• Authors
  • Venustas

Venustas

Lateral thinker - good at solving unusual problems - I have both an Engineering and Science backgrounds - adept programmer.

I had a number of stories in various stages of completion. Most of them have rewritten parts as better ideas have surfaced and it is these areas of change that are most likely to have errors. As for editors and further rewrites, I personally just don't have the time. I'll have moved on to something else.

Unfortunately Windows 7 falsely decided my RAID0 drive needed to be repaired. I guess there was a message telling me it was going to do this if I didn't cancel within a time limit. When I returned the process was already half complete, rendering the drives useless. RAID0 configuration allows two drives to be treated electronically as one. The effect of the MS “repair”, was the equivalent to taking the only printed copy of you manuscript and cutting it in two down the middle and discarding all left hand halves. A USB memory backup stick connected to the same computer was blanked. What idiot at MS thought it was OK to make major changes to drive without approval, and what bigger idiot signed off on it?

It was always my intention to get the drive recovered, but a recent health report suggests I'm unlikely to reach my birthday in June, but being bloody minded I'm out to prove it wrong.

Meanwhile I'm on a salvage mission trying to cobble some some ideas from other lost stories into short renditions. As they are rushed to beat my “DEAD” line they will not be to the standard I would have preferred. My spelling English, that's real English and not a colonial variant. My grammar is what it is, colloquial and may lapses into one of my dialects. Use it to widen your horizons, you would also be wise to remember that English is a live changing language of many flavours – it would take a fool to try and Judge global grammar correctness.

As for the frequent "It's not finished" comments. Is any story ever finished? As most authors are not in the business of writing daily/weekly soaps it is the author who decides that they have said all they set out to and drew the line when any more would not progress story.

Location

Western Hemisphere

Member Stats

6 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
1Followers
66Following
30My Favorites
96My Comments

More About Me

Weight

Average

Height

Average

Orientation

Straight

Dating Status

Attached

Hobbies

Genealogy, Web-Design, , Solving Logic Problems

Contact Member

Contact Venustas by clicking here.