All Comments on 'Imperfections'

by Michael_Butterfield

Sort by:
  • 148 Comments
GrttrnGrttrnabout 3 years ago
Well written

Well written story, believable characters, thaough a bit fast in my opinion

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Review

Enjoyed the story. It finished as I hoped it would so that's a plus.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterabout 3 years ago
Absolutely wonderful

This story brought back a few memories of my time in Colorado .

Reggie2xxReggie2xxabout 3 years ago

I was so totally into this love story that I could not quit reading hoping for a great ending like the one you had.. great reading thank you

patient1patient1about 3 years ago

Perhaps I am biased because tall, clever women are my type, but this may be my only all favorite collection on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Perfect

This story was awesome. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thanks for a super read

I think this is the best story I have read since at least the start of this pandemic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Lovely story.

Very emotional and well thought out story. I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
excellent!!

Very well written!!

G5902G5902about 3 years ago

WOW!!! This is a great story with a very nice flow and well paced build up. Thank You for sharing this wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
excellent story, very well written

very well written, believable, one of the best I have seen on this site. Thank you for writing it.

GHreaderGHreaderabout 3 years ago
Another winner Michael

Your stories never disappoint.

This was well crafted and had a flow like a river.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank You

From engineering nerds everywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great Story

A love story .

Hope they had many kids to fill the bed

Only improvement would be more details of how they both felt as he was cumming deep up inside her

Keep writing

tangledweedtangledweedabout 3 years ago

Michael has only written a handful of stories here, but they never fail to deliver the goods. Another top notch offering here; we are lucky to have him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I could taste her

That was beautifully written. Sometimes that phrase sounds trite, but this time I just wanted it to be me she squirted over. I was that into it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

i very much liked your story. it was just right. just the right amount of everything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
********** ten stars

This is the best story I have ever read on here in ten years; sexy and romantic. I came while crying. Anyone can cum; finding a soulmate is the impossible fantasy. Thank you.♥️🎶

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I like that when Rachel describes how gorgeous Alan is, the first thing she mentions is his height. Still keeping the real life aspect in there!

WittonWittonabout 3 years ago

This story - as a story - was easily the best First Time story I've read here.

More than just deserving ten stars - there's been grade inflation around here and five stars don't mean what they used to - this piece would serve as a model of short story writing. The character development is remarkably good without being forced; the characters' motivations well explained by and in the course of their actions.

I was particularly impressed by the author's explanation of facts which would have apparently belied the virgins' explanations of their acquired knowledge while denying prior experience. Virgins being as clumsy and uncertain as virgins necessarily tend to be are not nearly so erotic as these two who have a lot of experience - just not of penetrative sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Imperfect but still decent.

Could have done away with a lot of the backstory for the two characters, as their accounts of prior sexual experiences were awkward tonally and conflicted with the intimacy and romance of the present day narrative, particularly the backstory for Alan being as experienced as he is, was more sad for the people involved in that affair (I felt really bad for that war vet) and that kind of took me out of the sweet naivety of the character, and changed my perception of him as a shy, quirky but honest good dude, into a slightly douchey, careless guy that would hurt others' already stagnating relationships for his own temporary benefit. This happens right at the end too, which makes the jarring tonal shift all the more disappointing as the payoff for the story at the end is quite good, I dunno just thought this was one of those stories were the phrase "less is more" coulda very easily fit and bettered the outcome, still quite good overall, brilliant setup, characterization and pace throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I really liked it. I was a bit disappointed, at first, when I saw how many pages long it was but the quality of the story more than made up for it!! I'll be back thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Erotica, not just a wank story.

While I think the characters' traumata are constructed rather heavy-duty, it is a romantic, beautiful story. Maybe I'm overgenerous with a 5* voting, it's probably no more than a 4.73... ;)

Cal59Cal59about 3 years ago
Thanks

I checked the length of the story before starting and was a little disappointed it was 5 pages, while I would have loved more, this was excellent just as it was. Thanks for your efforts, 5 stars from Australia

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellabout 3 years ago

I agree with the a lot of the previous commenters. Excellent story.

Some of the backstory did seem quite a bit off putting. The whole day about him almost getting caught could have been, eliminated in my opinion, without loosing anything. It would have gotten us back to the love making as well.

I think the birthmark and scar was genius, just a little too much detail about the arrest and brain tumor.

Development between the couple was about perfect. This one is being added to my favorites. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I am stunned.

The score of this story way exceeds what it deserves. My biggest complaint is the simple improbability of all these events/circumstances happening to them: the birth mark, the burns, both fathers dead, the woman next door, her friends, staying awake under the bed for a full night, the list goes on and on. And that doesn’t begin to cover the improbability of how their sexual activity went down.

I’m perfectly fine with fantasy, after all, this is an erotic fiction site. But there should be a shred of believability when all is said and done.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

Very sweet and sexy indeed. I lived over fifty years on the front range between Boulder and Castle Rock, with more than a few family, friends, and former students graduating from CS of M. It was CU and DU for me. I’m happy to see now that the male/female ratio is closer to 2:1.

I’ve been a fan ever since ‘Life Raft’, and ‘Imperfections’ didn’t disappoint. I like how you spiced up the story with their kinky side adventures without impugning their relative innocence. Yes, very sweet and heartwarming indeed. Thanks very much.

DJStoneDJStoneabout 3 years ago
Realistic

As a fellow part-time writer, i know the importance of feedback. The thing I want to say is thanks for showing that realistic human characters and foibles are still very much possible in today's world of superheros and supervilins. I love the slow pace of this one encounter story. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

the only unbelievable thing about this is him going to MIT without being rich. they don't do scholarships lmao.

JBluejayzzJBluejayzzabout 3 years ago

Disregard the comment about the improbability of all the circumstances surrounding this couple. I had an occurrence in my real life with a girlfriend that rivals these two realistic people, albeit without the erotic outcome. It's an erotic fantasy, anyway. This is a very entertaining and sexy story that deserves more than five stars. At first I was put off by all the details about his house and the bed, but you wove them back into the story very neatly. Thanks for a nice love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great Story

Great story - and yes crazy coincidences do occur - and yes MIT absolutely gives out a shit ton of money.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusabout 3 years ago
Imaginative

Thanks for writing an imaginative well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very well written. Good character development. Great grammer.

MoonbirdsMoonbirdsabout 3 years ago

IT is a really good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Normally, I'd find this type of story a touch saccharine...but you nailed it just like Alan nailed Rachel!

Well done...refreshingly good spelling and grammar too...I look forward to more from you... :)

6Jock96Jock9about 3 years ago

Excellent, well written, and refreshingly good grammar... really enjoyed this story, will look out for more from you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice story concept. I liked the way it started. Three things I would comment about. First, you had a fair amount of exposition in the beginning. That’s less of a problem for me when it’s first person because it feels like the character is talking, just to me. Still not ideal. Second, the dialog felt wooden and a bit contrived. I didn’t get a natural feel, especially between people who just met each other in this situation. Finally, the freaky stories they both relate about their past experiences felt weird and out of place for the characters as they had been set up. Just not believable. Add to that that Rachel’s secret voyeurism is a violation of personal respect. If she were a guy whose roommate brought girls back to the apartment so he could watch in secret, we’d all be creeped out. It’s not less wrong just because she’s a girl. She instantly became much less sympathetic when I read that.

Solid effort nonetheless. I gave it three stars.

dasinclevedasincleveabout 3 years ago

Loved it. Refreshingly novel storyline with characters we can care about and so well told! 6 stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A beautiful love story. Thank You!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story.

I completely disagree with the "wooden" and "contrived" dialog comment. And yes, in real life, unless all parties are aware, voyeurism is creepy, but unless I'm mistaken, this is a work of fiction/fantasy.

Sounds like sour grapes from someone who may have submitted stories that weren't as well received as yours.

"Life Raft" was the first submissions of yours I have read, and this is the second.

I'll be reading the other three in the near future and hope for more.

Thanks for the story.

5 stars from me, for both.

Shmcurdcc06Shmcurdcc06about 3 years ago

Another kick-ass submission.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story. The characters are kind of contrived, but that's porn for you, first of all...and second, it's not so damn easy to get your story to work with the main characters being total strangers, and having mind-blowing sex within a few hours of meeting. Not only that, but meeting each other, being attracted, exchanging painful--but matching-- life stories, and having great sex ...and on top of that have both of them have some reason to be sex experts despite being virgins ! Enjoyable to read.

MThunter1MThunter1almost 3 years ago

Very good story. Good character development and pace.

I look forward to more stories that you've written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ideal situation for a girl to be in, and I’m saying this as a girl. It was so nice to get into your fantasy with you. I was looking for something that would turn me on but also make me feel happy and this was exactly that. Speaking of firsts, this is my first erotica! So thank you. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I noticed the “3/4 inch” and loved that he did, too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Life Raft, Girl Next Door, and now this one, are some of the best stories in this site. (The sci-fi ones might be as well, I haven't read them yet.)

Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story! thanks, and waterbeds are still the very best. It was nice to see your description of a quality frame, most things these days are such junk.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked it very much. Would over to see a Followup!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Simply outstanding in all respects; as impactful as Lifeboat and as sweet. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. Just . . . Wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was amazing ❤️

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
Unabashedly

Splendid....

You win favorite author status.

DarkChocolate9DarkChocolate9over 2 years ago

Michael Butterfield has to be a pseudonym for a well known literary giant. An excellent, well written story.

I read "Promises, pt.1", by chance and was disappointed that part 2 hadn't been posted yet. I followed the author immediately, began "Imperfections" and was pleasantly surprised. Mr Butterfield is an excellent storyteller with a great imagination. Easily one of the top 5 stories that I've read on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Being a hopeless romantic, I loved the story. I am usually put off when I see a story this long. I'm glad that I read into it enough to get hooked. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've never read better - thanks for sharing this! Please write more.

humminbeanhumminbeanover 2 years ago

Beautiful! Loving, gentle, and a happy reminder that everyone is flawed, one way or another. The perfect woman (or man) is perfect anyway.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Good story. Along those lines you shuld write one with more chapters. People would be surprised how many people find someone who an imprefection is not a big deal. Good job. Michael.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love your writing style..just completed reading your entire offering

Thank you for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Well imagined and well written. Every guy's dream.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Know it had standard fiction disclaimer at start but at the end wanted it to be a true story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent...a true story not a litany of sex. A.F.C. Somerset.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

A near-perfect story

about physical imperfections that don't mar the souls who bear them. Simply a marvelous story.

trooper46trooper46over 2 years ago

This story is the kind that dreams are made of. It has all the elements a lot of us romantics love to read. Job well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ill be honest I never comment. Read one of your stories and kept going. Love your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Second time, and loved it just as much! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! Cute, fun and sexy with some soul. Enjoyed the writing style. Will read some more of your work! Thanks.

Dutch_BoyDutch_Boyover 2 years ago

Delightful! A genuinely enjoyable read, unlike some of the other dross that comes up. I will most definitely be exploring more of your work.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 2 years ago

Absolutely delightful, one of the best stories I have read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written. I specifically appreciated the way you gave them mutual insecurities. Having once had a somewhat similar intimate coupling, I felt the story was possible in real life. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow. Wonderful writing. Thank you for sharing it here.

BOHICA33BOHICA33about 2 years ago

Bravo! Well written, Mr. Butterfield.

I've picked up many examples of how a story should be written.

Thank you for sharing - you've got my 5-star, my Favorite, and my Follow.

"On to the next one," b

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love stories that have a positive plot. Too many have a sordid side to them so a wholesome plot really stands out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bravo! Very nice, sweet story. I really liked how we learned of the imperfections later in the story and particularly how you foreshadowed his.

Although I frequently wish my favorite stories had a sequel, curiously I don't feel that way with this one. Perhaps it's because he has no family for her to meet, nor were any friends introduced. But for whatever reason, I just think this one ties up nicely as it is - and we can imagine their lives together.

5* rating for sure!

Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely the BEST first time story I have ever read, anywhere!

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Yeah ! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Bub541Bub541almost 2 years ago

Imperfections are essential to beauty.

gentle_patientguygentle_patientguyalmost 2 years ago
...This! ...

5***** - Stories like this are why I give so many good stories on Lit 4*stars, because there's got to be something more left to give the great ones!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome! I enjoyed it more than I can express!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You should do this a lot!! It's perfect!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story. Read it multiple times and still love it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, great pace, great emotions on display. Would love to read a sequel...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely fabulous. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written and well paced. An enjoyable read for an older man who happens to share a surname with you. I've been working on several stories, each with a quite different theme, but things have slowed down over the past year or so when my wife's illness and dementia both became critical. After reading this, I think I'll find the time to get back to work on them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story - loved it!!

mfbridgesmfbridgesalmost 2 years ago

Great story, I've got a disfigurement from when I was 5 and had a similar story as well. Very similar feelings, I was 21 before I finally found some accepting.

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLalmost 2 years ago

Very well done! Loved your story!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Great story, well written, and very enjoyable with fun characters we got to know well as the story developed. They moved awfully fast but that was the nature of the story so it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, though it did stretch credibility a bit. Despite the speed of their decision, I was happy for them in the end. Great job, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome enjoyed reading it immensely . Brought back a lot of fantastic memories

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Good story but a little far fetched at times bit it's Literotica. Still worth 5 ⛤

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Had lots of fun with this short story. By now I feel like I'm somewhat familiar with this author's writing and characters, but somehow they never get old. I love the nerdy, not quite perfect protagonists of your stories, dear Michael. Sure, they're always hung like horses, which isn't exactly the way I like my men, but the character development makes up for that. 5 stars.

TabiRaiderTabiRaiderover 1 year ago

I felt so at-home with the main characters. Everything made sense to me and so much of it has hit close to home . . closer than the author could ever guess . . I could take the place of Alan and all that would be different would be that I'm English and that my name isn't Alan. I know that I won't ever find my Rachel . . I've always know that, and after 40 years, that's ok, because somewhere, this story is being played out in real life.

Good job Michael. You wrote a great story that has resonated with so many readers.

Tabi.

SirechoSirechoover 1 year ago

Very romantic. Enjoyed all of it. Always like a happy ending. Off to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was sweet. Thank you.

LanmandragonLanmandragonover 1 year ago

Wonderful, loving, perfect. Thank you.

BeachCot84BeachCot84over 1 year ago

I enjoy a good romantic story. My trade used to be Mechanical drafting, so I enjoyed the nerd alerts. Well done!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMichael_Butterfield@Michael_Butterfield
728 Followers
The first fiction I ever wrote (outside of grade school assignments anyway) was a short piece of erotica that I first shared here at Lit. Somehow an Editor’s Choice award was bestowed upon it, but at my request that early and clumsy effort was eventually removed and I focused ...

SIMILAR Stories