All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 39'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
prayer wheels & silk scarves...

...will be used globally to celebrate Tibetan Independence Day. Hoo, hoo, and those honking big horns!

I look forward to the Musk Oxen races.

James,terrific chapter, loving ever word of it Fun frolicking in the sun and sand.

Really looking forward to chp 40.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great wrap-up...

the crazy, supernatural fueled hi-jinks are 'done' and now Cael can find out why this all happened in the first place. Maybe some ass-kicking?

And is Menner somehow part of Cael's unit now? I wonder how the world has changed in these three days : D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WRAP & DONE !!! FINALE!!!!

Please finish your UNFINISH STORIES you left ?????? Christian Sex College,What My Brother left Me?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

FinalStand, I just want you to know that for the last few years, I have been an avid reader, and always look forward to the newest chapters you post. I prefer this and CCSC, but I've been reading your other work as well.

Just keep up the excellent story-telling, and wacky adventures, man.

FknRaFknRaalmost 9 years ago
Another awesome installment as usual

"WRAP & DONE !!! FINALE!!!!" GEABOD (google it)

Thankyou FS for continuing this fantastic tale, hope your inspiration keeps it going 4EVAR!

really though, good shit, hope your health keeps improving

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Duuuuuuuuuuuude!

that is all!

sickasabatsickasabatalmost 9 years ago
Ooh a new chapter

I'm really enjoying this series and can't wait to see where it goes :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

'Chǒulòu de cuòwù' You mean 丑陋的错误? That is "bug" in the meaning of error, as in error in a computer program. Bug as creepy crawler would be 丑陋的虫子 - 'Chǒulòu de chóngzi' .

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Ugly Bug

I confess I could have done more research to make sure I got the translation correctly. In my defense, I know no native Mandarin speakers and it was Aya trying to relate what she heard to Cael who gets his Mandarin second hand as it is. That is my 'story excuse' that I'm running with anyway.

wolf9696wolf9696almost 9 years ago
5/5

very well done...love ALL your work...be blessed

pravzypravzyalmost 9 years ago
Finally...

after reading this now i am just dying to know what is happening around the world... When cael is being...... Well.. .. Just cael i guess ;)

God bless James aka F.S

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222almost 9 years ago
Another one out of the park!

Once again 5*'s FS. Thank you for continuing when your muse returned and not trying to force it. I am now curious to find out exactly how much the World has changed in the three days since Cáel and Aya were kidnapped. It sure is strange that the Romanians would be able to place a squad on the rescue team, unless maybe Romanian is now part of the Khanate and the Great Khan let them know that Cáel will be their representative in his court. Since he did give Cáel the title of their prince. Anyway I await the next instalment where hopefully we will at least find out how Zhen reacts to finding out she is now carrying one of Cáel's unborn boys. Thank you again for all of your stories FS.

gnome_mangnome_manalmost 9 years ago
OMG, OMG, OMG

I can't stand this series. Between episodes, I keep forgetting to breathe and then they rush me to the emergency room and they're starting really to dislike me there. I keep waking up, muttering, "Cael, Cael, I've got to have Cael..."

They've brought me kale and that helped me come back to life, but only until I opened my eyes and saw that it was the wrong "Cael."

I'm afraid that, in my extreme disappointment, I was less than polite.

Butt seriously, folks... I can understand how this episode took so much time to write. The scene in the cockpit was riveting, the tension was so thick that I could cut it with a knife. Thanks to FS's magic, I was right there with them, living through the terror and exhilaration.

Then, when they crashed!! The water! The chaos and Cael's desperate struggles in and under the waves! Combers crashing down, hurling people about like rag dolls!

Magnificent. This whole story, from Chapter One has been fascinating. Lit posted Chapter 39 some time around 11:30 PM, West Coast time, yesterday and I'd read it by 1:38 AM today. Two hours later.

And I'm going to re-read it today to absorb the fine details.

Hooked, I tell you! I must have Cael!!! All I need to do is to remember to breathe.

txcrackertxcrackeralmost 9 years ago
WELL DONE AGAIN !

As I have said before you leave us all breathless with each series you write ! This one is no exception . The gnome guy put it the most colorful way but he made some very good points in his demented way is you stories take use on a wonderful journey to help us through our lives . Thank you again for this wonderful adventure .

Keep in the sunlight it will help .

Thanks again for a great read

tc cracker

P.S. Ebb and Tide has a great following . I understand the mood has to hit you and understand after our communications of The Mother I never Knew . Thanks again

gemman1gemman1almost 9 years ago
Outstanding as usual

FS you are the BOMB.. loved it and it is great to know that Aya now has the proof that she has earned her stripes. Take your time and keep up the good works. Johnston Atol worked wonderfully.

Gemman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
TERRIFIC STORY

I only found your submissions recently but read the previous 38 in just a few days. Exceptional. More please.

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyalmost 9 years ago
WOW

Just WOW

found this by accident. Started reading this on a Saturday finished here on a Sunday and now waiting for the next bit. This is a GREAT story.

Thank you for posting it

Wanderingaimlessly

PS The only unsatisfying part I found was when I realized there were not enough chapters left to make it to the Hunt

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenalmost 9 years ago
Laughs

Over and over and ver again this story gives me the giggles. Cael is so tongue-in-cheek and over the top, and you never seem to think, "ok that's complex enough, I probably shouldn't add any more."

Yet I'm loving every second of it. Well done.

cliuincliuinalmost 9 years ago
WOW

You did again ! I don't have enough words to tell you how much I liked and loved this story .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sublime

Once again you transcend the sex with the storyline - and I'm not saying the sex is bad by any stretch.

I would happily pay real money to read this story... and at this rate I think that everyone who is enjoying it should, because it's going to take you about 300 more chapters to satisfactorily tie up all of the loose ends you currently have in the plot, to mention nothing of those still to come.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Please continue... =)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
We Love IT

Awesome again and again. We eagerly await each new chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just wondering

FS, do you have an ETA on the next chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Check Amazon

FinalStand has released some of this work on amazon. So those who want to help support the artist....go buy his stuff and give it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
say whaaaaaat

ya, which one cause there's a bunch to try and find

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Should have ended 37 chapters ago.

Blah, blah, blah, ugh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well Done

Honestly, it is truly a masterpiece. Yes, it is a bit tricky to follow in fragments but is truly enthralling in a wider scope. I look forward to all of your works and hope you the best. Also, hope you get well soon - Karch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I don't like an internet full of trolls, but...

40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?40?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
amazon

He has Life as a New Hire on Amazon

cittrancittranalmost 9 years ago
Much like Dune, you will have a headache after reading this.

Also much like Dune, it is very much worth the headache.

Flymaster60Flymaster60almost 9 years ago
GREAT JOB

Great job on this chapter FS, Waiting for the next one... any word when that might be... also Ebb is a real good story too, waiting on that one too

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Write a TV show

Hi. Once again I you have penned another masterpiece, and again, I strongly urge you consider turning this into a TV show once you are done. You could use Game of Thrones & Mad Men as a starting templates. You are far better than about 99% of the people who try this sort of thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you

Good work. Take care of yourself. I hope you keep on wanting to write this as much as I like reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hope your doing well

I know your still dealing with your dental problems and I hope everything is healing well. Keep up the great writing but please take care of yourself first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
response to dune comment

someone compared your stories to frank Herbert's collected works of dune...my only question is, does this make Caél Duncan Idaho?

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Dune?

Caél is rather vaguely like Paul. He could be the savior of the Amazon Race. Duncan Idaho is Pamela, folks. 19 dead Sardaukar say so. Pamela has mastered multiple arts of killing people and would give her life to see Caél and Aya ... or is that Alia ... escape. Remember Pamela's prophecy? She cannot die a good death until she gives a life for a life; in this case, her life for Caél's. Or so Mr. Herbert would have you believe ...

RasalomRasalomalmost 9 years ago
Thank you Mr. Herbert!

Or is it Humbert? Be well, James.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Amazon Volumes Vs. Literotica.com Chapters + (Revenue/Cost/Content Question Existential or Otherwise)

How do the days quoted in the Amazon discription relate to the chapter #'s here? - - - - And, once caught up are Amazon Volumes going to work like Patron Feeds, Theatrical Released Blockbusters, OR Vessel where you pay for early access to art? I Like pay for early access, but have trouble justifying to myself, pay for free stuff model on a standardized price model instead of min donation model. - - - - By the way if you'd want to glitz the organization of your work. Using squarespace, an easy website creating tool, and Linda.com, if you'd need easy guides by pro's, would make it really easy to make an faq blog. Posting a link on all your story's comment forums would help drive traffic if you make a blog. And the Google add stuff is easy enough to use as a blog revenue tool to counter hosting costs on a server/website hosting tool like AmazonWebServiced. - - - - I will remember to check back biweekly for a reply, if answers or questions are posted relating to this thread. - - - - PS some Grammer/spelling errors were made with an attempt at clearer reading on a mobile formfacter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Are the Amazon books official

hi FS! Are the Amazon ebooks an authorized book by you or is someone stealing your story? If it's yours, I'll definitely buy it to support your storytelling but if it's not, Amazon needs to be notified.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wondering?

How many First Houses are not extinct?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Amazon Books are legit

Amazon books are submitted by james

shyqashshyqashalmost 9 years ago
Amazon Books

Each book contains 4 published chapters.

ScaliaScaliaalmost 9 years ago
chapter 40+

Any idea as to when the next chapter(s) will become available?

NutRanchNutRanchalmost 9 years ago
Current list of named Amazon Houses

ANON,

There are 53 Living Houses with the Resurrection of House Ishara and 6 Extinct Houses

There have been 19 Living Houses named,

Anahit, Andraste, Arinniti , Bendis, Cotyttia, Epona, Hanwasuit, Hylonome, Illuyankamunus, Inara, Ishara, Jaya, Marda, Mielikki, Minerva, Mookambika, Rajah,

Šauška, and Ziva.

There is some question as to the true status of House Illuyankamunus and it's members but it is still considered a Living House.

1 proposed new House has been named, House SzélAnya, Cáel has promised to sponsor them.

The only "Extinct" House" to be named is House ANAT. If Shammuramat (AKA The Friendless, Shammy, Sakuniyas or Saku, Salmu Eretu, Sērkuēn, and various other names.) is not killed for her crimes, House Anat MAY also be resurrected, bringing the total to 54 Living Houses.

Potentially with the acceptance of House SzélAnya and the Pardon of Shammuramat of House Anat, that could make it 55 Living and 5 Extinct Houses

Several other Deities have been named but not specifically linked to a House.

Hope this helps those of you that are keeping track.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you Nut Ranch

Hey gang. First off, Nut Ranch has put together an updated character catalog that I have FAILED to submit.

Anat is the only remaining First House that remains extinct thought the Royal House was not considered one of the first twenty yet is also extinct ... unless the Amazons forgive Molpadia / Kwenhamai / Death Song. Saku could resurrect House Anat in the same way that Cael has brought back House Ishara through daughters and inducted Runners. One thing Saku would have to do that hasn't really been breached yet is that she would have to face the Goddess Anat herself ... which could get grisly considering Anat's nature.

As a general note, each Amazon House has between 150 ~ 250 full-blooded members. Half of those are sterile. That means to MAINTAIN their numbers, each capable female has to have SIX successful pregnancies. That is the huge problem that the other houses have with House Ishara as it heads toward a hundred child-bearing females. Inside two generations, House Ishara could be the largest house WITHOUT the need to induct new blood.

House Illuyankamunus has always had SzélAnya as their matron Goddess so that house was never extinct though how there are modern Amazons in House Illuyankamunus has yet to be answered. I has been suggested that those Amazons and the Keeper of Records knew of the deception.

Yes, the books on Amazon are mine. I am also releasing as huge story I wrote back in 2010 in a few weeks when I get off my ass and finish editing that.

Chapter 40 is the last major info-dump for a while and ends up where the next few chapters will be ~ more of the feel of Chapters 15 to 25 with Cael's life re-centering around Havenstone and his life in New York.

Now, the main issue ~ I remain ill. I haven't been responding to Feedbacks in the manner I normally do {I value Feedback and comments} because I have been praying my health would round the corner and I would have good news. When I start getting better so I feel I can release Ebb Tide 4, Chapter 40 and a few new stories floating out there. In the past 2 months SINCE I got my teeth pulled, I have put on 25 pounds of water weight along with a few pounds that are all my fault. Why am I ill? No one knows, but they keep giving me pills. I have decided to put myself on a strict diet to battle some of these issues myself. Fuck 'em. I will publish 40 soon, I promise. Please be patient.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Get well

On behalf of your readers we all wish you a speedy recovery.

NutRanchNutRanchalmost 9 years ago
Made a boo boo

Oops,

Missed adding House Durga as a living House. It wasn't listed with my Character Reference sheet.

It was only mentioned once in CH 30 as a part of the House Ishara/House Durga 40 Amazon Combat team of SD and House fighter sent to assist the Ninja.

Durga: Meaning "the Invincible." Hindu Goddess of Victory over Evil. Is the principal form of the Goddess, also known as Devi and Shakti in Hinduism. An Indonesian based House, there are currently no named members.

Good to hear from you FS, Do what you do and take care of yourself.

Nut

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 40 finished {May 16th, 2015}

I cranked out the last part of 40 and I am ready for chapter 41. The date for the Great Hunt is slowly closing in.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentalmost 9 years ago
Woot!

That's great news FS! I'll be checking every day. Glad your back in the saddle again.

FrenchFriesFrenchFriesalmost 9 years ago
A couple questions.

First, I'm loving this series, it is one of my current favorites. Second, kids. Is Cael impersonating every lady he sleeps with now? And it was mentioned in the story recently that there are already five of his children on the way. Who are those five women? I can only come up with three. And third, does FS have an email newsletter? A weekly update on story progress or a notification when a new chapter is submitted? Just curious. But regardless, this story is fantastic!!!

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
FrenchFries

Thanks for the support, FrenchFries.

No, Cael is not impregnating every woman he is having sex with but he's hitting some seriously long odds right now. Those are little tweeks by Dot Ishara ... because her Chosen One keeps trying to get himself killed.

The five women ~ the Augur Tadêfi and her bodyguard Sikia. Rhada and Miyako are the third and fourth. .. wait, I think I've already answered this question! ;) The fifth hasn't been revealed yet but could be Ester Abed, Hana, or Lady Yum Yum. A sixth child should be growing inside Zhen.

I do not have a newsletter ... I feel lucky enough to publish a chapter a month though I wish I could do better. No newsletter, but feel free to drop me a line. I have my corps of Ne'er do wells doing it all the time and I don't mind. I try to update my work in the next chapter with each current chapter. Right now 40 is waiting on my second editor who, unlike me, has a real life. I hope to have it out soon. If you can't wait, contact me. I repeat, I don't mind.

VlandisVlandisalmost 9 years ago
Love this series

It is honestly one of the top stories I read on here. I've alwasy had a thing for language and culture, and you do a wonderful job of blending the mythos of different ones in with the reality you are creating in your story

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
LNH 40 Update May 27th 2015

I submitted four stories two days ago: LNH 40 & the Cast and Notes and two other separate tales - Sleeping? and WMD. I submitted Ebb Tide 4A yesterday. Cast and Notes was merely the first story to be approved by Literotica. I imagine they will release one story a day so, by the order of submission, LNH 40 sould be next aka May 28th's release, Sleeping ~ 29th, WMD ~ 30th and Ebb Tide 4A ~ 31st.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Research

The level of research really is impressive.... MORE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Impressive INDEED!

FinalStand - if that is your “real” name ... Are you a spy? 😳 I don’t how your would have time to research all these details. Took me several hours researching the Map locations.

- pal

psssst I have a tip for readers.

Use your online dictionary to look up words, character names, and locations. On iOS just highlight text and select “look up”. A LOT of names have amazing background details. WOW

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

... my real name is James Dosher. I have the time to do the research due to me being on disability with bi-polar disorder and have been since 2006. It also means my writing isn't as consistent as I'd like. Thank you for your praise, 'pal'. I aim to make my stories as in depth as possible, weaving the real and unreal in an entertaining manner. I also have been blessed with input and ideas from fans which I've used to re-imagine parts of various tales, including this one.

Thank you and take care,

James aka FinalStand

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Agreed

The research is phenomenal. I'm enjoying this story immensely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

Just fucking stupid, decent till he fucked her and decided to let them go. I like a lot of this story, then the moronic bullshit gets to me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The sun sets in the west , you might want to correct it in this chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James, First off I think you are a skilled writer. Not perfect but who is? I'm greatly enjoying your tale thus far. I DO however have a bit of correction for you regarding Johnston Atoll: while I'm not sure what its original use was, and you are correct about its runway being lengthened at one point (that was so B-52s could use it as a stopover if memory serves), the island served one main purpose in the 90s: it was a chemical weapon disposal plant run by the US govt. They would take any chemical weapons from any country (free of charge and no questions asked) and destroy them by incinerating said chems at a couple thousand degrees (numerous times I believe) before releasing the completely harmless remains into the atmosphere.

How do I know this? My step brother and step sister both worked on the island for several years in support roles. I would imagine it is still active today but who knows...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I imagine you may have deduced that the island had something to do with missile testing because the primary employer on the island for the non-military services was Raytheon Industries (not sure if I spelled that right but they are a contractor for the US govt that also makes missiles and such). My step brother ran the dive shop while my step sister inspected the suits the guys wore when dealing with the weapons... and then the fuy she married was likely the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Dude got like $60k a year to sit around the pool drinking beer all day... lol no lie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One final note regarding the island: at the merest hint of an approaching storm (even as minor as the constant wind changing direction suddenly), they would evacuate the entire island (somewhere between 420-460 people) to either Hawaii or Kwajellan Atoll (sp?) until the danger passed.

skippersdadskippersdad8 months ago

Another for the Haram.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5293 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES