All Comments on 'Memoirs of a Crazy Bitch'

by misterechik

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
ROFLMAO

Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off! (And I'm a guy.) Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Reality

The reality is that there are "Crazy bitches" out there. I know, I was married to one. If she fed herself enough alcohol, and she was real good at that too, she became one genuine 100% American "crazy bitch" with a chip on her shoulder the size of a redwood. She hated anyone and everyone and would get in their shit just for looking in her direction. I've been divorced from her over 20 years and I'm still afrain someone's gonna try and sue me for some of the stunts we pulled in our 5 years together.

LustHoseLustHoseabout 17 years ago
Reality bites....

Insightful commentary from the front lines of the "battle of the sexes."

I sometimes wonder about the use of martial metaphors describe the relationship between the genders.

Does it have to be that way or would our existence evolve to something far better if humankind were to come to the realization that we need those differences to survive?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Frustration & Folly

I liked your submission, because it shows us guys why women get frustrated, because we don't listen well when we don't want anything from you.

As to women facing a tilted table when it comes to casual sex and venting frustration in a direct way, it's too true to be funny.

Also, developing an intermediate response between seething with rage and going nuclear would be emotionally healthy.

Still, trying to put things in terms both sexes understand

is an ongoing struggle. Girls tend to want men to be clueless so they have a right to bitch about men being "clueless".

As a man, I see a woman absolutely outraged by something simple but annoying that she's woven into a skein of pain, disllusionment, and so forth back to getting picked last for dodgeball in third grade.

Guys are usually too lazy to engage in that kind of emotional wheel-spinning.

(I'm not saying our obsessions are any better, but we save our mental and emotional ammo for things that matter to us.

The reason ladies, we don't respond to entreaties about window treatments or what you're wearing to the party is that it's largely irrelevant and off the radar.

Now, can guys be dopey? Hell yeah! Pick a subject. The thing is that for us, things are much easier to deal with.

We're taught that if we're good with things and abstract concepts, we'll get great jobs and be considered "men".

Women do not get mens' anxiety about being "men", not just guys. We all prove ourselves in different ways, but men have a masculine mystique as damaging as the feminine.

You'd like us to be better with people, because by and large, nothing works right if you've got the wrong people with the wrong attitude in a given situation.

All I'm saying is that if we're both willing to listen, things will go a hell of a lot easier and happier for us both.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 17 years ago
So, wait a sec here...

....I understand that there is a double standard in some circles about sex...(though in Hollywood, there's a reverse one where women's infidelity is provoked and justified, while men's are not). But I see a different double standard, against men, in violence. Women are usually let off with a slap on the wrist for destruction of property or physically abusing men (including slaps on the face) on the grounds of being weaker than men (true generally in terms of body muscle mass, but it's akin to the situation of a cop...he is sometimes assaulted and when he protects himself, the assailant claims "police brutality"). It's a passive-aggressive form of physical abuse and domestic violence, where the man's great muscular power does him no good, and in fact hurts him, because he dares not retaliate for fear of being charged with domestic violence. So, in essence, women's "weakness" becomes their asset. I have yet to hear of women seriously punished for destroying property or physically assaulting their husbands or beaus. A man couldn't get away with that (nor should he, but then neither should women). Were men provoked then, if they destroy stuff? Should that justify their destroying property or beating up women? I think not. And neither should women get away with it. Women need to take some responsibility in this matter and stop playing the victim card to get a slap on the wrist for assault or destruction of property. I guarantee that a man who cut off a woman's clit, as Lorena Bobbitt cut off her hubby's dick, would have gotten jail time. Serious jail time. Not shrink ward time, like Lorena Bobbitt. Regardless of provocation. We men don't expect to get away with violence or destroying property if we are jilted or scorned. Or have it accepted as a provocation. Neither should women. Women need to grow up in this sense. Otherwise, men will continue to resent them for their special treatment.

flgndrhollanderflgndrhollanderabout 17 years ago
Yah, and its just PMS

Short version: PMS is a hormonal change that makes some women, occasionally, act like a man does all of the time.

P.S. I'm a male and my wife will back me up on that

anonymousreaderanonymousreaderabout 17 years ago
yep, crazy

Look, this Joel guy is obviously not the brightest bulb to begin with: look what he's doing for a living! So, just order the number three, no special changes, and make life easier on both of you.

Oh yeah, that reaction is crazy. He gets the order wrong so you assault him? wtf? And yes, throwing the drink in his face is assault. Not only that, it is cowardly, attacking someone that you know cannot return it in kind.

misterechikmisterechikabout 17 years agoAuthor
to some of you that left a comment...

Hey, guys....

I think some of you need to calm down and take things into perspective here. I did not write this submission to be a personal attack on all of mankind. Fer crissakes, the category is "Humor and Satire". So no need to get all serious and crazy. If you don't find it amusing, fine. But do me a favor and don't sit here and write a bunch of testosterone laden protests and give me your life history and examples of the contrary. IT IS HUMOR, COMEDY...HELLO? The fact that some of you are taking it all serious when you're reading a humor submission even further makes the story seem like it's the real McCoy rather than satire. And to the dumbass that wrote the comment about "assaulting Joel", THIS IS A FICTITIOUS WORK. I wrote that because I'm sure everybody can relate to having a heap of shit to do on your plate and somebody's stupidity pushing the boundaries of your sanity. So, to those of you that get easily offended: LIGHTEN UP! go read the reluctance/non-consent genre and stop taking everything so seriously.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Hilarious!

:::watching "Memoirs" zing over folks' heads:::

<p>Enjoyed your musing immensely.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Cute a little misguided but cute

We all get hurt in our life and of course men and women are so very different but to generalize with such fervor underlying the humor is a bit disconcerting. I hope the next guy in your life is a better partner.

Well done little piece just a little too much anger creeps up through! Just my male take.

Thanks for the entertainment

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I sooo love this!!!!!!! I have gotten called a crazy bitch before.

As always, it's never their fault.

I am just an ''Incoherent-Psychotic-Blood driven-Crazy bitch'' Who just acts up anytime.

hahaha I love your article!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Amazing!

As a feminist guy, I agree with you on this 100%. Great articulation of these problems. This is especially poignant as it comes in a site full of unconsciously sexist stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Your pain tolerance is lower then a man your ability to handle pain is lower then a man except once and that is giving birth. Never mind that was a crazy bitch reaction. Now imagine if a guy reacted that way no sane human would want to be around them. Fast food people are retarded get over it

thedemonIxthedemonIxover 6 years ago
Epic...

I would rather be crazy than stupid...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous