All Comments on 'The Beginning Ch. 32: Epilogue'

by FantasyStoryLover

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
SN88SN88over 2 years ago

I hope book 2 doesn't take long to post. Thanks for the fun read

FantasyStoryLoverFantasyStoryLoverover 2 years agoAuthor

Hello, everyone. Thank you for all your support thus far, but I'm afraid the news I have isn't something most of you will like. Like any author, my hope with writing was to one day be published. Unfortunately, I have recently learned that posting more than 15% of a book online, to a public forum, automatically disqualifies it from consideration, for most publishers and agents. As such, moving forward, I will only be posting 15% of each chapter here to Lit.

A workaround to the 15% rule seems to be having people read it privately. I'm sorry to say that the only way to have said private readership seems to be via Patreon, since I can see each patron's email ID, and send them the chapters as they're ready. What that essentially means is that from this point forward, patrons will be the only ones with full access to each chapter.

I understand that this is upsetting news, and I will accept the backlash that follows. Believe me, this is not some thinly-veiled attempt at driving more people to support me on Patreon. It is honestly a move born out of the need to adhere to antiquated and outdated requirements within the publishing industry.

With that said, I will understand if this drives some of you to stop supporting me. All I can offer is my most sincere apologies, and move on with the hope that this doesn't sour the spot Chris & Co. have carved into your hearts.

Thank you for all your encouragement, support, and understanding.

Fantasystorylover

TREK1TREK1over 2 years ago

Well, I guess this is goodbye from me at least then, not even going to bother to vote and putting you in my trash folder.

TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Fantastic story but disappointing ending

Wow, where do I start? you've spent 5 years creating these characters, crafting this world, weaving this storyline so beautifully. We watched Chris suffer, grow, learn, overcome and finally unlock his potential (or at least part of it). You soaked us in the existence of academies and the various components, populace, traditions and structures in them; all for what ? so you could tear it all down ? so you could spit in our faces ? so you can "build up the protagonist" some more ? no this level of tragedy was quite unnecessary at best and cruel at worst.

I see you intend to concentrate on being a published author, I'm really happy for you and I really hope you gain the large following you deserve 😊, that being said you haven't quite done your prospects any favors with the dismantling and killing off of certain core elements of the story.

All in all, you are truly gifted author with a talent for world building and I hope you achieve your dreams of being a bestselling author someday, thank you so much for the wonderful stories.

-Manuel

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Confusing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

FantasyStoryLover, can you even spell stupid? While your writing is pretty good your comments below make it obvious you have no common sense. You don't get published by alienating your readers.

Lea7Lea7about 2 years ago

I was under the impression that you could simply remove the chapters when it came time to publish - other authors have done that on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story.

Are you going to continue the story

parenthesisparenthesis15 days ago

Thanks I enjoyed this.

It is a real pity that you aren't posting new chapters here, but I 'get' the reasoning.

I hope your future endeavours are successful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFantasyStoryLover@FantasyStoryLover
I'm sorry to say that moving forward, patrons will be the only ones with full access to chapters. Like any author, my hope with writing was to one day be published. Unfortunately, I have recently learned that posting more than 15% of a book online, to a public forum, automatic...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES