All Comments on 'Love & Disrespect: Bridal Advice'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Appreciated the story

The woman got cocky and spilled her self-centered agenda. I'd give some grief to the narrator but no one knows he was a fool better then him. I like how there were real people per se in the story. ..no hot 40 something milfs or gym rat dad.

The big picture is that they raised their kid successfully and now it's time to think what they really want out of life. Too bad it isn't each other, but that's life and the author did a very good job examining a not uncommon relationship in terms of dysfunction .

Full marks * * * * *

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
He should just file the divorce papers

Why's he staying married? To avoid losing the house? Can't see any other reason.

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 7 years ago
Well written flash story

Nice scenario. Pretty well written. Hit all the marks with real people and real situations. Nicely done 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
She Still Doesn't Get It!

Fortunately for HER marriage it appears that Toni understands!

SlirpuffSlirpuffover 7 years ago
Good tale

The story told it as it should be...

I would have divorced the bitch but his way

he got to keep or at least use his stuff...

But in truth his wife was never his stuff anyway...

Well done...

maxx308maxx308over 7 years ago
Nicely Told

Thank you for sharing.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
I know why he doesn't divorce her.

He stays around because hope springs eternal.

He loved her, devotedly once - enough for him to allow her to make him her doormat.

However, once she flapped her gums, he got religion on the subject of being a doormat. He's now demanding her respect - the very respect she has denied him.

He wants it - from Her. Not only does he want it from her, he now wants it from her on a silver platter - voluntarily, while she's wearing a slutty maid's uniform and literally BEGGING for his touch - after his spanking her. Nothing less will do - She has transgressed THAT much in his view (and she certainly seems to have).

For him, no other terms are remotely acceptable from her, and despite getting his sexual muscles exercised some with the neighborhood lady, he still wants his wife's love and loyalty. However, she's both on the clock, and running out a very short leash.

Whether his strategy is sound in achieving those goals or not, he will now come out of this relationship with his self-respect intact. So, which future will it be? Divorce, or reconciliation? The latter will never happen without their improving their quality and quantity of communications DRASTICALLY. Her reaction to realizing, in fact, that he doesn't CARE which way it goes may be the one thing that brings her back...or not.

Her pride, and self-respect (and/or the degree to which the opinions of others matter to her) will ultimately answer the question. How will her pride look to her when she has to admit to herself her absolute failure as a wife? Will she remain in denial, or will honesty come home to visit her before it's too late?

Good story - 5* from me.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
real life

Friend of my brother was in the same situation. He was married for 15 years,really nice guy. Worked as a Construction worker. His wife was hairdreser. One day he wanted to suprise her and all he heard was almost the same conversation. It really crushed him. His wife said it was just a girl talk. All women say the same things,especially when they go to salons like this one. They did try Marriage counseling but at the end it didnt work. He cant forget her words and 15 years of Marriage plus 2 of dating seems like a waste to him. They are divorced now and both of them are single. My brother and this guy are still good friends.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Nice

Great tale. Personally if I overheard the conversation at the bridal shower the marriage would have been over then. But he stuck to it and now does what he wants. At this point the deceiving, manipulative wife should be alone. Alone and miserable.

Yeah

1wrngrght1wrngrghtover 7 years ago
Story advice from a fool

1) FLASH stories are usually pretty short (a couple of hundred words...1000 max)

2) They usually have a very direct - one scene, one conversation - format. There may be a second scene, which ties up or twists or completely flips what happened in the first. Often with a great deal of humor regarding characters actions, perspectives, or the human condition.

3) This was a FLUSH story, as in, flush with cash, as in, too much! Man, there were half a dozen or more story lines here. Each could have easily been a stand alone FLASH story. This was like a big ol' collection of story ideas and you couldn't decide which one to do so you tossed them all in the pot. Story stews rarely work, good luck.

4) For the LITEROTICA über masters and mistresses - please add a FLASH category. 1000 word max, anything goes. C'mon.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
Should be posted in LW !

Well written and real. Many husbands feel like trained pets at one time or another.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Five stars.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Good story

Ok , first on these open endings , since you birthed this baby you get to end them however you want.

But expect a lot of your readers to howl !

This isn't too bad , but please do not go full bore JPB on your endings ! To me a little ambiguity is okay , but not a steady diet of it.

I agree with LSD , that it was a very realistic story , no raving beauty's , no Navy Seals . But a situation that has undoubtedly played out in someone's life before.

I really did enjoy it .

5 *'s

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
too close for comfort

It wasn't my ex wife and a sister, it was 3 sisters being "taught" how to train their husbands by their mother, who learned it from her mother, who learned it from her mother . . . .

I didn't stick around, it was the only way to slip away from the matriarchy and re-establish my own identity

trigudistrigudisover 7 years ago
Not A True Flash Story, But...

I enjoyed it nevertheless. The dialogue reminded me a little of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?" in the acrimony spewed between the couple. The "trained" husband is a stereotype that is an unfortunate reality for some men. Marriage can be an ongoing fight for supremacy and power. Sometimes it's the wife who dominates, other times it's her hubby.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
What to say about this?

Yes. I would call him a survivor. I would suggest that occasionally in a relationship, if only to maintain civility, the benefit of the doubt needs to be offered to good gestures.

However, as written, this wife was created as a lost cause. So what was the point of him offering such benefit of the doubt?

So he keeps his stuff. His marriage is, at least for him, unchanged. And frankly, for her, it also seems unchanged. She lost access to a little money. That seems it. Now she can't manipulate him? Well...who cares? She still has her friends and her things and if, again as written, she doesn't care about the husband, what loss is there for her that he unloads his bile upon her? Just a bit of added impoliteness to her day.

If she didn't care, there is no loss. But we weren't showed that she cares.

One part which stuck out was you implied that this guy had sex with that single woman in the neighborhood, and then, he didn't. But that might have been me over reading into the story.

It wasn't bad.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thought I Had Already Commented!

“She informed me it wouldn't be making love unless both parties wanted it.” – The question is, why doesn’t she want it?

“I knew in every marriage both spouses need to compromise into order to make it work” – Yes, but in order to compromise BOTH sides have to give a little. SHE’S not giving an inch, and he’s giving everything!

"Terry, I'm sorry I said those things." – The problem isn’t that she SAID them, it’s that she MEANT them!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Do What You Have To

When you find out that you have been manipulated and treated like some kind of pet throughout your marriage and the women in your family are firmly in support of your wife, you have no choice but to fight back and warn the other unsuspecting men. His love had been wasted on his controlling wife. Theresa was not the right choice for him; but Rosa may be a godsend dream come true. 4 stars.

WiserbyageWiserbyageover 7 years ago
I Liked This

A story from the man's viewpoint. Well done!!😂😂

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"You don't make them jump through hoops just to please you!" - Or at least you reward them!

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

i agree with the last comment he may have been clueless and naief but he sure was no wimp atleast not in my book

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
Good Gawd Man!

Get the friggin divorce already and move on with your life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Disrespect

Finally the worm turned good on you boy. just get divorce and feel free,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NOTHING WRONG WITH PLEASING A WIFE

All men want their wives to be happy and content. If there's no injury or disrespect in the act of pleasing, go for it. But when the wife lies, abuses, disrespect and humiliates...well that's just not acceptable. Terry had every right to be devastated by his wife's betrayal.

File for divorce and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
JUST MAYBE IT WAS ALCOHOL TALKING

Understand I am not taking sides on this story! My mom and dad told me once if you eavesdropping you never hear good things about you or ones you hold dear to yourself! Also The wife was a big mouth drunk! Oh Oh oh I also was told that a drunk usually doesn't say the truth but they nearly always say what is on their mind? So you decide! See ya ! OH GREAT story

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
So???

Did they divorce or what?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well THAT was fun......or not.

Harsh but entertaining story about the demise of a marriage. I don't see that he has any choice but to get a divorce. There seems to be no going back and with his wife showing her true colors, there's no going forward. Not sure he should be jumping into any other relationship any time soon. Just get the divorce, keep working on his weight and move forward without the fat shrew attached to his neck. A sequel could be interesting. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Brave Soul

It takes, "Big Ones" to put up with someone like her for as-long-as he did. He needs to divorce her and move on with his life..ASAP!

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Well trained dogs always get affection and treats......

Our protagonist appears to be a true conformist. His wife was a bit of a fool to belittle him to other members of the family. How does she know that one of them might not decide to get Toni irritated? Oh well, she never even thought of a large dose of TLC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not a wimp

He was doing things for the woman he loved and thought loved him. When he found out different, he gave back different. Betty was a cold, manipulative bitch. He just never saw it. Look up 'conformational bias'. He saw what he expected to see. Once he saw clearly, he took action. He should have left her; I've never heard of greater 'irreconcilable differences'. Good story. JPR

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
Yep!

Should of divorced her as-soon-as he found out how she felt about him. He was just being good guy looking out for his wife and family.

norcal62norcal62almost 7 years ago
Well written and consistent story.

Glad that there was no unexpected and unrealistic twist at the end.

Bo47Bo47almost 7 years ago
(NOT) Looking for love in all the wrong places!

Looks like she killed that desire. So friends with benefits is as good as it gets. And that ant half bad. A Most realistic story. Very believable. To be viable over the long term, love Must be returned, or it withers and dies.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@Anonymous 02/09/17

re:

JUST MAYBE IT WAS ALCOHOL TALKING

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old Roman saying is 'In vino, veritas' which means: In wine, truth.

The observation that people blurt out the truth when drunk goes back a very long way.

When drunk the inhibitions come down and people don't hold back what they wouldn't say sober.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brings back memories

I nearly ended up in a similar situation with three different women, but I dodged those bullets, thank God. The moment some bitch starts trying to use sex as a weapon, I'm gone. If you don't like sex, for whatever reason, at least have the courtesy to tell me so I can set my expectations accordingly and put you in the Friend Zone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Such stories alway bring back the cliche', . . .

men age like wine, women age like cheese. Betty is starting to mold, and stink. Time for the wine to find a fresh glass to fill.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Understand Terry's actions here...

Him not going for a full divorce yet makes sense.

In his mind's eye, it turns out he never really was in a true marriage, especially in the latter years. So, since there never was a true union to protect here, well let's just keep the status quo as it is... except that now, both participants are fully aware their coupling is a sham, and there's no more need to pretend to uphold things that are important in a marriage - like trust, honesty, respect, fidelity, etc.

Also, just as importantly... divorce sucks. Even when you're totally justified in dumping your spouse, even after protecting any of your assets as best as possible, it's still one of the most experiences anyone can go through. I mean, let's be real here: after everything we've learned about Betty here, do you really think she's the type of woman who will let bygone be bygone, and leave her ex walk away from their marriage without trying to BLEED HIM OUT FOR ALL HE IS WORTH?... C'mon, you know the answer to that! Don't get it twisted - it's going to eventually happen, but there's no wondering why Terry's pushing the whole, sad affair as far away in the future as he can.

... That being said, though: 'wouldn't be a bad idea to still draw separation papers here - he can still live in HIS house with her ungrateful ass, and make sure any money he makes from the moment she got served isn't part of the 50/50 split. Ah well - he better not win the lotto, is all I'm saying...

No such thing as a good marriage or even love without respect in it. 5*

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
I'M NOT GOING TO GO THERE IN A COMMENT

I'm only going to give the stars ★★★★★ WOOF!

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
"I'm sorry I said those things"?

She only spoke the truth. She doesn't seem to understand. It was what she did to him that she should be sorry for.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
Get some BEAST

Well played sir!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What?

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
On the re-read

I wish it had been far longer. I would have liked to see more of the emotional impact on her. But the major brush strokes of the picture had been made and I was awaiting the finagling detail works like that Bob Ross guy did.

Alas...I probably would have enjoyed it in the mood you were in for THIS story. (Occasionally you make Vandamion look like a pussy, at least on the anger scale.)

Here...I like cold factoring marital analysis since it is so rare.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Tye mouth.

Now here's a man with a grasp of the real life experience ….Wow , close to a lot of real home life/ and family /power play issues..!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Some

real life shit there.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
What?

Real life, my ass!

Only real life for those who have sissy men around them.

This guy was such a wimp, that when he got angry,

we didn't hear a roar but a meow, lol.

That got me pissed enough

to give it 2 out of 5.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Her Attitude...

Her attitude, that the only problem was Terry not getting his "piece of ass," and not her lack of love and respect doomed them.

Regarding his "wimpiness," too many wives here look at their husbands willingness to go along on things that they don't feel are important to mean that they can push them around.

norcal62norcal62over 5 years ago
I liked the consistency of hubby's reactions.

There wasn't a wimp out at the end. Hubby's enlightenment carried on to action.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Every read a story that's so good-?

That for months you've thought about it and realized 1)It should have been 5 instead of 4 stars 2)How realistic it was and 3)You can give nothing but compliments?

A most excellent story, Sir

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Good Story

I just wonder how long it’ll take Terry to realize that hanging on to a marriage that’s on life support is a dead end street. And that the best thing he can do for himself is shitcan the bitch and move on. Build a new and better life for himself. Judging by his new “attitude” I wouldn’t think it would be very long. This story certainly deserves Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why stay if the wimp pussy side of yourself wins.

Good wheeny __ wimp story lol_ IMAPUSSYBEAST

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
love is a powerful thing

women constantly confuse love and kindness for weakness. it's because women are treated very differently in society, and no feminist rant will change that. women are the CENTER of a tribe. Men gather round the center to protect their next generation, they literally sacrifice themselves for women, even if they'll never even meet them. That's how society runs. All the powerful female warrior tribes were out-competed by sheer numbers.

And let's be very clear, unless you are ronda rhousey, or some powerful female figure that ACTIVELY trains...you aren't powerful next to a man. He's a big hulking testosterone filled silver-back. Even average men. If that's not enough, he will grow up teased and bullied if he doesn't learn to assert himself, at least towards other boys/men. Men don't fear you. Let me repeat, men are not in the slightest afraid of a woman. He may fear the police she'll call on him, or some other authority she can call upon. But she, by herself, is not a threat. The wife in this story made a big mistake, she held all her power through lies and manipulation. When the truth came out, she had to crawl on broken glass to make up for it. She decided to use fear instead, and this was a typical response from a PASSIVE male.

Women are so much better than men in so many areas, but FEAR is not one of them. We are literally bred to die for women, fight for them, and face our fears. We don't fear you, we love you. Never...ever...mistake kindness for weakness. Many men have betrayed other men doing that very thing, only to find a fist firmly lodged in their ribs. We usually learn that lesson early. Much earlier than women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
In vino veritas

n.t.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019almost 5 years ago
A Fun Read

Great fun read...thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very real storyline!

I think the story should have been extended to determine which of the two directions it could have gone. Either Betty gets down on her knees and sucks his cock dry every two days with no complaints or they divorce. When my wife did this same thing to me, I told her that we would soon be divorced and she would have to do everything herself or she will happy putout for me every two days with no exceptions! I guess my wife didn’t like the idea of looking after herself for the rest of her life! She finally realized that she would have a hard time finding a replacement permanent partner who would do her bidding even after screwing him according to her female single friends since they hadn’t found such a guy. Now I get laid more often than when I was in my twenties since we are now both retired.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Just divorce already

Seriously, this marriage was dead 15 years ago. Kids are gone, you both make the same money, sell the house and move on. Why make yourself uncomfortable and miserable in your own home? You've already proven you can find women who appreciate and want to fuck you, so go on, get out there and find someone who'll treat you like a man. Seriously, dragging this shit out is stupid.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
No give when discovered disrespected

Do many men give in most of small (decide small ) decisions?

Overall enjoyed

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Great stor. Glad I took a chance and read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

You were right, this is an unsatisfying ending.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
WOW

This is one awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Where's the Ending?

Very poor ending to a some what good story.

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

You hurt me. You took the most precious gift I could give you, my love, and you turned it on me. You used it to manipulate and humiliate me.

"I'd like to blame you for all of it, but I can't. I'm just a cuck. Its why I'll never leave you

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Not terrible...

Could use a more thorough ending. Did he finally divorce the bitch? I could never overlook the disrespect, frigidity, and hollowed out pussy of the bitch wife!!! A man loves to feel the side walls, and back wall of a tight pussy... Size Queens ??? Hell no to regular sized men!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Real

Terry got it right. Wasted enough time to a fraud. Now is the time to take care of his needs.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Now that's what I'm talking about. That is one of the most original stories that I've read in a long time. That was fucking fantastic, unbelievable! I see you wrote this four years ago. I didn't care for you trying to finish stories of authors that I love, especially my favorite stories that I felt were already finished. In fact, I resented you for it but I thought I shouldn't judge you until I read some of your other stories. This is a side of you I have never seen or expected. Excellent, Excellent! Yeah, I know this whole comment is filled with grammatical errors but I'm so excited I don't give a fuck. ( I usually never cuss in my comments) Nice work, great story! I hope you have more like this. HFS

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

It makes Me wonder what I would do if iF My Wife showed me that much disrespect .

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 3 years ago
5 stars...again

At least my 3rd time reading this story. I know most don't like the ending because it's not all wrapped up in a neat little package. I don't see it as unfinished, this is like a moused roared story. To me, this was the epiphany moment for Terry. It's the moment the scales were ripped from his eyes and he saw his wife for what she was, a truely manipulative bitch. He was the frog in the pot slowly boiling and found out in time and jumped out. Divorce is a foregone conclusion, Betty is too set in her ways and Terry will never return to being a mouse. He just hasn't come to that realization yet, imo. So thanks for sharing, I enjoy your stories and look forward to your next new posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Insightful writing style and even though no sex still held my interest.

fucktheagedfucktheagedover 3 years ago

Good story . Very true to life in some marriages. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too little too late.

Didn't read but a few comments. Totally disappointed.

He allowed the wife too much authority too long.

When finally forced to react he still didn't go all in.

jtwheels

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

While wife hasn't cheated formally; her obvious disrespect is more than enough for divorce!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

How many marriages are like this where the couple become roommate and are content to keep on living together keeping up appearances after so many years while at the same time living separate lives.

beanburner69beanburner69about 3 years ago
It happens

To anonymous.(Comment below) It happens, and this is the voice of experience talking. But in my case small children were involved. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Story of my life. I recognize that woman! Great story but it was painful in many places. We're both in our 70's now and things don't get better. If you see yourself in this type of disrespectful situation - run, all of the talking in the world isn't going to resolve the deep chasm between the two of you!

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

He is basically taking lemons and making lemonade. Why spend all that money on divorce attorneys. Especially if the selfish and manipulative wife will want to contest and fight it probably out of pure spite. No in a situation like that where the children are gone and the love is dying, better to start putting himself in a position emotionally and financially to be on his own. He was literally on his own for years anyway but didnt know it.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

As others have said, it's a good story. The unfortunate part is that it is probably truer than many would like to admit.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

A very good story but I guess you wrote yourself into a corner. A few more paragraphs would have finished it. FTDS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It shows how little respect left for men. We by and large love and respect women, and try to do right by them. Currently men are put down, shown as clueless, as mental midgets, and need the guidance of the all wise women to keep us safe. The virgina lack of men renders us to second class status. Love and respect is not control and smirkey put downs, it is recognizing that we are equal in our needs of respect and love.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabellealmost 3 years ago

I think this is a good contrast to your story "Early Release," where the unreasonable spouse realizes the error of their ways and tries to course-correct and gives their marriage a fighting chance. Here, the wife continues on the path, without any self-awareness, leaving the protagonist to live the best life he can on his own.

The romantic in me is less happy with this more bittersweet ending but the realist in me says it's probably a quite common outcome in these situations (remaining married and just living their own lives). Still, well-written and gripping.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Good stuff on every level - 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's a story it's well written and I'm sure that it will strike a cord with some readers. The trolls will like it. The scenario is unrealistic but the story of a failing marriage isn't. Firstly I doubt if any husband or wife would have such an open discussion about their sexual life with their son or daughter present no matter how old their children are.

The reality in the story is that in the majority of marriages the husband lets the wife make all the minor decisions either out of laziness or because of other priorities in life. There probably are shrew type women out there who are demanding and controlling but I doubt if they stay married for long.

The one reality that is missing from this story is counselling none of the characters in the story mention the option of counselling. Maybe in the next chapter.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars - nothing in this story stands out from the general 'run of the mill' BTB stories - so it gets the 'average' assessment.

Woodturner2018Woodturner2018almost 3 years ago

This is a story that unless you have lived it you really can’t understand. A couple that truly love each other will wonder how a marriage ever got into that situation. Even with counseling the bitch will not change. I speak from the sad experience.

Boros749Boros749almost 3 years ago

Love this story. none of that waiting, hiring PI, placing security cameras and all that stuff. He decided there and then what to do and did it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

God! I hate that the author held up a mirror of my life.

I was shocked to see myself.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too true..

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Might have gone somewhere interesting, right up to the point where he cheated on his wife, instead of divorcing her. All that shit about staying in the same house, living as roommates that hate each other? Just stupid.

mikie_1_99mikie_1_99over 2 years ago

He's a wimp for not divorcing her!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Two years without sex? Every time I read something like I know I reading sci-fi unless there was a talk about it.

A good story though, but writers need to make the plot a bit more believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is the first 5 I've given due to how crazy authentic the situation is. I've seen various elements of this story all through my life in different couples. And no crazy revenge fantasy or anything. An ending that isn't ideal but ultimately both will end up happier. To the commenter not believing the 2 years without sex, yeah that does happen. Some even longer. There's many of couples in dysfunctional relationships that don't even realize it. They stay in the relationship for so long that the dysfunction seems normal and they live with it. And they've been together for so long that the thought of being single again terrifies them.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

And he's still living in the same house with her??? You gotta be kidding me. What a bunch of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Betty, with her black heart and lack of true love for her husband, deserves to be divorced, estranged from the kids, and live in a dimly lit one-bedroom apartment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She deserves what karma served her. Definitely a 5 star 🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Sometimes reading a good story hurts, as it's too close to real life.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

I guess I see things differently from most posters, but to me the main protagonist appears to be an unforgiving cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An extremely sad story, too much like probably happens in real life. But why he’d want to stay in the same home with that bitch & not outright divorce her. I felt his betrayal & rage in this very well written story. 5stars. — Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

we did not like the story at all! It just seemed to be about two totally immature disrespectful jerks that have no interest, concern or caring love for each other!

What a waste. Just dump each other and move on - after a whole lot of in-depth therapy and soul searching trying to actually understand how one supposed caring person should respect and treat another?

Obviously they don't deserve each and are not willing to put forth any dedicated effort. Talk about self-centered hurtful and hateful spouses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I agree with Bob.

Ed

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

Pretty good but too short.. I dont agree w/ him saying ppl might think he was a wimp, I think what he did was what most hubbys do, and try their best at their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very good read but, like others have said, it was way past time for him to cut bait and move on. You lose interest in a story that just rambles after the "showdown(s)" have occurred.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
2018 Followers
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES