All Comments on 'Home for Horny Monsters Ch. 081'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Are you going to introduce us to the Krampus? :-D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

haha Terry Pratchett eat your heart out, love the Hogfather bits! SO! looking forward to the next chapter. keep the love coming!!! many thanks.

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyabout 2 years ago
Oh Annabelle

Basically anything by Terry Pratchett is awesome, but godfather could be a nice inspirational read.

Not that I am telling you that your writing is bad, it's effing fabulous. The world you have created is a source of joy to me..

BlowPopJBlowPopJabout 2 years ago

I'm thinking Krampus or maybe that Shadow character from the movie with the guardians (Jack Frost, Santa, tooth fairy, Easter rabbit and Sandman)

DaddyKruhlDaddyKruhlabout 2 years ago

I'm very eager to see your version of Krampus

Ynottony72Ynottony72about 2 years ago

Again thank you. Your story has kept me going since the beginning. Love your writing.

BenByTheWayBenByTheWayabout 2 years ago

I hadn't even thought about it until I saw your tags, but was crawling through the vents always intended to be a Die Hard reference? Some of my favourite writers agree that giving the characters room to express their own voice can make for some of the best writing and interactions. I love the mythology and deeper worldbuilding but also the willingness to have Lily lampshade some of the mystery handwaviness. As good as Terry Pratchett is I would almost say that you SHOULDN'T read Hogfather until after this arc because I would hate for it to influence your writing or worse make you second-guess the story you wanted to tell out of worry that you would be accused of being cliché or stepping on Pratchett's toes. Yes goblins, banshees, kitsune, and Big Foot are all other peoples' stories, but you have taken those threads and woven something wonderful and original.

BenByTheWayBenByTheWayabout 2 years ago

I think it's great that your stories are at once silly, and sexy, and serious, and sad, because people are like that too. And if anyone thinks that it's confusing or contradictory just hasn't had enough experience living (something which has nothing to do with age) to know that people are those things as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another great chapter that, as always, I read through way too fast. Now for yet another agonizing wait for the next one!

christi11christi11about 2 years ago

Very nicely done! There for a while your writing seemed more... gloomy and while this isn't ALL happy times at least it seems to be lighter. As always, thanks for sharing! And... Yeah... <Smiles as I tease> I'm still miffed you killed off Velvet! I am, however, looking forward to meeting her and Mike's child.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another awesome addition, Annabelle! Apologies, alliteration ability acting askew again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fantastic, I am curious why the main antagonist to this tale would be making his move now of all times? Santa is not an easy character to overpower and his enemies that have a beastial or demonic appearance to my recollection are few. It will be interesting to see if the ghosts take Mike through his own history and history hidden by the spells of the house. Looking forward to finding out.

Thank you and good luck.

Long time reader.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 2 years ago

Awesome yule fun.

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearabout 2 years ago

Another amazing chapter.

I count myself lucky to have found Mrs./Ms. Hawthorne writings early. I've watched as she grew from a writer with good instincts and a story to tell, to an amazing author that can weave a tale with the best of them. I've grown to love the characters she has created and am in wonder of her ability to maintain the individuality of each character in her ever-growing universe. I see greatness in her future, and am glad I can honestly say I was there at the beginning. Bless you my dear, thanks for sharing, and keep them coming please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hello. I've been with this story from Chapter 3. I love all that is happening and I really enjoyed the spinoffs. Can't wait for more. I'm thinking the nasty that came out of the elevator might be Krampus Klaus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love your Christmas story as long Christ which is the reason for the season isn't bad mouthed it's a fun and funny yule tide story and to me the best Arthur out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love it! You should definitely read Hogfather (and all of his other Discworld books), R.I.P. Terry Pratchett!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Annabelle,

You have nothing to apologize for.

You have crafted a wonderful storyline from a very humble beginning, please continue to do so.

The critics can go write their own stories if they feel yours are not up to the standards they hold. The rest of us will continue to enjoy what you have offered.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

*Hogfather/nightmare Before Christmas flashback intensifies*

I'm guessing the big baddie is Krampus?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Your action scenes are improving, not nearly as hectic and hard to follow as the previous section. Sex scenes are good as well. Looking for ward to the next chapter. If you could have it posted when I wake-up tomorrow morning that would be greaaaaaatttt...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

There is a movie made of the hogfather book (2006), so if you don't have time to read it, the movie is a little over 3 hours long, so can be watch in 1 evening. It will probably miss a lot of the nuances of the book, but better as nothing I would say...

CortavarCortavarabout 2 years ago

Hi Anabelle and everyone!

Great chapter as always! I love how you turned Santa's sleigh and bag into something almost lovecraftian! You do have a knack for describing truly alien things, be them mimics, Elder Gods, angels or bags.

As for Hogfather, it's up to you if you wish to read it. Another reader mentioned being wary of second-guessing yourself, but the elements you have set in place are going in a different direction from the Discworld book, one that is your own already. You have a strong setting, strong characters, so even if you share some tropes with Sir Terry once in a while, it will still be your story.

Don't worry about splitting the party, it's a good trick to give some screentime to most of the cast, and to have parallel storylines unfold and meet again. Just maybe don't use more than 3-4 concomitant actions, it can get confusing when too many things happen at once in different places. (For the sake of your DM's sanity, don't do it too much either if you play tabletop RPGs...)

Best regards,

Cortavar

PS : something may have gone wrong when I first posted this comment, so I'm reposting it, don't worry if it appears twice.

PPS : I was wondering what tabletop RPG system would be a good fit for your universe. If any reader have an idea, I'm listening! (I would use Fate Core if pressed, but that's cheating, Fate is so adaptable that you can run anything with it...)

redpoppiesredpoppiesabout 2 years ago

As a writer, you are getting so good that pretty soon I won't be able to afford to read your works, which makes me both happy and sad [sad and happy?]. I can only hope that libraries will start buying your books. If not, I will just have to beg friends to buy them for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely loving the interplay between Death and Lily! I am curious if the dream sequences Mike experienced were real events or fabrications of the Spirits of Christmas. Keep up the amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hi Annabelle, you have already used that splitting up in many chapters, so I wouldn't expect it any different. What would be interesting is getting mike and beth to work together. Or do 2 different routes and ending up together.

I think with me a large group just want to see them end up together...

skippersdadskippersdadabout 2 years ago

I have always liked the way you put these stories together, you have a gift , you keep wrighting we will always read .

JzznJzznabout 2 years ago

As always, loving this chapter.

I have been hoping for a "vacation" like story to give a reprieve after the last epic book and this almost has that feel to it. This will most assuredly be a mandatory December read each year.

I'm always antsy for the next chapter but shown that my patience is rewarded. Thank You for Your Beautiful Stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My guess he is dealing with Icelandic black elfes, and the Icelandic Yule troll Grilla. Maybe her husband could be involved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

First read the Hogfather, it's amazing. Second it's great that Mike is returning to his "origins", he doesn't need to be the strongest, just collaborate with everyone in the house, and think out side the box. At the end of his story, he can be that overpowered, and slap Leads a bit again, and show every thing he accomplished.

EsbanosEsbanosabout 2 years ago

It's always a good story of Mike and company being in danger.

Though I have one request. That you start use the under title for the chapter. Its a looooong time since Mike got the house

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Am I smelling a healing coming for Lily? Ooooh...I HOPE so!!! She seems miffed that she can never be a mother....if I remember her backstory right, when she was changed into a succubus she lost her ability to have kids. Hopefully there's some powerful magic ahead that can reverse that??? Miss Annabelle, you know we wanna see Lily and Mike go there!!! Yessssssss!!!!! Amazing story!!

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeeabout 2 years ago

“Magic penis move plot” has been fantastic so far, but I’m sure Growth and Complexity will be good too I guess

You’re amazing Annabelle, and thank you for giving us your sexy words

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Merry Ho-Ho?

I find your take on Santa's North Pole amusing, though the story seems a bit like the movie "THE SANTA CLAUSE 3". You know where Jack Frost takes control of Santa's role. Still I find the story riveting and can't imagine what Death is up to, with Lily's help? Let's just say Santa might want to take a real extra long vacation once he's found and able to use his SANTA magic to restore things. Mean while I hope Mike can elude those lights that Jack Frost sent after him, they certainly don't seem the kind of lights you usually see for Christmas. Further I hope Tink, Kisa, and Holly catch up to Mike and Yuki! I've said it before Witerannaabelle YOU ROCK!

ChocolateDeviantChocolateDeviantabout 2 years ago

Another solid entry. It did seem weird that Mike is in straight attack mode now. Is that meant as a literary choice or is he evolving to be more grizzled because of what he has been through. I'm interested to see where this goes

mharrisonmharrisonabout 2 years ago

Loving this and the whole Christmas theme :)

I also love the way you develop the plots and characters. Whatever way you move/plan, whether it be a fully pre thought out plan or as you say above by letting the characters lead you as it grows, the method you use definitely produces great stories.

The notes are a nice touch as it helps us understand some of your reasoning - like the splitting of the cast. Certainly makes sense to me as it would get very complicated, and possibly hard to follow, if every single character was directly involved!!!

Can't say enough thanks for sharing your work with us all here - it's massively appreciated!!

As per your comments - yes you really should read the Hogfather - great story.... :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love the series, love the plotlines, I love your writing and humor style.

Please don't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for the brilliant stories that keep me looking forward to the next .

ChrisHeadyChrisHeadyabout 2 years ago

Sure hope Holly gets pulled into the house's play again, would love to get details about it, not that Holiday Hijinks wasn't very fun and sexy but it was clearly a short story. Do you have past audio book two yet? Re-reading the whole series as it is anyway just only found book 1 or HoHM and Holiday Hijinks in audio form so far

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I was wondering if you had read Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman. Definitely got some Discworld vibes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ho ho hoooo boy! 😆

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lily should like Christmas more! Christmas is full of Ho, Ho, Ho's!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Never mind the hogfarher, great minds think alike! Thanks for another instalment and for continuing the series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thx for the insight into your process/plans. Smart move to split up smaller groups and allow more time for their development and interaction! I just wish that included more detail in the juicy parts. The scene w Beth was right on, but w Kisa it was too much summarization, IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

God, dark elves, trolls, and now Jólaköturiin!? Why do i feel somebody is gonna recieve some BDSM treatment from the K man?

MuffinMan13MuffinMan13about 2 years ago

Love the new perspective. I did get a couple of good laughs and always love Lilys involvement.

It seems only natural that the group would split when involved with different situations. What normal household go around en mass? As well to write about so many charaters at once would be too confusing to read.

I have done some research into mythical creatures. Boy, you have enough material for the next 100 books!!! Ha Ha cant wait!

Oh, when is the next chapter? Pleeease? ;p

princecharmingslprincecharmingslabout 2 years ago

Brilliant chapter, Can't wait to read the next chapter.

RatdogtwoRatdogtwoabout 2 years ago

I was LMFAO when death was singing the reindeer's names. keep up the awesome work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Fantastic

I like your take on The North Pole. As usual your writing is both humorous and riveting! I wonder what crazy scheme Death is hatching and can only hope it works (I won't hold my breath). I'm sure (well pretty sure) Mike's magic will somehow prevail and he'll find Santa and help put things right. (Remember he has a ton of help!)

As I've said before, writerannabelle YOU ROCK!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good chapter. Really good.

More fun overall, tonally.

Lily and Death are probably my favorite two characters, period. Together, they could have their own series of "Road to..." movies, seriously. A succubus paired with the only entity she can't get into the head of? That's comedy gold right there.

Please don't fall for the patter about getting Lily pregnant. Really, any more of them, at all.

A few reasons...

It is a tired trope in harem porn. VERY tired.

Kids not originally in a series/tv show/whatever nearly always drag it down, or prove it was already done. (So if you do this right when you know you're ending the series, different...) There are a LOT of examples of this...Oliver on the Brady Bunch, the kid they added on Alan Thicke's show...any time they add a kid, nobody really writes well for the kid, or the adults, because just like in real life, children are disruptors, even with the best planning.

Lastly...and this is always a very thin rope to walk...

Kids in porn stories always feels on the edge of creepy.

I honestly don't want to read about sexy magic penis guy having to pull out of a magic vagina to go save his kid or change a diaper.

Nothing against your writing, Annabelle...your world-building is awesome. Kids, though? Also, the mundanity of that kind of everyday life seems counter to the vibrant world you have built.

Then...what do you do with them when dad and whoever the mom of the week is go off on an adventure? Leaving mom home seems very retrograde in a story about powerful women...but having an absentee dad is just as bad. Good excuse or not, no little kid wants a parent gone all the time, saving the world, instead of tucking them in.

Just my thoughts, I realize some agree (though it seems like they have gone silent after getting shouted down so much), and others will not (the shouters).

I wish you the best of luck. This story seems much more alive than the previous one. Unlike some I think you may have lost, I am sticking around for this!

Thanks for your hard work.

Ravus_SapiensRavus_Sapiensabout 2 years ago

What is that thig that has taken over the North Pole? My immediate guess would be the Krampus, but since every other creature they've encountered seems to be related to Norse folklore, Krampus might be a little too southernly (coming from the region around the Alps), the next best would be some version of the Old Man Winter, of which Jack Frost is one. The most obvious, given the Norse references, might be Skardi specifically, or some other Jotun. Since Morozko (basically Russian Santa Claus) is in the same situation as Krampus; namely geographical distance from the Norse cultures that seem to be the basis of the rest of our baddies.

Also, you can't just name-drop relativity and not expect me to try and figure out how the sleigh works! That is just not fair :P

Tl;dr: i cannot wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Your expounding imagination surpasses my wildest dreams. A Christmas story leaving Charles Dickens in a green mist and stories like The Hobbit in dwaining dust is so envelloping. How you weave this ongoing story is more complicated than Velvets Webb. The more I read the more I get sucked in. Absolutely love how you weave this story not forgetting previous events.

You are a Master of story telling and never has there been a Christmas Story of such relish.

An intregue into a Christmas Dreamscape (I have adopted Deamscape into my thought vocabulary)

Fantastically done good Lady Annabelle

Lenny20Lenny20about 2 years ago
Ghosts of christmas

When starting reading this series a few years ago (and up until recently), I never came close to expect the spirits of Christmas past, present and future would be part of Mike's world. Still, it seems very promising, especially if they might help Mike discover something about the house, architect or the great game.

I really hope Alabaster wasn't killed, because I found a second elf besides Holly was a great way to really bring out the Christmas feel. And I don't know if it wasn't even meant to be a surprise for further chapters, but I am 99.9% sure of what snatched him, especially with the dark fur, long limbs and it speaking german.

Btw, hopefully we will see more from Mike's son, not just in flashbacks, but direct interactions. He is the child of the caretaker, so I assume that comes with some burderns/benefits?

Anyways, thanks so much for sharing this wonderful chapter and the interessting notes at the end. Another five stars easy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I was trying to wait until the current chapter was finished before reading these. I somehow get the sense that Death and the Demon are going to end up delivering presents before this is through. It reminds me a bit of Hogswatch as part of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. It's a good reference to pull from if you decided to go that way, and if not good job either way. Honestly, if not for the sex scenes these would be good enough for their general book series. And yes I'm reading a story series on an erotica site for the plot and not the sex scenes at this point. Please accept that as a complement.

HoubovyJazykHoubovyJazykalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic as always. You’re striking the perfect balance of serious/light hearted mood.

I’m def interested in how Mike is going to handle having kids. Considering his caring personality and his awful childhood, having a difficult relationship with Callisto(through no fault of his own) can potentially drag up all sorts of inner conflicts(even real world regular kids can prefer one parent to the other causing all sorts of hurt feeling).

LevindlLevindlalmost 2 years ago

It was a brilliant idea to split the characters! You did it in the book with the cabin and the house, and now doing it again in this book. It really does make things easier to remember who’s on first, what son seconds, rather than I don’t know…..third base!

I also love the fact that you have cross mentions the story of Tink that you have on your homepage, mentioning about the orgy that she did, and it coming up as part of the past in the story. You are an amazing writer and I thank you for all of the hours of entertainment that you have given to me.

Sincerely,

Daniel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Still Awesome!

Still Awesome. Can't imagine what death has cooked up, but pretty sure he and Lilly will probably come through unscathed. Just curious, what legend is Yule Cat from? Never heard of it before this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

GRIM CLAUS or Santa Death?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh this is awesome lol Jack Frost, the Yule Cat and it seems like were about to see Death's version of A Nightmare before Xmas (even if I'm wrong your surprises have been enjoyable so far so I'm in).

Oh, as far as I'm concerned you can keep this story going for years and I'm fine with that notion, the potential here is endless =)

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

So many different things being woven into another nightmare for Mike and co, brilliant, once again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love you so hard bro

TexlanderTexlanderover 1 year ago

What a sight that would be, Death delivering Christmas gifts (Kawanza, Hanukah...) and his little helper Lily the Succubus.

Think of all of the rotten Souls she can find while traversing the globe!

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucitover 1 year ago

" it will just fit, because reasons." - Exactly! Nicely done.

offtoneverneverlandofftoneverneverlandabout 1 year ago

funny while reading it I thought of The Hogfather

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I know there a couple chapters that have been written already in this book but I hope to Kris Kringle that death becomes jack skelington!! Nightmare before Christmas style:)

KahunabobKahunabobabout 1 year ago

Hogfather is a great novel. And if you haven't read any of Terry Pratchett's books, you really should. One of the best fantasy writers out there. Rip Sir Pratchett.

korbona69korbona69about 1 year ago

terry pratchett reference! i was thinking of death as Death tbh i love him

JoeyDiAngeloJoeyDiAngelo12 months ago

THERE ARE AUDIOBOOKS?!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago
O M G!

You have Death and Lily helping each other? You really do have a sense of humor! I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what happens next!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Annabelle's Death and T. Pratcher DEATH are both abatars of the real one. Both of them are enjoyable although they have quite different personalities. I.M.H.O. Annabelle's one is developing a deeper and more complex persona to our delight.

I hope no one turn onnthe furnace while our heros are inside.

Procurator9Procurator910 months ago

Death is really to much 😆.,.

Oc Mike ends up under her skirt🤭

sheepkiller2sheepkiller29 months ago

First of all you are the best and this is the greatest story.

I hope the Caretaker has tons of kids!

I am really impressed by the correct Icelandic spelling!

Make sure the Caretaker gets a some clothes for Christmas so the cat doesn't eat him!

CherrypahhaCherrypahha5 months ago

I love the change of direction of your story. I have fallin hard for all your characters. I only have good things to say… and I know that can be irritating as feedback if you are trying to improve, be better. BUT you are very good now also.

I appreciate your commentary at the ends of your stories….

Chromy2483Chromy24835 months ago

Love the unique twists to the story already. I think that Mike will be the one to drive the spirits crazy. Death and Lily working together to save the presents and the sleigh, is going to be hilarious. Death will have to keep Lily in line. Mike climbing up inside Yuki's skirt to get up, lol. I'm looking so forward to reading the rest of the book! I can't wait to see who is the mastermind behind the Christmas takeover! So much fun!

Chromy2483Chromy24835 months ago

Oh, forgot to mention that I really love your commentary at the end of the chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I have to say, I’m not getting into the spirit of this one .

GrmPAGrmPA29 days ago

Happy, happy! Joy, joy! Love your inventiveness Annabelle.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Thank you ! You put so much detail that it is easy visualize.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
10528 Followers
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 115 of HFHM is scheduled w/e April 26th Chapter 116 of HFHM scheduled w/e May 11...