All Comments on 'Hero's Lament Ch. 01'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Just not interesting

Read the first two pages and there was nothing there. Maybe you need an editor to cut all the dead air out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not good

That was boring as hell. There's more? I'm out.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
When one feels sad, well you can drink and listen to sad country music ( I recommend Best of George Jones ) on the radio. Or you can write a Loving Wives short story

But you can't do all of them at once or stories like this will result.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

If defagen wrote this like he did in grief, the bitch would not even have to say she was sorry. As long as some whinny kid cries everything would go back to square one and cuckie would knock the cheating cunt up again. By that standard this should be a 5. But I will wait to rate but it doesn't look good from here.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 8 years ago
Really good

The writing is engaging and the characters are developed very well.

5*

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
DOING WHAT'S RIGHT IS NOT EZ

while maintaining your integrity is harder, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
good so far

Just hope this doesn't go RAAC

oshawoshawalmost 8 years ago

Great story like always, laptopwriter. Looking forward to Chapter Two.

canopuswestcanopuswestalmost 8 years ago
I hope you dont get them back together because of the accident.

Everything else seems fine..

The major problems have been dealt with, he divorced the whore and moved out.

Now the only thing remaining is to heal enough to move forward with the rest of his life. Maybe find another romantic partner and to be available for his kids whenever they need him. BTB isnt necessary, when you can get a simple divorce and move on.

Just not happy about paying the whore to live in his house with his kids. He right now has more time with them( with their mother's school and work). The kids should have just stayed with him.

It would be an awesome twist at the hospital if he found out that LeAnn wasn't his biological daughter...

dmhackdmhackalmost 8 years ago
Looking forward to the rest

Well written and a realistic and heartbreaking portrayal.

Of course, that means many will absolutely hate the story because the bitch isn't burning in hell and he didn't move on to be with the world's most beautiful woman.

Keep up the good work.

ken philipsken philipsalmost 8 years ago
Await Chapter 2 With Keen Interest

Nancy made a huge mistake in her life with a low life who is not finished in this story. But our Church-going hero Tyler has so far forgotten or rejected one of the critical parts of the Christian story & way of life - forgiveness and atonement. If you TRULY love someone, you can forgive & re-start (I didn't say you forget!). Especially as she did it only with dipshit as far as we are aware, & hasn't been with anyone since the divorce either. With the daughter being hit by the car, Tyler has the chance now to redeem himself from his huge sin so far - pride. Nancy in my view has already done that. If he doesn't relent now, Nancy should "woman up" more (she already has a fair bit with the new job), piss him off & move on - best out of town if necessary if he is that pig-headed & un-Christian. But I also await what the gun-owning drunkard dipshit is gonna do. Is that another chance for Tyler to atone himself? Looking forward to Part 2. As always, LTW has put buckets of emotion and realism into his story withhis clear, crisp, easy-to-read style. Ken

EddboyEddboyalmost 8 years ago
refreshing

while i understand these lit stories are fiction it is still nice to find one that is realistic and gives multiple vantage points so we can understand where each focal character is coming from.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Outstanding

Compelling plot. Characters feel real without being overdone. I am very curious how this will play out. Reconcile or not? LTW has written both ways, so who knows.

Boring? Hell no.

So much better than the garbage that has been on LW. Thank goodness for a cuckold free story.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
Excellent writing!

I love this author's stories. He writes realistic characters that are engaging and 3 dimensional. I feel the emotions of all the people involved in this situation.

I don't know where this going, but I see good things from this story. I'm hoping for reconciliation though. I think the family deserves a second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
typical laptopwriter

cheating wife,wimp husbend and reconciliation 1*

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 8 years ago
Good Story

As always it is very well written. The basic marriage related story line is very similar, in my view, to Kris's cheating on Brent in the Last Chimes of Fall and Brent's reaction. The hero aspect is a different plot device, but the good marriage, hurt, inability to try to salvage it despite still loving the wife is extremely similar. Even taking the apartment nearby and having regular and cordial relationship with the ex. It is still an effective set up. Curious to see where this goes. There are times when reconciliation makes sense, and this could be one of those times. But if the strong common thread to Last Chimes continues, he won't be able to do it.

MalrauxMalrauxalmost 8 years ago
Quibbling Over Minor Details

Your stories are usually pretty good. This one has a very good start.

Good riddens should be good riddance, although the former is used so often that it is more acceptable than in the past. But my mom would have had a fit. She is not reading the story, though.

Hero. Role models are called heroes, such as sports stars or a patron or dear old Dad, if you had one of the ilk. But to me a hero is someone who takes a great risk to selflessly perform a righteous or dangerous deed. The hero risks life, limb, reputation, wealth, love, or something significant. Tyler risked nothing by saving Kevin, he just saved. (Might have lost a belt.) That makes him a savior, not a hero (except in the role model sense). I've been carrying this chip on my shoulder for a long time, so I decided to get it off my chest (okay, a mixed metaphor, sorry). Of course, you could turn someone into a real hero in a future chapter by having something risked in order to save. Or perhaps Tyler risks reputation by getting past the adultery eventually to accept his wife back--a real heroic act in the Loving Wives galaxy. (Some of us have been burned badly, apparently.)

Your depiction of the heartache of adultery hits very close to home, and is accurate especially in its persistence. Nancy.... She is fallen, virtuous in learning from her misdeed, and I hope she is rehabilitated because I like her. Isn't it interesting that in so many of these stories the fallen can be accepted with flaw by a new lover but not so easily by the one who most loved her? It hurts so much, forever (to mimic Chief Joseph).

Good luck with the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Long and boring

Hero? Just dull and lifeless writing. Gasping for breath is one of the tags? Well, that's what I was searching for. How about writing a story that leaves me gasping for breath instead of this mind numbing thing.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Forgiveness, atonement, re-start

Tyler has already forgiven Nancy. He admits he still has love for her, and he's working with her to co-parent the children as smoothly and conflict-free as possible. But forgiving does not wipe away the betrayal and pain that destroyed their marriage.

Tyler has done nothing that calls for atonement, except perhaps for wishing Kevin dead. Divorcing Nancy was not pride, it was admitting that his feelings were so deeply affected by Nancy's adultery that he could not continue in the marriage. Pride would have been denying the reality of his feelings and living a lie, and it would almost certainly have resulted in an even worse outcome. There's a reason why attempts to save marriages through counseling tend to fail when the cause of the marriage distress is one partner's infidelity: all the pressure to "save the marriage" is laid on the shoulders of the spouse who didn't cheat but must now forgive, which only emphasizes the unfairness of the situation.

The beginning of Nancy's atonement is her accepting that she destroyed Tyler's ability to trust her or to think of her without pain. The rest of it is to live the new life she has created for them as gracefully as Tyler is trying to.

Re-starting is still an option. If Nancy can somehow help Tyler recover from what she has done to him and their family and rebuild everyone's ability to trust her (yes, everyone, because while it hasn't been addressed in the story, the kids would also be stressed with worry about whether Mom will "do it again"), eventually they could, conceivably, build a new relationship that leads to a new marriage. But their old marriage is dead, and its death needs to be fully accepted and grieved for first.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
I have noticed

that readers accept reconciliation if a lot of time passes and everyone suffers grealy. Having a spouse or child require medical attention also helps. I normally write 1 or 2 page stories in LW. Thus, I get the spouses back in a few days and readers hate that. Pain has to last months and years or reconciliation is not accepted. This story kept my interest but a crazy man, a gun, and envy make a dangerous cocktail. We have likable characters behaving poorly.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
I see that the reconciliation

is a possibility crowd is clamoring for attention again. A couple of things that make it hard to swallow in this one. First, she was bored and mad because she had to be a stay at home Mom and housewife. Really, if she was bored she could have gotten a hobby. Unless she had actual skills it would have cost more for her to work than she would have made and the kids and the household in general would have suffered. Costs include childcare, clothing for work, eating while at work and gas to and from work. If she was entry level she would have made almost nothing. Good of the family should have come first but obviously resentment came first. Second she showed hubby that she liked being talked to, taken and used like a submissive slut. That negated all of the love and loving concern and respect he had had for her during the marriage. Third, she put the neighbor ahead of her whole family, not just the husband, and ahead of his and her reputation in the community. Not good for the kids at school or hubby at work. Shit like that gets around and then everyone has no respect for hubby and kids, just like the wife doesn't. Fourth, she shows hubby that she thinks he is weak and stupid. Weak because she thinks he will forgive if he finds out, how else could she not be worried about him finding out. And stupid to believe that she didn't value the neighbor and her sex life with him above that of hers and her husbands. Sex was not better, in fact not as good? Bullshit. If that were the case why risk everything and I do mean everything for the continued adultery. But I can see RAAC in the making because the little girl got run over. Wife's opportunity to slither back into the marriage by taking advantage of the husband's loving nature. I also suspect her loverboy is going to do something really cowardly and stupid. But it won't be her fault because she has learned her lesson and hubby is the only man she ever loved and she loves him and the great family life he provides (gravy train).

Was a pretty good read about a determined man who has his pride and self worth well in hand and doesn't take any shit. Too bad it won't stay that way, but hey, seems to be all we read on here anymore. Gave it a 4 for the story, not a 5 because of the direction.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
RAAC does not have to be a bad thing

Whether it is or not is determined by who ends up paying the Cs.

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 8 years ago
LTW Rules

When a gem comes along get excited. Laptop writes great stuff. Laptop is a real treasure. The stories are deep with great characters. If you can imagine the pain and hurt OK. If you ever went through this...it's a great story ....thanks 5 stars

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago

"In years to come, when she was feeling lonely and depressed she'd be able to look back at her secret little affair and smile with the knowledge that she was naughty and got away with it. Only it didn't work out like that."

It never does work out like that. This reasoning is foolish. Adultery is a sin, it is evil, it is ultimately self destructive. Why on earth does someone think that they will look back on a self destructive course of action fondly? They would have to be insane, a moron, or completely devoid of any moral training. In this case we know that she was of at least average intelligence, she went to church so she should understand morality, so that leaves mental illness. So, this woman is a great wife and mother in every other way except for her cheating? This is a deal breaker for me. I have had the unfortunate experience of meeting many cheaters in my life. None of them were "good" people. They all had many character flaws that were obvious to those that met them. Cheating is not an aberration, it is part of a personality. You can't cheat if it is not in your range of behavior. If it is in your range, there are plenty of other undesirable traits that will be obvious long before cheating is apparent.

To the writer, and to the other writers who have otherwise great spouses cheat: it doesn't work that way. Think it through, if you are not a cheater and you are presented with an opportunity to cheat you will have an easy decision before you.

1. You know it is morally wrong and a sin.

2. You know that you will lose your honor by participating in cheating.

3. All those that you love are at risk of pain and real physical suffering by you cheating. The risk alone is not worth the ego trip from cheating.

The story itself is well crafted and hold the readers attention. The plot is a retread of so many before. The driver of the plot is a fundamentally flawed concept. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Reconcileation

One thing I notice with LTW is he enjoys misdirection. He sets up, gets you thinking then pulls the table cloth revealing a whole different thing.

So he might lead one way then switch to another, but to vote based on direction is stupid.

I can see a reconcile but gut says no. He saved Kevin, did someone save his daughter from getting hurt?

Kevin? Nancy? Susan? Or a new girlfriend?

The plot thickens

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Sugna, I would add 4.

And that is that nobody is really good enough to carry on a long term deception of someone who really know thems. And by long term, I don't just mean the weeks or months adultery goes on, but the years after it ends. If things don't blow up in your face, it's not because you were so careful or clever or even lucky. It's because your partner loved and trusted you so much that he or she never looked objectively at all the mistakes you made or signs of cheating you exhibited, or figured out what you were doing all along and for reasons of his or her own chose to swallow the pain and feeling of betrayal and let you get away with it. And that makes you even more of a shit for doing what you did,

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
@Harddaysknight

I agree with you. Readers will accept reconciliation after an extended period of grief for the cheater. But I agree with this thought process.

In a situation where someone is betrayed to the highest degree, that person needs to heal. The betrayer may feel sorry for their crimes, and may vow to never do it again, but that doesn't stop the natural flow of consequences. In cases where the spouse is "forgiven" to quickly, we find that he/she is never really forgiven. The pain is masked or thrown into a proverbial Pandora's box, and it is guarded heavily. However, that box is a time bomb waiting to go off. By allowing a time period of reflection, self evaluation, and healing, the couple is giving themselves a greater chance to survive. When a couple decides to make a go of it after one of these periods, they are both doing so knowing what is in their past, and how it affected them. If they skip this process, the after effects of cheating could get minimized. Even if it never happens again, the reason why it happened in the first place could still be a problem.

dsthom1954dsthom1954almost 8 years ago
Thank You

I could write a page full of compliments extolling your writings. But, instead I'm waiting for chapter 2 to come out.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Powerful

My , oh my. LTW you were picking my heartstrings like B.B. King on Lucille !

You are a master at describing heartbreak. Only a couple of other authors in the LW genre are even in the same zip code as you in that respect , and neither is posting anymore.

Well , I certainly hope that Lit posts the conclusion tomorrow. I won't even hazard a guess as to where you're leading us , suspense is a wonderful thing in cases like this.

Looking forward to your endgame for this sad little family.

5*'s

P.S. isn't it wonderful here in comments land now that Bonnie/Vestie have been banned ! Thank you very much Laurel !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4 stars.

Painful but well written.

I can't believe what people will fuck up for a cheap affair.

Kevin is just a piece of shit but Nancy really destroyed something beautiful for nothing.

She is actually the worst villain in this story.

She betrayed everyone including herself.

Again, Ouch!

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
In a complex story that gives the history leading up to the marriage breakdown

At what point did the wife character actually 'cheat'? Did it only happen at the point when penis entered vagina? Or was it at some earlier time during the lead-up to that event? Could a penis enter a vagina without it being classified as cheating? Or was it after it became habitual?

Lue

leviayersleviayersalmost 8 years ago

damn your good. thanks 5

kdcee79kdcee79almost 8 years ago
Great to see you back

You always have a touch of class about your writing; what a pity it doesn't rub off on some of the less skillful. Really looking forward to the rest of this tale, I don't even care which way you go, it's just so good to have another good author back. 5 *****

dc6370dc6370almost 8 years ago
Great start

You can feel the anger, pain, and regret through both the parents and children's eyes. Am looking forward to the next chapter.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 8 years ago
A touching story

Hope all is well with you. I hope the second half is as strong as this is. I wonder if I know the driver of the vehicle? 4*

TexasBBTexasBBalmost 8 years ago
Excellent First Chapter

Very well done. Lots of roller coaster emotions in this one. Looking forward to seeing where you take this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice to see a new LTW story.

When Kevin got the gun, I was concerned he was going to shoot Tyler, and his ex-wife (who casually betrayed her husband and marriage vows out of boredom in her family's home) would nurse him back to health, leading to run-of-the-mill RAAC. Then the chapter ended with LeeAnn getting hurt, so maybe it will go a different route.

Luedon's question has me wondering...when does theft become theft? Is it after one removes the property? When they break in the house? Or when they make up their mind to do it? What about murder? Does it count before the body is cold? Come to think of it, these aren't very compelling questions after all if you aren't looking to justify wrongdoing.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Really good story....now I am hooked!

Anxiously awaiting Ch. 02.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 8 years ago
Excellent beginning!

As usual it's very well written and stuffed full of emotions. (pardon my envy). The characters are pretty rich, although wife feeling regret really doesn't show much of her personality and Kevin... well lets hope there's more depth there.

As usual with many of your stories I find myself wanting the wife to suffer more than just by her guilt. Even with the guilt, it's the husband doing something to resolve the issue. Example- when the husband is telling the kids he going to be living in the apt and they're crying and begging him to come home I just wish he'd turn to the wife and say "you repeatedly fuck the neighbor and ruin our marriage and family and I'M THE BAD GUY now? Thanks you cheating coward! " (yeah I know it's out of character for the husband but that's what I find myself cheering for! LOL!)

Anyway can't wait for the conclusion! Whether reconciliation or moving on. Thanks again for another great story.

Killian

cap5356cap5356almost 8 years ago
great story

great beginning to the story. love how it shows what can happen when someone gets bored in life and how easy it is to find something to do that can really mess up your life. the way i read the story i don't think we are done hearing from the other parties yet as the other one was thrown in at the restaurant where she works. hope to see the next chapter soon. keep writing

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 8 years ago
Makes you think

She needed extra sex in her life, height of her sex drive, she was bored, looses her husband and her male friend, then stays single and appears to have no sex life or man in her life after being cought. Whats up with that ?? I really liked the story. Was it rushed at the end? Not sure. Laptopwriter you are still one of the top 3 writers on this site. 4 1/2 Stars. And THANK YOU !

TlailaxuTlailaxualmost 8 years ago
So far...

...so good.

But the more I read this part the more it felt like you were leading main character to being made a complete cuckold. If that happens,well I'll express my opinion by 1 star and a comment that you most likely will completely ignore

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 8 years ago
At This

Point, I see 5 stars so no matter what happens. You have a talent to evoke emotions in your writing & have nailed all the emotions and factors on the head. Once kids are involved there is so much more to consider. I look forward to reading where the story takes us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
☆☆☆☆☆

As the saying goes, don't judge someone before you walk a mile in their shoes. That applies to infidelity as well. After all, to err is human.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very well written, but depressing.

But then, how is cheating, divorce, and a broken family ever fun?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

I'm writing these as I go, so some comments may be over-taken by future events!

First, the "casual" friend, Kevin - you KNOW he's going to be her lover! Also, "they just moved in difference circles", should be "different circles".

Gee, Kevin and Nancy both home alone all day, I can't IMAGINE what goes on before the kids come home from school, LOL!

"Kevin could not help fantasizing about a three-some." - Christ, he's obviously already slept with Nancy, her husband saved his LIFE, and he's fantasizing about sleeping with her AGAIN? LOL, I just read Nancy saying the same thing!

"So Tyler saved my life; I'm grateful, big fucking deal." - God, he IS a pig!

"Ken had rolled over on his side" - You mean "Kevin"!

The ONLY thing Nancy has going for her was telling Kevin to fuck off!

"you're having an affair" - Not JUST an affair, as bad as that would be, but trying to CONTINUE the affair with the wife of the man who saved his LIFE!

"it's over ... honest. That's what I was telling Nancy when Tyler overheard us." - What a lying sack of shit! Doesn't he think that Tyler will tell her the truth?

"We never meant to hurt anybody." - They ALWAYS say that! What do they THINK (assuming that they're thinking, LOL!) will happen when they find out? I know, I know, "nobody was supposed to find out!", but there's no way to GUARANTEE that, so you have to assume that they WILL find out, and be hurt!

"You're too good a person to let someone die, even when that person is your mortal enemy." - I don't know that that's true,since he WAS trying to kill him!

I find it hard to believe that she couldn't find ANY work, or charity work for "mothers' hours"! Especially charities, they're usually desperate for volunteers, and will take them for whatever time they can get them!

"that means you're definitely going to file for a divorce?" - How can they not? ItMIGHT have worked out if it just happened one time, but this was an on-going AFFAIR! And Kevin, at least, wanted it to continue! Kudos to Nancy for shutting him down, but she's going to continue to be bored and lonely, how long is it going to take for some other sleazebag to penetrate her defenses, maybe even Kevin if he sticks around?

"We swore and oath to each other." - "We swore AN oath..."

"I guess maybe I did in the back of my mind" - It's really easy NOW to say it was just "in the back of [her] mind", but she's NOT a stupid woman, despite her actions,she HAD to know that he was seducing her, and should have kicked him out and told him not to come back!

"I thought good riddens" - Good riddance.

"I had built up some resentment about you not letting me work" - He never said you couldn't work, just that you had to be home when the kids got home from school. And again, there ARE jobs with "mothers' hours"!

So far, so good, but I hope we're not going to get a reconciliation over the child's accident!

SigintSigintalmost 8 years ago
Gripping Story

Really like your set up, characters have depth. Even Evil Kevin is getting developed.

One note- "It's a good thing you saw it, Tyler, he'd of probably" should not have an "of" in there, rather, the word "have" would be correct.

So glad I get to go straight in to chapter two. Sorry you had to break it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I have to say this is a very realistic story

I can see these events actually happening. At least she showed great remorse and sorrow for destroying her marriage. I can also feel the anguish of the husband. An interesting read. I don't even want to venture to guess the future for this couple, if any.

A sad story of what can happen when marriage vows are broken and the suffering that follows a breakup. Thanks for the entertainment. (signed ML)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very well written, so far.

I will wait to rate, but this chapter is well written. The most difficult character to make believable is the great parent and great spouse, who also just happens to be a lying cheating shallow selfish asshole or slut. Most shit stinks, regardless of how you might color, shape, or describe it. And most shitty people stink, especially when they are stabbing you in the back while smiling in your face. So the husband is obviously not to blame, but how could he be so clueless and undiscerning? Guess he now wishes he had let her get a job outside the house. Oh, but then when she got bored on the job she'd be fucking one of her coworkers. Sometimes you just can't win.

Can't wait to see how you configure the ultimate winners and loser in this tale. Great job so far. Thank You.

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago

this was very moving. thank you!

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
true to life

right down to the raw edge of emotion. Well written, thoughtful, and depressingly sad.

Leaving it where you did sets us up for even more of an emotional roller coaster ride. And it is so open ended you can feel the breeze come in off the lake.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
Very cinematic in the telling 5* read

This is developing nicely.

What will idiot Kevin do next?

Danger09Danger09almost 8 years ago
Too sad

I actually hoped they'd reconcile.. Weird huh?... The kids did it to me, I couldn't stop crying... I know I said staying with a cheater for the kids is wrong-- but he still loved her and she seemed extremely remorseful. I don't know, I'm conflicted, yes she's a cheating slut, I don't know how to go around that... Five stars for making me cry and having me conflicted.. I'm actually hoping they reconcile..

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. Probably your best yet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good start.

She destroyed her family and her own life for a few cheap thrills. It's hard to fix stupid.

goat17obispogoat17obispoover 7 years ago
Excellent writing, compelling story

The writing is first-class. The story is well developed and effectively conveys the pain and heartbreak that follows from the adultery and the divorce. Having grown up not knowing or even remembering my presumed father, and then having been divorced myself, I can feel the story inside me as the story develops. Thank heavens my daughters were adults when we divorced, rather than vulnerable and heartbreakingly helpless children.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
This Is A Great Story So Far

Definitely one of your best, even though the central theme (the kids are ALWAYS the ones hurt most in a divorce) is very sad. You're developing their characters well -- their emotions and reactions to the trauma around them feel real and age-appropriate.

Five * of course, now on to chapter 2....

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Second time through

A sad lament for sure. Still five stars.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Story and writing are first class...

Comments are interesting, as usual. A couple of my thoughts:

Why do people assume that "forgiveness" means "no divorce" and if a separation or divorce occurs, it's because the husband is too shallow or immature to forgive her? Forgiveness is something we should all aspire to, but even so, there's still a price to be paid. It's not a matter of retribution or revenge; the cheating spouse has changed the relationship, irrevocably. Some spouses will never be able to get past that betrayal, no matter how hard they try, forgiveness or not - it's not the responsibility of the offended spouse to reconcile. Everyone responds differently to adultery; that's the inherent risk in cheating. If or when the other finds out they've been betrayed, the cheater could lose everything. Forgiveness is different from consequences.

If you want to talk about Christianity, then you should read the New Testament in the Bible first. Jesus said there's only one reason for divorce and that's adultery (sexual immorality) Matthew 5:32. Jesus also said, as did the apostles, in MANY places, that we should forgive those who sin against us (Matthew 6:15). Those two examples do NOT contradict one another; it's a matter of forgiveness versus consequences. Two separate issues. When the marriage covenant is broken, God understands that couple may no longer be able to live as husband and wife - even if they forgive. We're only human.

Not trying to preach to anyone so don't be offended. Love the story and I'm actually leaning towards a reconciliation in this one. We'll see. Thanks for a great story, LTW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story so far

Excellent realism regarding the kids, Tyler, and to some extent Nancy.

I have to believe that Nancy's remorse and sadness is caused more by feelings of extreme guilt due to being caught and the realization of the breakup of the family instead of love for Tyler. If she loved Tyler she would not have slept with Kevin once let alone multiple times. You just don't do that to someone you love as a spouse, no matter how much you claim you love them or they were not supposed to find out. You ALWAYS are thinking in terms of your spouse if you love them. Nancy admitted to doing things she shouldn't have even before she hooked up with Kevin. If you can't do it in front of your spouse then you shouldn't be doing it.

Nancy's selfishness was her undoing. The lonely excuse is just that. There is no shortage of places to volunteer on a limited basis. There is no shortage of things she could have done to occupy her time. She could have even started her own group or club. It was just an excuse to cheat.

Tyler is correct in not being able to trust her again.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Here Cucky Cucky...

Kevin goes further into insanity, blames Nancy for his divorce, takes his gun to the restaurant and blows Nancy away then turns it on himself. Tyler grieves with Susan, they fall in love, marry and she adopts the kids and they have two more. They live happily ever after, The end.

There, Book 2 is done.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent

Shows the pain of betrayal with great effect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Selfish mf... Id stay with deliah... After she cut my hair and left me weak and defenseless before i'd put that kind of hurt on my kids... He still loves the woman but all i hear from him is what "he" wont take... Or what "he" wont do... Or what "he" cant stand... I would take... Stand... Or do anything for my children...

I didnt love my wife... And i fell deeply in love with someone else... But i lost her because i couldnt leave my kids...

-jaye-

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Huh??

Anon must be commenting on another story!!! I truly hope he doesn't try reconciling because his daughter is in the hospital. There should be absolutely NO WAY he should forgive his lying, cheating,slut of an Ex-Wife!!! Also kill the bastard she cheated with!!

jrphdojrphdoover 3 years ago

As much as it is distasteful, I would consider staying for the kids in this situation.

Ocker53Ocker53about 3 years ago
Great

Laptop writer is simply one of the best writers on here, in the top 5 and that is no mean feat, when you consider the thousands of authors on here⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Oh, of course . . .

Deus ex machina is as old as the ancient Greeks.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
People Need To Forget About

The mythical apple in the Garden of Eden. No apple in the Bible, no apple in the Garden, just no apple no how. If'n it did happen think more like a fig.

I understand Tyler's thoughts regarding Kevin's demise, I was faced with a similar but much worse betrayal. I was thinking about a much more lasting punishment for him, I just hadn't quite decided about wether the permanent use of crutches or a wheelchair were in his future. The disadvantage of the crutches would mean he would still have the use of his hands and elbows meaning he would still be able to feed himself. The wheelchair would allow those things to taken away. Then there was the issue of what to do about her. In the end I had to decline the offers of help to accomplish what I was contemplating. Rather I proceeded to expose them to her family, gain custody of my two little girls and be the best parent I could. If I had gone ahead with my plans and gotten caught I would have in effect made two girls well under the age of ten orphans.I

My point in to all of you big, bad, tough guys out the who are all 'I'd kill them!', Is unless you don't give a shit about the ones you claim to love you had damned well better think of the consequences before you act. So unless you have never faced a situation like Tyler and unless you are now or have served a prison sentence for doing it you are full of shit. Just shut the fuck up, you wouldn't do it, you know it and we know it.

Tyler isn't one of men who hems and haws when he has the cheating literally slap him in the face. He reacted in a heartbeat, no waiting months, no waiting years for the children to go to college, not this guy. Deal with the situation in the here and now is our Tyler's response and I love the guy for that. My only thing I disagree with him about would be when he came to the conclusion that that he would have still have tried to save Kevin's life if he had known that Kevin and Nancy were cheating. Fuck that, not one tear, I need my belt to hold my pants up, bleed you son of a bitch. Said in another way, in EMT speak, they would have written in their report FDOGRT! (Found Dead On Ground Right There!). *****'s All the way LTW. Signed: BTW

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

You are brilliant in a capsolating the pain such events as As you unfolded with your story.

You are truly one of the 10 best writers I've seen on literatica

I can't reemphasize my desire and support that you should Get Siri's thought to write in a novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No... Just no... The children come first... I'd stay married to Godzilla to keep my kids from heing unhappy... Once you have kids the next 20 years is theirs... Period... What you want is immaterial...

-jaye-

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

I've never understood these women who don't tell their husbands when another man does something inappropriate because "they didn't want to cause trouble"

My wife has done it twice. The first time was a male family member and she kept the secret for more than a decade before she finally told me. Said she didn't want to cause problems within the family member. I still ended up disowning him because this was part of a pattern with him and any woman I was involved with. He slept with the next one. If I had known about the previous incident I could have kept the next one from happening.

The second time was when we were hosting a party at our place. We ran out of beer early in the party and my wife ran to the store to get more. A male co-worker of hers volunteered to go with her. He took it upon himself to pull his cock out and when she stopped the vehicle at a red light he grabbed her hand and put it on his hard cock. She waited several weeks before she told me about that incident. When I asked why she didn't tell me when they got back from the store her answer was "she didn't want to ruin the party".

What is it that women don't understand about their man having the right and the obligation to defend their woman's honor when another man disrespects them like that???

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades12 months ago

I feel this is a good read. Thanks for your writing.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

I fell asleep, is the chapter over?

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Great story told in your inimitable style.

Scores 5/5

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

good, but 6 pages? maybe 4 would be enough.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like how this story illustrates the utter selfishness of a cheating spouse. You're not just cheating and betraying your husband, you're betraying your kids. Sometimes in some of these stories, after the wife cheats, the husband will tell the kids that what goes on between him and their mother is none of their business, but nothing could be further from the truth. Of course it's their business, their family is destroyed, their world turned upside down.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos30 days ago

The thing about guys like Tyler that I don't like is that they don't try, even though they have kids. It's not like his wife is trying to corner him, she's remorseful and wants to try and make amends to him and his kids want the family to stay together, but he's so afraid of being hurt in the future that he won't even make an attempt to see if it's possible to reconcile. I can respect someone who tries and then fails, finds out that they couldn't do it, because then they can look at their kids and say that they made an honest effort. But he didn't, he just ran away from the problem and he's miserable because of it. I know the BTB's will call me a cuck because of this, but I think that's cowardly behavior because if you have children, then you have a responsibility to at least make an attempt. I'm not saying you have to "stay together for the kids" but you need to make an honest attempt to reconcile. If it was me, I could never look my kids in the eye and tell them that I put my fear of being emotionally hurt ahead of their ongoing emotional pain. I couldn't justify it. Maybe that makes me stupid, but if I need to get smacked twice to get the message, then at least I can say I did it for a good reason.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous