NoLongerAnon

14JUN23. RIP Maonaigh. As well as an author of considerable skill, he was also a stalwart of this site. Many was the time that I would finish reading a story and find his comments, which almost always mirrored my own thoughts, but expressed far more eloquently. I liked to think of him as a kindred spirit. I will miss him.

++++++++++++

I came to this site as an anonymous reader, reading mainly for the hot sex. One day I read a story that was so good a story that I couldn't resist commenting. That freed me up to comment on some more stories. It was one particular response to a comment that made me realise that I needed to own my comments. So I created this account. Now I read for good stories, am a frequent commentator, and have had rewarding engagements with several authors. However, it's unlikely that I will progress to writing my own fiction.

Most of my reading is lesbian romances. I used to worry that this was somehow inappropriate, given my gender and orientation, until I read this blog post https://reandeen.com/2016/07/21/why-i-write-what-i-write/ by RE Andeen, known hereabouts as Salish. I saw in this what attracted me to lesbian stories. Let me quote the relevant part "When a woman settles down with a man, his needs expand to fill up the available space in the relationship, only leaving room for hers to squeeze in around the edges ... Lesbian relationships completely upend this dynamic. They start on even ground. Differences in age, income, class, ethnicity, religion, and all sorts of other things may unbalance a relationship between two women, but the big hammer is completely absent. A lesbian is never the lesser partner just because she is a woman." You can read a good example of that problem with a male/female romance in Cagivagurl's story Belle https://www.literotica.com/s/belle-3. (Cagivagurl is an excellent writer, whom I recommend, but maybe this story is not for me.) Although one should not try to draw too many parallels, a lesbian story that I couldn't help compare it with is The Tennis Star https://www.literotica.com/s/the-tennis-star-ch-01 by JCMCNeilly.

Location

UK

Gender

Male

Member Stats

2 Years AgoMember Since
Last YearUpdated
4Followers
53Following
42My Favorites
317My Comments

More About Me

Orientation

Straight

Contact Member

Contact NoLongerAnon by clicking here.