All Comments on 'Terra-33 Ep. 00'

by Objurgation

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Over_RedOver_Redabout 9 years ago
Good start!

I really liked the sci-fi aspects. You threw a lot at the reader very quickly, but did so in a way that was easy to understand and visualize. Your writing brought me into your pace and made the events seem fresh and exciting.

More context surrounding Remi's profession and description about the locations and environment would be good, but I assume that's coming in future chapters. Hopefully he can learn to put a stopper on the little brain and get his share of the dough.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next installment.

ObjurgationObjurgationabout 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Good start! - Over_Red

Thanks very much for your candid and well-thought-out words. I appreciate the encouragement and am excited to explore the world as well. My long-term plans are to continue this story through at least 150,000 words and really try out some concepts that I'll be using in another work I plan to publish as myself (no pseudonym). I think you'll enjoy the narration depth I'm adding with my next post, describing some of the governance and conflicts in the colony (New Bernburg).

I am currently Pending on my next installment and plan to drop regular ~5000 word posts until I get a five or so, then increase the size. I'm writing ahead now, really enjoying the light dialogue and just letting the characters flow instead of doing much outlining and planning on their interactions.

Anyway, plan to see more of Remi, and way more Trix very soon! Thanks again, Over_Red.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Something seems familiar

It seems you have been playing a lot of Destiny lately.

ObjurgationObjurgationabout 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Something seems familiar - Anonymous

I would posit that all science fiction is influenced by other work, similar to all other writing. You will find that concepts I use throughout this story will be familiar, ie: hyperspace, mechanized infantry, clones, aliens, future technologies. Rest assured that the author is aware that similarities will be drawn to other sci-fi works.

I encourage you to continue reading. You will find that within the first 20,000 words (which will be posted in short order), any similarities or concepts to a particular work will be missing. Thanks for your time.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Unfortunately

I read episode 01 before I found episode 00. Annoying, but it still works. Why start with chapter nothing instead of chapter one? Are you French? Their first floor is our second floor. Other than that, this is an outstanding submission. Can't wait for episode three...

ObjurgationObjurgationabout 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Unfortunately - SplitAces

Sorry about that. I'm actually not French, I just work in IT currently. The numbering system was a bit of a joke between my wife and I since frequently things are numbered in a 00, 01, 02, 03, etc. fashion.

I'm glad you liked it and rest assured that I won't be using Hex or any other weird numbering system beyond the leading Zero!

observer7observer7about 9 years ago
Eh, don't apologize

There is a precedent for "Ch 00" indicating a prologue, which is usually a fast-paced, eye grabber scene, before the actual story starts. It helps against a slower first chapter.

But ol' Sweet Lips SplitAces is easily disappointed by any author, because he expects perfection to his expectations and is kind of ill-educated. Just add another woman to your story and he'll tell you how you've let him down. Definitely don't apologize then! ;D

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Just ignore my personal stalker

I've no idea who it is; but it has repeatedly attacked and attempted to obfuscate my comments. Please don't think it's deranged ramblings represent my thoughts in any way, shape or form.

observer7observer7about 9 years ago
Sure, sweetie

It happens to nice one-size-fits-all judgers like you, SpA. And you asked if the author was French because you were annoyed not understanding what a zero chapter is. A prologue. Clearly you do not read enough comics. Why are you in SciFi again?

ObjurgationObjurgationabout 9 years agoAuthor
Posting Schedule

I actually meant 'That's unfortunate' more with 'Sorry about that' so that's what I should have said, but I agree with not apologizing.

This is a quick posting schedule which will be updated and posted on the tail of my upcoming post / on my author page:

Terra-33 EP 0.0 - 3/23/15

Terra-33 EP 0.1 - 3/26/15

Terra-33 EP 0.2 - (3/27/15 Initial Submit Date)

Terra-33 EP 0.3 & 0.4 - 4/15/15 Planned Initial Submit, this will start my double episode structure which I plan to continue, or I'll just lengthen the words per episode, not sure yet.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully everyone is as excited as I am about this story. Look forward to some solid sex scenes and much less teasing now that we're past the initial conflicts.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
I wasn't looking for an apology

Sure didn't need one. I enjoyed your story; but thought it worth pointing out that when you find episode one, you're likely to begin there rather than look for episode zero. As I said, it still worked; but I would have preferred to have read them in order. This is no big deal. But my stalker, as usual, tries to create drama where none exists.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Stupidity

I'm tired of stories where a main character gets fucked over because they are completely incapable of rational thought if a member of the opposite sex is around. Is humanity really this retarded. Is this normal for people? I enjoy sex but I'm not going to let it dominate me in a literal life or death situation. This shit just pisses me off and makes me wish the main character was dead.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous