All Comments on 'Who Knew?'

by YouDidWhut

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Romance is the right category

The age difference between babysitter and dad is insignificant.

The most mature character is the son.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

A very enjoyable, beautifully written piece of loving inventiveness. I look forward to your next contribution to enrich my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliant.

Loved it.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
So.

Brilliant and excellent have already been used.

The story was fantastic, the dialogue great.

Needs some editing but overall a really really nice story.

More please.

5*

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 6 years ago

Great story. Loved it .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lovely! Could be longer.

As rightbank said, David seems like the maturest person in this story - kind of unreal how mature he is for his age. And, yeah, it was mentioned already that it needs a lil editing. Still a lovely story, if a little too short for me =)

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 6 years ago
Romance.

Yes it was correctly chosen. This was definitely a romance, the age difference was immaterial. I found the reaction of the other family members bizarre. Lindsay is 22 and an adult in every country I am aware of. It's not like she was 17 and needed legal consent from her parents like it is in the U.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
There was too much difference in years.

I too was privileged to encounter someone who was 15 years younger than me. I was 28 or 29. She was a precocious kid. I can't get into particulars, but circumstances occurred than impressed me deeply. I saw her for the strength she had, the loyalty to family, and the need in her soul, but I could not allow myself to pursue my attraction to the person she would be. After all, she was a kid, I was an adult, and the repercussions of such a situation could be devastating to both of us. I did my duty as an adult, and stayed away from her. She eventually found someone else. Married and spent 33 years with until the union became too unbearable. I met her again after the split with her husband, who had done unforgivably damage to her. She was 49, I was 65. We connected, understand each other and the the things we had experienced in our lives. Her health was not good, and I lost her after a year had passed. I wish I had had the courage, all those years ago, when we first met, to say to hell with the morality that was being imposed on us. Such is life. Life and lifetimes continue in the unbroken circle.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Yeah

just wow. What a finish.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Stick

with this and drop the incest crap. You are too talented.

burningloveburningloveover 6 years ago
Very Nice Story Telling

Over six or seven years, I've read several thousand stories on LIT. "Who Knew?" was a very enjoyable read - well written, believable and the right length. Keep writing Romance stories! You do the category very well! 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

Just a great story. Don't get me wrong, I like your other stories but this one is your best! It fit in the romance cat., and I hope you find time to write a Mature one next. Your a very talented writer so we know you got one in you. 5 Stars!

trigudistrigudisover 6 years ago
Well Done

A true romance story. I enjoyed reading the conflict between the characters when Steph and Mitch broke the news. In light of David's affection for his babysitter-mom, they didn't have much choice but to accept the relationship. A fairy tale kind of ending but not an unrealistic one at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great story, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really loving story.

Enjoyed your story so much. Well thought out and well written. Thanks!

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 6 years ago
One of the best...

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Dear Author, Very nicely done. Thank you for writing the story. Truly enjoyable. jntiques

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Definitely Romance!

The relationship has been building for 8 years, since David was an infant. So what if the animal attraction was one-sided for all those years? The simple fact that Lindsay and Mitch raised him together after his mom died drew them together in a loving relationship that was anchored in their love for David. Of course she's gonna rise to the occasion and be a Momma Bear protecting him!

And I'm sure everyone knows the old saying, "If Momma Bear ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" ;-)

Thanks for this one, thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish!

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 6 years ago
Top Five

So well written. Lindsay’s rant when Mitch asked why him, sooooo good (and funny). The final confrontation between Mitch / Lindsay and the families, very satisfying. 5-Star. Top five for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You keep knocking them out of the park

YDW, you just keep knocking them out of the park, one HR after another. I'm glad to see you take on Romance and I hope to see more from you in this category. I'll be reading Bandit next and I expect it will be another blast.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Reader

Your storia are the best!

jrbooks1jrbooks1over 6 years ago
great

I hope you keep writing, I've got you as one of my favorite writers, we need more stories like your others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I'm impressed.

My wife and I both read Bandit and cried. We're both retired military so the PTSD aspect is very very real. This story is good too. If I had an issue with this one is the 2 different spellings of Lindsays name but that's beyond a moot point. As with Bandit this story would make a good movie. Very very well done. Going to read the other stories now. Again 5 Stars isn't enough.

JMH1961JMH1961over 6 years ago
Me Time

I like to go to my favorite watering hole, drink a cocktail and read. Sitting at the bar, I had to whipe my eyes after reading this little tale. Great read, thank you.

savage4xsavage4xover 6 years ago
Great Read

Well written, interesting and sexy, thanks for sharing x

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It is a Romance but belongs in Mature

I do NOT like older men stories. Fantasy is fun but NOT reality. When she is in her prime he WILL be greatly diminished sexually. THAT is a FACT. 5 stars, very nice anyway...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
terrific

Every one of your reads are more than terrific ---I keep rereading each one ----KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 6 years ago
You've nailed it again Masterful writing

You are a gifted story teller

Thanks for making my evening, the whole story line, characterisation and plot was dialogue was Flawless

Stephen

P.S.

Waiting with bated breath for Ch 2 of Thunder Rolls

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Family's overreaction

While I enjoyed most of this, the reaction of the parents and his sister made little sense to me.

It read as though you had originally written this with the babysitter being a 16-year-old high school student. Having that level of reaction when she's a 21-year-old college senior who's had an active dating life seemed cartoonishly over the top.

Being somewhat upset and feeling betrayed, sure. Cursing and screaming on someone's front lawn and threatening lawsuits? Not so much; that's the behavior of a crazy person. His sister's delayed anger was even stranger. It felt like they were being written that way to make them into straw man bad guys so the couple would be justified breaking any ties with them, except that didn't happen either, so I'm confused.

I also found it a bit inexplicable that her mother/his sister didn't seem to have any prior inkling as to what was going on. While she was in high school, sure, but three and a half years of college in which she's spent more time with him and his kid than with her own family *and* we didn't see any sign of her having a serious boyfriend in at least the recent past? Seems like they're be some pretty big warning flags, and with a mother with these strong of opinions about how her daughter lives her life, you'd expect some conversations (even if just of the "Don't let him take advantage of you" variety).

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Nailed It

What a great romantic tale. Well crafted and told with love, family and suspense. You are certainly rising to the top of the list as a very good author. Thanks.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Bravo

An excellent tale. It had good plot and character development and was entertaining to read.

gofastTTguygofastTTguyabout 6 years ago
You da man!

Just about done reading your stories and hope more are coming...er, on the way!

snathsnathabout 6 years ago
Justified

The story justifies to be in the top list. Very well told story, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful & Hilarious !

This is the absolute best short story I have possibly ever read !! I absolutely LOVED how Mitch and Lindsey had no problem putting their ignorant family members in their place, and sheesh what an awesome kid David was !! This was great !! Please consider noveling in your future, I would be glad to read it !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
VERY Good

Well written. Could not stop reading. Wonderful ending.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
I'm Stubborn

I rated this a five star story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
AWESOME!!!!!

One of the best stories that I have read on here! I wish there were more people like Lindsey and David in this world. They are both open and honest with their emotions and thoughts. I hope that you continue to write more of these great stories for us to enjoy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Don't stop

Please do not stop writing. It is harder and harder to find good writing and engaging stories on this site. Yours are great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Romance... Mature? There should be a Fantasy category

This is a 5 star fantasy story and that is how I voted. I'm an older guy and it's my fantasy too. Reality will slap the shit out of an older guy. When wifey reaches her sexual prime and ready to rock and roll, her hubby will be ready to roll over and go to sleep. THAT is reality and a prime reason for her cheating. AND I don't blame her for a dumb assed move by her husband several years ago. So I loved this fantasy story, but I rarely read older man younger woman, because reality will slap the shit out of you in the end.

TailakaTailakaover 5 years ago
Very good story

I'll start by saying I gave it 5*. The only problem I had with it was the age Gap. If it had been closer to 10 years I may have liked it more. I think that the only difference may have been his career progression and his 6 figure salary might have still been in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
In-n-Out over Five Guys?!?

WTF, dude?!?

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Age is in the mind

Two souls can meet no matter the age difference. In this ultra liberal world, does age matter? 10

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very nice fantasy story 5 stars

I quit reading older men younger women stories because that's all it is, a fantasy. Reality slaps the shit out of you. When she reaches her sexual prime and ready to rock and roll you will be ready to roll over and go to sleep. THAT IS REALITY DUDE! She will cheat on you and I don't blame her one bit...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Iol

Anonymous 2 times said the older guys couldn't keep up with the younger wife. I find that quite amusing because, as a 71 year old man, my much younger lady cannot keep up with my own, chemically - UNAIDED self, and has been unable to do so for a decade.

I think that Anonymous I and II may well be some young hopeful who has seen an older man's wife and fallen to the inevitable envy trap. Perhaps I am the exception that proves the rule, but you must never count out those exceptions - they bite you hard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Exceptionally Good Story

Really don't see where the fantasy is in this story. I support your choice of putting this in the romance category. Your casting of David was really good. His one speech to the supposed adults was a high point of the story. Lindsey did nothing wrong. The little twist revealed at the end of David inviting Lindsey to Disneyland, in my opinion, put everything in prospective. David knew what he wanted and figured out to make it happen. Thanks for a wonderful experience. Keep up the good work. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good story, but . . .

It's a shame that your otherwise good story was ruined by grammatical errors. Please learn the difference between 'sit' and 'set'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Age?

It's in the mind!

We're together 24 years, son 19 and oops - daughter 9

I'm now 75 and she's 43!

Go figure - and I don't need little blue pills!

19pvc44

roveroneroveroneover 4 years ago
Outstanding...!

Score this has spot on, and also agree with category you choose...and 48 comments already indicates it caught other's attention too.

Seems doesn't matter whether older man, or woman...a lot of people 'offended'...heart wants what it wants.

I usual notice glitches in tense, spelling, etc and didn't here-totally sucked in.

-looking forward to more of your stories-noticed a LOT of high scores

Strong 5 and fave story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Story

A very good story and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Kids

I don't have any. Just never happened. I really liked the story. It is about time a writer gives a young kid credit. Nine year olds are very aware. They are pretty much past their formative years. When I was 9 Kennedy had been dead for a year and I was in my second year of little league walking the mile to the park on my own. Kids aren't stupid. Again good story. When the confrontation started and I was nine I probably would have climbed out the window and shimmied down the drainpipe then hid in the garage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
hm

I don't mind David's *maturity*, but I'm not thrilled with how *articulate* you present him as being, in the crisis scene.

Nice work in general, though.

rightbankrightbankabout 4 years ago
Romance

... is the right category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Need To Stop Reading Your Stories

I go through a box of tissues every time I read one of your stories. I just lost my wife of 56+ years and your stories let my cry and are part of the healing process. Thank You

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Emotional roller coaster

Got to hand it to you again, just about all the emotions were in play for this story. I went from excited, to sad, to anger, to happy and every where in between. At the start of the story I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it, pedophilia just isn't my thing (I know every body is 18 or over, except for David), but it turned into something way more than "banging the baby sitter" and I'm very glad I read on to the end. Five stars for this story and thanks for writing and posting it.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Enjoyable

An enjoyable story,but I would have to know more of what happened after the confrontation and up to the birth.

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleeveover 3 years ago
Could change rating. I accidentally touched 1, meant 5

Sorry. This is a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really sweet story.

I'm glad I found it and its author. Thank you so much!

And now on to your other stories...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lol this actually belonged in humor right? If so then it was a high score

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Favorites. That is 3 from you. That never. Happens. Smile

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

Loved this one. A well told story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
old man/young woman

I can't go there.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Sweet, very sweet. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Awesome.

I prefer any age gap to be eitber 20 years or below for me to digest the story better. But as life would have it there are bigger gaps out there. I know of a man marrying a woman 34 years younger than her. That is the toughest pill to swallow. Even though they married when the woman turned 30... Still... Tougher pill to swallow considering the man has children as old as his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved this

The whole story left a smile. The revelation of the son at the end was great. Thanks for sharing your talents.

DP

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352about 3 years ago

Very good story. Love does not really care about age after a certain point in time. Some cultures accept that, many do not. A well written piece.

jimmy_loganjimmy_loganabout 3 years ago

well written love story without being oversexed. i really liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Five star 💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟 rating

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Lovely story. Well written. David's too mature. 5 stars

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
A wonderful story

Well written without clichés

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story. Lindsay has 2 children now. Her first is a young man. You do not have to give birth to a child to be a mother or father. She raised him, with Mitch, and she can proudly say, " my son", because he and his sister are both her babies. She will go in MAMABEAR mode to protect her children!

bereznikbereznikalmost 3 years ago

Lovely story, I liked it. Some of the grammar needs checking and you have a tendency to us 'setting' instead of 'sitting'. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was addoooooraaableeeeee! I'm generally not a fan of age gap stuff, because it always come off a little... Predatory. But the way you wrote the characters the older male came off more as the prey if anything, absolutely well done.

2cookies4u2cookies4ualmost 3 years ago

I loved the story! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Shmcurdcc06Shmcurdcc06over 2 years ago

This is a great story.

And that is coming from someone who admittedly has issues with "older male, young female" relationships.

Every rule has exceptions.

This is one of those.

5*'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

At first, I almost stopped reading this one.

I don't like men that hit on teenage baby sitters,being a father of 3 girls you can understand. The fact as he started getting the photos and didn't go horn dog, made read more. When his son asked if his mom loved a much as she did, that almost broke my heart and then have him fight for her against a room full adult's was the best. A great story !

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
Thanks For The Memories

Us Lions fans don't get that many happy ones but Megatron and the rest of the boys came to play that day. It's tough with no Barry, Calvin or Matt and the days of the old Black and Blue Division are long gone. No more Monster's Of The Midway. I can't even fault you for betting $20.00 on the Lions to lose, it should have been a sure thing.

All whining aside a good, fun story with all three MC's standing up for each other the way it should be. The first time I rode Thunder Mountain at Wally World in Florida right after it opened I thought that tunnel was going to take our heads off. *****'s. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Whoever makes the “similar stories” list should really include “Dad and the Emo Girl” by Romantic1 on the list for this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
I don't like older man younger women stories and refuse to read them

Bur not thisone, 5 stars. When she reaches 35 and her sexual prime and ready to rock and roll he will be ready to roll over and go to sleep. The sequal will be a cheating "Loving Wives" story.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Another great story from one of the best authors I've read on this site.

But I'm sad when I checked and you haven't posted here in nearly 3 years now.

I hope you are in good health and hopefully you will add another of your fine works here again someday soon.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story over the moon 5 plus stars

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

I do so enjoy a sweet sugary love story. Lots of babysitter gets the Dad stories, but this is hard and shoulders above most. The way she had in fact become Mom over the years is a testament to her love. Loved this one. Glad I decided to check out others after reading one of your stories on the suggestion list. Thanks for a great story with real life type characters. And even the watery eyes 🙄 John

BTW Literotica seems to be getting a little better about inclusion of other stories rather than the same ones virtually every time. Maybe they’ve improved their algorithm. 😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was so sweet, honestly needed that. It wasn't just a "fuck the babysitter" story, it had a heart and great characters. As with any story with such well done characters I wish I had longer to spend with them. 5*

RudyJeRudyJeover 2 years ago

Heartwarming story well told. Truly enjoyed it..

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Beautifully told. Really enjoyed this.

GongguyGongguyover 2 years ago

Great story, thoroughly enjoyable.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

very enjoyable story, well written.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

Excellent. just wish a little more about the adult family members apologizing and each one in turn apologizing to David.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story really did it for me. I’m 16 years older than my wife, and we’re coming up on 15 years together. Sometimes age really doesn’t matter when you fit together perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful storytelling, wonderful story. You know it was fiction because I don't think the Lions have ever beaten anyone by more that 15 points (I'm from Detroit). :-)

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

A very heartfelt story. Thank you !

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyabout 2 years ago

Very good! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you!

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Cracking story, I loved that line about living without any single one of them bar Lindsay, so true for many couples and they tend to be the strongest marriages, where they’ve both got each other’s backs. Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Very good!

10/10!!!!!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

2nd reading, awesome story

olddave51olddave51about 2 years ago

My Bio mom was 12 years younger my step mom was 14 years younger but they did not marry at 21 but my dad had two wonderful wives. Good story 5 stars

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Very different line than most babysitter stories around here.

docrxdocrxalmost 2 years ago

Great story!!!! Keep on keeping on.

mac1729mac1729almost 2 years ago

What a great story. Thanks for writing it

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userYouDidWhut@YouDidWhut
1583 Followers
Every god and every demon, every heaven and every hell is inside you. Hey everyone. My 20th story posted today and I wanted to say thanks because it’s been a while since I said thank you for following along. So, thank you. It means more to me than you will ever know. Thank...

SIMILAR Stories