All Comments on 'The Pirate'

by RubiaLaFaye

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayeabout 8 years agoAuthor
Did you like it?

It is always a pleasure to get some feed back :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A little fast paced

The story was great but it also had a lot of potential in being a longer story with a greater plot or such. But overall a really good quick story although the ending was rushed

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayeabout 8 years agoAuthor
I tried not to go multi-chapter

The idea was to write something that someone could read in one go and did not have to wait for weeks to complete (like my story of the haremgirl). However something can look like a 13 page story in Word here on Lit is ends up then just a two pager. So with my next try (set in the Crusaders era) I will try to write a very long story that is still just a 1 chapter one. So to combine best of both worlds so to speak.

Feel free to continue giving me suggestions to approve or just a word of appreciation. The feed back is something that thrills me :)

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayeabout 8 years agoAuthor
Captain William Kidd

By the way the part of the captain suddenly being accused of being a pirate while he was sailing as a privateer with a letter of mark from England was inspired by the real life adventures of the famous Captain William Kidd. This man was probably innocent but was hanged nevertheless. He is still famous as people keep looking for his hidden treasure. Have a look at Wiki and read about that real life hero or villain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

You need an editor.

I stumbled on quite a few errors which really distracted me from the flow of the story.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 8 years ago
Quite lovely

I could smell the couleur locale.

HR1983HR1983about 8 years ago
Needs editing

It's a decent story line but there were so many errors I struggled to make it to the end. Take advantage of the editors on this site and clean it up a bit.

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayeabout 8 years agoAuthor
Spelling?

Yes I discovered some slips of the pen as well. But it might be good to remember that British English spelling differs more from American English then one would suspect. Like Color and Colour and the s and z in some of the verbs. Thing is when you submit an edited version to this side - I did with an update on another story - it is not processed somehow. So Sorry if you see a smelling mistake. Not much I can do to help that right now. Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed the story and marvelled how a Spanish lady still managed to converse in English :)

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayeabout 8 years agoAuthor
If you like this one try one of my others too

If I can make a suggestion do try my story 'Prisoner in his Harem'. It is a very long story and in the Romance section but the first 3 chapters could as easily qualify as non-con.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very nice

Even without editing this is a good read. But editing will raise it to the next level :) Thank you and good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
don't make excuse

Not spelling mistake but grammar. "Why were does nuns drowning"? And some more like that but I stopped reading at the bath scene. You don't bath with sea water. Do research. If you really want to improve your writing like you said, the first step is to stop making excuses. Even in your comment you wrote "smelling mistake ", this has nothing to do with British or American English, just you being careless. Well, unless you really meant "smelling"...

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayeover 7 years agoAuthor
Freshwater

Drinking water was called freshwater in the days of the sailing ships. You can flush grime and blood away with seawater without using the precious drinking water. However if you want to wash your hair seawater will not work as everyone knows who has been to the beach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Aww

This was such a sweet story. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A sweet story indeed

You have written a very loving and sweet story. Although it seems a bit rough and harsh at first, and Maria seems to be kidnapped and taken without her consent, what develops with Sir Richard is tender and loving. I imagine them loving each other passionately for years, partly because they learn to respect each other, and give themselves passionately ONLY to each other. Richard turns out to be a very loving man. . I imagine them naked together, him with his dashing sexy appearance -- maybe a hairy chest and abs, big cock, loving ways, and her a tender feminine young woman who grows into loving him. I love reading your stories. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree that this story while engaging needs editing. I think it needs more details in the erotic parts as well since that is after all what this site is all about.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well, I doubt the author is going to see this (six years after his last comment here, four since his last posted story), but ACK! The abuse of the English language, through and through. "Loose" for "lose," over and over. "Their parent's marriage" (how many did marriages did this one parent have?). "I cannot sow"? (Last I noticed, there was no place around for planting, but she probably had some idea how that was done.) "The lady can better not go on deck"? (Conceivably that one's supposed to be someone's dialect, I admit, and there are others like that.) "All do-eyed" (I presume that means "doe-eyed"?) And on and on and on.

The story itself is pretty ridiculous and contrived. One star, I'm afraid. At least it was mercifully short.

MutinousclericMutinouscleric6 months ago

I actually like the story, but all the misspellings/grammar errors are distracting :( it could be polished up nicely.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous