All Comments on '10 Years Ago... a Sad Anniversary'

by GrandPaM

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 8 years agoAuthor
All...

Sorry but I just realized that I didn't include the relevant introductory comment to this story: As was true for "That Awful Moment" this story was taken from our lives, and is as non-fiction as I can bear it to be. ...and no names were changed.

mmbny47mmbny47almost 8 years ago
Sadly I know the pain you have,

My wife and I had a late in life child, a son. She was 42 then. She had to spend the last three months in bed, only being allowed out for the bathroom. No sitting up. He was not developing (growing) as would be normal. The Dr's felt if she stayed laying down he would get a better blood supply. At 30 weeks he went into fetal distress and an emergency C-section was done. He weighted 3 pounds when born. He spent his entire life (58 days) in a Pre-natal incubator. We got to hold him only once. On his last day he went into respiratory distress. His blood oxygen level went down to 20% for 15 minutes. He was brain dead. I told the doctors and nurses enough was enough, turn the machines off and let him go.They disconnected the tubes and wires and very gently wrapped him up and handed him to me. I softly sang a lullaby to him until it was over. I cried and cried. I'am crying while typing this. I know your pain. I was a US Marine in Viet Nam and lost friends there. Losing a child hurt much more. It still hurts now 17 years later. No parent should ever have to bury their child!

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 8 years ago
Very sad

We also had a 'leakage' problem that put my wife in bed at 20 weeks. And then another serious leak. We finally terminated the pregnancy due to the risk to my wife. 2 years later we had a wonderful healthy son (now 27) and two years after that another son. Through it all we found out how many people have problems and what a miracle a live healthy baby is. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Many of us have had our hearts torn out

This was a very fine way to honor the professionals who helped, the family members who were affected and the terror and grief at the end.

I mourn my daughter in my own way every Christmas, as it is the anniversary of her birth/death.

Great job for such a hard story to read.

Thank you.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESalmost 8 years ago
Truly Sorry

I'm so sorry for your family. The story choked me up like few stories ever have. God Bless you and your family.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Damn

Such a heartbreaking tale. I feel for all involved and pray that your faith carries you through.

chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
Powerful Read****

Praying this helps someone cope in their time of grief. Thanks for sharing. God Bless You And Yours.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
Nothing else comes close

Thank you for sharing

I can't imagine how hard it must have been to write this beautiful love story. I do know how difficult it was to read with my eyes blurry.

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10about 7 years ago
You give me strength

I don't know what made me turn to your site today, I was just looking around to see if anyone who read my work, was also an author, and here you were. In all my pain, I never expected anyone else's to exceed mine. I feel like a wimp. Bob

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
INSIDE THOSE SILVER LININGS

are the clouds that control all men, TK U MLJ LV NV

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Sad story, but with impact

I personally do not know of events like this. I do however know of these types of events that happen later in life. A very good friend lost 2 of his children much later in life. There was a great impact on the lives around the surviving members and friends. Parents should NOT have the burden of burying their children. Not the natural course of life. But it happens. The end of the story is a warning for all. Appreciate your time with family.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGrandPaM@GrandPaM
10 Followers
I'm a GrandPA of 2 grandsons (so far)...but even though they moved across the continent recently, they're still too far away to see very frequently. :-(

story TAGS