LadysMan2U

My member name is also LadysMan but I can't access that name for some reason.

I believe in being very passionate in my story-telling. If I don't put the effort forth why should anybody like the stories? I must confess. I'm sure I will never write a story that is mistake-free, but I will always try to use spell check and try and proof-read my work. The most important thing to me is the story. If I had characters you liked and they do nothing interesting what good is the story? To me, good story makes good characters (and it could be the same vice-versa)

[Advice to aspiring writers]-

First off, ask yourself is you really want to invest your time (& ours) in writing. If you do, try your best. Don't just put your stories out there with glaring spelling mistakes (especially in the title of your story!). Use a spell-check. There are many free programs for writing your stories, spell-checking and grammar- checking included. It doesn't take much effort or time to download and use these free programs. (Try download.com for instance) Second, try to develop your characters, storyline etc so that it goes somewhere and makes it entertaining for the readers (& yourself). Third, remember that even small chapters of a multi-part story should have a BEGINNING, MIDDLE & END. Some writers I see just toss out the first chapter and end so abruptly it leaves the readers baffled. Yes, you should keep them wanting more. No, you shouldn't keep them wanting more in a bad way. Beginning/middle/end = important whether it is a complete story or an on-going storyline. You can always find a temporary end to your chapter. It could be as simple as the end of a day, or moving to the future in your storyline (days/months/years later).

Try not to let your paragraphs go on too long. If it's 2-3 inches long that's about where you want to be. Sometimes the story requires you to use a longer paragraph, but to do so endlessly can ruin your story. Think of paragraphs as rest-stops, if not for you, for the reader. Sometimes we have to stop and take a breath and it's hard to do when a paragraph goes on forever.

Also, here is something I know many people find annoying. Try to use the right words in the right context. To, too & two. Their, there & they're. Dear/deer. Hi/high. Write/right. Through/threw. Your/You're. Here/hear. Past/Passed. Little things like this can determine how good your story is. While even the pro's make mistakes, it benefits all parties when the writer tries their best to lessen simple errors that can make a world of difference to a story. You can make a bad story decent, a decent story good, a good story great if you just put forth the effort to weed out the simple mistakes. I'm not saying I am mistake-free (I cringe when I see a mistake in my stories as most writers do)

I try to improve with each story. The best way to improve is read other stories, especially the top stories, to see how the writers better than you do it. Pick up on how they pace a story, how they write dialogue, action. Learn how to write passionately, giving descriptive details that can vastly improve a story. Here's an example : I was walking down a street in the dark. Descriptive sentence : I was walking down the dark, narrow street looking over my shoulders my heart beating fast as I felt more than saw a shadow approaching behind me.

Details can make it easy for the readers to visualize your story. I know my main strength lies in visual writing. Descriptive details that let the reader envision my stories. Sometimes you don't want to get too descriptive. Leave some things for the readers to imagine on their own. In their own way, a reader can add to your stories if you balance details right. All it takes is imagination.

Lastly, even for those writers who blow me away with their skill/talent, but get stuck in that land of writer's block that we all have visited,I found that the best way to get around writer's block is to read. Read other stories. (Don't steal) Get inspired! I find that stories can inspire me to write stories that are far different from the original story that moved me. Make sure you want to write. Also you can go back to the basics - Who, What, Where, When, Why & How. Apply these to every story and you are bound to solve writer's block. Sometimes taking a good relaxing break also works. Whatever you do, do it with passion...........

*Update - For those of you who have waited forever, I found a good portion of Still Hot Chapter 7 on disc. While still in very rough form and not completed a good bulk of story is there to work from and re-write (I cringe when I read some of my older stuff).

For those of you who don't know, I am LadysMan. I can't log into my literotica account under that name, in the story section, and have been trying to contact the site for help with no response. Maybe if I submit a story they might respond. I don't know.

I've really gotten back into writing. I probably overextended myself going for a 10 chapter story, instead of pacing myself better for the long-haul. I have plenty of stories & plot-ideas so I expect to be posting pretty soon. I hope Literotica adds my story to this name so I can see the ratings of my stories and access them easier. Besides not being able to log in that name (only in the stories section, but I can login & access the name in the forum section for some reason) I also had computer crashes. Literally. The last computer completely died, but something was wrong with it for a long time. It was overheating despite two fans.

I was without a computer for months and finally got a new one a few months ago. I'm still not back online (I'm using my sis's (Carmen) computer in the meantime to access the internet so I would have to write my stories, edit them, proof-read, transfer to disc and upload them here so Literotica can either approve or deny it. I don't even know if I can post the stories since they are not responding to my emails. It is a bit discouraaging when I can't even get a response from them. Maybe when I have the story completed and post it they might realize that this is actually me (LadysMan).

If anyone can contact literotica on my behalf and explain my situation it would be a big help. They can contact me at the email names below.......Stay tuned.

You can reach me at ladysman2n4u@yahoo.com or ladysman2u@yahoo.com to leave feedback. If you want a response please leave your email address and be civil. I can handle constructive criticism, but if you attack I will not write back.

Location

Pennsylvania

Member Stats

14 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
2Followers
102Following
136My Favorites

More About Me

Fetishes

Hot Ladies. Incest, Interracial, Loving Wives, Group Sex, Nonconcent, A Little Tiny Bdsm In Story Only.

Find Me Online

Contact Member

Contact LadysMan2U by clicking here.