• Authors
  • AG31

AG31

My history with erotica

I experienced an unusual set of events at the end of 2020 which caused me to re-engage with erotica after some fifty years. (See the afterword to my story Twelve Maxbridge Street). This caused me to explore sites such as this one. I have two purposes.

The first is to find more stories that appeal to me. I'm looking for stories that feature a strong man who surrenders with dignity to pain and/or sexual humiliation.

The second purpose is to find out where my sensibility fits in the world of erotica today. I was introduced to erotica in the late 60's. At that time The Story of O was being talked about in the mainstream media. I was very surprised to find that there are almost no stories like that in modern day erotica. I'm very curious about how people perceive those "classic French erotica" stories and my own stories. Negative feedback is as valued as positive.

A description of my niche

After several years of noodling about what my stories are about, I came up with a name for my (probably unique) niche: Pure Male Surrender

I've long thought "pure" should be an adjective that applies to erotica. By pure I mean a story that has nothing in it that doesn't contribute to arousal. There's no unnecessary back story. No scene setting except the current physical place. In the case of my stories it doesn't include distracting human relationships (don't read "includes non-human.") My charcters are so overwhelmed by their surrender they don't have time to reflect on their subjectivity. There's also no room for sexual desire for the other, whether hetero-other or homo-other. All action involves "being done to."

NOTE: In the fall of 23 I started a thread in the forum to advocate for "pure erotica," but I ended up deciding to switch my advocacy to "simple erotica." Much better, as it doesn't place a value judgement on erotica that attends to plot and character.

"Male," because that's just how it is for me. It may be odd for a 79 year old female. But there you are. Read the afterward to Twelve Maxbridge Street if your curious as to how this came about.

"Surrender." My stories are all about surrender. "Surrender" is better than "submission" for me, and I'm not quite sure why. I think it has something to do with "submission's" connotations of power dynamics. "Dynamics" has a back and forth aspect that is greatly reduced in my stories.


Location

Maine, U.S.

Author Stats

3 Years AgoMember Since
Last YearUpdated
30Followers
20Following
16My Favorites
184My Comments

More About Me

Age

80

Contact Author

Contact AG31 by clicking here.