All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 41'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Welcome back

Awesome new entry. More please!

And Ebb Tide!

Still waiting for the hunt! Happy you're back on the publishing horse.

readitallreaditallover 8 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for the advance read well worth a second read..

audovoiceaudovoiceover 8 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end.

I enjoy this as much as any above average published scifi\fantasy novel I would recommend to anyone. I would even go so far as to say I like it more because it has that extra dimension to the story: hot fucking sex!

Your writing also does not have the disadvantage of being tied to a word count, or needing to wrap up the story in a cliff hanger conclusion between books (preferably 3) all of equal size, when the story may not fit that structure. This story for example is not so easy to split into books. I have pondered where it would split.

The only disadvantage is that you get no compensation other than your reader's thanks, and you have it! Thank you for another great chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Welcome back.

Made my day once again. Welcome back. Hope you are feeling better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I burned through this chapter and now it's back to hitting refresh on the browser waiting for more. Thanks FS!

When's the next Amazon Kindle volume coming out? I'm gladly supporting your writing and adding the books to my library.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 8 years ago
Nice one

Welcome aboard once again

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
once again...

a chapter that did not leave me dazed and stunned...thanks for the respite..

gemman1gemman1over 8 years ago
Brilliant

Outstanding work as usual... keep up the good works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks You

Glad to have you back .Hope your general health continues to improve!

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter with the competition between Rachel and Elsa at the Great Hunt.

In the meantime can you explain your comment= "Katrina figured out who was feeding information to the Seven Pillars and took them over."

"Who" were the traitors?

thalt992000thalt992000over 8 years ago
Love it

Waiting for 42 love the chapter really loved the bit with cael and Rachel talking along with the talk St.Marie

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great chapter

I am selfish and glad to have a new well written chapter. And very happy and hope your health is on the mend. Best wishes and greatful

cliuincliuinover 8 years ago
Thank you

Great chapter like always , and I'm glad for your return .

AmmononAmmononover 8 years ago
The Traitor or Traitors

I have asked FS repeativly about who the Traitor was and even gave him my guess's as to who they were. He has as yet remained silent as to who the guilty party or partys were. Were, because if Katrina "took them over" they would be wrung out and delt with. ( She is the CIA/KGB of the Amazon world. )

Remember that as FS has told me time and again, we are getting Cael's story, there is alot going on that Cael does not see and so we don't either. Also Cael is an idiot.

Maybe if we all whine about it FS will finaly tell us who the traitors were. Realize that no one but Cael and Pamela and Katrina's people along with Felix know that Katrina was responsible for Cael's (and Aya's) kidnaping. Even Caitlyn does not know. So the information of who the traitors were is something perhaps only Katrina knows.

Love the story FS. You rock!

NutRanchNutRanchover 8 years ago
Nicely done

All the usual good comments about how much I enjoyed it.(and I did very much!)

All the usual complaints about the wait (not really, the forms have to be observed)

And all the normal begging for a speedy next chapter.(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!)

Welcome back.

Be well my friend.

gnome_mangnome_manover 8 years ago
Hot Stuff Cumming Through! Hot Stuff!!

Great read, FS. Now I have to hold my breath for another six weeks or so. It's not easy, buddy. Stay healthy.

hikecrazehikecrazeover 8 years ago
So good Glad your back

Never a dull read my friend and belive me when i say WOW

GudredGudredover 8 years ago
I was getting worried....

Given that the time since your last submission is (I think) longer than you have ever left before, I was getting worried that your health had finally imploded. Of course most other authors always take at least a month between submissions, so this is emphatically not a complaint.

It took me a few days since the story was posted to read it as I was in the midst of complete re-read of the series - this time reading all the comments (and rating with the obligatory 5 stars where I had been so keen to move forward the first time around that I had neglected so to do). Whilst so doing, it struck me how patient you were with commentators asking the same question asked by another on a previous chapter (e.g. "whose are the fourth and fifth pregnancies?"). I would have become impatient and just referred them back to your original answer. Not you - you patiently go over much the same ground again. You are a very special human being, FS.

I was also irritated (and sometimes incensed) by the large number of people who want to dictate the form of your tale. For example the plethora of 'less politics' moans. You always (since the complaint was first made, at least) warn that a history dump is upcoming so those who dislike knowing what is happening in the wider world can just skip. Personally, I think the tale would be much weaker without the background. And, to those who get confused with the plethora of characters - well, so do I sometimes but Nut Ranch has that handled for us. I would not want to choose which of the wonderful creations of your imagination to condemn to oblivion.

As for the trolls - well, best not to feed them.

Thank you for a wonderful story. I will be getting the Amazon versions as soon my new debit card arrives (had an issue recently). Do you post elsewhere? And, if so, will Lit allow you to tall us?

And, by the way, thanks to Nut Ranch and your editors for their contributions as well.

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 8 years ago
Great Chapter

Nicely done FS.... cant wait for the great hunt....any hint of when chapter 42 comes out? alos looking for EBB 4b... glad to see you back....stay healthy.

gnome_mangnome_manover 8 years ago
I almost left a comment...

But, I discovered I'd already left one!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
How are you james?

it's unlike you to not to comment. are you alright?

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
My condition and Chapter 42 (August 22nd, 2015)

I've been battling an extended depression, family distractions and having to get a new computer system (which meant I was without a system for five days). I got back to LNH 42 Wednesday but ended up doing a 5,000 word re-write instead of making more progress. Okay. Not completely true. I added a sex scene. Otherwise, I'm also locked up on Ebb Tide 4B right now. I've been giving various side projects to readers to preview and been getting back good feedback and critiques ~ which mean more re-writes ... Right now I believe I will have the next chapter out by the first of September. The biggest beneficial change will be my kids going back to school Monday! That will give me much more uninterrupted time to write.

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyover 8 years ago
good to see you are getting better

I hope the depression streak ends soon, get well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Many thanks, and please prioritize your own health.

It really is more important than even this magnificent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
waiting for the next one...

decided to rerear the entire series again. global to personal transitions are done really well...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Take care of yourself.

I really enjoy this series. The editing made it much better.

Make sure to take care of yourself and try be patient with yourself. Depression is really hard and I hope you feel better soon. Unless it helps you feel better don't push yourself into heavy duty writing too soon when you do start to feel better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
u alryt man?

ur comment brought on the worry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The length

You ok....it's been almost two months and you haven't given an update in almost a month

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
Update September 20th 2015

I'm not doing well. I've been going through a rough bout of depression that, among other things, makes it hard for me to concentrate on any project for any length of time. I put out WMD 2 because I already had it written before I released LNH 41. I am writing. I'm just not publishing because I don't want this series to die and I'm afraid if I get engrossed in another project that is precisely what will happen. So, I keep plugging along.

I wish I had better news. After two re-writes, LNH 42 is at 11, 294 words. I really want to make it at least 15,000 before I publish. If someone really can't wait, drop me an e-mail and I'll let you review it.

thalt992000thalt992000over 8 years ago
Just take care

Take care I have been in a darkness at times that I couldn't find anything to hold on to. I can wait hell I've waited almost a year for a final part of a story . Just remember that there is peple who love your work. So I can wait if it means that you are happy with it because that should be all that matters it is your story.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 8 years ago
Get better, man!

Sending good thoughts your way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Glad to hear from you

Glad to hear from you FS. I was worried about you. I'm sry to hear you've had a difficult time. Write in your own pace, we wont go anywhere :). I'm really looking forward to more of your writing but i want you to look after yourself first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WHOOOOOO

he's not dead! everytime i hear artist committed suicide I worry it was you. never give in, always believe, and we support you

FknRaFknRaover 8 years ago
Depression sucks.

Glad you're still plugging away at it, but make sure to take care of yourself. Life is a journey with both ups and downs. Eventually the downs become ups again. At least if you keep moving. I got stuck for several years. Between losing the use of my legs in a motorcycle accident, and wife leaving cause she just couldn't deal, I understand how it feels to just go through the motions of breathing. It's ok to hurt. It's ok to be numb. But don't let it stop you. If you find yourself in hell, keep walking. Eventually you get to the other side.

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyover 8 years ago
Get better

Love what you do! Get well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Thank you sir, for hours of entertainment. Please get well soon.

RasalomRasalomover 8 years ago
Warm thoughts

I'm sending good vibes your way, James. Please be well. Now, I'm off to reread something epic of yours. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It's pretty dark

Haven't heard an update since 9/20 and no new stories since 7/30. unfortunately this one smells like a fork was stuck in. It is disappointing, I truly enjoyed both this and "One in Ten", would have paid for them when completed (I was one of those who bought beancounter and bashfullyshameless works based on work shown here) but won't pay for half completed works. If you are still plugging I get that, please keep going. It is just very worrisome when someone who historically would respond and keep people abreast of what is going on goes so quiet.

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
Update October 12, 2015

I have been going through a really rough stretch the past few months, writing crazy stuff and not working on the stories I should have been working on. Then, last night, for no reason I can fathom, I wrote over 3,000 more words on LNH 42. I'm feeling optimistic. Anyway, here is a segment:

{Cael is in the Full-Blooded Gym with his latest bodyguard (and member of the Ishara House Guard), Juanita Ishara. The other Amazons have decided to 'chastize' Cael and Juanita and things are looking rough when ...}

**It was Elsa and none of the others could stand against her. Soon we had cleared the mats, partially out of skill and mostly out of fear (of Elsa).

“Good to see you again,” I tested the waters.

“I wish to be alone with Ish – Wakko Ishara,” Elsa announced. Only Juanita hung around. Since I doubted they had actually met before …

“Elsa … I’ve never asked you what your house was,” I struggled through the introductions. “This is Juanita Ishara, of the Isharan House Guard. Juanita, this is Elsa, commander of the SD (Security Detail) in Havenstone.”

“It is Elsa Zorja,” she clarified. “It is normal protocol to not inquire into the house of a member of the SD as we stand outside the House political structure.”

Zorja was the Slavic amalgam of the Two Guardians ~ the Morning and Evening stars. I hoped it didn’t mean the whole group was bi-polar aka Super-Bitchy and Super-Bitchy Possessive. That would be unfortunate for Yours Truly.

“I know who she is. She is on our ‘<b>Must Watch</b>’ List,” Juanita stated.

“We have a ‘<b>Must Watch</b>’ List? How come this is the first I’ve heard of it?” I questioned.

“Buffy has made a roster ~ a rather long roster ~ of people we can’t trust to be alone with you,” she explained.

“You mean it is an anti-girlfriend list,” I protested. “This is not happening – no way, no how.”

“And, if you wish to defy the list you have to take it up with Buffy … in person. Phone calls and e-mails won’t do,” Juanita finished.

“What about Facebook? Twitter?” That didn’t warrant a response.

**

MollganMollganover 8 years ago
Ooooh, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

I AM so incredibly happy to see that you have been writing again and that you feel better.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 8 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for the update FS. Good to hear that you were able to write some. Here is hoping for continued smooth sailing and your good health.

NutRanchNutRanchover 8 years ago
Good to hear from you

Thanks for the update and the teaser FS.

Good to know that you are still writing on LNH,

Better to know that YOU are feeling better.

Do what you need to and we will be here waiting for you when you get around to posting again.

Be well my friend,

Nut

DireApostasyDireApostasyover 8 years ago
Glad to hear from you

Delighted to see the update, and if the excerpt is anything to go by, the next chapter will be amusing as so many past chapters have been. Looking forward to reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good to hear

Hey FS,

Good to hear that you are doing better and writing.

The teaser is putting a good mood... a teasing teaser. That sounds like life is a little better when you can tease. Its how I am. Trying to take life with a laugh and skewed look rather than breakdown and cry. Cheers.

Get well soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Stay healthy man

While I would really like to see you continue on this story for another, oh, 50 chapters or better, your health means more. Write when you can, keep yourself good, and remember a lot of people care for you here.

This is the only story on Lit that I've recommended to my "vanilla" friends.

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
Update October 19th, 2015 - Done!

Chapter 42 has been submitted to my editors today. I hope to have it up on the site in five, or six days. It is pretty big - 28,740 words (9 or 10 pages). I've written, or rewritten 17,000 over the past six days ... so things seem to be looking up. It is a mix of interpersonal fun, sexy, story stuff with two big 'international' sections both concerning Cáel doing his job with JIKIT. I hope you find it both comedic and touching in degrees. I apologize for taking so long. Hopefully 43 will be finished much faster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm glad you're ok

Don't worry about your speed of writing. Your mental health is far more important than entertaining us with your writing. I'm looking forward to reading what you have created though. Cáel is lots of fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Happy to know that you are doing better

FS

I am happy to know that you are feeling better now. Don't worry too much about us. We will manage. Write what pleases your heart and brightens your day. Share if you are up for it. Really appreciate you sharing your stories with us. Thank your very much!

dvdglezdvdglezover 8 years ago
Amazon

Hi,

I've been looking around for your books and I have found them on amazon.com.

Are you (or your alias) James M. Dosher? If so, what is the difference between the amazon books and the published chapters in Literotica? I am asking because I am going to buy them if they are yours (even if it is the same content).

Hope you answer my questions

dvdglez

P.S. Is the series Nanites going to be as good and long as this one?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nannites

The first book is rather short but sets up the second nicely. The second is full length and a fun read. Knowing how convoluted his mind can be I'm anxiously waiting for the third. I have spent more on we rose books. Buy it you won't regret it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Oh Happy Day!

This is good news indeed! So looking forward to chapter 42 posting. Thanks for hangin in there FS, and welcome back!

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
Amazons beleaguring vol 3 Nanites

We can now pre-order volume 3 of Nanites. To be delivered November 20th. In my opinion, this is a very exciting storyline. With gripping action scenes and a plethora of fascinating characters. Great entertainment value for the price of the books.

In addition, the first eight volumes of Life as a New Hire is available for purchase. Yes, the same material as posted to Literotica. However I believe the LNH set of books is a good value as a purchase.

I have read and re-read the posted chapters, now mainly for the commentaries.

I have read and re-read all eight books, consecutively. In order to better organize my own comprehension of this monumental work in it's entirety. Plus, I think I now have a better grasp of the multitude of characters and the complexity of their interactions and developing relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Omnibus

Wonduring if the is any chance FS well through up the whole series in one release on amazon. It would be nice to read it straight through.

As for Nannites awesome can't wait... loved the second book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
New chapter

Hi FS,

It has taken a bit longer to publish the next chapter than you expected. Life got too busy to make the final edit or havent you recieved the story back from you editors yet?

Could you please give us a post here when you have sent the chapter to be published by literotica? That way we know it will be up in 2-3 days :-) .

I am really looking forward to reading the new chapter, both for this story and wmd.

Love your works :-)

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
The Delay

Quite frankly, I don't know what the hold up is with Chapter 42. I submitted it last Friday (October 23, 2015). I have contacted Literotica on the matter. I'm already 14,556 words into Chapter 43. Ugh.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 8 years ago
Seems to be a trend

I have heard that a few postings at least have been waiting an exorbitant amount of time to get online recently.

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
A question for my readers

I've written 19,000 words on Chapter 43, but much of it is 'off story line' stuff. Would you rather I write something larger ~ 30,000 words, or submit a story that is mostly the side story?

And yes, right now I'm in a huge manic phase.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Offline story

HI FS

Submit ch.43 when you feel comfortable. However, personally I get a sense of accomplishment when I upload something. You might have the same feeling then it's worth splitting ch.43 into 2 parts. Otherwise, we can wait.

Again, thank you for sharing your stories with us.

-V

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 8 years ago
You

Do what ever will be best in your situation. I love whatever you supply. Thank you for sharing.

LBLR15LBLR15over 8 years ago
Response to question

Finalstand, I'm glad to hear your writing and I will be happy with what ever you post. If 43 is mostly background and you feel it's at a posting point please send it on. Shorter might be easier for the site to figure out how to get it posted in a reasonable time frame.

Can't wait to see 42 Thanks for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
......

why the hell you going on about chapter 43,when you have not even posted 42 yet?

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
Chapter 42 came out today (November 4th 2015)

It took a long and I'm now Chapter 43 at nearly 26,000 words and growing. I think I am going for 30,000 for the sake of story flow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Few things regarding some of the girls

Rhada seems a bit overused in the sex scenes especially considering there are more interesting people in the storyline to focus on, at least in my opinion. Someone like Buffy for example who has been around him the whole time only got the one weekend and she's got a more interesting personality by far. I'm not saying Rhada isn't interesting (just not as interesting) and I'm also not saying she's discussed about very often in the chapters. I just mean that whenever she comes into the story she's guaranteed a sex scene and you always detail it, whereas a lot of other characters have had their scenes simplified (which is fine, this is a long series and too much detailed sex scenes gets old lol). But for example you didn't even write Hana's first scene with Cael yet Rhada somehow deserves a description every time. Anyways regarding Brook and Libra I was confused, since you implied he was closer to Libra and I certainly never got that vibe from the story, he always spent less time / scenes with her usually and never seemed as connected with her. I know she's kind of Hana's assistant or something now but I don't think that counts as being closer to Cael? Your story in the end though, looking forward to the great hunt and gotta read the last few chapters.

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
The 'Girls' ...

I have no really good answer to your comments. Too often my ability to right sex and romantic scenes relies on my mental state and if I'm in a depressive streak, its tough to get 'in the mood'. Some times I simply couldn't work my mind about a sex scene so I basically skipped over it and went on because the alternative was to not submit the chapter at all.

Why is BDSM with Rhada easier? Not sure.

Why more Brooke than Libra? I made the call about the emotional direction to take Brooke post-Trent and that made better story material in my mind so that was where I ended up.

More Hana and Aya are coming ...

That's the best I got right now.

FknRaFknRaover 7 years ago
Dude

Write the story the way it feels correct to you. "Most" of us here aren't reading this for spank material, we actually like the story. I read "Lit" stuff (mostly sci-fi) because I LIKE sci-fi. The sex i could leave or take, it fits though, and in real life sex happens, (one of the things I dislike about "mainstream" sci-fi, is that it seriously lacks sex. It's part of our species and to maintain a pg-13 or less mentality to get published on amazon irritates me, I get it, to get the broader audience they have to play it down, but your story "makes sense". Cael is a sexual sociopath, I mean not really, but he just doesn't have the ability to say no to a warm wet hole attached to a beautiful woman. I have a feeling this will be thrown for a loop after "The Hunt", but until then, he's happy as long as he keeps getting the tail. If he's not around Buffy alot at this point in the story, there's not going to be a lot of "Buffy" action, but the women that he IS around, are going to get Cael Tail. We're 41 chapters into an EPIC story and the gods/esses aren't even close to being done with screwing with Cael's life and destiny. The circle WILL comeback around I'm betting. This ride isn't close to being done. Buffy will get hers, as will many more by the time this is over. He's single dickingly bringing back an entire house in a race made of women, so to speak. Grab your popcorn, and enjoy.

Final, stay healthy, stay crazy, it's who you are, while life may feel like a river raging against you, if you turn sideways and let it flow past it'll be easier to deal with. Keep your pace at your pace. It'll get done when it get's done. OOOO time for my night meds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

> Allowing me to take one of their princesses out on a date in order to submerge her in a secret rape fantasy was as likely as me becoming the next High Priestess.

Cael's going to be the next high priestess, isn't he?

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous

Hey now! He's the first male Head of House, first male head of a First House, first male Chief Diplomat of the Host, and first Atta to Aya. Cut Cael some slack. He's trying to keep it all together and have a rocking sex life at the same time.

Thanks for the comment and take care,

James aka FinalStand

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5296 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES