All Comments on 'Teaching the Cub Ch. 02'

by sthsth

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I liked the story, but found it difficult to suspend disbelief enough to really enjoy it. Any guy who was so controlled by his hangups would hardly be 'rehabilitated' by one short session with someone so sexually assertive. More likely he'd have a panic attack and collapse! In real life he'd need six months with a psychologist.

I think if Tim's character had been a bit less cringeworthy I would have been in a better frame of mind to appreciate the erotic aspects of the situation.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationover 5 years ago
More, please!

People are often twisted up by competing internal priorities, and you've painted such a character in Tim. He "knows" what he wants, but hadn't been able to free himself enough to get it. Knowing sometimes isn't enough, and it needs an extra something to bridge the distance. Sophie was that bridge.

Could it have backfired? Sure, in fact it almost did, but Sophie stopped Tim from running away. She helped him feel his way (actually) through the moment and be more mindful of the present experience even while he was afraid of irrational consequences. That's what overcomes such anxiety. Some people spend a long time in therapy trying to achieve such an outcome.

All the psychology aside, your storytelling was excellent. The dialogue was believable, and you revealed more about each character through their thoughts and actions. I found the scene in the bathroom sexy, and verrrry captivating. Good thing, 'cause that's what got Tim through it, too. Whew, was it hot.

I really hope you will make time to add to this sexy series.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
I agree with Anonymous

Tim is a little beyond belief, but it's a fun story anyhow.

I still find the first-person Tim segments grate with the third-person Sophie segments, but since that has become the format it would probably be best to continue it for the rest of the story.

Lue

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersthsth@sthsth
I just submitted part 3 of Unfinished Business. It should be up in a couple of days. Please let me know what you think. This chapter became a behemoth and had to be cut in half, so expect part 4 in January. Also, I am currently hard at work on two more stories. One was going t...