• Authors
  • janon314

janon314

July 2022

A gentle reminder to the readers of this site about the efforts of the authors. First you have to remember that the thousands of authors on Literotica are unpaid and publish for the love of it. Where else do you get thousands of hours of FREE entertainment these days?

Because I compose my stories in my head before I put my fingers to the keyboard, I write a consistent 1,000 words an hour. If I add up the 29 stories I’ve published to date, it’s about 260 thousand words. So that’s a long time to think up smutty stories. But it gets worse, as for every hour I spend writing, I probably spend another 2 re-reading and editing. So that’s up to 780 hours.

And on average a person reads 1,000 words in about 3.3 to 4 minutes. If you sat and read all the stories, it would take just over 15 hours. So the ratio of my time to my readers is over 50 to 1. A 5,000 word story might take you 20 minutes to read, but over 16 hours to write and publish.

However, if you take the average time to read each story and multiply it by each story's number of views. That number, for me, comes down to 450 hours of hopefully, pleasurable reading for each hour I spend writing. Which starts to show why the authors put their time in to give you enjoyment.

And I’ve only published 17% of the stories I’ve written so far.

Gender

Male

Author Stats

9 Years AgoMember Since
Two Years AgoUpdated
421Followers
3My Comments
5Series Published

More About Me

Age

56

Orientation

Straight

Dating Status

Attached

Contact Author

Contact janon314 by clicking here.