All Comments on 'She Did Me a Favor'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bravo!

I really liked this one - because it managed to avoid some of the more common cliches. Such as the "golden children" who were angels growing up and are headed to become President, the wife who managed to keep all of her sexy charms in spite of having children and aging, any thought of "revenge" (beyond letting the other cheated spouse know), no attempts at "counselling" which end up being an attempt to make the cheated spouse feel guilty...just a nice snapshot of life, with a happy ending that didn't overdo it.

Great stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
a feel-good story about adultery. I love it!

What a great story and so well told! Ordinary people screwing up,as we all do, them making the best of things,something we often can't pull off, unfortunately.

I'm a great fan of your work, particularly the longer stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Should have been called

Phoenix: Rising From the Ashes.

Well done - the story line was always engaging. The character was sympathetic.

I submitted a story last night with a lot of parallels to this: The Other Woman.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Why Can't More ?

An author mostly writes stories what they like and enjoy themselves.Or they write what sells.After reading this great effort by an author who has time and again shown that he knows how to spin a story I can only say ,he must realy enjoy his work.Thoes of us who read all of Jack's stuff we can find,have come to expect nothing less than another outstanding effort.A wonderful story with a great ending.Looking forward to more.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
wow great story Mr Straw

a strong man who did what had to be done without being nasty or excessively venegful or Mean and without being a wimp.

great story ... best story... toping your other recent great work.. SITTIN PRETTY

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
BRAVO # 28

This is a very enjoyable story.It is particularily enjoyable in that it ends on such a positive note. Too often, these stories end dreadfully for the agrieved husband.He is presented with a fait acompli which he must accept or lose his home,friends, and family.However, this is different! There is hope!No matter how forlorn or desolate the husband feels, a change of venue may re-kindle the self-respect that wives work so hard to extinguish.In the same sense,many of our home situations are so bad that our clinging to the hope that time will heal our wounds is foolhardy.Delinquent, disrepectful children become delinquent, disrepectful adults.Hateful ,evil in-laws only add personal distaste and disdain to the mix if you endure all the punishment that they hand out.Perhaps we have the stirring of another great author, capable of holding his own in company with the truly great such as WINTERFROG and HARDAYSKNIGHT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Disappointing

Sorry, to me this story was just the same old theme we've seen so much of lately.

Here's the story line: Man catches wife screwing someone, man takes pictures, goes to lawyer, informs other man's wife, goes to motel, closes all credit card accounts, quits job, travels somewhere, finds wonderful (incredibly beautiful and loving, of course) woman to spend the rest of his life with and marries her while the man's ex-wife mopes around at the old homestead as her just reward for infidelity. If there's been one story out here in that vein, there's been a hundred in the past three months.

Sorry Jack, but that's all this story was...all strung together with some gratuitous sex. You're better than that. Find a new story line and work your magic into a real story, okay?

mallahmallahover 17 years ago
Nice

This was a nice story. Your man did not sit around and wallow. There was no attempt at some gruesome revenge. He realized this was a way to do actually what HE wanted in order to salvage his life from mediocrity. The elements that are in every 'loving wife' story may be there, however, it was done in a gentle, nice way. There was a different theme with the children, I can't remember any other story with such slacker kids. But,it was nice to finish the story with a smile on my face.

Thank You,

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Nice difference

Jack,

This may be the best adultery story on the site. A guy who isn't a former Seal deals with it the best way he knows how. Kind of like most people any of us know. Sometimes good things happen after the bad, I wish this was a more common theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Your Story

has been mentioned by this guest review in the New Story Reveiw thread in the Author's Hangout on the bulletin board.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sorry..

Sorry but after I realized that this guy was a total loser I lost all interest. Didn't even make it past page 1.

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
You know Jack,

I've often seen that comment before:

The best revenge is living well.

But the problem I've always had with it, is that often authors use it to refer to one mate pretending an affair didn't happen and staying together. What if it's not something you can get past, how does it apply to that person?

But I liked this take on the saying better. He may have been down, but you let a nice guy win for once (which doesn't happen often) and find happiness. He was able to live well, just not with a cheating spouse. He didn't abuse them, just found a new way to live.

Great story

-Risq

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 17 years ago
Great story

Jack, another winner! Very down to earth, believable. Well crafted story line, well composed. Thanks for a fun read.

Spectator1Spectator1over 17 years ago
Well done Jack!

Great story. I hope you continue writing on here. In other words I hope this isn't the last Straw.

But seriously, I'm the same age as your character and this is real, true-to-life stuff. I've been there. Done very tastefully.

Thanks

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Nicely Done

An entertaining tale where the cheated on doesn't flip out but moves on and moves on well. Thanks for a good read.

sherlock40sherlock40over 17 years ago
A very good story.

The cheated-on husband moved on with his life. He didn't spend thousands of dollars on electronic devices to get more evidence on her. He made a decision and stuck with it. He didn't go to elaborate lengths to gain revenge. Just a regular guy reacting to a gut-wrenching experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Decent, if somewhat plodding

At least you worked some decent sex in between the terribly dull minutia report of life after cheating. This was way better than most "revenge" stories, but as an erotic story was average. More focus on the sex, and cutting most of the first page would have served this story well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Impressive Author - Multiple KUDO's

Earlier today I saw your name on this story and have looked forward to it all day. It was well worth the wait.

Your skill honing and audience pleasing entertainment just grows with each effort.

You are appreciated Author and I / we look forward at interval for your next.

With Very High Regard

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Refreshing story

Good job with this story - credible and a good read. The thank-you post card was a nice touch! Peter deserved better and it was good to see it work out for him.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 17 years ago
Well written,

Nicely written story about an insipid man coasting along. He is shocked to find that he is not man enough for his wife or father enough for his children. So what does he do, he runs away!! What a wuss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Read

You got to cut your losses and find happiness where you can.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Very Moving Story

Pete You Have a new life put your heart into it and remember Maureen and your new baby dont let what beth did screw your new marriage up .

Pat Murray

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Load of shit that exposes idiot readers

This story is typical of the ignorance of writers and those who fawn over a "well written story".

As examples, tires just do not pop with screwdrivers and they make one big BANG when they do get pierced.

Public libraries frown like hell in having rules of naked chics anywhere near their computers or printers to the tune you would be talking to the police they would call.

Lastly for the lesson if you were communing with Crazy Horse's ghost at the Little Big Horn you had better check history as he never died there.

Thanks though for exposing what dimwits you have for fans. Every poster should know what idiots are on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well written story

A Well written story, but it seemed to miss something. maybe the fact that neither he nor his wife seemed terribly broken hearted about the dissolution of the marriage. He, in fact, seemed relieved to find an excuse to dump her and the obnoxious kids and become a foot-loose and fancy free man again. I guess he had no responsibility for the kids. It was her ault they were all screwed up. the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nice story

I liked the story. No one hurt, no one harmed that did not deserve it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
concur with CT Yankee

there's no real heart breaking sorrowfulness to the story; it's more like, okay, bitch, i'm free of you now, along with those possibly illigit juvi delinquent kids you borne.

have a good life by yourselves, cuz I'm gonna do that, now that I'm free of y'all,,,

that don't endear the narrator to me.

i think the very capable writer --- as someone harshly observed a while ago --- spent too much time, too many pages, talking about senseless sex with girls of yesterdays,,, and about closing accounts, video taping this and that, blowing up pictures in public libraries,,, it's too lame,,,, all those sections could have been skipped and simply focus on the fateful meeting of that sad woman, Maureem and deal with the daughter,,, those two things would have, by themselves, made this story 10 times better, more realistic,,,

if the author had taken time to explore the "opening up" emotions of the teenage daughter --- even if the druggie son's left out of it --- and why she had suppressed herself thought of herself, of the father, and of the mother for so long (it's because both parents had NOT been there for her, so she emulated the druggie brother),,, I would have applauded loudly,,,

but the author had the narrator treated wife, daughter, and son like throw aways who he's neither related to nor care about (no mention of child support, either, though HE wanted half of the house's proceeds if sold by the cheating wife, who's now approaching 50 and would not likely have armorous younger men fucking her again, or for long term relatships, which she did NOT want in the first place),,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Hard Edge ...

which reminds me of real life. What I liked the most was the fact that the husband went on with his life instead of being fixated on what the cheaters were going, why they did it, what happens next with them etc. Pete also did not go off on some wild revenge. I glad that we did not hear that constant refrain in this story about how much time they had invested in the marriage.

Although it might seem like a fantasy that Pete had these women attracted to him (perhaps you could have had him work out and lose weight) it often true that what one takes for granted others treasure. When accomplished successful people become available it is not a stretch that others become interested. That is more realistic than those endings where the innocent spouse become depressed and live a life totally alone until that wonderful reconciliation with the cheating spouse.

Thanks for writing!

SleeplessinMD

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Very good story.

I kept expecting a little vengeful retaliation but I guess what he did was enough.

There's a very good possibility that most men would act the way he did with the way his life was heading. No facet of his life was positive. Job, wife, kids, all negative. They MUST have shared many wonderful events over their twenty four years that you expect to see them try to get over their problems before she spends 6 months fucking some other guy. Just didn't happen.

The story does have a happy ending, for him. Beth sounds only resigned. You could say Carl's wife is happy by getting rid of his cheating ass.

Good writing, A good read.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Well done

Good story, jack. I liked its embodiment of the homily "Living well is the best revenge." I've never quite understood the need that some have for vindictive, hurtful revenge when marriages fail. I suppose it's the need that we as humans feel for vindication, that we were right and the spouse who cheated was wrong.

That said, revenge is still pretty stupid as it accomplishes nothing positive and merely adds more misery to an already miserable situation. Your story showed the other side of a split, one in which the wronged spouse acted positively. Thank you.

Well written, good dialog, believable characters, a bit thin on plot but I didn't feel cheated. This 5's for you, you deserve it.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
Very good

I like that there wasnt any "heart breaking sorrowfulness". An all too common scenario used in these stories is:

- couple have perfect marriage

- husband tries overly hard to make wife happy

- wife cheats (for no reason she says) and gets caught

- both are broken up over it - wife suddenly cant live without husband she wasnt thinking much about up until she got caught and husband will never have another woman because he loves wife so much even though its been shown she didnt feel the same about him

I like that this story featured a couple that wasnt livign a picture book life. They have a much more mundane marriage than we usually read about. Makes the affair seem much more likely/possible. Since this isnt some kind of idealized marriage, it makes perfect sense that the husband would use his discovery as a the impetus to get out of a situation he hadnt been happy with for quite a while (not just marriage - job etc).

I thought the already weak marriage was a nice change of pace. I also liked that you took few liberties with being 100% realistic when it came to the husband moving on. Things went remarkably well for him after he decided to quit his job and divorce his wife but who wants 100% reaslism in ficiton? Glad that he moved on and was happy instead of broke and alone.

Anyway, I thought it was a nice change of pace and a very good story in general. Good balance between revenge and moving on. Nice transition from anger to total disinterest. Also my favorite type of happy ending where the screwed over party never looks back, finds someone better, and is happier than ever before. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WHAT WILL YOU DO.........

WHEN YOU COME HOME ONE DAY AND SEE YOUR NEW WIFE UP ON ALL FOURS GETTING BANGED AND ANOTHER MAN SITTING AT THE HEADBOARD OF THE BED FEEDING HER MOUTH COCK?

NookiehunterNookiehunterover 17 years ago
Nice Guys Finish....

There is an old saying, "Nice guys finish last." I don't know that I agree with that entirely. However, it seems to me that the protagonist in this story should have left years before he did. I understand why he stayed, I probably would have stayed. However, his marriage had ended long before he walked in on his wife and her lover. Should he have left then-Of course! It is just that he should have left long before or gotten serious with Beth about fixing the problems with their marriage.

Nookiehunter

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I enjoyed your story

Unlike the previous reviewer, I considered it just a story, and did not feel the need to take you to task on any technical or historical points.

The premise of the story was attractive to me as a middle-aged male who has been bored with my life. I feel I learned something from your tale, true or not. It cemented my commitment to stay faithful to my spouse, after some recent tempatations in my life. And I so understand your description of Ms. Valdez as "all tits and ass", because that has proven to be an extreme attraction for me, as of late.

I like your style, and look forward to reading more of your stories.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Personal testimony to previous posters

Sleepless and Nightowl have commented about the unusually credible presentation of the marital break up and its aftermath. I would like to volunteer a personal (if partial…) testimonial which IMO is surprisingly similar to portions of this story.

I, too remarried, after having a dead end first marriage. Guess what? My older brother asked me to send a thank you letter to my ex, who initiated the divorce, for opening my eyes to all that I was missing.

I too, to my amazement became (not that I complained…) an easy target to some nice women (some of whom I fancied back).

And I too did not serve any ‘mandatory’ celibacy time and self imposed misery. And I don’t think I am such a freak (at least not in that respect) or such a rare case.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
Vanilla

But very bland. The fact is you broke a few rules of really good writing:

There was nothing to make me like or dislike any of the characters. It was believeable, in fact, too believable. Good fiction always has to have an element of the fantastic and extraorcdinary to it. This doesn't. There was no conflict, no climax, nothing to really make anyone care how this ended or began for the matter of that. In short there was no emotional investment on the part of the the characters so there didn't need to be on the part of the reader. Nothing drew me out of my chair hre and into the lives of the people in the story.

Bland. Everyday. MUNDANE.

Next time, put in some conflict. Make me care what happens. Why do you think folks love Jerry Springer? :-) This shit I can get everyday on Oprah.

Regards,

C

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Very well painted picture

of the quiet despair

in which most of us

drift through life;

few being blessed by

arousing earthquakes

to strike out again.

Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fantasy

for a person who is unsatisfied and have a boring life, this story is a very good fantasy.

nicely done.

comment_IDcomment_IDover 17 years ago
An older gentleman that I worked with....

As a follow-up on the comments of Sleepless, Nightowl and Kolkore. Several years ago I worked with an older gentleman who would joke that divorcing his first wife turned out to be good for him in the long-term. He said the hardest part was accepting that his ex-wife cheated and betrayed him, their children, and a fairly “good” marriage. After accepting that, he got on with his life.

Summarizing what he said/shared to me and to others that worked with him:

1. After the divorce, he was surprised by the number of women who were attracted to him and pursued him. Several were unmarried women that he had known as friends for many years.

2. After a few years he met a wonderful woman and that he was now very happily married to her.

3. His children (who were college-age at the time of the divorce) spend more time with him and have a closer relationship to him than they do with his ex-wife.

4. He never really got an answer to why his ex-wife decided to cheat.

5. His ex-wife and her “boyfriend” eventually broke-up not too long after the divorce.

6. His ex-wife lived by herself and was still single.

Author you did a good job of capturing bits and pieces of real-life and presenting it in an excellent story.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Loser to Winner

Great story, nice romantic melodrama with great sex. Loser doesn't wimp out and remain a loser. He get on with new and better life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
For some reason

For some reason this sounded to me like a midlife crisis. This wife gave him the excuse to leave -something that he'd been dying to do for a while. No, he would never have fought for his wife - after all he had already been with her 20something years. And he wanted something new, a new life, new job, new wife, some new pussy - the one at home was boring.

This was a marriage that had been stuck in a rut for a long time. Both were stuck in an unhappy relationship. He was too indifferent to her. He didn't even feel a thing but disgust when he found her with another man. In fact, he was damn jolly that she had given him the excuse to end the marriage and walk out on her and the children so that he could live his happily ever after without any more responsibilities or problems. Hell, his ex could handle that. Because it was him who deserved a fresh start with a new life and no complications. Whoopee!

He was too cold, too...I did not like him. Though Beth was the one that was unfaithful, for the first time, I'm hoping that she will be the one to rebuild her life, grab some happiness and find her herself a better man.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Reality is real

And finding someone like Maureen that can make you happy after what Beth did makes you think twice .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
deja vue

It happened to me. If you did not write the story I could have. The emotional upheaval with wife and kids is very difficult. To actually see it in print brings a closure to me.I think and know it is a touching and realistic story as far as I am concerned. I thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
i got inspired by your story

I too went through the trauma of divorce.

I too was working hard in the corporate world and my wife was cheating at my back.

THen she asked for divorce and i was a broken man

I had broken down completely

Then slowly i came up and not as per my steady climb earlier

After reading your story i am confident it was a fine my wife left me , and i too will come up with greater energy in life

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Good writing

The story was not that exciting though many of the

commentators know similar realities which make this a very real story. This guy got very lucky. Without that cold he would still be in the same rut! I kept hoping that Beth

would give some very interesting explanation of her cheating, but she continued in the I love you, the other was just a fling that I needed, theme.

JamesMcIntyreJamesMcIntyreover 15 years ago
What a wimp

Another wimp who couldn't keep his wife satisfied then acts all righteous when she looks outside their marriage.

TwoHOTFORU69TwoHOTFORU69over 15 years ago
One for the good guy's !

One of the best that I have read in awhile, and hope you write some more.! You got a "5" and a 100 and that is all I can say, fact is - no need to say more.!! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Lack Of....

responsibility. A rather shallow view of the father's role in raising a family and now he gets another opportunity to ruin another baby's life. He made it sound like if Beth would have allowed him to knock his kids around more they would have had more respect for others and more confidence and the ambition to become successful in life. Since, he is putting most of the blame on Beth for his situation I doubt he learned anything and will end up making the same mistakes, especially with his new wife being a child of an alcoholic. I know it's only fiction but it does mirror the way a lot of parents think. At least in the USA. I'm not excusing Beth's behavior or am I saying that I wouldn't have left her too but to say that by divorcing his cheating wife it gave his kids a wake up call and they turned their lives around. It sounds to me that the apathy that he showed in doing his job (excused his lack of advancment to being a perfectionist) was also present in his role as a husband and a parent. Unfortunately, he taught that behavior to his kids. The story was well written. I just didn't agree with the primary character's rationalization. A little too self serving. That's probably because I see it all the time and it's pretty close to real life. My guess is, if this was real, that in a couple years his new wife will either leave him or have an affair of her own and his son will grow up to be a drug addict and a wife beater. Then he'll blame her, divorce her and run again just like he did the last time and just like a lot of fathers. Then people like me will have to come in and try to correct his mistakes and teach his abandoned children how to become productive citizens in our society rather than criminals or people that take advantage of law abiding tax paying citizens (politicians). I love your work, though it just doesn't sound like it:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
when you get lemons

makes really good lemonade. this took him from the comfort zone, and look at what he found in the process.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
I like runner stories.

This is one of the best I have read on Literotica. Thank You.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I liked it.

Certainly different.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
The title was perfect

She did him a favor... but he saw it as the opening to a new life that many men in his position would never have seen. Thanks for the fresh perspective.

0649d0649dalmost 13 years ago
wow..

Reading the last two critical comments by the Anons, I must say I respectfully disagree with them. Things are being misinterpreted in a way the author did not intend ... they're welcome to their opinions and it does make an interesting discussion, but I cannot agree that he was shirking his responsibility and duty and that he had ALWAYS wanted out of his marriage.

The key word here was "spank". That's not the same as knocking the kids around. Trust me, I know; I have experience from the time I was a kid myself. Mothers like Beth (NOT *all* mothers) REALLY do not want their kids to be punished. If you don't believe it applies to the story, read: "Beth's idea of discipline was to give them whatever they wanted". You gotta be fucking kidding me if you believe that doesn't mean they weren't punished by her, at the very least.

I guess it's because they (those type of mothers) like touchy-feely conversations as if that will change an immature kid's mind all the time. I understand that some parent's don't want to give physical punishment to their kids because they got knocked around as kids. However there is some science to it - when you spank a kid, it sends an electric signal up the spine to the brain and the kid's brain goes "uh-oh, I better not do that again, and I'd better apologise!" Obviously not all kids will respond the same way (there are anomalies or other factors), but the vast majority do.

Personally I don't think his kids were the main problem that led to the break-up of his marriage. It was likely because there was miscommunication and a lack of agreement with her being too bossy and he being to submissive to her wishes. It happens. Even to usually-dominating men who really love their women. He gave away too much when he followed her wishes in letting them off punishments while they were kids, and she was extremely naive, like a damn liberal. Things like this made his marriage feel like a failure, and I'd bet she felt the same too, because her children were failures, hence she cheated and hoped her marriage or her life would fix itself.

If you're a social worker (Anon 01/18/09), you really got your head twisted.

As for Anon 04/07/07, I disagree because if you read the opening lines of the story, he was really hoping that his wife would fuss over him and make him feel better. "It was around noon, and I figured my wife, Beth, could nurse me properly, get me the chicken soup I needed, take my temperature and generally fuss over me before putting me to bed." See? I highly doubt he was thinking about getting new pussy. He just wanted some love in a life he was finding boring and painful. His wife should have been his sanctuary. But the bottom fell out when he found his wife cheating, hence he decided to leave her.

Cheating removes the rose-tinted glasses a person with love sees things. Of COURSE he would leave; "cheating" is just an "excuse" for leaving? I'm not sure what your family life is like, but I do shudder... That he only felt disgust was wrong? Should he have felt jealousy, or arousal or even ecstasy? No way! Besides that, at the end of the story, he told her she did deserve happiness (though it wouldn't be with him) - her wrong was mainly cheating him. Heck, it's not like one of those stories where the husband totally leaves the cheating ex-wife's life in shambles while he walks out having got his revenge!

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Well that one was a little to simple for my taste.

And there was no emotional tension whatsoever. There wasn't any love to begin with, despite what he says. He just stayed married to her because he was too lazy not because he loved her. Question is can you blame her for fucking around on a husband who doesn't love her? Well she at least should have been honest and divorced him.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Unfaithful

He left her because she screwed another man, but while STILL MARRIED he screwed three women. Double standard for sure! I could not feel any sypathy for him whatsoever.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Marvin your a moron

He left and moved on the marriage was fucking dead when he caught her. He put to rest, when she cheated it was done and the techincal shit was just some more bs

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Excellent revenge story 5 stars

I send this Hungarian movie track song: title is " lj Vele Boldogan", translation = "Live With Him Happily". The exhusband/boyfriend sings his ex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4sxK6c_RE

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

The Hungarian movie sound track from the "Csinibaba" = "Foxy Baby" movie from 1990: "Élj vele boldogan" =" Live With Him Happily" .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4sxK6c_RE

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Marvin8 misses the facts -

A legal separation is not the same as just leaving - and in many states is recognized as more than just separate living - people are free to find out what is important and how they want o live even date etc.

I did not choose that route when I was separated before the divorce was final etc but it is not the same thing at all, for most people the marriage and the oaths they took die with the first breaking of them - it is a personal thing I can't fault.

Nice writing style and clearly presented thanks

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AND ME BEING POLITE

I returned the favor, doubled. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Good Read!!

Entertaing and very well written thanks for sharing.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Very good read ; )

Where can I start?

"I don't know," she said. "I guess I expected you to fight for me, fight for our marriage, that if there was a competitor for my affections that you'd do what you had to do. It just went too far. I was drinking a lot during that time, but that's no excuse. I let it happen, thinking that I could ... I don't know, have this little fling, get that itch out of my system. I really didn't think you'd give up on us that easily."

This comment was the most idiotic comment ever made by a slut wife that I've come across on literotica & there's been some doozies... For her to think that he should fight for her affections is retarded! Why the fuck should he have to fight for her affections when they've been married for 24 years?! She was bored with her life--but so was her husband the only difference was he didn't try to spruce up his life by fucking around on her. If the slut was bored she could've/should've fixed up their shitty house, she should've tried to parent her delinquent kids, these are things that would have given her something to occupy her time with. Her stating that she didn't think he'd give up on them so easily is moronic, their marriage sucked ass , because she was too busy sucking Clark's cock to even bother to fix her marriage, I don't think she loved her husband , any woman who'd desecrate her home, her marital bed & her marriage couldn't possibly love her spouse, the slut loved her husband as much as any dirty cheating slut wives do, she was sorry she was caught because she'd been happily slutting it up for six months with no thoughts or remorse. If the husband would have taken the tramp back she would've went back at it but this time she would've been more careful. I enjoy alcohol like everyone else but I've never allowed myself to get that plastered where I'd forget I'm a very married woman who'd kill before she'd lose her husband over some strangers dick all because I was bored . I don't get drunk that often, only holidays( 4th of July -- marriage anniversary - Christmas & thanksgiving & birthday's -- mine & my husbands) & only with my husband , not that I don't trust myself just that I'd never allow myself to be put in a compromising position where I couldn't look my husband & our family in the eye. So her excuse of drinking to much is crap, if she had a drinking problem she should've went to rehab or AA meetings not getting fucked in her & her husbands home. I enjoyed this story your a magnificent writer...

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
You only go around one time.

We are only here for a very short time, so if you ever get the chance to follow your dream, put the pedal to the metal, and don't look back. Great story, well written. I just flat liked it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Cheaters deserve to be dumped

Personally i would have divorced her after i set up her lover with a female with aids so he could give them to her. Cheaters in my opinion are no more than worthless trash and should be dumped and disposed of at any opportunity possible.

She didnt even deserve a right to talk to the guy after she did this.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
I enjoyed it!

A very good read. A cheating story that actually made me happy. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
He certainly deserves a good relationship, but

All evidence points to him being an incompetent father and a whiner to boot. Had he taken control of his life 20 years sooner, rather than pissing and whining and expecting others to police his marriage for him, while letting his wife completely FAIL as the sole role model for their son, maybe his kid wouldn't be a drug addict.

And yeah, that's exactly the way you wrote him. He let his wife spoil his kids and spoil his marriage. Had he paid the fucking attention to what was going on, he'd have divorced her sooner, gotten himself a proper wife, and made his kids grow up right.

Only thing that matters is good sex though, right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
terrible dad

To talk about his kids that way. Hes a fucked up guy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What would you do?

This story is pretty much how the real world works. The BTB and cut up the lover ain't the real world for most folks. I like plausible story lines and this story was pretty much on target. I think JStraw got it right...what was the husband going to do -- really? 5+

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 11 years ago
to the anon who said he was a wimp and a terrible father

Just so that you know in real life it happens more than you know. my uncle was told flat out by his wife that if he ever raised a finger to his kids in any way shape or form that she would kill him in his sleep. trust me on this he was not a wimp in any sense of the word Just wasn't willing to step out and leave his kids. for whatever his reasons were he never left her and to the best of my knowledge she never stepped out on him. out of four kids he was able to get through to one of them and he got his masters and got married and is happy now. his second son wound up involved with profesional gamblers and has a drug and alcohol problem to this day and deeply distrusts women. his daughter never got over her teenage years and is still single living on her own and still has so many issues I can't even go into them all. the fourth child went to the army and got kicked out during basic. after that he bumped around rill he got his head screwed on straight. now he is married but she is living in Nebraska with his son and her daughter from a previous marriage. he spend 2-3.weeks away for work per month and sees her whenever he can get home. he also lives by the axiom of trust but verify. he know a few state troopers who owe him favors so the check up on her. there was an incident where someone started to try to get into her panties. he had that shit stopped so fast the other guy never knew what hit him. maybe they were Just friends but he never let get any farther. I guess a two am raid on his house for being a suspected drug den (was a mistake) and having his house trashed when they searched then being notified him that he looked Just like a person on the states ten most wanted list. kinda cooled his jets. when the dea raided the house Just after getting it fixed and his briniest talking made him move out of state. there seems to have also been a comment about other men's wives which I think brought the point home.

that said why did my uncle stay. well in a nutshell we were always taught that you don't quit and don't give up. they have now been together for over fifty years and have had their ups and Downs. he can't stand that he wasn't able to bring the kids up with more discipline but such is life. later on he read his wife the riot act but by then it was a day late and a dollar short. his daughter threatened him in his own home and he threw her out at the drop of a hat when that happend. his wife raised holy he'll and he basically told her she could join the princess if she didn't like it.

people here seem to think that everything is cut and dried. there are a whole lot of gray out there. in my mind the true measure of a man is one that is willing to do everything he can to provide for the family. they always had clean clothes and a full stomach No matter what. this was also in the late sixties early seventies so things were Just a bit different back then. however he warned her should she entertain even the notion of stepping out he would destroy her her lover and anyone that got in his way. this story was slot more believable than most that I have seen in this section and for a 5+ from me. the only difference is that while true love may be found after something like this mostly both sides remain single and become bitter for many years till they can trust the opposite sex again. till then they screw around and mostly never make it back to a loving relationship with someone new.

Just my $0.02 here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
i agree

With everyone who said he was a bad father. His kids didnt come out great so he gave up on em. He also played it like his family prevented him from being a good father

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
to all that said he was a poor dad/husband

how so? it is all a roll of the dice, kids and i hate to sound old and jaded but are there own evil, picked up a gun and shot someone at school weeeeee, but he/she comes from a great home, while others coming from a ghetto shit pile with a crack whore mom dont?The liberal bull shit makes kids evil period....no rule= no love and why stay with a cheating bitch? kids? so what his were shit......better to just leave and go somewhere else if you gotta keep your wife ugh ugh(a bullet fixes this type of man..you cant please her so i get her, actually a bullet fixes both her and him) why be with her....could someone please tell me why you gotta please your wife, loving is not enough? at what point did the fucking cunts take over, maybe china does it right..hmmm, if its not us ,our ,we, but me, i,mine, all the time, your just a slave, and you should destroy your oppressor and run...any kids you have well its far to late for them the courts are gonna give them to her, because thats the way the other slaves set it up.He didn't hurt anyone he just didn't want them any more in his life, but hes gotta man up, be the man, or say all the well trained slaves, you get one life and if people disrespect you and shit on you,YOU LEAVE THEM BEHIND, only house slaves actually believe that this treatment is justified, MEN OF CHARACTER say no and free them selves of the bondage in spite of our society saying to take it like a man(SLAVE).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Not a bad story. Yes, there are some things to talk about as other reviewers have commented, but the only thing I'd care to mention is the actions of the guy. He's a bit short-sighted in leaving his job, cashing in his 401k and going on a tour of the US, while he leaves his (about to be ex-)wife and children to fend for themselves. They may not be the best examples of humanity, but that was a dick move, I felt.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
Jackson's Hole and the Tetons

look very different from the Idaho side. There are two sets of two peaks that were used by the trappers as landmarks when traveling to Davy Jackson's Rendezvous. From the West looking up to the peaks they do in fact look like Grand Tetons or big breasts.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Nice

Great tale. By cheating she screwed up her life and at the same time improved the life of her now very confident and in love again ex-husband. No revenge needed. He left. He moved on. She stagnated. Fuck her.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Interesting, a First?

This is the first or at least one of the few stories on this site that shows that adultery is most often a symptom of a failing marriage rather than the main cause of marital problems. In that marriage is a relationship between two people both parties are responsible for the health of the marriage. That means if your spouse seems unhappy you must make an effort to correct that situation. However, as is so often the case if your spouse simply will not meet you half way the marriage is doomed. So much is made of the "male ego" but hardly anything is said of the female ego. Wives that have to have it their way without compromise, wives that shut their husbands out of parenting by undermining his authority and giving into the kids seeking to curry favor with the children - this is all too common. Wives that know they are in the drivers seat when it comes to marriage and divorce once they have kids. They know the courts will do their best to destroy a man, even at the cost of the children. Wives that are all too ready to take that path if they do not get what they want. That is the real cause of most problems in marriages today.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
great story

truly loved the story and I see no problem with how he handled the cheating. it helped him realize that his life truly was just putting in the time and not enjoying it. by leaving he finally got what he truly wanted a happy life

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN ITS TIME TO SCRAM

just scoot and root on down that rode. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just a Fling to get it out of her system

There is no such thing as a fling if you sleep with someone that is not your spouse you will get Caught. Most of the time promises are made that it will never happen again but there is that ugly word TRUST so how can you trust someone that you have been married to for 6 months or 20 years once they have made you number 2 in there life just for some excitement something different if for 6 montths or 6 years(but darling I only love you it was just sex a fling for really no good reason you throw away a good life that you should have worked on saving all the time not having sex/making love with your spouse but with another person espically with someone that you know or find out to late that you are not the first or the last that they have done this with. IS IT REALLY WORTH DESTROYING YOUR MARRIAGE REATHER THROWING AWAY YOUR MARRIAGE. I DON'T THINK SO BUT THOSE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS. BETH SAID SHE ONLY LOVED HIM SO IF SHE TRULY DID SHE WOULD HAVE NEVER DESTROYED HER MARRIAGE AND LIFE AND HAD THE AFFAIR. SHE SET GARY FREE AND HE FOUND SOMEONE THAT APPRICATED HIM AND HIS MORALS. THE STORY IS VERY GOOD BUT ALSO VERY SAD ESPICALLY WHEN SOME WORK ON THE HOMEFRONT WOULD HAVE GIVEN HER MANY YEARS OF HAPPINESS WITH SOMEONE THAT LOVED HER VERY MUCH. I REALLY LIKED THE STORY 5 STARS PLUS.

RON

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it.

jenellesljenelleslover 7 years ago
Superb Story

This is a success whether the commenters liked it or panned it. You elicited a visceral reaction from all I read. In addition, I found no grammar or spelling errors. If there were, I didn't notice.

This is a good story. It's certainly given some food for thought. What would I do?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
👍🏻

I couldnt agree with jenellesi more! Turned a huge negative around great read!!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Hum not too shabby

I think from my own experience that at the point a relationship tanks, it is extremely difficult to see the positive side to it, and a bright light at the end of a dark tunnel.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good

Another good one. Beth got exactly what she deserved. Glad he found happiness the second time around.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

A great read with the husband not letting his slut of a wife destroy him with her cheating. As he discovered, there's lots of lonely women out there looking for a good man. He found one and got to follow the dreams he'd given up for his family of losers.

As to the criticisms of him being a bad father and husband... The wife was almost entirely to blame for all that. She undermined his attempts to discipline the children, spoiling them and basically ruining their ability to cope as adults. Her choosing to work a night shift, drastically reduced the time she spent with her husband and it was inevitable they would drift apart at that point.

Could he have done more to counter his wife's destructive behaviour? Certainly. But your spouse is supposed to be on your side, not working against you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
me too

just re-read this..5* again..i too was @ a boy scout summer camp in southern Mo. when the 1st moon landing happen!! never forget it..heard it on scoutmasters AM radio..KMOX in St. Louis 50,000 watts lol lol

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 5 years ago
the hero

is to be blamed as much as Beth; he described himself as passive. There are always warning signs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
the problem

with the comment below is you called him 'the hero'

the hero is a sacrificial lamb. he's just a man. and he's probably passive because of our culture that saw fit to completely attack real masculinity. men are just...expected to give give give, try try try, sacrifice and bleed...for women...for children. and if he's really lucky....he gets to keep the scrapes of what he's sacrificed for.

the very second he grew a backbone, the women in his life were powerless because he became a man again. women made the mistake of fighting men, but men and women were genetically and socially built to compliment eachother...never fight. a man cannot fight a woman, and vice versa. they lack the skills to do so. with no good manly role model....he had to teach himself...no one helped him discover that, society actively discourages it...but he still managed it. and it woke his daughter up. she'll not become a train-wreck like her mother that feels entitled to endless good times.

men teach women to grow the fuck up. women teach men to lighten the fuck up. very complimentary. this is less a story about cheating, and more a story about how a man became a man again. he did it without a single role model too. he listened to his deeper instincts, once his core beliefs were shattered. oh...he was a hero alright. and heros don't get rewarded. he needed to stand up...for himself. he needed to save himself. men aren't heros, despite how society tells boys they are worth less than nothing unless they sacrifice for the greater good.....whatever flavor of the month b.s that is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Bush

Love bush get tired of bald shaven pubes.

Story OK little rough and tumble in parts overall OK

Logins forgetful johntwheels@aol

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story

Best kind of Revenge, live a good life and don't look back

timrivtimrivalmost 5 years ago

Wife cheats, son’s a meth head ends up in jail, daughter is a drop out, after finding out his wife cheated uses that to justify cheating on her while separated. He is one big ass loser. Wonder how long before Maureen fucks around on him and the be kid ends up in rehab.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 5 years ago
To: Anonymous - The Problem

I couldn't agree more. Great comment to a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
to timriv

Not every man sees the world from a chair by the bed. He really didn't assert himself in the kids lives a way a real man would. He was giving up what he wanted to make others happy because he thought that was what his place was. Sacrificing his wants and needs to take care of his responsibilities. While the last is what he should have done. Letting his wife control how the kids were raised is a cop out. It is his responsibility to provide limits and consequences for actions for his kids. That being said, When his wife got caught cheating it was a wake up call. Moving on from where he was to where he should have been from the start. While it was to late to correct the damage already done to the kids. He at least shocked one of them into realizing there are no free rides. As far as his new wife, I don't think he will be the same as before. And since his wife was from Ireland. She wasn't raised with a fucked up view like most of the me generation. She will be a good match to keep him from going overboard the other way. He was asleep at the wheel and his wife became a selfish cheating cunt. They will both have to live with the aftermath. Man or woman there is no reason to ever cheat. If you not happy let your partner know and fix it or move on. As soon as you cheat you lose any respect or concern for your position. You did the act so own it. Don't try and blame someone else for the outhouse you built.

Oh and timriv, based on how you portray most men in you stories. the divorce could be final and you would blame them for moving on.

News flash, Once you cheat you lose all rights to any consideration of what you think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Timriv is actually a woman, trust me. Send feedback to her and check the email address.

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago

I don't know," she said. "I guess I expected you to fight for me, fight for our marriage, that if there was a competitor for my affections that you'd do what you had to do. It just went too far. I was drinking a lot during that time, but that's no excuse. I let it happen, thinking that I could ... I don't know, have this little fling, get that itch out of my system. I really didn't think you'd give up on us that easily."

I get that she wanted him to fight for her, but wouldn't he need to know that there was a fight to begin with? There is no sense or logic to her argument, it's just that much bullshit. Even then, she was married, he already won her.

As for the kids, whether his wife liked it or not, he should have disciplined those brats. She wasn't capable of doing it so it was up to him. He just laid down on the job.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

The story was capable of a 5 but for your choice of words. I realize this is a spank your meat site BUT if you want to get past that menial mental-state and be accepted as a writer with talent you need much better word choices and less crude details. I found this story, at times, excessively crude to the point of vulgar. Where other words would give the same/improved meaning-intent with respectability you went crude crud. (and I'm an ex-USN CPO boot-pusher Vietnam Vet - to nothing shocks me)

I enjoyed the victim-hero, he is REAL, but it was told so crudely it lost value/favor. Since he was relatively a non conformational passive person by nature - your constant harsh rhetoric/vulgarity just did not fit the character - it detracted from the character. Your over the top description of his numerous sex acts was not needed and not real but since your obvious intent is to generate reader masturbation you wrote for that affect. I see quality in your writing but it is over shadowed in needless crudeness that belittles your story.

/

The line "expect to fight for me", 24yrs of marriage and he still must prove himself - glad he dumped the beeeeoch.

/

3* barely, Hooyah, no salutes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am not very sympathetic with the "hero." He is just as responsible for raising children with issues. The story attempts to push this off to the wife and the kids but I am calling bullshit. He never cheated on his wife and sex after a legal separation isn't cheating IMHO. That being said, he contributed to the failure of his family. That doesn't excuse the wife cheating but he isn't exactly blameless for the situation he was in. As a result I find it difficult to reconcile the portrayal and description of him as a wonderful man with the mere fact that his family life was a disaster and that cannot happen without HIS participation

Bitch me out. There are many stories where the husband is truly a victim. This isn't the case here. Victim of being cheated, yes. Victim for his entire life, hell no.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So, this story made me think of the old comedian - Henny Youngman who famous one line was..."Take my wife ... please!"

I loved the scene where he meets with the divorce attorney for the first time and tells her he wanted a divorce from his wife because she'd been cheating on him. When she asks him if he was sure he wanted to take such drastic measure so quickly and wouldn't he rather try and work it out with his wife.

His answer was brilliant!

"What's there to work out?" I said. "My wife has a lover, and I sure don't want to stand in the way of true love. I have some places I want to go, some things I want to do with my life, and staying here with a cheating slut wife isn't in those plans."

Finally a husband who knows life has more to offer him then taking back a cheating cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I guess at this point a little background is in order here .... why? You started a story and add background that added nothing but disrupted the flow.

I am glad the character didnt get a hard on catching his wife having sex with someone else.

The story itself was pretty good and had a realistic feel to the reactions

lover1953lover1953almost 3 years ago

It’s a great plot but the telling left me wanting a bit more…drama.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

wake up fool you are dreaming.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous