All Comments on 'A Dickens of a Tale'

by romancer

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
thank you

For those of us with many winters behind us...this was wonderful. We all.have made choices in marriage. Not all what we wanted. To.look at those choices now and be at peace with them. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nicely done. Dickens would have been proud, and pleased.

I also hope your character lives happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dickens?

Could you draw out the Dickens connection for me? Maybe if he'd been a dick to his wife and there were ghosts of past, present and future showing him reasons to transform into a better lover/husband..... A Christmas Carol that focused on sexual instead of financial largesse. But as presented its a pretty generic (i.e. non-Dickensian) plot ordered around a mysterious sexual antagonist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hints - spoiler alert here from romancer

Mar(le)y/Mary, E(ben)eezer/Ben, first sentence mimics Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", visitations in the night, ghosts of past, etc., many other bits are right out of the Carol, right down to the closing.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

Discretion9966Discretion9966over 8 years ago
God bless us, everyone!

Well written and a good story. I liked it and gave it a 5. What a shame Mary will not be across the street for years to cum, I mean come.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
allenthebrit

Good story, with enough references to Charles, did like the well developed pace, unlike most stories not just a wham-bam, could do with a follow-up.

oldtwitoldtwitover 4 years ago
Different

An unexpected ending, should have known by the title, good story well described characters and great sex

AkilaraAkilaraover 3 years ago

I love Charles Dickens and therefore read this story as soon as I found you.

And thanks to the anonymous commentator who found the names that connect you and Dickens.

And .... in some things I felt personally addressed, remembered some things from my long and long ended marriage.

Greetings from Germany.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userromancer@romancer
396 Followers
Long, strange trip, still being. Enjoy writing for the mental exercise and discipline; enjoy writing erotica because, hey. Not into anger, humiliation, pain or remorse. Into the myriad of ways life can be great. Also, I write from experience, and leave it up to you to figu...