All Comments on 'A Journey to Reality: The Sequel'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WOW

It is nice to think of a brighter future because we inspired those around us. I know teachers feel that way but it is important to consider we all might have that ability.

Thanks: Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Like

this story because it is so different from the doom and gloom of many time travel stories.This is a story about hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Mentoring - A Good Thing

Well aren't you something - another corner turned and in a very positive way.

In reflection, we can remember who and what affected us in our life's process but usually there is little evidence of what each of us has affected as we trudge along our way keeping our eye on the ball.

It doesn't have to be hard to make diferences - just be more aware of the needs around you as small as they may appear to be.

Nice work Jack - you are appreciated

With Very High Regard

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very different

Jack,

This is a very different take on the genre, a positive effect from time travel? Very well done, congratulations sir! I like your stories and hope you continue.

Thanks for getting me to read nyte_byrd's original, I had missed it. I will go back and read the rest of her offerings now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
nice

very nice little story.

one of the things that should really have happened, along with what actually took place (the positive change resulting from the girl's short words with her mom way back before the former was born), was that when she "return" to "the present," not only that her mother's life trajectory was altered (for the better, which was what was intended, though never known for sure) but that her very own life --- with the "inventor" of the "time machine" itself --- too should have been changed!

either that man who invented the machine and the woman were living in a DIFFERENT/parallel universe to HER OWN mother, which is NOT possible, or they live in the same universe: if so, that time machine would also have changed her and that man's living circumstances, when she went back in time and changed her mother's life trajectory.

after all, it's not SIMPLY her mother's INSULATED life that change but the WHOLE COUNTRY changed --- starting with the local landscape, now a hussle, busled city with Toyota and a whole bunch of new stores and freeways, etc. that SHE didn't remember, that she did NOT live through while the change took place (because she was in that time flux with her mother, which though seemed only a few brief moments, in reality, was really years in duration, long enough for all those realities in that city to have taken place).

temporal time-line for her mother's old house and her and her live-in boyfriend, the inventor, was the same; thus if one change, the other too would have changed; if she "came back" and found her mother no longer living in that old house, she, logically, should also have found her own place with the inventor gone, including him, or drastically changed, too,,,,

but, on the other hand, if going back and doing things changed ONLY SPECIFIC individuals and their life stations, then the inventor's rational/fear for mis-using the invention was also faulty: you can't change generality, only specifics (of course, it goes without saying: if his logic was that faulty, one doubts he'd have invented such a machine that could transport a person to such a specific place and time like that! ah, a fantasy, that's right! ;o)

shangoshangoover 16 years ago
I'm speechless

While at one point, I was waiting for Crystal to ask Al to consult Ziggy (my fellow "Quantum Leap fans, I know you are out there!), it was still a very good read.

Thank you

bornagainbornagainabout 16 years ago
The best ending

Jack that was the best ending to this story I read this story from nyte_byrd's story i myself was in high school at that time .I hope you will be writing an ending to your ending instead of leaving them talking about going to get a ring will you ?

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
Great story:

Glad I read it. A story of love and hope. Made this 64 year old Viet Nam vet tear up. Loved it. Keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Beautiful, simply beautiful

A masterful piece of writing - a beautiful sequel

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
Nice story but with a fatal flaw...

In nyte_byrd's original, Crystal gave Monica a silver peace sign necklace while time traveling which would mean, of course, that Crystal's reality before her time travel had already been affected by the time travel that she was about to make. Crystal's reality would have been affected only if she had NOT traveled back in time. Of course, another flaw is the fact that the necklace would have had to basically appeared out of thin air. Since this is getting so deep, I'll let you ponder that one.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A JOURNEY BEGINS AND ENDS

with a step, but in between the roads twist and turn. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 2ND AND 3RD CHILDHOODS

a very refreshing journey. TK U MLJ LV NV

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfabout 11 years ago
Wonderful Story...

Went back and found the one that started it by Nyte_Byrd, read that, then read your story... Very well done, I enjoyed it immensely...

Thank You for the Excellent Story...

Jack99Jack99almost 10 years ago

Monica, with a shocked look, studied her daughters face.

"Mom," Crystal said, "Can I have my peace necklace back?"

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Yeah

Just goes to show what a little consideration in the past could make a more pleasant future. Or is it a more pleasant present? If the past is changed does the future stay the same? Or is it the past becomes the future of the present?

Damn

Five Stars

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 9 years ago
Great Story.....

Call me a big, soft, 'twat' if you like... I don't care... A good end to a great story. Thanks, jack-straw.... Thanks.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Now!

That right there were a hell of a story. Finest kind, Mister straw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful!

I think that this is without a doubt one of the most uplifting stories I have EVER read about the power of hope. As someone suffering from recurrent major depression, it gave me a major boost of goodwill and positive feelings!!!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 7 years ago
Five Stars!

I always enjoy your stories, wherever I find them. Thank you for all of your efforts!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Wierd but really good Thanks!!

This says it all

I finished the article and just sat back stunned. One sentence, one little word of hope, had changed a lost, frightened little girl into a strong, confident woman and a decrepit, dying little town into an economic dynamo.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Spec

fuckingtacular! Every time travel story has little flaws but this one has remarkably few. And I do love a good time travel story. Thank you for this. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 5 years ago
Great Job

I just came across this gem.

The continuation of Crystal's meeting with her mother in the past was well done and well thought out. Similar to the change in Marty McFly's changed parents in Back to the Future.

I don't know if you still read the comments on your story but thank you for your hard work.

Woodmanone

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
This took an interesting story, and ratcheted up to an excellent story

Really good

5-stars & Favorite

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

I like this sequel, it really completes the storyline. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent ending to a fun story! Found your story first, then searched for the original. A hyperlink at the top of your story would be helpful.

In any event, thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fabulous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely fantastic!

.

One plot hole, however — since only Crystal went back in time, there is no way that Graham could be as unaffected by the changes as she was. He, too, would be different…and so different that he never invented the time machine….etc…..etc….etc 😎

.

5 *****

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 1 year ago

Well done J-S, Well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is an emotional little read with a strong theme: Be an encourager, bring hope to others. Works best if one lives in hope and able t give hope. Has anyone else ever wondered how we have helped others and changed their live.

The Hoary Cleric

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

This story had me chocked up a couple of time just as the first one did. What is it they say about dropping a pebble into a pond, a splash, and it is gone; but there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on. Sure, there are some holes in the story but nothing to get upset about. Another five stars.

SkubabillSkubabill7 months ago

Thank you, actually, for two touching stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous