All Comments on 'The Autumn War Vol. 04: Succession'

by Snekguy

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing work, well worth the wait. Loved the characters and the action, the erotica was of course great. I never do this, but I'd love to see more of Tatzi and Hernandez.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi!

First time I have ever left a comment on this site - admittedly I really only come here to “relieve stress” as it were. I began reading your stories at the invasion of Valbara out of boredom. I really can’t stress how impressed and surprised I was by the detail, character development, and carefully crafted battle scenes. I ended up reading the entirety of the Queen of Jarilo and the Autumn War series in about a week or so here on my time off. Really great writing - you could honestly publish! Thanks for the great read! I look forward to reading your other content.

- a surprised new fan

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An epic story. Well done.

ncpetencpeteover 1 year ago

Anytime you just happen to have another 520k word story lying around, just deposit it here. :) I enjoyed the story and was glad to see you build on your previous storylines and characters. Character development was well done and the battles were very well written. I am sure that took a lot of time and thought to work out all the twists and turns. Thank you for sharing your imagination and hard work with us.

Richard1940Richard1940over 1 year ago

A tremendous story. Thank you for all the work you've put into this, not only is a very good story but there is very little for the nit-pickers to complain about, the only one I noticed was when you referred to the centremost of two

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

Wow. Is this what happens when a half million words break out? I've been reading for three days! Well done!

ender2k2kender2k2kover 1 year ago

That was masterful story telling. I love the universe you have created and look forward to each new addition to it. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another great story, binged through the whole thing in about five days. The sex scenes were fantastic as always, the worldbuilding was extensive.

My only complaint would be that aside from the first engagement, Evan never really felt like he was in any danger. The same could even be applied to his "Ghost company" as a whole, as whenever any non-protagonist characters were introduced they were pasted pretty quick for dramatic effect. With the exception of Borzka which took me by surprise, as I was expecting all of them to make it out alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fabulous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I almost goes without saying at this point that these stories continue to impress and improve! When I discovered you I just thought it was all about the smut and that was that, but I've found myself legitimately drawn into this universe! I know this thought won't go anywhere but I can't stop thinking about how amazing this universe would be as an Squad Tactics game ala XCOM. All of the coillition races coming together as unique units to make up an experimental fireteam that's customizable, and have systems in place between missions to foster character relationships (romantic or otherwise) to gain gameplay advantages and fun interactions!

Anyways, as always man, you're out here doing god's work!

LlyanderLlyanderover 1 year ago

Yaaaaay! Miqi and Bluejay!

10 out of 10. Cutest alien couple ever.

Reader737bReader737bover 1 year ago

Can't wait for the next Pinwheel novel! All four of the Autumn War series were amazing. Top class military sci fi with well thought out erotic scenes.

GrayRimGrayRimover 1 year ago

What a read. I spent most of my weekend reading this series. I got so attached to all the characters, especially Jade and Evan. I haven’t read all of your other works so I don’t know if you keep recurring characters, but I hope to see more of them in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God damn what a read. As always an amazing world and story mixed with highly erotic scenes! Honestly one of the best universes built up iv ever read this site and otherwise! Keep up the good work!

Crusader235Crusader235over 1 year ago

Maybe your absolute best work. Thank you Snek, Five Stars ain't enough. Semper Fi

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeeover 1 year ago

An amazing story, and a monumental achievement. Brilliant work, Snek!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's always a great day when you give us another epic story.

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkover 1 year ago

46 pages… Whew 😅

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A stunning masterpiece Snekguy!

I award you 37 stars for this one, wow!

Thicknrich69Thicknrich69over 1 year ago

Awesome story. Really enjoyed it.

OftenRomanticOftenRomanticover 1 year ago

Wow! Just... Wow! You've built a universe, worlds, civilizations, cultures, and most importantly, relatable individuals... individuals that, more often than not, don't look like my fellow humans... yet the characters make us feel love and loss, strength and weakness, hope and hopelessness, exhilaration and sorrow... all while leading us through epics that rival the Greek iliads and odysseys and the Asimov universe and stories... 20 Stars, 5 each per volume... but it was worth so much more... as readers we can't give you a green Editor's Pick even though you deserve one! Well done Snekguy! After bingeing a half million words I need a nap!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Incredible, incredible work. I've been following your work for a while, and upon seeing the sheer scale of the Autumn War, I knew you needed more than just some nice words, so I bought it on Smashwords. But since I started with it here, it felt fitting to experience it on this site. Anyway, absolutely loved it. I am floored by your ability to tell a story with so many moving parts. Loved seeing all the cameos and the detailed battles.

The dual narratives of the search and rescue team and the Ghost Comapny were equally thrilling, I never felt disappointed to transition between them. And keeping this last Vol focused solely on the Ant Hill and the tense, claustrophobic fighting was an excellent decision. Also loved the treat at the end. Bluejays deserves so much, and xeno on xeno is a rare pairing that was done extremely well. Just a great job all around, truly excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Do you have a list of timelines for this universe which stories when etc?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Very well done. Great character development, moving plot and subplots. Great attention to detail, and weaving in characters from other stories. Very entertaining, thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a terrible thing to do to me, Snekguy!!!!!! :) I go so wrapped up in your story, I had to keep reading, letting other things go, including sleep. What a great story, although that accolade is not nearly enough.

I am both glad and sad this story has ended but look forward to your next epic adventure.

Thanks, again, for sharing your incredible creativity with me (and all the rest of us here)!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice!

Well done. I really enjoy reading stories like this that have so much depth. Its the Sci Fi adventure that doesn't include sex scenes every page. You get to know the characters and personalities, and there's a ton of dialog. I'll be looking out for another...when you have the time. 👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story and an excellent read. Thanks for writing it!

voyeurdunuitvoyeurdunuit9 months ago

Thanks and congratulations for a really magnificent series. I liked everything about it - the pacing, the characters, the vivid descriptions, the actions, the sex - really couldn't put it down. well done.

jskin78jskin789 months ago

What a great story. Just as good if not better than ‘The Rask Rebellion’. And that is by far one of my favorites. I’m not sure about others but I’d love to get this story in one package compared to four pieces. I love a looooong story compared to shorter iterations. Thank you for another wonderful story in the world of the UNN and the coalition. I hope they keep coming. My personal favorites of this story was Evan and Jade and Ensi and Flecher.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Truly a epic story in length and scope, well done. I wish I could go on about the strengths of this epic novel, but it would condemn me to 50 pages. I am not that good of a writer, so like most critics I will just point out a flaw or two.

Evan in most of his scenes seemed to be an observer more than a participant. It really took away from action and danger.

There where other small plot holes that occurred that was distracting, but not that important. Like when you had fletcher arm himself with the laser, due to his injuries. You pointed out that he he gave away his ammo, then having him share his ammo again.

Your strategy on the whole was bang on, but your tactics was a little weak in places.

But dang, really great job.

Really glad you kept the politics subtle, hate it when authors feel the need to hit the readers over the head with a 50lb message.

DucatastiDucatasti9 months ago

Fist class epic, your writing skills are just exceptional. I thought you wouldn’t be able to surpass you first bug epic but you have done so in style without a doubt. Thank you for sharing

cybertron84cybertron848 months ago

id say amazing, but that word doesnt do your writing justice. power reading all your stories i may be addicted and ive read ALOT of sci fi over the last 40 yrs..

Nothingman83Nothingman836 months ago

Please Sir, I'd like to have more.

How about follow up stories about Jade and Evan on Jarilo? Raising a family, their kids being 3/4ths human would be really great. Fletcher and Xipa? Hernandez and Tatzi? We already know that they could have kittens...

XericXenophileXericXenophile3 months ago

Two alien species sex scene! Strangely arousing. Great world full of stories you've created. Thank you.

Hardrider56Hardrider5620 days ago

WOW! What a great story line. Very well written. Will be reading more of your work soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSnekguy@Snekguy
2784 Followers
Check out my new website over at Snekguy.com, where you can read the Pinwheel Wiki, see galleries for book covers and concept art, and more! I now have Ebooks available on Amazon and Smashwords! Buying a copy of your favorite story is a great way to support me. amazon.com/auth...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES