All Comments on 'Flight of the Wild Goose'

by virtualatheist

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

It's wonderful when a couple in crisis can find the love they once shared and be a happily family once again. And expecting.

Five Stars

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WILD GOOSE---BROTHER GOOSE

they are a pair with the same soul. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

OMG!!! A loving wife story where a wife actually loves her husband and doesn't cheat or makes him a cuckold! Very refreshing! Gold star to you!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Certainly a welcome change of pace from the usual garbage posted here.

Excellent job, author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great job!

A man with balls enough to take charge of his life, and put his marriage first; and a woman with the tits to say to herself my husband first...everything else after that.

I'm surprised there are not more stories with husbands and wives fighting their way back to a healthy marriage, as everyone knows that is much harder than divorce.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 9 years ago
Complete breath of fresh air here...

...I agree to what has been said so far: Pleasant and welcomed change in style.

In my eyes you have earned 5*. Please keep up the effort and thank you for writing this one.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Wow!

Nice to see people strong enough to do what has to be done to maintain a healthy relationship for a change!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Exactly where I am in life. Thank you for an excellent Sunday morning story reminding us what it's really all about.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
Fantastic story!

I was moved to tears by the end of this heart warming take. Thank you for making up for all the drek I had to plough through to enjoy an amazing tale of life and the choices we make.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This sounds familiar !

Its what I did, more or less. Wife, two kids, good secure pensionable job in London but my wife suffered from migraines and the kids were getting in with the wrong crowd. I chucked it in and we moved back to our roots in the country. Migraines gone within two weeks never to return, and me self-employed. Did I make millions? No. Bumps in the road? Of course. But now in our mid seventies our grandchildren make us proud, there`s a lot of laughter in our house and I can honestly say that my wife/best friend and I are more in love than ever. Thanks for the story. Good read !

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Delightful Tale

Reminds me of the options that I made. None of them regretable but I have heard colleagues that I lacked ambition to realize my potential but I reply that I had a very enjoyable life. Thanks for a tale that provokes memories in this old bugger....

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
No doubt about it....5*...

No doubt about it....5*...I rarely rate 5*, but this one deserves it!!! Thank you! This is a subject that affects almost all lives: A person get caught in routine, and loosing their own identidy, drifting apart from the family. Some would say this story is Romance, but it can fit in any normal category...

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Subtle as a Flying Brick err...Goose

It wasn't just 'one thing ', there was were a veritable gaggle of distractions that kept the couple from reconnecting. The conniving author did a first rate job of convincing me the wife was a lost cause and I started looking for the sweet, young thing to enter stage left and hook up with the main character. I'm glad I was wrong and even gladder that the author shared this story. Loved the TV fall from grace scene.

Full marks. :-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) !

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Obvious she was fucking the boss

throw her to the kerb she a disrespectful whore.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
Nicely done

Well-written and a good read. A true loving couple (although it seems too good to be true). Thanks for writing.

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago

Just for once a truly Loving Wife story , no cheating no BTB ,this story is a real credit to te genre ,5***** easely

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Well done!

A story with true purpose and meaning. A story that stirs your emotions and makes you think. A story that is well-written and free of typos and misspellings.

What is it doing here on this site?

(Just kidding. Excellent job. Thanks for sharing.)

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@Anonymous Troll

First of all, there is no indication that she even has a JOB, let alone fucking her boss.

Second, why do you feel the need to spew your hate so casually? Surely there are enough stories with actual slut wives who deserve your venom.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Comments

Why not take the work home with him rather than stay late? Then at least he’d have a decent supper and some quality time with his wife before the boob tube.

Lydia’s depending on them? How about THEM depending on each other?

Next weekend, turn off his phone and go away for the weekend alone, don’t come home till Sunday night, let her (hopefully!) miss him. If she says anything, tell her that she has time for everyone else but him so he didn’t think he’d be missed.

Ooh! the lottery, now THAT sounds exciting!

She doesn’t even hear him when he speaks!

“I asked you specifically to do me a favour”

No, you didn’t “ask” – when you ASK for a favor you wait for an answer.

"I have tried to be polite to you Lydia and it didn't work, so try to get this... Fuck. Off."

Perfect!

wonder203wonder203over 9 years ago
Good job

Nice story about a wake up call listened to. Liked the writing and the story. Well done.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 9 years ago
Good story

Makes you wonder what has happened in most of us in our lives. Time to take back our own lives. It is unclear what has caused this in our past. At least one has decided to take charge of his life. Thanks for the read.

cindylynn34cindylynn34over 9 years ago
very nice

was great to read and THINK ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent!!

It was well written and thoughtful.

Michael

maninconnmaninconnover 9 years ago
Well done!

Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story for anyone but especially thwe working class

who has a boss who takes all the credit and does none of the work!! Gave it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent story

I just wish more men had the courage to do what Donald did. A supportive wife is a bonus.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Great little story

Liked the metaphors with the wild goose. Nice (almost) flash story; well done.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
I liked it, a 4

Very enjoyable piece of writing, well done.

BriteaseBriteaseover 9 years ago
Good story

But the idea that running your own business means you have more time to yourself is a pipe dream. Didn't spoil the story though.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

a touching story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
****

Good writing and story. Nice to read Don got some gonads and Jan came around to see things his way. Fun to watch "V" flights of Canadian honkers pass over going from wheat fields to riverside parks where they make a mess. Cheers! connoisseur29

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80over 9 years ago
@Britease

I have my own business, which makes decent money, and I work a grand total of 6 hours a month. Yes that is 6 hours a month, not a typo. I am actually looking for something new to get into because I have too much time on my hands and I am bored. It is all about what kind of business and how you structure it. Every business takes hard work to set up initially with varying lengths of time needed to complete set up and establish a business. If Donald's goal in setting up his business was to make enough money to live and still have time for his wife, that is easily accomplished. To the author, bravo sir or madam, bravo

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Despite reconciliation scenr ...

There was a flashback scene and a reconciliation scene, both of which were fairly gratuitous. Except for thise, this would have fit best in Non-Sexual. There is a very non-adventurous wife (even after the reconciliation. Certainly not LW. Nice story otherwise ... however, both Bad Guys were pretty simplistic!

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Married to your work

It's pretty easy for guys to become married to their work. Just ask a guy, and they typically define themselves by their profession.

I'll remember this whenever I see geese from now on.

Thanks for the reminder

artykay63artykay63over 9 years ago
What is a womans roasting hole?

I had to laugh at this one. Maybe it where she cooks the goose. Still sounds like a skein to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well so far there was only one "hint" of wrong category....

I was expecting more commenters to say this didn't "belong" here. So I geared myself up to make a little rant. Hell, even Swingerjoe liked it, and spoiled my ire at any who would dare to find this heartwarming story "boring"! Actually, it seems your response here is nearly 100% positive. And that really makes me feel good for you. This great little story really deserves its well earned 'H'.

I guess one MIGHT think that this was more romance, and since there was no cheating, then...... BUT WAIT A MINUTE! See LW is, if nothing else, the category for stories about complicated marital relations. Often that involves traditional infidelity. Sometimes that adulterous behavior is laced with fetishistic kink and mental anguish. Sometimes, an understanding has been reached, sometimes the only solution left is to find the pathway out. But the thing they ALL have in common, is a husband and a wife in a marriage that is troubled. Here, Donald and Janice are no exception. They have problems, and VA writes a powerful synopsis of the pathways they explore in which to find their way back....to eachother. The writing IS good, rife with feelings, frustration, hope, and nice use of the rather original "goose" metaphor. The dialogue is realistic, and the character development is believable. The idea that they needed medical assistance to get pregnant, and the here-to-fore lack of children had been at the root of their depression, was also realistic without having to be overstated. His job details, while manufactured to "fit" the plotline, were also ambiguous enough to remain believable. Every detail of the action was easy to visualize, and even the sex descriptions leant themselves more to the cerebral rather than penile. This was a very refreshing feel good 5 star effort!

And I'm so glad that most of today's LW audience agrees! Thank you very much!

Zed56Zed56over 9 years ago
Well.written good read

Enjoyed how they solved the problem in their lives/marriage.Communication.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
CINCO ESTRELLAS GRINGO !!!

LIKE IT SHOULD BE.

ps. stay away from the hooded claw of polyamory and keep the cuckys from your door

Harry in VA's Witness

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I am glad he could recognize and respond when he heard

the wake up call.

nice touch with the goslings at the end.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Three-no four things...

One, running your own business takes lots of time, but if you're doing it with that special someone it isn't like working for someone else. It becomes a act of love.

Two, this wasn't a marriage in crisis it was a marriage dying a slow quiet death; like the frogs in the pot. They saved something before it was beyond redemption. Well great for them.

Third, it might have been in the wrong category but thank God it was or I'd never read it.

Fourth, some will attack it because there was no carnal infidelity, or because our protagonist used his heart to make things right, or maybe because it was warm and good all the way through. This was a great voyage of rediscovery, and I loved it.

Certainly a five, a big five. Somehow i think if you constructed an infidelity story you'd bring us a warm, realistic happy reconciliation. I hope you do. Thanks so much. what a great read!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Don't see much of the feel good stories anymore...

... and I, for one, miss them. 5 big stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great feel good story

This is a loving wife story. It happens to a majority of us working married people. Nice he took a chance and made a boring life into a positive loving one. 5 stars . Best feel good story in quite a while.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
Well

Wasn't set in Pennsylvania. We have a plethora of wild geese, protected by the migratory bird laws, only they don't migrate.

Ok story, and well appreciated, but too simple and too sweet for me. Not many young wives working for society charities around here. Maybe 50 years ago.

Chilleywilley

Ps scored higher than anything I wrote, so what do I know

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
I loved this...

A true loving wife...and husband story. This story had drama and conflict but just the right amount. Well done! 5 big stars.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Great Piece Of Writing*****

Very entertaining story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I gave it five stars...

... A straightforward story about a man who stands up for himself and his life. The characters were believable. For once the wife was written as something other than stupid, selfish and shrewish. A nice treat. Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Nice loving wife story all couples have ups and downs but he fought for them and they got back on track

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wild Geese

Reminded me of my favourite chapter in the Sword in the Stone where a tired, defeated Arthur whose wife has betrayed him finally finds some happiness. Good piece of writing.

tonkatrolltonkatrollover 9 years ago
5 stars

I loved your story; it was well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Damn geese

They honk up a storm and crap all over everything. Basically a noisy, dirty bird. And they don't make particularly good eating. Too sinewy. This was okay. Just. Nothing really clever or interesting in the writing. Glad it turned out well but not a particularly entertaining story.

njlaurennjlaurenover 9 years ago
Very touching

and apropo. It is funny, many of the stories in here involve cheating wives, but in this story both cheat, in that they both cheat the time they should have with each other for other things, for him work, for her the various charity things she does. And like in sexual cheating stories, he comes to realize the damage they are doing by cheating on each other like this and forces them to change. His boss and her so called friend are like the other person, they demand the other person be with them and know damn well they are taking from his /her life, but they don't care, because like the other person in a cheating relationship, they see only themselves. What is funny is that I am sure Jamison and the friend Lydia saw themselves as advocates of 'family values', would say they said it was the foundation of life, yet both of them in practice didn't seem to understand or care what they in their actions did to the family. Reminds me of the story about that asshole Dobson, head of Focus on Family, who was all this religious right bullshit, how wives should be home with the kids, how the family was being destroyed by gays and feminists and so forth, yet the asshole would fire employees who didn't work 60 hours or more each week...some family values, huh?

Anyway, to the author, a very touching piece. Yeah, geese are a pain in the ass, they leave a mess, though the birds that are protected are in fact the wild ones, the non migratory birds are the ones that create the mess, the migratory ones don't hang around long enough to make a mess. And geese are very family oriented, they mate for life, and they take care of their offspring (I know, have had angry males try to poke holes in the tires of my car, after he decided I stopped too close to where his family was crossing the road:). THe metaphor is apt, the goose can fly free, could go where it wants, but it also has in balance its mate and its offspring.

RePhilRePhilover 9 years ago
5 Star & Favorite!

Really good story you have a new fan!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It was an interesting and somewhat sweet path out of.....

....a dying relationship and premature mortality for an individual with talent and into a fulfilling and happy life with some sense of direction, purpose and a feeling of control over one's fate. While somewhat a fairy tale, it was enjoyable and honestly monogamous.

A very nice read.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you, enjoyed reading this.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
1 star - WTF

More anonymous crap criticism

Nice tale of becoming complacent and recovering from it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sweet!

Really good story with likable, relatable characters. Nicely done!

BTW, what does "old china" mean? Saw it in the story at least twice, but hadn't heard that term before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"I really am sorry old china" huh???

where are you from?

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 9 years agoAuthor
For those interested...

I am English.

And 'Old China' is a term of endearment between men, similar to 'chum' or 'mate'

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
virtualatheist

don't let the colloquialisms bother you. especially from anonymous posters. there are some folks who believe, because they speak a modified version of English, that all others, including the Mother Tongue, are incorrect and outmoded. but truth be told, even among those who profess to speak English in north America, (North of Mexico, South of Canada) there are so many variations on the same language it is impossible for all of them to communicate clearly. Put a group of people together from Maine, the outer banks, Alabama, New Orleans, Santa Fe, San Diego, and Fargo, and you might need a translator.

sorta like the day I was riding a southbound green line above the wash, when a lad from the highlands boarded, the driver asked him his destination, but after 15 minutes gave up and told him to put 2 and 6 in the chute and get off where he wanted.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
Short story perfection

Darn near the perfect short story. Clear, concise and yet filled with character development and suspense over which choices would be made.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago
Hit a button

This one spoke volumes to me. We get so trapped by out employment and outside activities that we become virtual slaves with no control over our lives and destiny.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
Enjoyable...

Liked the reconnection between them... especially nice that they both realized how they were being used by others not particularly interested in whether their lives went to hell as long as they got what they were after...

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
*****

That was a good 'un. Good writing as well as reading. My partner and I were in the company coffee/lunch room in K.C. back in the late fifties just shooting the breeze while waiting for our trip manifest. One of the dock hands was sitting at a table listening to us with his mouth open in awe. He thought we were Canadians as our northern accent was coming through. He addressed us as "sir" of all things. "What the hell, man! We're peons just like you!" Three million miles around the States and it becomes easy to know where someone is from just by the phraseology and accent. When operating amateur radio, I used code only. Especially communicating with other countries. No accent in dots and dashes. Cheers!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
so many layers

and so many levels

all good

wonder203wonder203over 8 years ago
Great Story

A really well written story with lots of great layers. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent story, thanks 5*

You write well. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wild Goose Indeed

very nice. Please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
annialate the

frigging atheist

1 star

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 8 years ago
A Good Change

For a change no cuckolding, no cheating, just a good loving wife.

ptolmetptolmetover 7 years ago
Reminder

A wonderful, well-written reminder of what is important in life. Frankly, those who do not like the category it is in are partially correct as "Romance" fits it well also, but this one shows what leads to a cheating situation and heads it off long before the thought is even formed. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Inspired AND

Inspiring

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 7 years ago
Bravo!

This is a life worth living!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

Loved this story. I wish I had done something like this.

Boyd Percy

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Excellent story.

Especially in the LW category, this story is much needed.

Thank you for a story full of emotions and just enough suspense without cheating, swinging, swapping, cuckolding, or wittol.

5 stars and favorited. Thank you for writing.

BigGuy33BigGuy33about 7 years ago
Loved it

'Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dayum!

I've read far to few of these of late. You wrote a sensible, genuine and above all, believeable loving wife, something I see far too little of in LW.

She woke up. realised what was at stake then made a real choice and backed her guy.

Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
BEAUTIFUL... BUT STIRRED UP SAD MEMORIES.

My boneheaded ex-bitch didn't wake up until she'd fucked a couple of guys, got dumped and, too late realized what we'd had that she'd dishonored and would never get back. I didn't betray her but she showed me that I'd be stupid to take her back because I could never focus on what I had to do while constantly watching what SHE was doing.

Someone who knew both of us told me that she cried her eyes out when she was told that I got remarried. She was looking at me as to see if I might feel guilty or sorry for her. My new wife exploded and told the stupid bitch who'd just pulled that shit to get the fuck out of our house. The scab had been torn loose but the wound wasn't as deep or unexpected. The world is overpopulated with insensitive assholes.

A five star story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years ago
Damn, what a great little story!

I think every husband whose been married for any length of time can relate to how this guy felt. The wild goose was the perfect trigger. Very well done. 5*s all day long.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

Tightly paced, well written, engaging... This was a masterclass in short stories and I loved the happy ending! Well done.

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

Magnificent. Truly a rare gem on Literotica.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 6 years ago
Awesome Story!

This is truly one of the gems... thank you.

kimi1990kimi1990almost 6 years ago
Awesome story!

Great talent on display. How sweet it is. People drift apart if they aren't careful not to let that happen. This was sparse, direct and delicious. Please write another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent work. Subject is all too real. What's different is he sees it and does what it takes to fix it. If it takes scaring the shit out of his wife, telling his boss to shove it, or his wife's friend to "FUCK OFF",, so be it. 5*, wish it could be a lot more.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Excellent

Totally different LW story. Inattention can ruin a marriage just as quickly as cheating. Great story of recognizing the problem and fixing it immediately.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Unique!

Well written and very enjoyable. Anyone who isn’t self employed knows how bosses push employees. In a lean economy it’s difficult to say ‘no’. I’m not sure I’d listen to a goose, or ask one for advice, but it worked for Donald. Definitely not typical of LW, which is part of the enjoyment.

xtchrxtchrabout 5 years ago
What A Twist!

What is this! A true Loving Couple. At the start I had all sorts of ideas of where this story was going. BUT you surprised the hell out of me when this was a couple who was really in Love and did something about it.

Thank you for a wonderful story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Loved it! 5*****

One thing: "cunt" really is an ugly term to use on the woman you love.

I did like the wife telling her friend "...my husband thinks you should fuck off and I agree with him." That was fun!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A perfect example

Of how we all should be! This is the Loving Wives category and after a year of reading the LW stories, this is the first and only one that lives up to the name. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A rare find in the LW wasteland

Well written and a creative plot. Nice departure from the stories that are nothing but a collection of cliches structured into "stories"

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 5 years ago
Extraordinary!

Touching 5****

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019over 4 years ago
Very Nice

A happy story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stonking Honk of a story!

I'm glad you kept the Mr Miyagi character for the last bit Mr Atheist-san, otherwise it might have given away the ending!

5 pointy things for a true example of an extremely well executed LW story - thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Way It's Supposed To Work

No lying, no cheating just coming to grips with the problems and finding ways to get back to where and when things were good. It took someone from across the pond to show us how. A great little read, thank you. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oh dear

Yet another dreamer who genuinely thinks that starting your own business will allow him more free time. Still it’s a story and reality doesn’t matter, does it

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Best

Your best story. Read it again with real appreciation.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
What the hack dies...

...”old China” mean?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
FAO Etchiboy

My "old china" is Cockney rhyming slang for mate.

China plate = Mate

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Very good thanks for the story.

lukeey90lukeey90about 3 years ago
Dahm

I love it i love it...the smart husband at last who saw the beginning of the end and dealt with it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous