All Comments on 'Hello, Goodbye'

by BiCuriousKitty82

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
BiCuriousKitty82BiCuriousKitty82almost 9 years agoAuthor
Colloquialisms

I understand from feedback sent that many American and European readers dislike my story because parts of it don't make sense to them. I did indeed use colloquialisms etc that are UK and specifically Northern Ireland based. I felt these were crucial to give a real 'voice' to my characters, but totally get why that then makes it hard for others outside the UK to enjoy. This is not the place to submit such a story - I won't delete this one but will stick to neutral terminology and speech patterns in future. Apologies to anyone who felt they wasted their time reading... At least it was short! ;-)

CurmudgeCurmudgealmost 9 years ago
To the author:

Horsefeathers you neither need to apologize nor adjust your writing style because a bunch of lazy gits whine about your excellent story and voice. I've never been to Great Britain or Ireland yet I had no trouble following along. But then I'm not lazy so if I run across something I don't understand I just look it up, just like I was taught as a child, now days it is easy just pop open another tab in my browser and use DuckDuckGo or Goggle to learn an unfamiliar term or phrase. You just need to grow a bit of spine and stick to your style, your not getting paid in anything tangible so read the comments that seek to help you grow as an author and understand that most of the negative comments come from people who are unwilling to post their own works.

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Good Read*****

What could one not understand about your story. Thanks for sharing I enjoyed it!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very clever. Just hope the sod doesn't fall for the whore, cheating with a married man.

Well, OK, maybe a few pokes and some magnificent oral. But if he goes deep and long, he'll deserve the mind fucking she's going to deliver some day.

jiminabjiminabalmost 9 years ago
NO

Do not change your style. It is up to us to adapt not you. I loved your story. Thank you. Jim. Canadian

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous