All Comments on 'Sacked Without Notice'

by MitchFraell

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
hypocrisy

So I guess him having sex with a hooker doesn't count as cheating? What is he upset about?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well this was a complete cockup or bollucks or something bad....

This guy was just a stupid, self centered prick. What, exactly, did he do to keep the Company going? If Dave is doing the estimating and supervising the jobs and his wife is doing the books what is he doing? Besides fucking whores? He has the morals of a gutter snipe. He seems to know what kind of man Dave is from the start. He allows Dave to seduce Joanne, a young, naive girl just out of high school and then thinks it's fine for Dave to arrange for them both to fuck a couple of whores. This guy is a really despicable character and I feel no sorrow for him. I've run a small construction Company here in the States for years. The actions you describe would both bankrupt a Company and likely land the Owner in jail. Clients don't appreciate the hired help banging their wives. Young girls who get seduced at work sue for harassment. Wives that find out their husbands are cads file for divorce and ruin the Company. Cheating husbands get what they deserve - nothing and no one. If you intended to piss off the readers - you succeeded. If you were trying to tell a good story - you failed. Even for fiction (the - it's based on a true story is crap - no one believes you) this was simply too implausible to be a worthwhile read. No stars.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 9 years agoAuthor
A response to close off

Thanks for the comments.

The basis of this story took place around 1980. There were 4 different 'Daves' (and 4 different activities.) and 2 different 'I'. A generation ago men had a different attitude to women from that they have now and the result of that attitude is the legislation that is in force today. Plus the ability for legal recourse, which was difficult back then. 'I' worked on major projects so 'Dave' ran the minor works. The result of the adultery was, as suggested, divorce and the wrecking of 'I's business. The final 'Dave' character was very contrite and ashamed of what he had done. (Although he did 'date' and dump the office junior).

The conclusion, of course, is don't mix sex with work, even though it is a common theme in Lit stories.

MitchFraell

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Boring

Just a laundry list - not a story

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 8 years ago
I thought it was better than the commenters

1) for starters, the boss doesn't control the sex lives of the workers. All sex was apparently consensual, so a talk is inorder with the miscreant.

2) OK, one time he fucked a hooker who's name he didn't know, and would never see again. Not virtue personified, but not evil, and not a threat to a marriage. (only in Hollywood do buisnessmen marry hookers.

3) Wife fucking the employee, is unlikely to be the first time, they have been fucking for a while, and this is a direct threat to a marriage.

Good story

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
non

ending

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous