eric still remained living in his Bahama 23rd floor apartment (implied) ["My mind went back to the first day Zoea came to see me."] ?

\

Nice love story... but had a conflict in logic; Chicago nude health club, Amanda was also a member but only with the women and she did not like nude beeches?!? The health club had male/female separated areas - so the male predators could not gawk at the nudes?

\

No issues with Bahama 'doing business', 'owning a house', as non-citizens? IRS/Tax issues? Three kids citizenship(s), of course returning to the USA twice a year (assume at least two seeks) would re-establish USA citizenship?

\

With Eric having all the real brain's in the Investment company, how did Brad fair when Eric no longer supported the Ohio firm? I thought Scott lived in Ohio but this story has him in Chicago?!?

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes...

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalalmost 2 years ago

can tell you didn't care that much on this followup, the sheer amount of times you mixed up zoea and amy's names in the beginning said everything

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 2 years ago

I agree with other commentors. Brad an Amy should have been history. They did not deserve his friendship. Otherwise, it was ok.

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

3 stars - standard LW story with nothing extraordinary or unique to warrant a higher score.

In fact, it was kind of vanilla with no passion nor spark.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Good story but I would have been completely done with Brad and Amy.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Meh...nothing bad...nothing stands out... no pathos not much of anything

3 stars

Wh00sherWh00sheralmost 2 years ago

He advised me to call Brad and Amy to notify them of Amy's death

One of the many errors in this story.

Just felt meh after reading this. After all that he was still friends with Brad. Really!?

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

"It didn't turn out to be much of a retaliation". Huge understatement and sums up this story well. Amanda, really???! She was introduced as also being a member of the nude health club. You also did a poor job of describing any affection between the two of them. Way, way below your usual standards. The first story was horrible and you didn't do anything to make this one or the original any better.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

didn't read the original, but this was OK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mmmm so all is forgiven and he trusts amanda to be faithful even though she went to that health club known to really be a place to have casual sex. Surprised that only 7 months later he is all set to marry.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

Not great sorry. Original (with its final endinfg) was much better. There was literally no retaliation to ANYONE. And I agree with other commenters, Amanda raises way too many red flags.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If you want a follow-up to the heart-breaking story of Zoea, it is all hear, and the hero gets a very good outcome.

However, something is off with this story. It just seemed flat. More like a recorded history than a Romance story.

Did the author feel he owed a finish, but was not excited. Normally the author is 5/5. Not this time. I am not giving a rating because I like the author so much and registering disappointment is enough.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 2 years ago

A decent follow-up to the original. 4 stars

HragsHragsalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thank you for writing it.

francemanfrancemanalmost 2 years ago

first of all, thank you for this sequel because as stated in a comment on the first story, it deserved a sequel or a resolution.

Like many, I am very divided on this part.

Eric doesn't seem to be bothered by his past experience with a lying and cheating wife for years who commits suicide before his eyes, very close friends who simply betrayed him.

eyes, very close friends who simply betrayed him.

He takes revenge on Zoea's lovers but in my eyes Brad and Amy's behavior and attitude were 1000 times worse.

Precisely, about Brad and Amy, without resorting to revenge, I would have really at least drawn a line, purely and simply erase them from my life, and that definitively.

Personally I proceeded in this way and from the moment you erase them, it no longer affects you.

Your forgiveness and leniency towards them seems so far from my own conception.

on the other hand, I liked Amanda a lot even if you let some doubts pass (or red flags as you name it).

As they say, don't judge someone by others, or as we say back home, don't judge a book by its cover.

Rancher46Rancher46over 1 year ago

The sequel is much better that the original story, the Zoea character was a sad person who for whatever reason did what she did and then jumped out of a 20-story window because she couldn't handle the repercussions of what she did to her husband and her marriage. In the end Eric and Amanda did get their happily ever after and that was the only good part of the whole story. 4 stars for the sequel.

Rocky62Rocky62over 1 year ago

Nice ending for our hero, buuuttt …. I kinda expected that he knocked Amy up with a lust child. Maybe next installment

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

No needed honestly. It brings down the original. If you just had to write another chapter, you should have told the story from Zoea's perspective.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

I didn't like the original dark ending, so I don't really like this sequel.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Nice ending to a sad sordid story.

4/5

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

No way she loved husband enough to kill herself rather than live without him but all she had to do to keep him was keep her pants on and be faithful

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why did he need assistance getting rid of his cheating ex wife's junk. She was dead. He didn't want it. What would have pressured him so much to cause him to do the very thing he did not want to do?

Surely dumpsters are cheap. Or a phone call to the Salvation Army. Or just make a pile on the front lawn with a sign saying "Please do not steal this" That sign seems to work better than just putting one up that says "Free"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Silly contrived story, just like the first. Nothing very real, and I could never accept a story where a wife loves here husband enough to commit suicide, but would wantonly cheat on him. Moreover, how could she get away with it for so long? Story makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why average.

Generous

I was brought up before Free love etc (and love is never free)

And taught it takes two to tango

So many authors seem to forget that. I know most of time one is More guilty But doesn't excuse other

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MR CUCK IS BACK TO BEING FRIENDS WITH BRAD AND AMY....A WEAK PATHETIC CUCK MC

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

The title is confusing. Retaliation? She's dead, how can he retaliate against her or how can she get retaliation?

Everything he said he felt towards Amanda was basically the same way he felt about his late wife.

Other than that, sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All great but for reconciliation with Brad and Amy. I would have screwed up their relationship by exploiting Amy's infidelty; destroying their trust/bond-- a quid pro quo.

G

doctrptdoctrpt10 months ago

I appreciate this ending. It may not have been how I told the tale, but it was well written and a believable resolution of the story.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOd10 months ago

Another shit.

Didn't expect this from this author.

Tooo much potential lost .

And after reading the this part I would like to say the MC deserved the 'misfortunes' bcz of his stupidity.

Foolish utter foolish.

The story was just like the MC , UNSTABLE.

AngelRiderAngelRider4 months ago

Clown show. Not even 3 paragraphs in and this idiot is screwing up names. No proof reading whatsoever.

I'm not reading this nonsense. Were you drunk? Because for the life if me I cannot understand how you can screw up the name of a character that is so obviously unique. I get that it happens in longer stories but you fucked it up immediately. Jesus christ.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

why stay friends and you know 'Mandy" did your wife at the nude place, right?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Can't agree with reconciliation with Brad and Amy. They were execrable and directly led to his wife's suicide. Screw them!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19692 months ago

I enjoyed it. ideally Brad and Amy would be out of his life, Jim and Bob would be pushing up daisies or in jail for rape and assault and the connection between Brad and JimBob would have been revealed (why did didn't go after them on the beach or cruise) but that's not the story you wanted to tell and I'm fine with that. The drama in this part wasn't as intense but it was a good antidote to the grim ending of the original.

gasperguy69gasperguy6922 days ago

Thank you for the closing of the original story. I always felt there should have been more to the sad ending. I think this closed it perfectly!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories