All Comments on 'Mark - My story'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not bad runaway story... The kids, though, may never work through the abandonment issues now foisted upon them by two lying selfish asshats with a bit of unwilling assistance from their other victim.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

A very good story and a different take on these aren’t my children. Most men would have a tough time in leaving the kids but for Mark to just up and leave the kids with not even a goodbye was cold. I understand why he did it this way because for a man to be fooled into raising another man’s children is one of the very worst betrayals that there is. I am surprised he never even sent the kids a letter as they got older.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 years ago

Well written - I'm just not a fan stories where there MC runs away. Still though, better than 90 % of the stories that have posted to this section in recent days.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The head-hopping killed the story. Pick a narrator and stick with it. It might have been a good story, but your constant POV shifts ruined it.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

The problem for me here is that it is not Mark's story. Mark, Karen, Jordan, the family dog and the neighbor's cat all tell their story. First person is not easy, unless you use a bunch of first persons and then it is just a mess. It was a good effort, but first person is from a particular POV.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done. Actions have consequences and selfishness is a flaw that should never be rewarded. Mark was harsh, hard scars will be difficult for the kids to overcome, but that is 99% on Karen. Not sure why Tom's wife allowed him to stay around, but guessing she'll eventually get burned again by him and regret it.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Nice tight well written story. I suspect the author does not live in the US. Some of the phrasing seemed foreign, maybe British to me.

I devoutly hope there is a special room in hell reserved for the Karen and Tommy’s of this world

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Mark setting up college funds for the kids that not his just proves how much he actually enjoys being a cuckold.

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

Hard to cut off those kids like that. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Every aspect of this story is great. Concept, diologue, narrative, grammar are all first rate. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Only a 1. No punishment for her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Although a bit clinical at times, enjoyed it very much. Mark did the right thing. Fortunately, he had a bailout option….out of tne country.

.

Karen deserves all the crap she got. Her kids did not…..but that’s life. Sounded like Tommy boy may have stayed married. Too bad.

.

4 ****

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

Mark was a little stupid in one regard. He gave everything to his cheating wife, including her hidden account If he wanted to protect the kids and leave an education fund, he should have taken his half of the estate and set up a trust for them. Also Murray was supposedly in the state comptroller's office yet NOTHING was done to out him there or contact the media to expose his cheating ass and tank his career.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well put together story. I could empathize with Mark. To love someone for that length of time and believe everything was good and then find out it wasn't, it would definitely time to break off with the least amount of damage to the children. How the children coped would have been nice to know. Well done

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

I didn't have a problem with Mark abruptly leaving his fake family. He was a victim of a cruel, manipulate monster, and deserved a clean break from that nightmare to start a new life.

I didn't understand why he didn't empty their bank account before he left, insist the house be sold to get his half, and sue Tommy for the money it cost to raise his two kids.

-

As for Mark paying into a college fund for Karen's bastards... WTF?!

Mark was tricked into bankrolling another man's family for ten years. Why the hell would he give any of them another dime? He owed Karen and her kids nothing. Paying for Keith and Andrea's education was all Tommy's responsibility now.

Mark should've been saving all his resources to provide for his own biological children.

-

Paternity fraud should always be dealt with in the harshest manner possible, because it's the worst betrayal a wife can inflict on her husband. The ending ruined this story, because Mark basically gave all the marital assets to Karen as a reward for stabbing him in the back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

OK story but once again we have a guy who was cheated, lied to, and had his heart ripped out and he leaves her with more than she deserves financially. let the law determine what she gets. As for the college fund for the kids? Why? Let the mother and real father do that. He can do something if he wants to be some rich "uncle" later on but why a fund for such a long time? He has his own kid now and maybe more later on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was OK but it was a little off. Most state's don't care that a man is not the biological father, regardless if the woman lied and said he was. If the man signs the birth certificate, in the eyes of the law he is the father. If a child is born in a marriage and the man is not the father, in the eyes of the law, he is the father and he's responsible for them financially. I literally watched a special on fb where men were fighting to get their names removed from birth certificates from children that aren't biologically theirs. It's been a hassle. Most of these men's weren't married to the women and couldn't get their names removed or child support reimburse. So I was lost by this writer saying a judge signed off on removing his name from the birth certificate and a judge deemed he didn't have to pay support for the kids. But I know that's FALSE. courts main concern is for the welfare of the children. They don't care he's not the father, they would force him to be financiallyresponsiblefor them. Don't believe me?.look it up. Now, I don't know if this rule would apply due to the wife fraudulent but again, those men in the documentary all were defrauded into believing they were the father and they weren't. That didn't stop judges from multiple states deeming these men to be the father and have to pay support. One guy had been fighting to get his name removed from the birth certificate and stop his child support payment for 5yrs. Despite him having proof he was not the father. I think judges see it like this, GET A DNA TEST BEFORE YOU SIGN THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Cause once you're name is on the birth certificate you are SCREWED. The courts are only thinking about the children. Someone have to take care of them and the state don't want to. So if a poor schmuck marries a cum slut and she brings him home her lovers kid, that's his problem not the courts. I encourage all men to get a DNA test. I don't care if you're married. That doesn't mean shit. I honestly think DNA test should be mandatory before a birth certificate is signed. I felt sorry for the guys in the documentary, I was pregnant at the time and couldn't imagine doing so fuck'd up shit like that to my hubby. After I watched that documentary, I told my hubby I'm OK if he wants a DNA test. I knew I had absolutely nothing to hide. I'm not a whore. He was upset that i even uttered the words DNA test. Until I showed him the documentary and he understood. I wouldn't do to people what I wouldn't want dome to my brother, sister, cousin or myself. I treat folks how I'd want them to treat me. I would never pass off another man's child to my hubby. Karma is a bitch. I didn't like the MC friend at first. His advice to his friend was retarded. Go home, play with your kids, make love to your wife?? Is he on drugs? I agree he should go home and do nothing, be the best dad he could be to the kids but the making love to your wife part disgusted me. What type of fuck'd up ass friend is he? He could've said go home, pretend nothings change but just live as roommates until the kids are of age to divorce. That's not the advice he gave his best friend though. Why was the MC shock the kids weren't his? It's common sense if she's cheating, this wasn't her first affair. Of course the possibility of the kids not being his were high. I didn't understand his shock.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 years ago

Did Mark get any "revenge" on either his cheating slut wife or her long term affair partner? NO. NOTHING. According to the story her AP kept his marriage intact and just missed his fuck-buddy. No repayment of what it cost to raise the two children he had with the slut. Plus, no mention of child maintenance paid to the slut wife, Karen.

Plus, Karen got to keep the house, all the cash money in their accounts plus her "secret" account of $40,000.

If she was attractive she might have also been able to replace her husband and her lover with a new fuckbuddy/husband. After 10 years of marriage, Mark just gets his financial freedom. Great but still "No Revenge".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story is a cut and paste job from just about every other cheating wife story with a long term lover who fathered her children. As per usual, the wife suckers poor unsuspecting perfect husband into raising her spawn. Nothing very original in it, except for how he deals with the kids When he finds out they aren’t his.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Constant POV changes made this all but unreadable.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

5 stars. Well written. And so another Bitch is Burned. Life's a bitch, then you die.

management91399management91399about 2 years ago

Really enjoyable story with a couple of flaws overall. Loved the depiction early on of Marks' anguish and shock, his errant wife really wasn't fleshed out though so even though her rationale (She wants it all) while grist for the LW mill felt more not fully thought out. We saw her committing the infidelity we just didn't get far enough into her brain to really feel anything when she got caught. In fact, it felt more like knocking over a cardboard cut-out than a real person while Mark really really was there for me in the start.

And then there is the issue of the children who really were the true victims in this, Mark seemly like Karen's weak rationale for cheating, Mark's rationale for abandonment while might be justified left those two essentially fatherless as the sperm donor never stepped up to the plate. So that's where the whole thing kinda fell apart for me. I was thinking maybe Mark would tough it out until they were teens, explain what was going to happen, and then pull that trigger once those kids had some sort of support system in place. (Hell he could have even asked his parents to pick up more in his absence). Will Mark return when the kids graduate college or High School? So yeah as a reader who comes here to see the injured men as noble heroes in these lurid broken heart stories Mark did a really shitty thing and it's not enough to just hang it on the wife although it was enjoyable schadenfreude to see her raise the kids alone.

But the opening pages, the discovery, the conversations with his buddy in the diner, spot-on awesome stuff. The vomiting, I have no idea why all these guys vomit or the wives pass out it always feels over the top to me. But yeah, great crop of new storys lately, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Maybe this is a typo, but $25,000 is way underpaid for any kind of engineer. Today, most starting engineers earn around $80,000.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 2 years ago

3* for the endless dramatic vomiting, repetitive characters' thoughts, and wimpy, chicken husband. Try again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well written . I really enjoyed the tale. Perhaps you had a similar experience to have expressed feelings and actions.

. Cowboy. I am a true cowboy

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Good story. Mark was absolutely right to do what he did. Karen and Tommy deserved a whole lot more than what happened to them. What they did to Mark was beyond cruel.

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

....."You're thinking that I'm crazy and just a cheating bitch. You can think whatever you want; but it's my life." What an idiotic statement. The moment she married Mark, that statement is false and vicious. Planting someone else's children on a husband as his own is arguably the ugliest and most fundamentally destructive thing a woman can do. And then saying she loves him is just plain ridiculous. In your story you described a characterless slut who shouldn't get away with it. And then giving any thought to whether or not to divorce this slut is beyond ridiculous!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sad that she made that necessary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty good. Just a few comments:

1. If the husband did the family taxes, as stated, how could he not be aware that his wife was diverting 25% of her income, even if it was split between two paychecks? Box 1 of her W-2 would still list the total wages she received from that employer. He should have known that there was a discrepancy between what she was paid and what went into their account.

2. I think the statement, "The real benefit was that there are no income taxes in UAE. Yes, you read that right; no income taxes!", reflected a misunderstanding. As I understand it, as a US citizen he would still have to pay US income taxes, even if he lived abroad for the entire year.

But it was a good story. I liked that he essentially abandoned the bastard children, and had their birth certificates changed. I'm not sure that a court would actually do that, but it read well in this story. Usually in such stories, when a man finds out that he is not his children's biological father, the character rushes to proclaim that he considers them to still be his children. This was a refreshing change of pace. And it's just a fantasy, anyway. Thanks for posting.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Not sure I liked the narrative style you used, but that's on me. Other than that, I really enjoyed the story and plot, even if we've seen similar story arcs several times in LW. One part I would have done different is explain what their mutual salaries were and how he avoided spousal support. Not a big deal, but his departure was much "cleaner" than is possible in the US. 5* rounding up...LOL

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

I like it very much.

Just enough BTB for Karen despicably entitled and deceitful throughout.

/

I just wish there would be a second part but it will be Karen's and Tommy's story the aftermath with just a good tidbit about Mark and Amanda coming home for vacation. Karen should demand from Tommy support her kids even if he's on a short leash. He is the other half who is responsible for this mess too. That would be quite interesting for me anyways.

/

My heart just got broken for the kids' sake. To comprehend one day that their father just left them and is not coming back was truly heartbreaking. Karen (and Tommy) should suffer seeing their misery and angst. Losing suddenly a father and a doting paternal grandparents too is absolutely devastating to children. Tommy and Karen shouldn't stop having sex now that everything is crap. Since Karen likes sex so much, she now demands sexual gratification more than ever (aside from children's support) from Tommy making Tommy's life really uncomfortable what with his short leash. These would be interesting subplots for chapter 2, if the author lover1953 obliges. Thank you lover1953 for writing and sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Liked your story. What Karen and Tommy did to their spouses is about as despicable as thing one could do to their spouse. Karen knew the kids weren't Mark's but pasted them off as his because it was convenient and kept her safe happy life intact. Her putting money in a secret account was stealing from her husband and kids. Mark should have used his construction contacts and found some friends in low places to deal with two despicable human beings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, I normally go into a lover1953 story expecting that it'll be a 5. This nicely succinct (4 pages) tale got a lot done in a short time. While sending me round the bend a bit until the end. See, I was preparing to mark it down to a 4 with the same objections I expressed earlier today about the original "A Letter To Isabel" by BlackHeart93, which were that why in the blue blazes would a betrayed MMC who is departing for another country not clean out the bank and investment accounts and park them offshore? And here, Mark was basically doing something even worse, walking away and leaving her everything! Except...apparently, what they had wasn't all that much, since after he left, Karen was having a difficult time financially, not to mention the burden of single-parenting. Appears that Tommy-boy didn't get the boot, but is held on a leash so tight that no more Karen for him. Which is exactly what Karen deserves - to lose both men. Too bad for her two kids, but one can hardly fault Mark for bailing. Meanwhile, the husband whose wife had two children not fathered by him, and who subsequently begins a real family with a lovely UK lady, the story here, recalls an earlier lover1953 classic, "Michael - His Life." And it's obvious that Mark & Amanda aren't hurting for money, so guess Mark didn't need half of Karen's, after all. So the best revenge is living well, and that's what happens for him. And for his pal Jordan, who got the hot Hannah/Wolfie. Happy endings all around. Now, that's lover1953 operating on all 5 cylinders!

QM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wouldn't mind a sequel to this. Maybe about the time Kieth is getting ready for college and the educational trust fund is revealed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. 5 stars.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 years ago

Ended better than it started. Did Tommy ever step up and meet his other two kids, introduce them to his first daughter or pay child support for them?

Kids always suffer for selfish parents' actions. These two are going to hate their mother and when they are grown, she will be lucky if they have anything to do with her.

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story. Mark didn't go for BTB he just left her in the mess of her own making and now she regrets it.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

very good. just wish "His Kids" won or got a summer student exchange program to UK, you know, mysteriously funded and met their Dad one more time. Divorce always hurts the kids the most.

Karn9Karn9about 2 years ago

Good BTB story 5*

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars - I would have done pretty well the same thing, no matter how long the marriage went on 10, 20 or even 30 or more years. It is because of the continuous lies and deceit. How can you look at the person you have loved with all your heart, only to find out it was all based on lies - no matter how much they may continue to profess their love and caring. As for the children, having lived through my parents divorce from when I was 12 - I know kids eventually get over it - but it takes DECADES. The kids ALWAYS end up with the shitty end of the stick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really good story. I’m surprised he left her the house and didn’t take half the bank acct. still a good guy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wolfie? I prefer the nickname Vulva

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Good, well written story that has most of the details I like. Karen character development was a bit weak and left me speculating about her actions... On the other hand why make a mountain out of a mole hill? She wanted her cake and eat it too. Pretty simple. Old Tommy boy should have got a stiff one up his butt, however his wife was to blame for that. It just goes to show you, women can be cucks too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love makes us trusting and blind

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

Like the overall story.. Not all of these stories need a BTB ending and glad he walked away. It's a tough choice to make especially when the kids are so young and he was the only father they've ever known. It's too bad the ex doesn't own up and just tell the lover the kids are his that way the kids at least have the loser in their lives. But I hope there is a follow up to this story.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
Mr Author

I agree with your plot line. Mark owed nothing to the ex-wife and I am betwixt about him doing anything like financial for her kids. He already got them started without the asshole Thomas. Let Thomas pick up the slack now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was a very good story. It won't matter how many years Karen spends in therapy since she will never accept that she did anything wrong.

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 2 years ago

An appropriate response for the wife but for the kids, very cruel. He even acknowledged that they were his kids cuz he raised them, how can he just pack up and leave them behind?

Burner70Burner70about 2 years ago

Qoulsnlike another chapter of her down fall and how she has to make do . And what happened to the shit bag when she cakks him to help with his kids

Gram1Gram1about 2 years ago

Truly enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Very, very well told story, 5 stars

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

Tough choices indeed . I don't know how you decide to leave behind children that you have raised based on the intellectual knowledge of DNA testing. Parenting a child is more than DNA. I also cannot fully absorb the situation where a woman carries on a love affair for 10 years with a man who is not her husband. Would everyone have been happier if Mark had not found out about the affair and the children? Don't know. Given the circumstances of the story, in 10 years time Mark and Amanda may well be better off than if Mark had not found out about the affair. The story was well written and the personal analyses of the principals well thought out. I have read several stories where the wronged man just up and leaves and somehow it leaves a better (albeit bitter) taste if it is as well done as this one was. 4* despite the author's inability to use the me/I pronouns correctly.

hang1022hang1022about 2 years ago

Decent story except for his abandoning the kids. Yea, they were his, but they are old enough to remember him as their father and young enough to not understand the "biology" of it. In other words, he is punishing the innocent along with the guilty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. I like Marc's final choice. Well written too.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioabout 2 years ago

Good example of the “living well is the best revenge” philosophy. Some will complain that Mark was too hard on the kids, but really he was a step-dad, and he fulfilled that role over and above for 10 years, and he set up college funds. Sad for everyone, but not Mark’s fault. Ex-wifey and her lover are screwed over and they deserve it!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Page 1

First, DNA check the kids. Second, get a high paying overseas job. If the kids aren't his, don't come home personally and financially. If they are his, come home enough they know who daddy is. Either way, keep a substantial portion of his pay overseas.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Other than being a bit slow in parts, I enjoyed this little slightly over the top romp.

I think the thing that really sucks will be the little dicked cucks that will tell us that if Mark was as gay as they were he'd be happy she was banging another dude and raising his kids.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Page 2

One week with a tracker before the listening device? Why not both at the same time? Sounds like someone stretching out a job to pad their billings.

Puking and fainting? Maybe she just needs a fuck a man now and then?

Not his kids? SWEET! Slip out the back Jack. Right after you tell her parents and his lover's wife.

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseabout 2 years ago

Is she in love with two men or is one just for sex? Can't be both.

If she tracked her husband's location by phone why didn't she see he was at the same hotel?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Page 3

Sure, don't hurt the kids anymore than necessary, but fuck you if you have him stay there and be daddy to them.

Wifey's BS explanation....Yeah, don't fall for a woman who had a thing for her first true love, got hurt, dumped etc and yet still has a thing for him. If you give her the time of day, treat her like a fuck buddy. No more.

He feels so violated? No wonder they aren't his kids. He's obviously trans FTM.

Well, finally taking action. Excellent.

A job in Dubai? Well fuck me running. An author who made the plot decision I would have made!!!! My new favorite author. I could kiss you right now. 🤣

Why the ever loving fuck would he have wanted to bring them with him???

Perfect fucking one page letter!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Page 4

Critical? Were he real he'd be my hero.

Thank you! Perfection. Fuck all my mocking. The ending was sublime.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Whatever the mother did, the children did not deserve abandonment from the only father they knew. Also sucks that there was no face-to-face confrontation with Mark and Karen. No closure.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

Solid, entertaining and very well written!!! 5+++/5!!!

fritz51fritz51about 2 years ago

I enjoyed this one greatly. Sure, it contained some well used plot devices, but I don't care - It was still well written and realistic enough to suit me. Thanks for the effort, lover1953... *****

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

A really good take on a familiar LW theme. I just can’t imagine the devastation Mark must have felt. The unbelievable cruelty of Karen to do such a thing to a man she claims to love is beyond comprehension. I am not sure I could walk away from the kids. They were completely innocent and then abandoned by the only father they knew. That’s just very cold and the college fund will not make up for losing their Dad. Having said that, I have no alternative except to have the stupid bitch killed. Sadly, that alternative leaves the kids without a mother and apparently she was a good mom when she wasn’t slutting around.

Good writing, but now my mood is shit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Mark isn’t a Saint, he’s a normal guy. So why should he have to continue to raise a couple of kids that were born out of lies and deceit? Why put himself through the suffering of having to deal with walking reminders of wife’s years long betrayal? Because the kids are innocent? Such a lame excuse.

Some readers will call him an asshole for leaving the kids without a second glance but Mark did the right thing for himself. If want someone to blame for kids’ issues then blame the cunt of a wife Karen and her asshole ex-boyfriend/lover Thomas. It’s refreshing to see a cheated on husband that doesn’t emotionally sacrifice himself to cover up a couple of asshole’s amoral fuck ups.

This is a great story, that’s worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It’s nice to see a story where the cheated on husband doesn’t emotionally sacrifice himself to cover up a couple of asshole’s amoral fuck ups. If there’s anyone to blame for the kids’s issues then blame the bitch of a wife Karen and the asshole ex-boyfriend and lover Thomas. Mark did the right thing for himself by getting out of a sham of a marriage and a toxic situation and starting a new life.

Great story. It’s worth 5 stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Anon This is not,

Those words don’t mean what you think they mean

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Much better than other stories were the husband turn out as a pussy

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

Well written and definitely worth 5 stars.

I would have appreciated a deeper acknowledgement from the 2 cheaters, especially with each other - acknowledge the depth of cruelty and arrogance and selfishness they carried on. A conversation between them 2 would have added to the story I think.

I think I'll read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No problems with POV shifts. Noone ever watched a movie or TV show with more than one POV? Seriously?

As for the "How could he leave 'his' kids ?" brigade, he no longer thought of them as 'his'. As we are reminded constantly here, these stories aren't about what you would, it's what the character would do. I can certainly empathize with the gut wrench it would be to look at the evidence of my partner's betrayal smiling up at me. Is it such a stretch to believe that not all men have the intestinal fortitude to smile back at them? Which is better for the children, living with a 'Dad' that resents them, or letting their mother find them a step-dad who doesn't have that emotional baggage? He did the best he could for them, not his ex-wife, by leaving her all the money and setting up the trusts. In effect pre-paying at least some of what would have been child support obligations.

The courts will continue shitting on men this way until judges and/or politicians are removed from office and the rules are changed. DNA testing should be required before birth certificates are issued unless the 'father' waives it. As it is, society has been changing as evidenced by both the divorce rate percentage and the decline in both marriages and births.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked the story.

Would have preferred a little less of the repetition that occurred in some parts of the story, but I suppose that's one of the drawbacks arising from writing using multiple POV's.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Way too much narrative and no where near enough dialogue. Good story but I didn't care for the execution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ah so much more fun in this one than the guns and buns brigade we normally get a true BTB and get on with your life, some good back ground knowledge to based on some truth maybe? My only complaint is you wrapped it up too quickly almost rushed. The tale would have taken a more languid route.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

I'm sorry.

I couldn't even make it through the first page.

Because of MC's talk with his friend.

First we learn that Mark doesn't know

what a divorce is.

He's an adult, not a child.

What planet is he from?

Second Jordan tells him his slut is a good wife.

No, make that 'a great wife'.

And Mark doesn't deny it.

So we have a new definition

on what a good/great wife is.

Up to now, here in Lit. and the real world,

we've heard that a good wife doesn't cheat.

I wonder what a wife has to do, in this story,

not to be a good one.

Murder her husband maybe?

So, just on the first page, we have the only adult in USA

who doesn't know what a divorce is.

AND a new definition of 'a good wife'.

Feels more like a Sci-fi story than a LW one to me.

I give it 1 out of 5.

Not for being a bad story.

But for being in the wrong category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok story, but it seems incomplete. His kids suffer too much, probably incorrectly blaming themselves. Plus the cheaters got off easy. There was little very payback.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 2 years ago
Dear Kids

Sorry I have left you, but what your mother did to me hurt me so much that I had to leave.

You will always be in my thoughts. I will cherish the memories of you as you were growing up. And I’m sorry my hate for your mother cannot be bigger than what I feel for you; I tried to overcome it but failed. Remember, you two did nothing wrong. It was jsut something between mommy and me.

You can hate me if you want, I will understand. I hate myself for having to leave you two. Try to be good. Try not to let this destroy your lives, which is why I stayed with you as long as I could; I wanted to be as good a father as I could to you two, but I am too weak to overcome my other feelings.

Please take care of yourselves as well you can.

Mark

——-^——-^——-

Note, he never says he loves them. He never says what happened that caused his hate for their mother. He just lets them know he will think of them. Let them think he means love. Let them find out about Thomas eventually. Let them feel he didn't abandon them for anything they did.

PorterrhPorterrhabout 2 years ago

Repulsive take that this author makes, where it’s just ok for the guy to bail out on the 2 kids that saw him as dad for their entire life… way to go hero - traumatising the 2 innocent victims in this saga …. Not another alternative ? Why did he have to run away like a coward ….. main character was a spineless, worthless prick tbh

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 years ago

An excellent story, quite well told (inspite of what some morons have said below) as yes, sometimes the basics DO have to be spelt-out for the uncompromised understanding of those less well versed in the inequities of "fail-safe" minutiae of the family courts!

Here we have a very Cool and reasoned alternative to the "Guns'n'Rockets" Helicopter Gunships & special forces old buddies! Well done!

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

Other than the constant rehashing this is a wonderful well written story definitely 5 stars

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 2 years ago
Way too many POV shifts

A bit messy, to be frank.

It would have been a better story if you just stuck to one POV, and fleshed out that character more and what they expereinced, so the reader had something to care about, instead of jumping back and forth constantly.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

Way to convoluted, but a reasonable story nontheless. I think Thomas got off way too lightly.

What self respecting woman would keep the slimes POS?

None l know

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not enough payback on Tommy. Plus, the kids deserve to know why Dad left. The ending just seemed incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She planned everything right down to when she got pregnant. She probably slept with her husband a day or two after fucking her buddy so his sperm got there first. She was already pregnant when she and her hubby did it and worse than that she did the same thing again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
A Decent Rendition Of This Oft Repeated Plot. Congratulations.

But it could have been a little better. After the discovery and the escape, what happened to her asshole lover Tommy? Mainly, what is his role now in Karen's life? Is he at least paying child support? Do the kids know him? There is so much Sequel material here; talk about low hanging fruit.

When the kids get their college funds, they should also get a detailed report of why their first father left their mother, including All the adultery details, photos, ALL of it. They need to know what a sociopath their mother is before they let her have any influence in their future lives, especially their future children. And of course once all the children in both families are grown and gone, Karen and Tommy will finally get to consummate their love with a real wedding. Wonder how that will work out for them, when they have to actually spend 24/7 together? Then there's all the possibilities of Karen and Mark and their families coming into contact again, including their children. Could make for some very intense drama. I hope someone will be inspired by what you started. Thanks for the effort.

CRMistyCRMistyabout 2 years ago

It was nice that Mark got to start over though my heart hurt for him in missing his first two children and they missing him. Though they weren't biologically his but everything else about them made them his children. He loved and cared for them and just like that those relationships were gone. It almost seemed like Mark was punishing himself in walking away from the kids. Great story, when I read it, it felt like Mark was a real person telling me how his life just exploaded. Happy I stumbled upon this read!

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

In all of the Literotica stories, the husband, betrayed by his wife, never wants a divorce because he is told he will be raped during the proceedings, the loss of children, the loss of assets and returned with most of the time a repair so implausible that it is stupid.

Out of the numbers, more than 45% of marriages end in divorce.

And of these divorces, almost 70% concern people under the age of 45. So almost always with children involved.

This means that approximately 1 child in 3 grows up in a separated or blended family.

But not here! how funny! Either there is a latent and ignored syndrome of the Cuckold/Wimp lifestyle.

Either men are more attached to their dough than to keep their integrity and their self-respect.

Personally, I don't need a bigger house, or a bigger car, or a new TV, or an expensive vacation.

On the other hand, being able to stand proudly in front of my children, or look at myself with my head held high in front of my mirror every morning, is priceless.

The choices you make determine who you are.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

A story says:

- when you're ready to go to bed for money, it makes you a whore.

- once this is established, we only have to negotiate the price.

So what's your price?

Staying to save your children can be understood, but staying for the money, read my introduction.

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 2 years ago

Wow what a shit story. The husband is another LW coward piece of shit. No confrontation, Just runs. That is not what a man does. And to just abandon the kids. While they weren’t biologically his they were in every way his kids and he their father. How could he do that? Oh, I know. He’s a selfish coward piece of shit.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 years ago

Everybody wants you to write their version of your story... Ha!

I liked this and gave it full marks

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

4 stars - you lose one star for the way you handled the children in this story. Having lived through a divorce when I was 12, I felt abandoned and full of hated for both my parents - they fucked up my life. I left home at 17 and never talked to either one for more than ten years and my father for about 30 years before I met and talked faced to face. So yes, the children ALWAYS suffer in a divorce.

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 2 years ago

I wish she found out how happy and lucky he was. But otherwise a very good story and no one was destroyed.

revkilljoyrevkilljoyabout 2 years ago

You need an editor you repeat yourself far too often.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Weird - The story is called "Mark - My story" but the point of view keeps changing and not in a good way.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

How many times are you going to regurgitate the same damn story? Almost every thing you post is this do nothing shit with different characters and it always ends in a divorce after a period of hell for the husband.

Get some new material.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
Just posted a new story 'Laura.' Yes, I recycle names, she's one of my favs to use in my writing, but the character is frequently different. I've been doing a review of some of the many comments that I've recieved on my stories and I'm struck by one recurring conclusion: M...