All Comments on 'Breakfast of Champions'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 148 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
750 words

of beauty

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Very nice. I can imagine the end result. A sixteen year old is old enough to choose the parent the live with. Dear old mom needs to find out what life is like living in a crappy studio apartment in a bad area of town. Add to that the reputation of a cheating slut and losing the respect of friends and family - can you say Karma is a bitch?

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Well, That Worked Well...

In 750 words. Well done!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
750

That was one hell of a story for only 750 words. Most LW authors couldn’t tell a complete, satisfying story like that in ten pages. Lying, cheating, bitch got caught by her son. That’ll leave a Mark. Great story!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago

The real loss, here, isn't the marriage, since, ultimately, she stopped caring about it a while ago.

Her relationship with her son, though? That's even more dead... and this one's gonna hurt a lot, in the long run.

As always: when you cheat, you're only cheating on your spouse, but on your entire family.

Thanks for the share, author.

AbovethecircleAbovethecircleover 3 years ago
Wheaties - not Cheerios

Let's get this right -- Wheaties are the Breakfast of Champions! Otherwise, great story.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

While it was a great story the ending is seriously missing, I know there a word count but just feels undone still a good read though.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago

That was excellent. Short, but very intense. A good son, watching out for his Dad and knowing what's right and what's wrong. Great story.

Well done, thanks for posting.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Is this

750 word nonsense some American thing?

It's entirely meaningless.

This could have been a good story but it's a nothingness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another mass shooting on the way

What is with the American obsession with violence and raising kids to be nasty, vindictive arseholes? I can only see misery and destruction ahead involving this little shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sweet and bittar mon

Five‘a fat Spliffs fo da humor‘a us.

Write on, mon

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Meh

Mediocre poker

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

Short wnd sweet! Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Perfect! Not a wasted word 5*

I'm usually not a fan of very short stories. This is perfect. A complete story. Thanks for your work. You are a gifted writer.

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a great short story! Loved every 5* word. Look forward to even more, thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
SMASH !!!

GOTCHA, YOU LYING BITCH.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

Just about a perfect story. This reminds me a lot of your 'Zoo Interrupted' which is another pretty much perfect flash. Good characterization, believable interaction, smart kid!

Nicely done!

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 3 years ago

I dont usually like the 750 word stories that come out. Few people can really do the story justice in so few words. However you hit the nail on the head with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay, for what it was...

But I would have much rather had a longer, properly developed story, with character development and plenty of emotionally charged dialog. This was basically just an outline for a story. I was excited when I saw a story by Bebop3 listed, but disappointed when I saw it was only a crappy 750 word story.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 3 years ago

That kid is already more of a man than 90% of the husbands in Loving Wives. Fun story. 5 ⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It goes to show

Women who decide to cheat justify with the biggest lies they can with the help of "friends" to justify their slutiness. My ex tried that and she lost the kids and most of everything. That's another story. Good thing she has been remarried 3 times. She lost all those too. Just not smart enough to understand she was stupid.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago

A very mature young man. His mother just threw everything away and it’s not coming back.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

just plain loved it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gifted? No.

Mechanically sound, but otherwise the typical he-man woman-haters club stuff. You should actually meet some women before you try to write about them.

GinloverGinloverover 3 years ago

A whole lot of story in so few words. Brilliantly done

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Even without the recording, I think the kid's word would count for a lot.

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Wow!

Great 750 word read! Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
one of the better short stories...

I've read on this site. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent! Did not need a 751st word.

750 words, 100% complete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I guess I missed the violence in the story.

I'll have to go read it again.

Nice bros before hos story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Never Underestimate a Teenager

Ha! Great little story there! Five Star's ***** Thanks for the read.

For a young guy, Edward's got his shit together. Loved the confrontation wife Mom's lover - "If I ever see you again I'm going to put you in the hospital."

For a guy that just got caught fucking Edward's mom the shit for brain lover was pretty mouthy and arrogant. Most guys would have just slunk out after discovery and been on their way and wouldn't have engaged the teenager.

Besides, next time whose to say Edward planned on fighting fair with the douche bag.

"Officer, I found this strange man raping my mom, so of course I went after him with my baseball bat. I was scared for my mom and I just kept hitting him till he stopped fighting back and moving."

Loved that Edward had dialed his dad on his cell phone during the confrontation with his cheating mother and dad got to hear the whole dirty discussion including her plan to lie and make false accusations against her husband to try and get an upper hand in the divorce. This is more common than most people realize in fact is recommend to women as a means to get a protection order against the husband to force him to leave the house. Once out, the husband is out for good even if the protection order is eventually dismissed and woman are never punished for making false accusations and statements to police when a divorce is involved.

Edward's 16 and most states let older teens decide who which parent they want to live with. Worst case he goes for emancipation then can make his own decision where he lives.

His relationship with his mom is going to forever be tainted and she'll be lucky if Edward ever wants to have anything to do with her. I sure as hell wouldn't after they way she acted after Edward confronted her. She didn't just destroy a marriage she destroyed the family as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Exceptionally good story no matter the length.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Damn smart kid, but he should have shined his shoe tip, in the smart-ass paramours groin, then take a picture of the paramour, in the house, on the floor, in the fetal position. Just so dad can see the dude and deed.

/

6*, Hooyah many salutes! Let dad take care of the slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Middling, fine given the limit, but still felt dragged out. Guessing the appreciation at the end was thanks for their help... really? You needed help from that many on 750 worder?

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Now that is the burn that keeps on giving.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Some really good comments mixed with the regular clowns who keep reminding us that YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! Don't we have enough of them without importing them from Sweden?

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 3 years ago

Short and sweet. Good originality.

Thanks for sharing.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

A lot of punch in such a short story *5* good writing!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

I would love to know the rest of the story, but 5* for a complete story as is...

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 3 years ago
Very intense...

... and very well written. Loved the ending. 5 stars for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done!

Loved it! Very well told!

This kid definitely deserves an attaboy!!!

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
I have to agree great job.

It could have also been a beginning to a much longer story. Good either way! 5*

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyover 3 years ago
Nicely done

Some really nice touches in this short piece. The casual dismissiveness of the mom’s affair partner is really well drawn, and it contrasts nicely with Edward’s boiling anger.

I especially love the confrontation over the granola bar. "Put it down or I'll... Put the fucking thing down!" In the space of that ellipsis, you can just picture the guy continuing to carry around the granola bar nonchalantly. What a dick.

As usual, the dialogue is crafted with care. It reads like the words are being spoken, not like they are being written with some quotes thrown around them. A good example: “Seriously, I get it, but don't go getting crazy. Your father's honor and all, sure.”

With only 750 words, the mother had to work extra hard to earn the burn she gets at the end, and boy, did she ever. What a narcissistic sociopath! Threatening to prevent Edward from ever seeing his father again with a false accusation of abuse, just to conceal her affair? Damn. Real Mother-of-the-year material, right there. Edward and his dad will be lucky to get away from her.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Perfect

Usually don't have a child involved in the discovery. Nice twist.

chastenchastenover 3 years ago

Nice and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Unfortunately, this was a scene that can't properly convey it's message within the confines of 750 words.

PeelercrabPeelercrabover 3 years ago
Good bye to you!

There really are women like that. Often do they care enough to even get what they deserve.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Clever little story!

5

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Not just yes, but HELL YES!!! 5*****

You nailed it! I was hoping he's snap a picture as the boyfriend walked out so he could be identified later, but your solution was so much better! I enjoyed that. I love stories about ethical kids who stand up for what is right and for the parent who deserves their loyalty. Great job in just the right amount of words!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I love a good flash. Nice job bebop. I find it funny though that one of the anonymous called this heman women haters. I have used that term before but Jesus, this is SO not not that. Of all the writers, to call out Bebop on that, lol. Yeah no.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years agoAuthor

Hello Anonymous!

"Mechanically sound, but otherwise the typical he-man woman-haters club stuff. You should actually meet some women before you try to write about them."

Thank you for taking the time to read the story and offer your feedback. May I take a moment to reflect your sentiment back to you? You may want to actually look at the oeuvre of a writer before making assessments based on one story.

For balance, you may want to look at "Consequences" or "Mr. X Games" where the antagonist is male. Does that mean I've also never met a man? You may also want to peruse stories such as "180 Days in Montauk", any story with Siobhan, "Contract Negotiations" or the upcoming "Shinobi Nights" for stories of mine where strong women are the protagonists.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 3 years ago

Very nice work. Flow was spot on. Excellent!

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Burn...

...The Bitch. Nicely done, Bebop3! Five big stars ⭐️ for this one.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 3 years ago
Smoth move...

I loved it. Beautiful. 'Nuff said. 10 stars. The Bear approves. Glad I read it.

The BEAR

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Haha, he handled that like he already had other plans for the rest of the day. Great writing, barely a wasted word in there.

gordo12gordo12about 3 years ago

Excellent. Well done! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Pure...

......excellence. 5 all the way.

KJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not sure where the "erotica" is in this story, it just feels angry and vengeful to me. Why is this in the "Loving Wives" category?

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Rarely do I give a flash story 5* but this one earned it. Great story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Well done

Good story

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Clever.

A good flash story

answering the most important questions.

Top ratings from me.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 3 years ago
Terrific!

Really well done! To capture it all in 750 words, really shows off your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Slow ?

Daddy didn’t raise no slow boy but he sure married a slow wife ! Good job

gingerhuntergingerhunterabout 3 years ago
The wife did one thing right

She gave birth to quite a son. Then again, he obviously takes after his father.

Great flash fiction, Bebop3, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Now thats...

...a good kid. Great story, 5 stars.. thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved it.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Excellent

Whole story from the start, middle and finish. Included a good plotline, characters and emotion...entertained. Job done thanks.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 3 years ago

Absolutely perfect. Nicely done!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 3 years ago
BTB Anyone?

Short and sweet. Nothing else needed to be said.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Perfect!!!

I almost didn't read this. Awful glad I changed my mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Bang

You hit that one out of the park. 5 Stars.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 3 years ago

Terrific. 5 stars only because 10 stars aren’t an option.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent

Smart young man, stupid mother.

Cracker270Cracker270about 3 years ago

Wow, great story and put together just perfect.

rublicksrublicksabout 3 years ago
Neat

Direct and to the point ,as for the Anons,meh

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
Great Story

One of the best for the LW site.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Damn quick but good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The only weakness in the plot is . . .

how can a woman that stupid, and selfish, bear a son that intelligent, and brave? Well, at least she was a decent incubator, and apparently an adequate fuck, for a while. I'm thinking her warranty has expired, and she is getting very close to the end of her useful life. Wonder what she'll get for her cheating ass at the second hand store?

Thanks for the effort.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 3 years ago
Nice job

You done good bebop3

enjayemenjayemabout 3 years ago

Classic flash! Straight in, minimum characters, dialogue, and straight out with a wonderful twist. Great work

teedeedubteedeedubabout 3 years ago
Yeah

Whoosh. Court adjourned. Good one.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingabout 3 years ago
Wow!

Just an excellent word-count controlled short story. Great sculpting of young son's character development in such a short piece. Mega kudos!!

WS

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 3 years ago
Double wow!

Short and to the point. Way to go kid. Maybe mom should have hit up Edward for the missing sex, he seems to be man enough. At least it could have kept it in the family lol.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

Excellent flash, so the breakfast isn’t the only thing down the toilet!

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 3 years ago

When I was sixteen

it wasn't a very good year—I didn't have a fraction of Edward's wisdom or strength. Loved the story, of course.

Crusader235Crusader235about 3 years ago
Yes

Wow hot hard and fast. Hope the divorce goes this quick! Loved it 5 Stars!

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

Honor, dignity and strength.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Thats

Thats the way to do it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Even without the recording, the son's testimony would carry a lot of weight.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nothing but net!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Missed this when it was first posted. Very interesting treatment of an awkward situation with a young adult. Nice one Bebop.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Short, sharp, and to the point! Like Shakespeare' razor...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

that was bad ass

mr bill

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

mic drop

davebccanadadavebccanadaalmost 3 years ago

Caught me by surprise and I loved it. Good one!

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 for this story - I really like it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
NOTE: I'll be taking Painting By The Numbers down soon, so if you'd like to read, please do so quickly. In the meantime, the new Hop on the Bus story is moving along well. Coming up in 2024: Second Hand Hearts, a story in the Hop on the Bus universe, but with a twist. Than...