Hands on Training

Story Info
Police Academy cadets get close.
3k words
4.67
35k
14

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/04/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
t0nst3rs
t0nst3rs
150 Followers

Kayla thrashed around in her sleep, the nightmare overtaking her entire being. She was flailing, trying to resist someone. She kicked and struck out at the air as she incoherently mumbled words of fight and fright. The blaring of her alarm startled her away, as she sat straight up in her bed, drenched in sweat. It took her a moment to get her bearing on herself, realizing that she was indeed in her bed, alone and safe, and not in that place in her nightmare-the nightmare which haunted her. She slammed her hand down on the alarm to silence it, and then put her head in her hands, giving herself a moment to compose herself before getting up to tackle the day.

The alarm read 5:30 a.m. Kayla had been waking at his hour for the past ten weeks for the Police Academy. She was almost half way through the 26 weeks of intensive, boot camp like training that was the Somerset County Academy, deemed to be the toughest in the state. It wasn't by choice that Kayla was at this Academy, rather jurisdiction. Her body ached continuously since she'd begun. But, if she wanted to make it through the program, and be able to get on the streets and have a positive impact in the community, she had to struggle through the aches and pains.

Kayla rolled herself off her bed and shuffled into the shower, relishing in the feel of the hot water as it hit her shoulders. She placed her hands on the wall, leaning against it for support, and let the water run down her body. She reflected back on the nightmare and wondered why she was still having them after all this time. She'd been through therapist after therapist, and while she thought she had dealt with her feelings about her past as much as humanly possible, the nightmares still haunted her.

Shaking the cobwebs free, she turned off the shower and quickly got dressed so she would have time for a light breakfast before she left.

888888888888888888888888888888

Dave was standing around bullshiting with some of the guys when she walked in. He'd had his eye on her since the first day of the Academy. Hell, all the guys probably did. In a cadet class of eighty-five, she was one of only five women, and by far, the best looking. She was on the smaller side, probably about 5'4", but she was solid looking, not one of these twig girls you could snap in half. She had also refused to cut her hair, so she lacked the androgynous look many female cadets had. The blonde, shoulder length curly mass hung down and framed her pixie face, as she had yet to throw it up in a ponytail. Kayla walked past Dave, briefly making eye contact, her blue eyes meeting his brown. He smiled, but she quickly looked down, her face falling forward to cover her eyes.

His smile faded, and he furrowed his brow. He wondered she looked away. She seemed confident in all their exercises, both physical and in the classroom. Was she just shy? Was she a lesbian? His thoughts were broken up as the Sergeants walked in and they their training for the day.

Every morning began with a five mile run. This was never a problem for Dave, as he played football in high school and was used to the grueling two a days that were inflicted upon players in the 100 degree heat. Many had passed out from heat exhaustion, and those at the academy were no exception. After the running came the pushups, pull ups, sit ups, and whatever other torture the instructors decided to throw at you that day. This was all inflicted before the 10 o'clock hour, when they switched you to an actual physical exercise or some sort. Yesterday had been rescue swimming. Today was to be self-defense grappling and throws.

The cadets were broken up into smaller groups of about twenty or so for the exercises, with two Sergeants assigned to each group. They would explain the practicum behind the exercises, demonstrate them, and then call upon cadets in pairs to execute them for the group. Three or four pairs had demonstrated their techniques when Sergeant Murphy called out the names "Mitchells" and "Donnelly". Kayla and Dave stepped forward. The Sergeant explained the throw and wanted Dave to be the attacker.

Great, Kayla thought, I'm never going to be able to throw this guy. Dave towered over her at about 6'1". While he wasn't overly muscular like some of the meathead gym rats at the academy, Dave was plenty solid. The Sergeant instructed them to begin and Dave grabbed her from behind. His right forearm came up to wrap around her throat, while his left arm wrapped around her body, crushing her arms and breasts underneath his clutches. Her fellow cadets cheered her on as she began to struggle, she suddenly stopped.

She was transported back to the day in her nightmares, its feeling all too real and familiar. She saw the faces, felt the pain, and zoned out from the present. She paled, her eyes large and filled with fear. Kayla screamed and stilled again. After a few seconds, Sergeant Murphy instructed Dave to break the hold, but she never heard him. She was still in that place, that place she had tried so hard to forget. "Donnelly, Donnelly," the Sergeant called to her several times before she snapped back to the present, and realized what had just happened.

"Donnelly, what the hell was that?" The Sergeant questioned her. Kayla filled with embarrassment, and turned away just as she began to cry, running from the gymnasium.

"Sir, may I?" Dave asked hiking his thumb back towards the doors Kayla had just burst through. The Sergeant just nodded, and Dave spun on his heel and jogged after her.

Dave began scouring the building for her, but had no luck. He checked the halls, classrooms, and cafeteria. He was about to give up his search when the door to the women's locker room caught his eye. He looked around the hall, didn't see anyone, and quietly made his way in.

He walked past the row of lockers towards the shower area, where he found her huddled on the floor. She was sobbing, and hadn't heard him come in. Dave slowly made his way towards her and called out to her. "Kayla?"

His voice startled her, and she looked up to see Dave slowly walking towards her, as if he was gingerly walking through a landmine, testing the ground. She pulled the front of her shirt over her face, in an attempt to soak up the tears. He squatted down in front of her, waiting for her to look up at him again.

When she didn't, he began to speak, "Kayla, I'm sorry. I don't know what I did, but I'm sorry," he said sincerely.

She sniffled and used her palms to wipe her eyes again before finally making eye contact with him. "It's okay Dave, it wasn't anything you did. It's just me. Maybe I'm not cut out for this."

"Well, I don't know what happened today, but you've been doing great. I wouldn't allow one setback to make you doubt yourself."

Setback she thought. He has no idea what a setback this was, and she was not about to start to tell him. "Dave, I just made a complete ass out of myself. I froze. As a cop, you can't do that."

"Yea you froze, but it happens. And, don't worry, you didn't make an ass out of yourself. Thompson farting during his sit-ups-that's making an ass out of yourself."

She couldn't help but giggle, remembering that say so many weeks ago.

"C'mon," he said extending his hands out to her to help pull her up from the floor. She took them, and he waited for her while she went and blew her nose and washed her face. They walked to the door of the locker room, and he held it open for her. She began to walk through it, and turned and stopped. Kayla looked up at him and said "Thank you."

Dave smiled, and looked down at her, pushing a stray strand of hair out of her face. "Anytime," he said brushing his knuckles along her left cheek.

Kayla suddenly felt a soft spot for this man, something she couldn't describe, something she had never felt before in the pit of her stomach. She smiled, and slowly turned away. He followed her back to the gym, enjoying the view.

888888888888888888888888888888

Kayla was able to get back into the swing of things, and over the next several weeks, she and Dave were paired up during exercises several more times. She also started eating lunch with his little group, and the boys became her big brothers and protectors of sorts. If anyone tried to bust her balls or give her any shit, other than the Sergeants of course, they busted them down to size.

She was walking to her car Friday afternoon when Dave caught up to her. "Hey, a bunch of us are going to McCarthy's later tonight. You game?"

She thought about it for a moment. She hadn't had a beer since the academy started and the thought of an ice cold one brought a smile to her face. "Yea, actually, I think I am."

"Cool, I'll see you later then," Dave smiled, walking away backwards from her a few steps before he turned and gave himself a little satisfied arm pump.

Kayla went home and showered. Standing in her closet, she longed to dress like a girl, tired of the academy issued BDU's. She reached past her jeans for a denim skirt and black halter top. It was unseasonably warm for mid November, so she figured why not. Plus, McCarthy's was always busy, and it would get warm in there. She styled her hair, and applied makeup as well, surprised she remembered how. She hadn't worn makeup in ages. She then selected a pair of heels-black pumps which gave her an extra four inches of height. Giving herself the approving once over in the mirror, she grabbed her purse and left.

Dave had been at the bar with a bunch of the guys when a girl with a killer body walked in past them, looking for someone. He hadn't seen her face, but liked what he saw from the rest of her, as did the other guys, as they ogled her and made typical asinine guy comments. He laughed and looked down at his phone, checking the time and wondering if Kayla was going to show. Suddenly Thompson yelled "Oh Shit!" Dave looked up to see the girl walking towards them with a smile on her face, and jaw just about hit the bar, as did the rest of the guys when they realized the girl they had all been ogling was Kayla.

"Hey guys!" she said as she sauntered over to them.

"Damn girl, who knew all that was under your BDU's!" one of them shouted.

"Yea baby, you look good enough to eat," another one said.

"Thanks," she said, looking over towards Dave, who was still in a state of disbelief. He thought she was pretty without makeup and with her hair pulled back, all sweaty every day. But this-all he could think was wow.

He cleared his throat and asked, "Can I get you something?"

"I'll have a beer please, whatever's on tap. Thanks."

He ushered her towards the chair he had been occupying, placing his hand on the small of her back, and ordered her drink from the bartender. She crossed her legs as when she sat on the stool, and the movement hiked her skirt up farther, giving Dave a view of her toned legs almost to the tops of her thighs. He glanced up to where her skirt ended and wondered what kind of underwear she had on, if any. He felt himself beginning to get hard, and tried his best not to have anymore sexual thoughts about Kayla. He had to remind himself not to about every 30 seconds, and even then, it was a struggle.

The group hung out and talked before the DJ started up, and the pounding bass made it impossible to hear anything below a scream. "Do you want to dance?" Kayla asked Dave.

What?" he screamed back.

She shook her head and laughed, jumping down from the stool. She grabbed him by the hand and dragged him over to the dance floor. She placed an arm on his shoulder, and he a hand on her waist, and tell began to move to the sexually charged rhythms. They danced for the next several hours, breaking only when they got parched to do shots. Dave was respectful of her, and made no motion to grind up against her, especially in front of the other guys.

Kayla was having a good time with Dave, and the alcohol was helping her lose her inhibitions somewhat and let her guard down. So, when the DJ called last call, she was sad that the night was ending. She also realized that driving home was going to be a challenge, for she was far more inebriated that she should be.

They settled up their tab-Dave insisted on taking care of Kayla's portion, and walked out into the night air, which was much more brisk than when she arrived. Kayla crossed her arms across her chest and rubbed her hands up and down them trying to get warm. She was so focused on this task that she didn't see the curb, and tripped over it. She would have taken a flying leap, except that Dave's reflexes were quick, and he was able to grab her by the arms and pull her back into him, wrapping himself around her in the process. The heat coming off his warm, hard chest warmed her belly, and she forgot all about her arms.

"Maybe you shouldn't drive yourself home."

"Yeah, maybe your right," she replied, breathily, still leaning against his form. "I guess I'll call a cab."

"No, I'll drive you home, and then tomorrow I can bring you back here for your car."

"No, I don't want to impose on you."

Dave gave her a little squeeze. "It's not an imposition. C'mon." He slowly unwrapped his arms and let her go, letting his left hand slide down her arm to grab her hand, as he pulled her to his car.

Kayla got a sharp chill when he released her, and she shuddered. His fingers left a trail of goose bumps down her arm, as his hot flesh exposed her to the night air again. Her breathing hitched, and her legs suddenly felt weak, requiring her to focus on putting one foot in front of the other as they headed to his car.

888888888888888888888888888888

When they reached Kayla's apartment, she invited Dave in for coffee. They sat in her living room talking. As many hours in the day as they had spent together, they never really had the opportunity to talk intimately. She discovered that he had majored in History in college, had two sisters, his parents were still married, and that he had an odd obsession with TV theme songs. He could rattle off the theme to anything she threw out at him.

She had told him about growing up an only child in a broken home. She never really knew her dad, and how she worked full time while going to school to pay for it. She also hated tomatoes, but loved ketchup, spaghetti sauce, and tomato soup. "It's all about the texture," she told him.

"Can I ask you something?" he said. Kayla nodded. "What happened that day in the gym?"

Kayla took a deep breath. Do you mind if we not talk about it tonight. Maybe another day, but tonight's been so much fun, I don't want to ruin it."

Dave accepted it and didn't push the issue any farther. They looked at the clock and realized it was after 4am. Since he had to take her back for her car anyways, she suggested he just crash on her couch. Normally the thought of a man she really didn't know sleeping in her house would have creeped her out, but he made her feel safe when she was with him. She went to her bedroom and got him a pillow and a blanket. When she returned, he had stripped off his shirt, and was standing there in a wife beater folding his shirt, his arm muscles rippled as he did. She paused to watch him for a moment, transfixed, until he looked up at her, and she continued towards the couch.

"Here you go. The bathroom's down the hall on the right. Feel free to help yourself to anything in the fridge. There's also aspirin in the medicine cabinet if you wake up with a hangover," she told him.

"Okay, thanks."

"Alright, well, goodnight," she said as she began to back out of the room. She had just turned to go up the hallway when he called her.

"With his hands in his pockets, he shyly walked over to her, looking down. "You now, since it's my first night in a new place, I may get scared, so can I have a goodnight kiss?" he gently asked, with a boyish charm you would expect from a six year old.

She took a step towards him, and rose up on her tiptoes. "Goodnight," she whispered, as he lowered his head to hers. Their lips gently met, slowly brushing over one another, as if they were feeling each other out. Kayla placed her right hand on his chest to steady herself. Dave didn't try to deepen the kiss, and was the first one to break away. "Sweet dreams," he said, placing a light kiss on the tip of her nose.

He walked back towards the couch. She turned to go back up the hallway, and called out over her shoulder, "Watch out for the monsters!"

Dave laughed as he settled onto the couch with the blanket.

t0nst3rs
t0nst3rs
150 Followers