All Comments on 'Peaches and Cream Pt. 06'

by ncpecanpie

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
ObedientsubObedientsubalmost 7 years ago
Girlfriend!!!

I AM SO GLAD YOU BROUGHT AN UPDATE!!! PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING!

LOVE THIS STORY❤💜❤💜

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Worth The Wait!

I've been waiting for the next installment...and it was worth it! Great story! Steamy passion. Definitely want to read more from you!

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 7 years ago
I was glad to see this

Poor Matt and Catherine! Her mother's no help and that John was not the nicest guy.

I do hope you will decide to have one more chapter, because this is far from resolved and the ending was so rushed. While I can't suggest how to reconcile it all, I can say that while I can envision John and Matt meeting as they did, I couldn't see it ending after just one punch. Also, there's still the issue of Catherine's parents never having to face Matthew: in that, there's no symmetry at all, since they met John from your story but they didn't meet Matt. One chapter certainly won't resolve their feelings for or against him, but it would allow Catherine to stand on her own two feet because it's one thing when she was in college but now she's an adult and able to provide for herself: so she needs to either confront them and state in no uncertain terms it's her life and if they love her and respect her, they'll respect her decision and try to live with it even if they don't like it. I'm sure the dad would come around from how you've drawn him, but the mom's another story. The main thing is so much happened to them that after 18 years apart, they deserve another chapter to try and at least give them some convincing attempt at better closure--or at least something where the story could end on reasonable enough terms and yet still be open-ended enough to allow future installments if possible.

HTW2HTW2almost 7 years ago
Loved it

Thank you for this update. Definitely needs a chapter 7 to bring it together. Marriage and a child need to be part of the ending. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Every word was a delight! You, my dear, are a master storyteller....

...Iam told I'm an old school romantic, and a sucker for any decent story in the form of the great British romance novelists.

Maybe, maybe not.

But I know great stories when I read them. This was singular..... characterization was superlative, the settings, flow and direction were exactly what we would hope for in great storytelling. Your style is enjoyable in that easy, almost conversational style characteristic of some of the best writers from the American South.

Please, oh please, let there be a seventh and final chapter!! And while I'm sure you lead a very busy life, I hope you will put your gift to good use in more stories. You might even consider staring down the brutality of the mainstream and write something illustrative and more for consumption by the general public. You are that good.

I will say by way of critique, that some editorial help with the little technical mistakes that show up here and there would smooth things out some. Spelling, occasional glitches in grammar, perhaps colloquialisms, and the usual things that whole teams of editors work out in the publishing venues.

I had started those series when you first submitted and thoroughly enjoyed the first two chapters. My life took a turn and I lost track of you, becoming occupied with mundane but troublesome concerns.

I'm delighted to find you again at this juncture and look forward to anything else you are willing and able to offer.

Please continue!

And, Thank. You.

ncpecanpiencpecanpieover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank You

Thank You, everyone, for your comments. I feel like I owe some of you a check! :) I am sketching out a Chapter 7 that will hopefully resolve some of the lingering questions. And thank you for enjoying Catherine and Matt as much as I have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More!

O, please give them a happy ending discussing mundane things like dinner and the mortgage.

c4vetteman94c4vetteman94about 6 years ago
Amazing Story

You could truly see the progression in your writing from the first chapter to this one. The jumping back and forth from past to present is done very well. I truly hope to see another chapter in the coming months, you have built a great stroy here and it would be a shame if it were abandoned.

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyover 5 years ago
nice

I liked this story! It seemed rather rushed at times but once I got to the middle of the story I was hooked..

ncpecanpiencpecanpieover 5 years agoAuthor
It was rushed at time

I hit my stride Chapter 4. I published the first Chapter on a dare and people like it, so I posted the second one. By Chapter 3, I was writing a story with characters and a story arc. Chapter 4 I decided to go with it. Chapter 6 I tried to resolve her relationship with John and make them a couple so I could let the story go, so I took some liberties. On reflection, I would spend more time on the breakup with John.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous