All Comments on 'The Ultimate Sacrifice Pt. 05'

by Homer21stC

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
FightingTardFightingTardalmost 3 years ago

An odyssey worthy of your namesake

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Other than getting sidetracked reading about mythyological beings every several pages, you had my full attention start to finish. Waited until you had posted all chapters and read it all in one sitting. Well worth the wait. Quality writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What an excellent yarn. Well told and superbly paced. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A too short epic story, but a well done too short and very, very epic story !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it! This story has such passion and emotion that I had to love it. This was a piece of work that made my weekend better and I have nothing but praise and gratitude to the incredible author for all the time and effort put into this wonderful literary creation.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A rather daunting story and quite the lesson on Greek mythology. They say all mythology has some basis in fact. So who knows how much of Greek history is real versus what comes from men's minds. Some of the feats performed by our 'super-superman are over the top, but are they? It has been said 'the only thing we can't do is what we haven't thought of yet'. I have lived almost 80 years and the things I have scene and the technological advancements that have been mad are more than amassing. We now have cars that drive themselves. My first computer in '84 was 8x8 inches with a membrane keyboard, 1K of memeory and 8K rom basic and cost $150 and used an old desktop TV as a monitor. Today you have a cell phone with giga bytes of memory you can it it anything and it will answer your questions. I actually read a sci-fi story back in the 60s that described something like a cell phone and about the same size. So, you see we seem to be able to do anything except for one thing, we can't seem to get along. Their are so many depots in the world, Russia trying to destroy Ukraine. People killing people, the political parties blaming each other for our problems when all they need to do is what's best for the country.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

A great, great story. Love it. AAAAAAA++++++

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 1 year ago

This was a very good story, but I feel Penthesilea got shafted when it comes to screen time. Hector was her partner, if not romantically... And she doesn't try to reconnect?

Even just a few lines when he's about to leave earth, after Josephine kisses him, "and then Penthesilea stepped up, shooting a quick, 'sorry!' to Josephine, and shocked me by planting a kiss of her own on my lips. Taking my head in her hands, she said, "I just found you again - I'd better not be losing you so quickly!'"

oldpantythiefoldpantythief17 days ago

A well written story but lacked the same feeling at the first chapter. This last part seemed to be rushed and I noted several typos or spelling errors near the end. Something I never noticed in the preceding chapters. I'm certainly not one of the gramier police and just found it odd and out of character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHomer21stC@Homer21stC
Long time reader, short time author. Stories have been in my head for years. Now I’m retired, time to put them on paper.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES