• Authors
  • KHelm

KHelm

4/29/24

Wanted to let you know that I'm still alive and give a quick update on my situation.

My grandmother suffered a stroke a few months ago, which eventually led to her needing to move in with us to help manage her care.

It's been really difficult and draining, which made it hard to write, and the more I fell behind on the writing, the more guilty and avoidant I felt about even addressing the situation. It was quite the mental health downward spiral for productivity.

It's looking like we're coming to the end of care for my grandmother, and she's transitioned into hospice.

I don't know when I'll be back to writing Spellman, but I do want to get back eventually. It doesn't help that the next chapter was supposed to deal with some of the issues Cece is having with managing her dad's care, which has been (perhaps unsurprisingly) very difficult to write.

Because of this, I've actually been more productive on another story I had been working on as a way to avoid dealing with my problems writing Spellman. It's a much shorter story, but it's possible (and maybe even likely) that whole story gets posted before the next chapter of Spellman. Hopefully the process of finishing that up will get my creative wheels spinning again in a way that lets me jump back into Spellman with a fresh set of eyes.

Gender

Male

Author Stats

2 Years AgoMember Since
TodayUpdated
832Followers
55Following
20My Favorites
20My Comments
1Series Published

More About Me

Age

33

Orientation

Straight

Dating Status

Attached

Contact Author

Contact KHelm by clicking here.