• Authors
  • The_John_Yossarian

The_John_Yossarian

This is the stealth reading and commenting account of a published Literotica author. A Literotica contributor of nearly twenty years said that commenting under your publishing profile causes some readers, other writers, or friends of those writers to retaliate with low scores and anonymous trolling. "Get yourself another account," he advised, "or just comment anonymously." Using this account when reading and commenting has reduced the number of negative, anonymous emails to my other profile. Although, I do get some interesting ones through this profile.

If you're a writer on this site, I can only guess at your motives or reasons why you publish here. I am of the opinion that you should give your best, always aiming to improve your writing. Sorting through the various feedback in either comments or emails can be challenging because so much feedback lacks objectivity or isn't constructive to the extent it helps us improve. Critique needs to be supported with examples unless it's obvious.

In one infamous category, many writers seem to write solely for the adoration of the commenters, which results in stories that are formulaic and almost identical. I would advise them to write their story because the vast majority of readers do not comment and generally vote honestly. If you doubt me, look at some of the stories with the worst comments but have a high view count and a decent rating. Download your story stats and look at them, and you will see how few actually comment, especially if you turn off anonymous comments.

Remember that the only truly wasted day is a day when you don't learn something.

Location

West of Nowhere

Member Stats

Two Years AgoMember Since
This MonthUpdated
2Followers
19Following
24My Favorites
241My Comments

More About Me

Age

124

Hobbies

Dividing By Zero, Finding Obscure Humor, The English Language

Contact Member

Contact The_John_Yossarian by clicking here.